Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today (12629 Views)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? / Pastor Adeboye, Shuns Calls From His Senior Pastors To Quit As He Turns 70 / Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Endows A N50m Professorial Chair At Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 6:18am On Mar 07, 2011
Christianity today is based primarily on the teaching of Jesus christ, even Paul's teachings were based on christ's teachings.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 7:38am On Mar 07, 2011
KunleOshob:

@snowwy
Was the type of tithing which was directed to those under the law which Jesus okayed for the pharisees which was agricultural produce the same as the fraudulently manipulated one preached today?

KunleOshob:

Christianity today is based primarily on the teaching of Jesus christ, even Paul's teachings were based on christ's teachings.

@KunleOshob,
My questions beg an answer. Don't try to dodge it. Answer it first then we can proceed.
You misquoted Hebrews 7 to mean that tithe was abolished based on Paul's teachings meanwhile Jesus said we should not leave it undone.
You are therefore weighing the words in a bible on a scale.
Please answer my question, whose teaching is right? Since you say that Paul's teaching is based on Christ's teaching and Jesus said that tithing should NOT BE LEFT UNDONE (he did not abolish it) it means that all your arguments on tithe being 'heretic' is false and we should therefore flee people like you.
You quote scriptures according to your whims and caprices.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Enigma(m): 7:54am On Mar 07, 2011
The same Jesus who "did not function in the New Testament", you want to follow on "tithing"?

When the same Jesus said do not call anyone "father", you people say we should not follow Jesus on that because that will be to remain in babyhood ----- instead we should 'follow Paul' and be calling "pastors" and "ministers" father.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Olumogun: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2011
1. I can see that a lot of the guys out here are better a "confussionist" rather than Christian.

2. I think some of you should also learn to open your own thread on issue of your interest rather than hijacking other people's thread.

3. I was thinking some one will come out here to say, 'this is what Pastor Adejare Enoch Adeboye did wrong'. pls note that I am not a redeemed church member , so i do not have cause defending anybody.

4. It will be against Christ word if all of you though are talking good of Pastor Adeboye (and the likes).
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Joagbaje(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2011
A christian who has not embraced or understood the message of Paul is a BABY.

Hebrews 5:13
13 For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

1corinthians 3:1 
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ. 2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able [to bear it], neither yet able

[size=18pt]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PASTOR ADEBOYE[/size]
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2011
Snowwy:

@KunleOshob,
My questions beg an answer. Don't try to dodge it. Answer it first then we can proceed.
You misquoted Hebrews 7 to mean that tithe was abolished based on Paul's teachings meanwhile Jesus said we should not leave it undone.
You are therefore weighing the words in a bible on a scale.
Please answer my question, whose teaching is right? Since you say that Paul's teaching is based on Christ's teaching and Jesus said that tithing should NOT BE LEFT UNDONE (he did not abolish it) it means that all your arguments on tithe being 'heretic' is false and we should therefore flee people like you.
You quote scriptures according to your whims and caprices.

If you have enough intellect to read comprehend and understand my last post on the tithing scam, you won't be repeating this deluded question. The type of tithe jesus was talking about is different from the fraudulent version preached today and it ws directed at pharisees who were under the law NOT christians who are under grace. Hebrews 7 clearly nullifies the Jewish custom of tithing if you are not happy with it go jump off a sky scrapper and make the world a better place instead of joining those spreading the poisonous doctrine of mordern day tithes which is destroying lives.

PS: This is not a tithe thread, if you want to continue this discussion i suggest you resuscitate one of the several tithes thread and we continue the issue there. Stop derailing 'daddy's' thread his adulators want to continue celebrating him here.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by KunleOshob(m): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2011
Olumogun:

3. I was thinking some one will come out here to say, 'this is what Pastor Adejare Enoch Adeboye did wrong'.pls note that I am not a redeemed church member , so i do not have cause defending anybody.

As a true follower of christ, it is wrong for Pastor Adeboye to allow his members to continue to call him daddy which is contrary to the instructions of our lord Jesus christ.

