Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World (27711 Views)

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? / Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo / Top 5 Ways To Make Indomie Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Oracleforce: 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thank God the ranking wasn't in the bad category....because Nigeria is fond of being enlisted in the bad ranking globally....

Mr. Cameron said that we are fantastically corrupt
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by esivue007(m): 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
smile11s:
USA should be number 1
no china and Hong Kong would forever occupied that position.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Which kain wahala come b this one ehh?
Oyibo people no d try 4 us at all...
Even kilishi, abachia, suya, garri and kunu wey we d export never for once made any int'l recognition, but see indomie of yesterday come d enter research. Well nothing good is recognised in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Eriokanmi: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Diabetes, high blood pressure and the likes...loading
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by AnanseK(m): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Mohayemi:
We dey top chart

A drain on your economy. Nigeria should be exporting food and not importing billions of Naira worth of noodles.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by vhykeeytor(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
We suppose be number 1 sef...cos the way BBN lockdown housemates take chop noodles like our staple food.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Adrian9(m): 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
luckgood:
God why? We don't need this type of record. Can't we be 11th or even 1st in eating our indigenous foods and turning them into global brand.
You go old!
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Ladycewhy(f): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
superCleanworks:
I am not a noodle person but i think Nigerian noodles should be the most
expensive in the world with respect to the kind of Poor Quality
Crappy noodles and pasta we have here.
They just put them in OVERSIZE packs and fill it up with air.
And to think people take it as prestige that we are 11th position irks me.
Never been a fan of noodles sold in Nigeria and never will. Sweet easy to cook poison packaged as noodles.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by aidoko1: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
I use to hide and eat Noodles. How manage they added me among the numbers?
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by chatinent: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Eating it with chop sticks are cool.
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by jaeyking(m): 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
onomeabuja:
oh...,una knw know b4?
come kaduna state for our angwan , na wetin we dey take catch babes nah grin grin grin
b4 she come i don go buy i satchet of noodles with egg join..., come see as my room dey always dey turn to national monument every day lol....,
true-true, we deserve the position because i dey contribute wella for the rise shocked shocked shocked

where u base for kd
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Darealudeme: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ninejaywon:
But Nigerians dey eat oo. An average Nigerian is very easy to please, give him FOOD, WATER, ELECTRICITY,GOOD ROAD, SCHOOL,HOSPITAL and SEX. Then you are free.
You forgot to add church. grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ninejaywon:
But Nigerians dey eat oo. An average Nigerian is very easy to please, give him FOOD, WATER, ELECTRICITY,GOOD ROAD, SCHOOL,HOSPITAL and SEX. Then you are free.
... Are you talking about FFK ? undecided

Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by GuestLog: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
Workhardenough:
Oh! Pls...
Nigeria is like the eating capital of the world.
They spend about 60% of their monthly income on food, and yet refuse to farm.
Hahahaha very funny but true!
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by starexjnr(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
postbox:
The World Instant Noodles Association has ranked Nigeria as the 11th country in the world with a strong demand for noodles. The first position is shared between China and Hong Kong with a total of 41,450 Million servings. Nigeria is 11th with 1,920 million servings.
The World Instant Noodles Association was created primarily to accumulate and share information about technical issues related to the quality development of instant noodles so that people can enjoy instant noodles with safety and trust. They also collect and distribute industry data such as the global demand for instant noodles.

According to the 2019 Expenditure pattern report, it was revealed that of the total household expenditure, 56.65% of the household expenditure in 2019 was spent on food, with a balance of about 43.35 spent on non-food items.

The report further states that Nigerians spent a whopping N22.7 trillion on food-related expendiures. People purchased more of carbohydrates with Starchy Roots, Tubers, and Plantain dominating with about N2.5 trillion. Rice a major staple food item cost Nigerians about N1.9 trillion while vegetables cost N1.7 trillion. It was also discovered that people spend about 4.5 trillion eating outside of their homes.

Nigerians are currently seeking alternatives to rice and other expensive food items in the market and one of the alternatives is noodles. The cost of other food items would therefore drive people to seek cheaper substitutes for the major foods available.

As we all know the ban on foreign rice has contributed to the spike in the price of rice and other alternative foods and to worsen the matter is the impact of COVID 19. The COVID period has caused an increase in transportation fares, unemployment, and companies paying half salaries. It has also impacted negatively the revenues of businesses and the financial power of the government of Nigeria. All these have contributed to low money circulation and an increase in the prices of services and commodities.

This probably has contributed to the increase in instant noodles consumption in Nigeria coupled with the constant and deliberate creation of mental images of noodles by the top brands and the use of large distribution networks.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/09/30/nigeria-is-now-the-11th-most-noodles-consuming-country-in-the-world/
what should we now do with this news... this is not what we want to hear
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by onomeabuja: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
jaeyking:

where u base for kd
Kakuri bro
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by jaeyking(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
onomeabuja:

Kakuri bro

hope say u no dey follow all those kakuri small small girls cuz na them full there
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by martineverest(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
onomeabuja:
oh...,una knw know b4?
come kaduna state for our angwan , na wetin we dey take catch babes nah grin grin grin
b4 she come i don go buy i satchet of noodles with egg join..., come see as my room dey always dey turn to national monument every day lol....,
true-true, we deserve the position because i dey contribute wella for the rise shocked shocked shocked
hope u know the consequences of consuming noodles steadily?
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by LAguy(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Gwagone:
Let the indomie children come forward grin

Like for NOODLES

Share for VEGETABLE AND YELLOW EBA
Do you watch Ayamatanga undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by onomeabuja: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
jaeyking:

hope say u no dey follow all those kakuri small small girls cuz na them full there
My brother shocked wetin man go do nah cool u & me know say...,small-small girls no de again nah...
Abi hw e b 4 ur area nah...abi make I come with 2 satchet of indomine noodles negrin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by OLULAW: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
In spite of growing some of the most sumptuous food (e.g. Plantain, beans, yam, corn-on-the-hub, etc.) on this planet Earth, Nigerians are now one of the highest noodles consuming countries in the world. In deed, "There was a Country."
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by smogup: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ninejaywon:
network and data for browsing
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by officialfestus(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Workhardenough:
Oh! Pls...
Nigeria is like the eating capital of the world.
They spend about 60% of their monthly income on food, and yet refuse to farm.
this is so true
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by onomeabuja: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
Preshieben:
so daft a comment....
See u..., if u provoke me nw now nw, walahi I go use Noodle catch u come my bunk grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by onomeabuja: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
martineverest:
hope u know the consequences of consuming noodles steadily?
Oga no be me de chop ap nah..., na d babes I de use am feed grin..
I b father christmas grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by Ayobami7(m): 12:13am On Oct 05, 2020
noted
Re: Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World by DedeNkem: 9:07am On Oct 05, 2020
Nigeria always rank high on b*ullshit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.