Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion (81976 Views)

Ugochukwu Okpani Allegedly Committed Suicide By Ijeoma Chinonyerem (Photos) / Lady Attempts Commiting Suicide By Jumping Into The River In Lagos (video) / Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by simfrost90210: 11:43am On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
Money gives joy but doesn't buy happiness.... tongue
sad actually, the reverse is the case., money gives happiness but cannot buy Joy coz it's divine and can only be obtained from GOD through fellowship with and prayers to HIM
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by bookadeal: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2020
Nchenches:

Mental problems not detected earlier before the worst happened.

Quite plausible
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by wink2015(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2020
Newlywed BP vice president, 61, hanged himself at his £2million home a week after being made redundant, inquest hears

-Nick Spencer, 61, was found dead at his £2million home in Buckinghamshire
-He spent a decade working for the oil giant BP when he was forced to leave
-The father-of-two became depressed and worried about finances, his wife said
-Sitting at Beaconsfield, a Buckinghamshire coroner recorded verdict of suicide

The vice president of British Petroleum hanged himself at his £2million home a week after he was made redundant, a coroner heard today.

Newly-married Nick Spencer, 61, was found dead at his luxury home where he lived with his wife Eve in Buckinghamshire in April.

His inquest heard he spent a decade working for the oil giant BP when he was forced to leave the firm on March 31 this year.

After he was told of the redundancy the successful father-of-two became depressed and worried about managing his finances, Eve told the coroner.

In a statement she said: 'Since he was made redundant he had been depressed.

'He had been looking for a new job and I felt he seemed positive but there was an oil crisis because of Covid-19 and he was worried about remortgaging the house and the finances.

'In the period leading up to his death, he seemed a bit more down and it was the 12th anniversary of a family bereavement.

'On the evening before his death, we watched the news and went to bed. We talked about TV and he came to bed at 2am which was unusually late.

'At 6.40am on April 7 he got up. He was normally an early riser and I went back to sleep. I later went into the study and saw the letters he had written. I opened the one addressed to me and called the police, I was very worried.'

The first police officer to arrive at the home in Beaconsfield, Bucks., discovered Mr Spencer hanged in the house's garage. Eve identified the body as her husband at 10.30am.

Pathologist Dr Steven Corrigan confirmed the cause of death as hanging.

After graduating from Harvard Business School in 1999, Mr Spencer became a general manager at European Refining, directing three refineries across Europe.

He went on to work at ConocoPhillips for the next seven years, tasked with establishing the business in the MENA region.

In October 2009, he joined British Petroleum (BP) as a business unit leader working for the next five years at the largest refinery in the US.

Following his huge success, he was selected as Vice President of Global Refining in November 2014 where he led 7,500 employees with a gross margin of $6 billion.

He stayed in this position until he was made redundant in March this year.

In a report to the inquest a psychiatrist confirmed seeing Mr Spencer on January 18 where he referenced his employment coming to an end, stated he had had suicidal thoughts for a while and even had a specific plan in mind.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8790419/amp/BP-vice-president-61-hanged-2million-home-inquest-hears.html

This is disturbing!

With all this luxury surrounding him in a first world country.

Beautiful house in a country where law work.

He still went and did the awful.

SOME HAVE SHOES BUT NO LEG.

SOME HAVE LEG BUT NO SHOES.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by bookadeal: 11:47am On Oct 01, 2020
INCONCLUSIVE SUICIDE
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Mattressdoctor: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2020
bookadeal:

Do you have recommendation for drivers that spend long hours in traffic?

Yes, not all mattress are ideal for you.
Check my signature.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ibedun: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2020
blingxx:

Baba I rather cry in my Gwagon sipping my Hennessy than crying while soaking garri in the village angry fvck poverty and fvck anyone that says something different cheesy

Well, true but it shows you haven’t seen wealth before! Cry is cry, wealth or poverty makes no difference at that moment.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2020
Zetty177x:
That's why sometimes,it's good to have humble beginnings and suffer wella. If he had gone to Ekpoma university, or Ida Poly and jumped snakes while going to read at night. Or spent most of his life without seeing electricity and drinking impure water, before he had his breakthrough, he would have valued life..

