Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? (1269 Views)

Big Boobs Dorcas23: Why Are Nigerians So Hypocritical And Pretentious? / Man Reveals The Hypocritical Nature Of Nigerian Ladies / How Do I Deal With My Girlfriend's Male Bestie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hi fam,

I have this close friend who is a hypocrite. Hypocrisy to the extent that he says sth to me and says sth else outside. He lies in every two words he speaks.

I've been advised to leave him for his doubled tongue but how can I find the nearest exit without sounding rude?
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Una still dey do “close friend” for this country

The earlier you realize you’re the close friend to yourself, the better for your growing up.

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
Hi fam,

I have this close friend who is an hypocrite. Hypocrisy to the extent that he says sth to me and says sth else outside. He lies in every two words he speaks.

I've been advised to leave him for his doubled tongue but how can I find the nearest exit without sounding rude?
So we have men who also behave this way lol, it shouldn't be a big deal for you to outrightly cut him off.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

The earlier you realize you’re the close friend to yourself, the better for your growing up.

Bro, I didn't make him close. He made himself.

I just had to use the word to harness my point.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Noblefreeman(m): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:

Bro, I didn't make him close. He made himself.
I just had to use the word to harness my point.
Unclose the friendship for your sanity.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Zzor:
So we have men who also behave this way lol, it shouldn't be a big deal for you to outrightly cut him off.

That how is what I don't know.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
I hope you're perfect yourself for wanting to leave someone for his weakness?
btw just tell him that you prefer to keep your distance
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Unclose the friendship for your sanity.
I'm quite untrained in being rude. Teach me what you'll do.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Zzor:
Evening newspaper, disappear from here now!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by DenreleDave(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:
Hi fam,

I have this close friend who is a hypocrite. Hypocrisy to the extent that he says sth to me and says sth else outside. He lies in every two words he speaks.

Hmm.. Stay wth him.... Don't leave.. Accept your fate
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Durentt:
I hope you're perfect yourself for wanting to leave someone for his weakness?

btw just tell him that you prefer to keep your distance

Pls read my post again.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:

I'm quite untrained in being rude. Teach me what you'll do.
Avoidance ain’t rude. He will decipher and bounce.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Evening newspaper, disappear from here now!
Pls let her be, I don't hate her.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by internationalman(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
Start being out of sight of him. As the saying goes out of sight out of mind

Kriss216:

I bet you would oppose your your stance if Laycon were your friend right now.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:

Pls let her be, I don't hate her.
I dislike her and her posts!
She’s a menace here.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:

Pls read my post again.
sorry. it's normal to not want to have a liar as a close friend though.

sorry I didn't read before posting.

just tell him to keep his distance
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:

You think Laycon will be sharing his 85million with his friends

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
DenreleDave:

Hmm.. Stay wth him.... Don't leave.. Accept your fate

Like he's the one pushing the closeness. I really hate it when people talk too much, coupled with the fact that 90% of what he says is lie.

I can manage that.

The part I can't condole is the hypocrisy. In derogatory words, he is a gossiper. A big one.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by internationalman(m): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

You think Laycon will be sharing his 85million with his friends

It's not about his money.

People just want to associate with successful people.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:

I wish it was that easy but he seems ubiquitous in my areas of work.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:

It's not about his money.
People just want to associate with successful people.
People want to associate with BENEFICIAL successful people, rather .

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
Durentt:
sorry. it's normal to not want to have a liar as a close friend though.

sorry I didn't read before posting.

just tell him to keep his distance

It can't literally work because he's actually going to be where I'll be working.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chatinent: 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:
Avoidance ain’t rude. He will decipher and bounce.
Avoidance.
That's one.
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
chatinent:

It can't literally work because he's actually going to be where I'll be working.
that bad
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by internationalman(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

People want to associate with BENEFICIAL successful people, rather .

If you role with lets say Davido, you would pull a babe of the same high class as Chioma.. It's really not about the money.

I can boldly tell you that broke guys spend more on girls than rich guys reason being that girls just want to get close to a dude they know has money; they can allow the dude have sex with them before giving them money because they know money is not a problem.

The reverse is the case for a broke guy
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by Kriss216: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:

If you role with lets say Davido, you would pull a babe of the same high class as Chioma.. It's really not about the money.

I can boldly tell you that broke guys spend more on girls than rich guys reason being that girls just want to get close to a dude they know has money; they can allow the dude have sex with them before giving them money because they know money is not a problem.

The reverse is the case for a broke guy
So, it’s all about pulling a high class babe? Interesting

1 Like

Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by anochuko01(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
leave before he ends up hurting you...
im waiting for the perfect time to ditch one ive got too.... very cunny and contentious
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by internationalman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

So, it’s all about pulling a high class babe? Interesting

It was just a reference. It could be a high class babe or a high paying job
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by adaora17901: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
:So we have women who also behave this thing lol, it shouldn't be a big agreement for you to outrightly cut him off.afternoon magazine, disappear from here now!
Re: How Can I Deal With This Hypocritical Friend? by chybuzky(m): 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
You couldn't be asking this question guy just cut him off

He can only take you down

(1) (Reply)

10 Bad Boy Style: How To Look Like A Bad Boy (even If You Aren't One) / Both Nigerian Men And Women Cheat, Stop Accusing Only Nigerian Women Of Cheating / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.