Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Life - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life (4734 Views)

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! / I Don't Understand This Kind Of Admission (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life by enchy: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2020
Re: Life by franklingud(m): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
NEVER GIVE UP
Re: Life by Thecreatorx: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

I've created a lot of thread amassing a lot of participation ,my older account has over 2000 likes and as you can see I'm soliciting for help.
I'm just ashamed and wouldn't want to use my old account.

I have been on this forum for close to 4 years
But I spent 2 years as a guest before registering in 2018
2k likes means you're an active NL user, why don't you monetize your nairaland usage just the way bloggers and ebook sellers do?
Thing is, you're used to the traditional pattern of "getting a job" do any other means of making money for you is abnormal.
Re: Life by broom26955: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thecreatorx:

2k likes means you're an active NL user, why don't you monetize your nairaland usage just the way bloggers and ebook sellers do?
Thing is, you're used to the traditional pattern of "getting a job" do any other means of making money for you is abnormal.
No it is not.
As far as it is paying and legit I'm all in.

Do you have idea on how I can go about that?
Re: Life by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

Do you have any idea on how the "writing career" , thank you so much

Yes, to an extent. It's not gona be a quick fix to the problem though as a nice career in writing often takes much of ones time. But you can just start developing it, reading more and writing more. You can nonetheless find more about "writing" via internet or YouTube also.
Re: Life by Coldie(m): 2:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
Relocate to abuja, karimo to be precise. That's the most hustling place I have ever set my eyes on
Re: Life by jaszplus12(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
OP, I'm happy that at this age you're assessing yourself and weighing your options for the future. It's really good.
Now here's my suggestion: carefully look for a mentor, someone who can guide you in almost all ramifications... make sure he's not a person who is more interested in using you like a servant but one who respects your instincts and prospects. Let him motivate you for a short while... during that period, try to find your passion, then follow it.
It might not be smooth as i put it...but eventually it will be worth it.
Best wishes.
Re: Life by broom26955: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
Jaydchukwuemeka:

Yes, to an extent. It's not gona be a quick fix to the problem though as a nice career in writing often takes much of ones time. But you can just start developing it, reading more and writing more. You can nonetheless find more about "writing" via internet or YouTube also.
Okay , thanks
Re: Life by Thecreatorx: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

No it is not.
As far as it is paying and legit I'm all in.

Do you have idea on how I can go about that?
Open an account on Fiverr, there are many tutorials on NL on how to be successful on Fiverr, search these usernames I noticed them.
Beatzone
Mrphysics
Ahumanbeing
Smelysperm

2. Search for "Yahoo small business", it's part of Yahoo mail services, they'll give you a domain name for free, for a year.
Use the domain name and set up a blog on .com, write unique 20 contents and then apply for Google AdSense, work on SEO and earn money through traffic.

1 Like

Re: Life by nnamdizen(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
This generation self, what has a 22 year old seen to be thinking in this manner. Oga if you not deficient physically or mentally and you can't use your brain to think and your hands to hustle, at least know you are 100% responsible for your own life na
Re: Life by ambitiouschap17: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Bro I sincerely wish you well, God will give your Mom good health.

See you already have a skill, which is writing follow this nairaland moniker ilegen .dd check some of his threads not the one about him cooking and other stuff.

The one about kdp, kdp is Amazon platform where you earn publishing ebook.

Though it will take time but in the long run you will be glad you did, you can register on fiverr or upwork to do a freelance job.

God Be with you
Re: Life by broom26955: 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thecreatorx:

Open an account on Fiverr, there are many tutorials on NL on how to be successful on Fiverr, search these usernames I noticed them.
Beatzone
Mrphysics
Ahumanbeing
Smelysperm

2. Search for "Yahoo small business", it's part of Yahoo mail services, they'll give you a domain name for free, for a year.
Use the domain name and set up a blog on .com, write unique 20 contents and then apply for Google AdSense, work on SEO and earn money through traffic.