R I P ..but depression is real sha
You people don't know that it those rich people that have problem most
Let bezoz wake up one morning and all his money is gone he will do the exact thing this man did
We just view them that their very rich some of them have problem that even an average human being don't have .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ibedun: 11:56am On Oct 01, 2020
wallrichy:
This man just made me to reminisce about a typical and favoured Nigerian man who has worked in a very juicy industry as oil and gas for several years, even up to the level of British Petroleum Vice President and still committed suicide cos of redundancy and financial issues, hey guys, if he was a Nigerian, he would have stolen or rather amass billions of dollars and lots of property for himself and aspiring to be a senator or president of the country at the moment so as to insure his stolen wealth and to also steal the more. Nigerian man no go carry last at all..... fantastically corrupt Nigerian Politicians and favoured idiots that found themselves at leadership podiums. Sad Day Independence to all of us.....our struggle continues....enslavement in our own country.....we need to emancipate ourselves from mental, social and economic slavery been served us by few idiots who knows nothing but to steal, lies and kill.....Time is tickling....0,1,2,3**********☺️

Sorry man, the masses are worse than the politicians. Afterall the politicians are not aliens, they are a sample of the population so they display the thieving, stealing, cheating, lying orientation of the population!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ibedun: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:
He's likely an atheist, na their way.

And una way na Poverty capital and daily inhuman economic hardship, bad environment and hunger.....,,that’s what you get for all your prayers and empty delusional blessings from God!!!!
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ibedun: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
eejo:
This write up is correct and I refused to fall into the trap. Am building my House in Abuja rather than paying 15 to 20years loan for a house Abroad.

I have paid 20 years (5 years to go) and still managed to build big houses in Lagos and Abuja! Each to his own!

Plus the UK house is paying for itself!
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by charlesm91(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:
it’s the other way round. Happiness, not joy.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Origin(f): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
The human mind can be a terrible thing atimes.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ednut1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
Nawa
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by K9blunt(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2020
johhhnn:

Poverty doesn't buy happiness either! No dy use all these stupid quote motivate yourself

Thank you! ��
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ACE1010: 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:

Money give happiness and not joy bro
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Kessythegeek(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2020
Makes me remember the quote: “If you think money is everything — why do millionaires commit suicide. ”

Jesus is the way.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ACE1010: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2020
johhhnn:

Poverty doesn't buy happiness either! No dy use all these stupid quote motivate yourself

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by PenSniper: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2020
SAMBARRY:
shocked

Where are the vanity Crew?

At least if you were tired of life or your money,you for ask me for my account details and transferred your money to my account.kilo wanbe tiotibe Kuro? Mati send e siena undecided

Okan para e danu undecided

Oo sirious o. Ti o ba send e sie ko wa gbo pe a pokunso, se waa no owo na sha ?
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by themanderon: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
The world is such a funny place. Millions would kill to be in his position and here he is killing himself. This life is such a joke.
Like someone said and I quote "A big man with a big problem, a small man with a small problem".
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Timetravel88: 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
At 61 and worked for a giant oil corporation for 10 years. Couldn't he have invested wisely most of his earnings for a smooth retirement?
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by 2016v2017: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
AceRoyal:

gives happiness. not joy
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Warlord2014(m): 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Now you see why Dangote still dey find money...to avoid stories like this.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by ChiefSweetus: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Openbusiness:
Are we just going to pretend that he survived 60 years of living alone but died just after 1 year living with a woman? They should investigate the wife thoroughly. Many landlords in Lagos are women, because their husbands have died and some of those deaths are questionable. May God continue to protect husbands oh. Because of money, because they want to inherit his wealth, they have hanged this one now and made it look like suicide.
At first I was like grin
But I thought about it and I’m like angry He right tho
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by MarthaGlobal: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2020
Salary Work is one of the worst scam in life.. Despite how long he worked he was still depressed after stay back letter.

