Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? (27758 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Food Combo You Have Ever Eaten? (picture) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Juliusmomoh: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2021
Just as the subject above.

What is the weirdest things hunger makes you do?

Mine is..

When i was living alone as a young man. There was one particular week that i was damn broke. No money on me except #1000. I use the money to made yam porridge.

But can you imagine that i turn the yam porrigde into soup?

I beg my landlady for garri, she accept and i made eba with it. Using the yam porridge soup to step it down. embarassed

May god help us all

247 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ever8090: 7:21am On Sep 30, 2021
I had to stop and begged untill I got 200 which I bought noodles with

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by slawormiir: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales..

To be sincere....haven't experience tough hunger though right from birth... not because say na me huzzle pass....or we get money for the family...but every body concentrated their love and care for me.....
As the only niggar among six children.....

Respect to all those who don really suffer

236 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Juliusmomoh: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2021
Lalasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by OkuFaba(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2021
Got broke sometime in my 3rd year in the university, I was the sole sponsor of my education, just bought textbooks and renewed my rents then, but hunger no send oo, I overheard my married neighbour talking about having laundry to do without strength, I struck a deal, did the laundry, noticed his house was unkept, told him to up my pay and I'll do magical cleaning.
I ended up making 8k that day and a free lunch.

If you know what free lunch means to a student that time.

Now na me dey do shakara for free lunch from ladies sef.
Levels really changed.
That same neighbour now said I'm into diabolic things to make money cos I can't stoop that low again to do such.
People no dey want make person grow, they'll want you to keep worshipping them till eternity

387 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2021
undecided
I was in ND2 as then...The hunger struck so hard on me to the extent that one fateful night,I arranged a gang (my hostel mates) and went into a nearby bush to search for snails cheesy. The funny part was that snails was being worshipped as a deity by the villagers...Na when their local vigilante jam us,dem begin warn us say na that the same bush armed robbers dey use as their hide outs after robbery sad na then we begin explain wetin carry us go there. Thank God we were with our school I.D cards grin. Las las,they set us free...

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ahmback(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread.

Here in Uni,,,, i don dey hungry for two good days surviving only on water... on the third day a good Samaritan gave me 2k to buy food saying I was "flying" while walking

Aside hunger stuff,,, i got lots of story to tell base on hostel life

180 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by helinues: 8:35am On Sep 30, 2021
Back in tertiary, you missed garri with rice, eat rice with bread, soak garri for almost hour to rise..

grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Offpoint1: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's stew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500.
Trek from Badadgry to Ajah for 30k job's interview...
If suffering was person, then it's Offpoint.

Life's brutal and those from less privilege homes take the worse share of it.

You don't know what the fxxck life is until you left your parents at teenage age, we ain't there yet but we will fight poverty with the last drop of our blood.
For those who got parental/relatives support and are still eating from their parents... You don't know y'all are lucky bastxxds

285 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by brosom(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2021
Hmm mhen.!!

I lick the only remaining 3 cubes of sugar, ate 50# grandnut 3 times a day.

Make I stop here, not a good memory.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Godada(m): 8:42am On Sep 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read tales

Do you have a big ass bunny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by helinues: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2021
Offpoint1:
Ate eba with palm oil and salt...
Ate fufu with leftover indomie water
Ate raw rice with my neigbour's sew aroma
Trek from Oda Town in Akure to Futa to borrow N500

Hahahaha... Why now

grin cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Offpoint1: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2021
helinues:

Hahahaha... Why now

grin cheesy
The hunger was at the stage of uiqwyfbowv oiuhfkeylbyffaskf I had to do what I had to do not to meet with my ancestors at all cost.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2021
nothing and nay that kind of hunger continue to AVOID ME

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2021
Here to read both lies and truth ..

9 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by jieta: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2021
Ahmback:
Back then in Sec Sch.... niggas in the dormitory would use toothpaste to eat bread.

Here in Uni,,,, i don dey hungry for two good days surviving only on water... on the third day a good Samaritan gave me 2k to buy food saying I was "flying" while walking

Aside hunger stuff,,, i got lots of story to tell base on hostel life
Lol, how can somebody who is hungry be fly walking.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ahmback(m): 11:19am On Sep 30, 2021
jieta:
Lol, how can somebody who is hungry be fly walking.
like...... I was very light (lost weight)...
I didn't have stamina again on ground, was just walking zigzag

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Debauhaus1990(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2021
I didn't eat for a whole day, the following morning I became unstable, shaky, hungry all was happening at once. I just took palm oil mixed it with salt and just drank it. I wasn't satiated yet, I had to eat the kponmo my brother soaked overnight because I would have died if I didn't eat it.
Btw, hunger is the only thing that can humble anybody.

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Goldenheart(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2021
grin
it's not a good thing

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Ethannathan(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2021
Ok
Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by saddler: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2021
undecided

Mix cooked rice and stew with raw garri ...

It was delicious and now i crave it even when i have other foods to eat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by Shellsploit: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2021
I ate a whole guava tree until the tree was naked...

Date: 18-08-2021

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What's The Weirdest Thing Hunger Made You Do? by dynicks(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2021
grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians / My Posh Food Thread ❤ / Shocking Price Of Groundnut In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.