I really love this, thank you so much
Re: Life by broom26955: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
nnamdizen:
This generation self, what has a 22 year old seen to be thinking in this manner. Oga if you not deficient physically or mentally and you can't use your brain to think and your hands to hustle, at least know you are 100% responsible for your own life na
I can work, all I'm asking for is how to go about it in that it won't affect my education
Re: Life by broom26955: 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
ambitiouschap17:
Bro I sincerely wish you well, God will give your Mom good health.

See you already have a skill, which is writing follow this nairaland moniker ilegen .dd check some of his threads not the one about him cooking and other stuff.

The one about kdp, kdp is Amazon platform where you earn publishing ebook.

Though it will take time but in the long run you will be glad you did, you can register on fiverr or upwork to do a freelance job.

God Be with you
Thank you sir
Re: Life by Richiez(m): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Life by abumeinben(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Bros I dey feel you. Forget age abeg. Some married men with kids still dey one room apartment. Dem nor die. Know this: you're your own competition. Means you're not competing with any baga. You compete with yourself for a better tomorrow. Dig?

Now, as for clothes, Baba read your book. Forget am...dem go call you names. Nor let am freak you. Na you know where you dey come from and na you know where you dey go. Read your book. If you Sabi book, do tutorials, do assignment for your classmates. Assist classrep with photocopy of materials. Nor miss class for anything. Make sure say na your note complete pass. If them wan make photocopy, do for them. Nor beg for money or food. Work for it and you nor go regret am. Nor gamble o. If you Sabi do correct Indomie, run small spot at 9pm when babes, especially, dey go night class.

You still fit learn barbing of hair o. Stay hostel and barb hair from room to room.

Wetin I dey yarn? Humble today, proud tomorrow. When you leave school, all go be story. All of us grads get stories....but hey, na stories them be now.

Las las, God nor go shame us. Na my cup of garri ah giyu so.

2 Likes

Re: Life by Thecreatorx: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

I really love this, thank you so much
I made it sound easy, but guy nothing is Easy.
Just be perseverant.
Re: Life by Pancakeey(f): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
Honestly, I understand you. I won’t say I’ve entirely been in your position, but I know how it feels to be pressured, how it feels to want to make some money, to be independent. Trust me I do.

I won’t say I’ve gotten around the situation. There were times I wanted to die, to end the misery but I couldn’t because I had a family I wanted to make proud.

First thing love yourself. When you start getting worked up about the situation of things it’s because you lack self assurance. That everything would be fine.

Trust be everything would be fine in the end, and if it’s not fine. Then it’s not the end.

Learn a skill, get busy even if what you’d earn might be chicken feed. Still do it.

And as for your mum, I pray she gets better. But at the moment, you have to be strong.

I’m a writer too and we can link up so if I get any writing gigs I can let you know.

3 Likes

Re: Life by Pancakeey(f): 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
nnamdizen:
It’s not about the age, plus the situation of Nigeria just makes an average youth bother about their future. And a 22 years old doesn’t have to see things before he’s depressed or sad.

Some people have been struggling since primary school and it gets harder by the day.

1 Like

Re: Life by majamajic(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
BLUELemon:
ABIODUN ONYEKA Campbell

aka babyblimz aka a graciousloveth aka campbell118

that boy deserves to be picked up by EFCC ICPC and FBI

ONYKA , not ONYEKA
Re: Life by nnamdizen(m): 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Pancakeey:
It’s not about the age, plus the situation of Nigeria just makes an average youth bother about their future. And a 22 years old doesn’t have to see things before he’s depressed or sad.

Some people have been struggling since primary school and it gets harder by the day.
Am not disputing the fact that we are in times of uncertainty, but a 22 year old shouldn't be under undue pressure to figure out his life, no one at that age can! He should understand life itself is a process, and whatever you put into it you get in return.
I will personally advise you put school on hold for the mean time if you can and try acquiring some skills to help raise funds, and read books to build yourself. God bless you
Re: Life by Pancakeey(f): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
nnamdizen:
Am not disputing the fact that we are in times of uncertainty, but a 22 year old shouldn't be under undue pressure to figure out his life, no one at that age can! He should understand life itself is a process, and whatever you put into it you get in return.
I will personally advise you put school on hold for the mean time if you can and try acquiring some skills to help raise funds, and read books to build yourself. God bless you
yeah I understand you.
Re: Life by broom26955: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
Pancakeey:
Honestly, I understand you. I won’t say I’ve entirely been in your position, but I know how it feels to be pressured, how it feels to want to make some money, to be independent. Trust me I do.