Invest and inves while you are working. Don't have mentality of caged man it kills ...

RIP man.
Nawaao:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8790419/amp/BP-vice-president-61-hanged-2million-home-inquest-hears.html
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Chigo247(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2020
Rip
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by SAMBARRY: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
PenSniper:

Oo sirious o. Ti o ba send e sie ko wa gbo pe a pokunso, se waa no owo na sha ?
kilowammbe.ninalowo ooo and then alaye lo'n nawo now cool

Makoko de Sheraton kalo lodge sibe for one month kintie change environment,kinlo on a boat cruise

Motie rantipe Mori yatch Toh bad't gan Lori Instagram.matunlorayen.tinba tiratan kin wa GBA Eni tomamawa yatch Yen kin cruise,kanwabami supply henessy tutu,harp tutu,dobu tiri tutu (33),emu tutu,baba Dudu (small stout pelu orisirisi ice cubes of various colours),asun,suya, pepper soup, Buffett kotolo,kinwa PE D'banj (one of my favourite artist ati timaya, Nairamarley pelu flavour nabaniya.mo like the way tiyen ma'n wine waist e wink grin) kanwa shey live performance funmi ninu yatch cruise mi.ko tansibe o,Kan bami gbe male strippers wa ati rothmans ati aphrodisiac s.thats all.aye ole cool

Taba ti cruise tan kinlo si Spa Kan massage eyin mi ati waist mi.o necessary gan.while tan bami massage eyin mi ki badoo (Olamide) ,Phyno ati tubaba wink makanrin funmi while a.c fesimi lopolo cool

Shotie ri tubaba Yen ,iyen ma need lati kanrin funmi specially because Erin e lasan (his smile) o ma'n yimi lori. wink grin

OGA,o Dudu,o singbole,o slim o de handsome tongue cool

Mo sure pebi abe Ena sema handsome niyen cool
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by descarado: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2020
eejo:
This write up is correct and I refused to fall into the trap. Am building my House in Abuja rather than paying 15 to 20years loan for a house Abroad.
You can buy a house if you don't want to retire in Nigeria in other countries upfront.

I simply hate credit.
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by blacknp(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2020
Zetty177x:
That's why sometimes,it's good to have humble beginnings and suffer wella. If he had gone to Ekpoma university, or Ida Poly and jumped snakes while going to read at night. Or spent most of his life without seeing electricity and drinking impure water, before he had his breakthrough, he would have valued life..

R I P ..but depression is real sha
True talk, I know some Ipob youths will still try & blame President Buhari for his suicide.

1 Like

Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by Yankee101: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
Oil and gas Jobs are going

Disney is sacking 28,000

Airlines want to sack after today if no stumulus
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by fabienjoe: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
loneprof:
Sometimes some of these "suicides" are just well disguised professional murders...

Professional assassins will cover any up their tracks to discourage police investigation and the easiest way is to set up a fake suicide.

RIP to the man.

True but trust the police in the western world. Their investigations are usually thorough. They are fully aware of such scams..Yes, with his employment history, he most likely had taken out a generous life insurance..but having seen a psychiatrist relatively recently and admitting to suicidal thoughts suggests suicide is the likely cause of death...
Re: Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion by planetx: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Openbusiness:
Are we just going to pretend that he survived 60 years of living alone but died just after 1 year living with a woman? They should investigate the wife thoroughly. Many landlords in Lagos are women, because their husbands have died and some of those deaths are questionable. May God continue to protect husbands oh. Because of money, because they want to inherit his wealth, they have hanged this one now and made it look like suicide.
How did you know he lived alone for 60 years? It said in the story he was a father of two, so probably a divorcee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lovers Found Dead After Using Sex Enhancing Drug / Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) / Hilarious Face Masks Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.