Matthew 23:9:
9And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.

That is apart from the fact that he also preaches compulsary tithing which has now been confired to be a fraudulent manipulation of scriptures.

@Joagbaje
Paaul's teachings were strictly based on christ's teachings, he was not a rebel like you and your spiritualfather oyaks. Paul describing timothy as his son does not translate to him teaching us that we should be calling church leaders daddy contrary tothe teachings of christ.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Snowwy: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2011
If people like Kunleoshob and his ilk come here to always find things to say about men of God or twist the scriptures, they have to be held up to their words.
This same Kunle has said he is a follower of Paul yet he is now saying Paul is a 'mere servant of Jesus' and hence Paul's words do not weigh.

Did Jesus, who spoke to the Pharisees on tithe, not also say they should focus on mercy, justice and failthfulness? Are you saying he only meant that to be practiced by pharisees?

He also spoke to a pharisee about being born again:

John 3:7
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Are you saying being born again is meant for pharisees alone?

When he spoke to the Samaritan woman by the well, was he only speaking to the woman by the well and not to other Christians?

John 4:21
21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

lipsrsealed You ought to be embarrased at this level of your folly.

Kunle, you have continuously entangled yourself in the web of lies that you wove yourself into. I only question you based on the very statements you make and you cannot even make a good defence.
I can see that you shallow and you interprete scriptures based only for your benefit and while at it you try to bring others down with you.
The letter truly killeth!
It seems you never called your father 'daddy or father'. Go and read up and pray for the Holy Spirirt to explain what Jesus meant by the statement ' do not call anyone father on earth'.

KunleOshob:

, if you are not happy with it go jump off a sky scrapper and make the world a better place instead of joining those spreading the poisonous doctrine, 
And to think these very words are coming from a self-acclaimed perfect 'christian' who is 'holy'. All because you cannot defend the lies you have been spreading. I don't need to descend to the level in which you have put yourself, resorting to abuse. By their fruits, we know them.

This thread was to wish the man of God (who you have continuously abused on other threads) a happy birthday, what did you come here to do but to act on the evil in your heart and derail the thread.
May God forgive you.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by spikedcylinder: 11:28am On Mar 07, 2011
Tee_Jay:

well to use your profile signature"You don't like me people calling him daddy GO? Mind over matter. Daddy GO don't doesn't mind and you don't matter.

Ouch! O dun mi gan o. tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy angry
The name still cracks me up shaaaaa! Bite me. Daddy TJ grin grin grin grin
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by trhymes(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2011
a big amen from me
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by Olumogun: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2011
KunleOshob:

As a true follower of christ, it is wrong for Pastor Adeboye to allow his members to continue to call him daddy which is contrary to the instructions of our lord Jesus christ.

9And do not call anyone [in the church] on earth father, for you have one Father, Who is in heaven.

That is apart from the fact that he also preaches compulsary tithing which has now been confired to be a fraudulent manipulation of scriptures.

@Joagbaje
Paaul's teachings were strictly based on christ's teachings, he was not a rebel like you and your spiritualfather oyaks. Paul describing timothy as his son does not translate to him teaching us that we should be calling church leaders daddy contrary tothe teachings of christ.

I will love to contribute to this but only on a neutral thread. so if you want people like me who may not like to hijack other thread for argument to contribute, then . . . . .
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by sgtinfo(f): 2:41am On Mar 14, 2011
KunleOshob:

@Joagbaje

Is this new. We all call our 'Dad', Father or Daddy. Garment Churches call there Pastors Daddy. Is it new?

Then why on this trend? Why don't we congratulate Him and start another trend on DADDY in general, instead off directing every to Adeboye.
Re: Hurray Daddyg.o Enoch Adejare Adeboye Turns 70 Years Old Today by CrazyMan(m): 4:30am On Mar 14, 2011
Happy birthday daddy GO and many many years ahead! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Mysterious Secrets Of The Dark Kingdom / Pastor Timothy Olufemi Akanni: Second Marriage And Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.