I won’t say I’ve gotten around the situation. There were times I wanted to die, to end the misery but I couldn’t because I had a family I wanted to make proud.

First thing love yourself. When you start getting worked up about the situation of things it’s because you lack self assurance. That everything would be fine.

Trust be everything would be fine in the end, and if it’s not fine. Then it’s not the end.

Learn a skill, get busy even if what you’d earn might be chicken feed. Still do it.

And as for your mum, I pray she gets better. But at the moment, you have to be strong.

I’m a writer too and we can link up so if I get any writing gigs I can let you know.
Yes I would really love that , can I send you a pm?
Re: Life by Gilbertkwabena(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
My answer is simple... Life is driving you somewhere nd all you're facing isn't problems unless u make it so urself... they're just developments u should work on.

Face real life nd forget what u see in books... I can't tell u what real life is all about here cuz its not meant to be tot in public so that's why many gives unrealistic or poor man's advice every time.

Have been in ur situation before so I can understand u well well.

One last advice, learn everything u want to do before doing it... know d in's nd d out's b4 setting in... example is Gambling, I c ppl telling u not to nd so on.... dis is wat I was saying..... they're only saying things in some book nd not real life, ppl has made millions out of it nd still making it nd ppl also have lost their fortune to it... that's why I said study whatever u want b4 choosing it.

You want money? Study money first, forget about ur frnds nd other making it before u... focus on learning about money first... in fact don't make it until u understand it nd do so with anything nd everything u want to do. Best of luck, thats my own take.
Re: Life by KNOWMORE56: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2020
This guy needs money, food, clothes and etc...

But people are saying "be strong, be strong..."

What are you giving him to be strong with?

1 Like

Re: Life by KNOWMORE56: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
Jaycobbs:
You said you don't understand but you seem to have given a very good explanation.

Try your hand at writing and publishing. It's a good way to make a passive income, and it seems you have writing skills that can be honed.

You need money to make money. How much do you have currently that you're willing to invest in your future? Find someone doing well and approach them to mentor you. No man can make it alone, and you're better off having someone there to guide you.

grin grin grin

Or you can beg for help on Nairaland. I heard some people are making fifty to hundred gees, tax-free, from begging.

Good luck.

You are a wise man.
Re: Life by Zipopo(m): 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE WEALTH
Be a financial leader today

Just imagine yourself building millions every year without having to work!
Come and discover the way to which Oxford Agroplus is making Nigerians to be millionaires every year.

Oxford Agroplus plus is a Ginger and pepper farm land (located in ogun state) that has being put up for investment by Oxford Group Nigeria, in order to increase wealth for Nigerians.

You can partake in this mouth watering investment plan with a minimum investment of #500,000 naira and above to get started.

Oxford Agroplus offers;
1) 10% ROI (return on investment) after 5 months
2) 30% ROI (return on investment) after 8 months
3) 40% ROI (return on investment) after 10 months
4) 45% ROI (return on investment) after 12 months
5) 55% ROI (return on investment) after 14 months

Make a smart choice to invest today and build a better future for you and your family.

Check out our official website:
www.oxfordgroupafrica.com
And our subsidiary~oxfordcityprestige

Your Ginger farm investment is insured by the National Association of Insurance commission (NAIC) and your pepper farm investment is insured by Leadway Assurance.

For further information and enquires, click the link below to send me a direct WhatsApp message: https:///2348029065835

Call or message: 08029065835

Re: Life by broom26955: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Gilbertkwabena:
My answer is simple... Life is driving you somewhere nd all you're facing isn't problems unless u make it so urself... they're just developments u should work on.

Face real life nd forget what u see in books... I can't tell u what real life is all about here cuz its not meant to be tot in public so that's why many gives unrealistic or poor man's advice every time.

Have been in ur situation before so I can understand u well well.

One last advice, learn everything u want to do before doing it... know d in's nd d out's b4 setting in... example is Gambling, I c ppl telling u not to nd so on.... dis is wat I was saying..... they're only saying things in some book nd not real life, ppl has made millions out of it nd still making it nd ppl also have lost their fortune to it... that's why I said study whatever u want b4 choosing it.

