Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today (12631 Views)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Pastor Adeboye, Shuns Calls From His Senior Pastors To Quit As He Turns 70 / Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Endows A N50m Professorial Chair At Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by HolyMikel(m): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2011
Happy birthday to the great man of God
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by focusxo4: 1:10am On Mar 04, 2011
i thank GOD ALMIGHTY,4 sparing d life of our daddy G.O
he is a source of blessing to our generation.
Happy birthday daddy.HALLELUYAH.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 3:53am On Mar 04, 2011
Happy birthday to a Giant!
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 04, 2011
Happy birthday to my mentor
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2011
nuella2:

@kunle

Paul called Timothy his son, what do you think Timothy called Paul?

1 Cor 4:14-16

14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
KJV

1 Cor 4:17

17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
KJV
I quoted our lord and saviour Jesus christ who is the final authority in heaven and on earth and you are quoting apostle Paul who was merely his servant. I am not suprised as you have demonstrated on a consistent basis that you would rather obey Oyaks than obey the word of God.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Olumogun: 11:53am On Mar 04, 2011
Does it matter what some PHARISEES are saying here? ? ?

Thank God "they" are not the one you are working for, else . . . . .

Happy Birthday to you Sir.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by dtun: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
Wishing Daddy GO a happy birthday. God will increase your annoiting in Jesus name(amen). You will finish well and strong in Jesus name(amen).
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sley4life(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
hbd
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Joagbaje(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2011
@kunleoshob
KunleOshob:

I quoted our lord and saviour Jesus christ who is the final authority in heaven and on earth and you are quoting apostle Paul who was merely his servant. I am not suprised as you have demonstrated on a consistent basis that you would rather obey Oyaks than obey the word of God.

Jesus christ of nazareth didn't function in the new testament. If you must grow out of babyhood, listen to paul.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by PastorAIO: 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

@kunleoshob
Jesus christ of nazareth didn't function in the new testament. If you must grow out of babyhood, listen to paul.

You go explain this one o!
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by REALTRUTH1: 8:12pm On Mar 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

@kunleoshob
So if I must comply to the 21st century christianity(without Christ),,,I must listen to who then? I tell you the truth as a christian and many of my other friends,,,amparticularly disappointed at the way its practiced in Nigeria,,The sad truth is that just like me and many other people out there,,,,I have absolutely no regards for most pastors in Nigera,,,I will rather stay at home and worship God with my family than going to gather in a place where MEN re being glorified in place of God,,,
To even think that Pastor Chris does not believe in the ideas of RCCG,,,he would rather fellowship with TB Joshua than PFN members,,,If God is not the author of confussion,,,somethings re obviously wrong with Christianity( religion with Christ),,,
Am really not baffled at ur post because I have been wondering why the so called church Christ has been in crisis,,,Now I know its because CHRIST is not in the church anymore,,,very sad!!!!!
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2011
Na wa ooooooo!!!

Lets be careful and concentrate more on our fight than trying to see who is best.

Jesus was also condemned. You know?
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by REALTRUTH1: 12:35am On Mar 05, 2011
sgt.info:

Na wa ooooooo!!!
Lets be careful and concentrate more on our fight than trying to see who is best.
Jesus was also condemned. You know?
Someone just condemned Jesus to the old testament here,,,saying he does not have a relevance or functions as much as Paul(Whereas Paul like me look unto Jesus as the authorand finisher of our faith),,,the implication here is that in this age,time and dispensation,,,Paul does not have any relevance,,we must listen to Pastor Chris,,T.B, Joshua,,and many other confused people,,,
The more reason why Christianity is a confused state at this time and age,,,,when the words of a pastor is placed above that of Christ or God,,,who then is our focus??
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by 1money: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2011
Happy birthday sir.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Enigma(m): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
KunleOshob:

Joagbaje:

@kunleoshob

So to listen to and follow Jesus is to remain in babyhood! Imagine this pathetic nonsense! Satan has well and truly blinded these people. Anyway, Jesus Himself (quoting Isaiah) said: "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men" (Matthew 15:8 & 9)
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
REAL TRUTH:

Someone just condemned Jesus to the old testament here,,,saying he does not have a relevance or functions as much as Paul(Whereas Paul like me look unto Jesus as the authorand finisher of our faith),,,the implication here is that in this age,time and dispensation,,,Paul does not have any relevance,,we must listen to Pastor Chris,,T.B, Joshua,,and many other confused people,,,
The more reason why Christianity is a confused state at this time and age,,,,when the words of a pastor is placed above that of Christ or God,,,who then is our focus??