You want money? Study money first, forget about ur frnds nd other making it before u... focus on learning about money first... in fact don't make it until u understand it nd do so with anything nd everything u want to do. Best of luck, thats my own take.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Life by franchasng: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:
Pease bear with me because this is going to be a long write up but, i will try to keep it short and simple. I had to create this account this morning because I'm quite popular on my previous account .

I'm a guy , I'm in my very early twenties . Let me cut to the chase ,it's just that I don't know what is wrong with me ,at my age I don't even have a clear picture of what the future holds because to be honest it's getting blurry by the day .

I don't know where to begin the narration of what I'm going through , imagine at my age I've never made #10,000 cash in my life , I had admission same year I graduated from high school. Life has been not but tough and rough ever since I gained admission. I've managing a single leather since now it's even old and weary , my trousers are not even up to two ,the on I can call second one is getting old. This is really affecting my grades because it's always difficult going to class week in and out such little resources.

In march when the government announced that every student should go back home , I was literally one of the happiest student as I already had a plan of getting a job to get myself some money to buy me some clothes and other resources I need.
On getting home I had a big disruption in my plans , My mom fell sick and I have been the one managing her business with the help of a sibling ,my plan of getting a job was thrown away , I'm even still at the hospital by her bedside ,yes we've been at this since march Though we got to the hospital in august

. I have tried every other means to get something doing after helping with the business, at least something that won't take my time but all to no avail.

I'm even still at the hospital by her bedside .

I fell a victim to a scam this year in January by a lady who went by the moniker BABYBLIMZ , she said she was willing to give me a laptop and I had to transfer some money to her for delivery fee then she blocked me , my desperation had the best of me .
I even thought about gambling but I'm afraid it's addictive . I've been tied down throughout the lockdown and now that we are resuming a week from now my thoughts and fear is growing worse by the day . I swear I'm losing it .

All am soliciting for from the people of nairaland is help from you guys.

And I know there are some people who have been in this situation and have managed to come out victorious ,your advice will go a very long way.

I really need help guys.

I know you guys might have some questions ,I'll gladly reply all your mentions . Thanks and may God bless you

Cc Mynd44
Cc Lalasticlala

Please help me ..

PS: I can write articles, so I can work as a freelancer if you have any Gig for me
Send me a PM with your name, phone number and address you can receive something. I will send you some shoes, sneakers, and anything I can lay my hands on. You must PM me with this your user name, no other person should PM me plz.

I am doing whatever little I wish to do for him out of pity because I was touched by his words. But take it from me, your tomorrow will be greater than your today. Go and download that song; no matter what I am passing through now, there is one thing I know, which is my tomorrow will be greater than my today.

God of mercy will locate you and put a smile on your face, don't give up.
Re: Life by broom26955: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
franchasng:
Send me a PM with your name, phone number and address you can receive something. I will send you some shoes, sneakers, and anything I can lay my hands on. You must PM me with this your user name, no other person should PM me plz.

I am doing whatever little I wish to do for him out of pity because I was touched by his words. But take it from me, your tomorrow will be greater than your today. Go and download that song; no matter what I am passing through now, there is one thing I know, which is my tomorrow will be greater than my today.

God of mercy will locate you and put a smile on your face, don't give up.

Thank you so much I really appreciate this ,God will bless you .

I've already sent you a pm
Re: Life by franchasng: 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

Thank you so much I really appreciate this ,God will bless you .

I've already sent you a pm
list 10 of your most pressing needs right now in your reply to the PM, indicate your shoe size also.

Thank God for His grace not man. You will shine okay. All man were born into poverty at some point in life, so you are not alone okay. Stay blessed
Re: Life by Pancakeey(f): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
broom26955:

Yes I would really love that , can I send you a pm?
sure. Although i just naira land and I’m still trying to work my way round it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Have You Gained From Nairaland? / Nominate Your Most Ignored Posters Of The Year 2013 / Seun - Please Explain What Exactly Happened? Was Users Personal 'Data' Stolen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.