Tell me what i don't know.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by TeeJay6(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

The craziness on this thread no get part two. The name 'Daddy GO' cracks me up big time!
Daddy GO kor, mummy MI ni
. LWKMD! grin grin cheesy

well to use your profile signature"You don't like me people calling him daddy GO? Mind over matter. Daddy GO don't doesn't mind and you don't matter.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Becomrichn: 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2011
see
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 1:28am On Mar 06, 2011
Lol

Tee_Jay:

well to use your profile signature"You don't like me people calling him daddy GO? Mind over matter. Daddy GO don't doesn't mind and you don't matter.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by FEMOBOBO(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2011
glory be to God in the highest, for our Daddy birthday but i would like to correct this daddy was born in 1942, so therefore he is 69
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by FEMOBOBO(m): 3:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
glory be to God that our Daddy is celebrating is birthday but i will like to say he is not 70, he is still 69 he was born in the year 1942
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

@kunleoshob

This is really below the belt, i don't know how to respond to this now that you have made it clear that we don't worship the sme God and those of us that follow Christ [true christians] are spiritual babies. Well i leave you to continue to follow chris who is leading several like you on the wide express way to destruction whilst fleecing you into the bargain.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2011
Happy Birthday Sir! I pray for more aunction from above and may you fulfill your God-given ministry and purpose in life.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2011
KunleOshob:

I happened to see your post here kunle and could not help but wonder how you picked this.
In related arguments we have had, we have quoted Jesus Christ but you have always told us that you followed the early church led by Paul. So how come this statement all of a sudden? shocked

Kunle, you really need to explain yourself here please as I do not know what you are implying.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

@kunleoshob

Sorry?! shocked
Joagbaje,
kindly explain what you mean?

Oh I get it! but Joagbaje this needs to be rephrased asap as you did not present it well. It is hanging,
I guess you meant after His death, he did not 'function' in human form. Well He functioned through the Holy Spirit but not as a 'man' in human flesh.
However, correct me if you have a different interpretation.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Joagbaje(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
What I meant was that the events written in the Gospels didn't take place in the new testament. Even though the books are refered to as New Testament portion of the bible. But the new testament didnt come to effect until after the death of Jesus, so Jesus himself didn't live in the new testament. The holy spirit is the one that reveals the power of the new testament to us. 

He couldnt reveal everything to the apostles yet in his life time because they were not yet born again and also haven received the holy spirit. 

John 16:12
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

The revelation of the truth was given to paul personally by Jesus .

Galatians 1:11
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The new testament for the church began after resurrection.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2011
@Joagbaje,
Thanks for the clarification. So you mean that in the new convenant, Paul functioned. I think you should always expantiate when you give such posts for clarity of the public as it took me a few mins to get what you meant.

@Kunleoshob,
I need your explanation since almost all your views on nairaland are hinged on Paul's words.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2011
What do you want me to explain? Jesus is the final undiluted and unchangeable authority, paul was inspired by the holy spirit even though he still had his human limitations, theirt words obviously don't carry the same weight
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2011
@Kunleoshob,
so what are you saying concerning the words of Paul? Christianity today is based on the death/resurrection of Jesus and the teachings of Paul by the Holy Spirit. The church led by Papa Adeboye (who this thread was opened for) preaches tithe which Christ said should not be left undone while dwelling on the weightheir matters of the law which include justice, mercy and faithfulness.
However, any argument you have on tithe is based on your interpretation of Paul's words in Hebrews 7 of which you said Paul stated that it has now been abolished (I had to bring this up since you have a campaign against tithe).
So since Jesus is the final undiluted and unchangeable authority, why have you been disputing His word on tithe?
Pls be consistent, this is for the benefit of all those viewing this thread.

KunleOshob:

What do you want me to explain? Jesus is the final undiluted and unchangeable authority, paul was inspired by the holy spirit even though he still had his human limitations, theirt words obviously don't carry the same weight
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 12:15am On Mar 07, 2011
What is all this about. Are trying talk say Baba Adeboye , or , ?

Let's get this clear. What has Baba done.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 6:14am On Mar 07, 2011
@snowwy
Was the type of tithing which was directed to those under the law which Jesus okayed for the pharisees which was agricultural produce the same as the fraudulently manipulated one preached today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Pastor Kumuyi's Easter Message: Suicide Not The Way Out Of Economic Hardship / Pastor Timothy Olufemi Akanni: Second Marriage And Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.