Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly (57177 Views)

We Can Make Mistakes - Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Lagos Spending / EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col Bello Was Shooting At Lekki - Gen Ndagi / Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by seanwilliam(m): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Donspicey:

just look at ur level of reasoning...had it been i never had encounter or stayed wit som of dos G guys i would also be condenming sars....dos guys re beasts,dey have no atom of conscience...one was even telling me dat if maga no pay bfr dis october dat he will do blood money...dem no get time to hustle legitly...
sars should even continue to kill dem on sight till dey get sense...crime doesnt pay...dey almost made me to be feeling depressed cos of dia oppression...dey dont deserve my sympathy if any tin befalls dem...
Bunch of criminalss
you're hypocrite.. the bolded is your problem.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

People taking up arms is long overdue. Unfortunately our people are so docile. Shame

You're right bro,but I think hunger is addressing the question of that docility now. A hungry man is an angry man remember ? I witnessed a brawl between a young man,an okada rider and an armed mobile policeman at Oke -fia in Osogbo recently. The young man successfully disarmed the policeman and would have shot him dead if not for quick intervention of the people around. I saw an anger clearly driven by hunger in that young man as he kept saying in his native Yoruba " Mi o ti je nkankan lataro,were yi n bami so ase" ! This in English means " I've not eaten anything since morning and this mad man ( the policeman) is telling me rubbish" !

I think Mr Buhari has given Nigerians a potent weapon,hunger ,to be used to overcome their docility and fight for their rights.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by christinme224(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has banned the personnel of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) and other Tactical Squads of the Force from embarking on routine patrols.

This IGP’s ban was contained in a statement issued on Sunday by the Force, Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba.

The statement said the IGP “banned the personnel of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) and other Tactical Squads of the Force including the Special Tactical Squad (STS), Intelligence Response Team (IRT), Anti-Cultism Squad and other Tactical Squads operating at the Federal, Zonal and Command levels, from carrying out routine patrols and other conventional low-risk duties – stop and search duties, checkpoints, mounting of roadblocks, traffic checks, etc – with immediate effect.”

The officers were warned against carrying out stop and search duties, checkpoints, mounting of roadblocks, traffic checks, etc with immediate effect.

According to the Force spokesman, the IGP warned the Tactical Squads against the invasion of the privacy of citizens particularly.

READ ALSO: Again, Nigerians Call For #EndSARS

This, he said, included the “indiscriminate and unauthorized search of mobile phones, laptops and other smart devices,” adding that “they are to concentrate and respond only to cases of armed robbery, kidnapping and other violent crimes when the need arises.”

Mba said the “directives come against the backdrop of findings by the leadership of the Force that a few personnel of the Tactical Squads hide under these guises to perpetrate all forms of illegality, contrary to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Code of Conduct and Rules of Engagement establishing the squads.”

Following the alleged brutality by security operatives in several parts of the country, many Nigerians took to the social media to express their anger over the activities of men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigerian police, calling for the unit to be proscribed.

On Saturday, the #EndSars hashtag was the number one trend on social media app, Twitter for several hours, bringing back to the fore calls for the proper handling of rogue, high-handed police officials.

The outrage appeared to have been triggered by a post from a Twitter user who said he recorded SARS officials shooting “a young boy dead at Ughelli, Delta state . . . in front of Wetland hotels. They left him for dead on the roadside and drove away with the deceased Lexus jeep.”

SEE FULL STATEMENT HERE:

PRESS RELEASE

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu, NPM, mni has banned the personnel of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) and other Tactical Squads of the Force including the Special Tactical Squad (STS), Intelligence Response Team (IRT), Anti-Cultism Squad and other Tactical Squads operating at the Federal, Zonal and Command levels, from carrying out routine patrols and other conventional low-risk duties – stop and search duties, checkpoints, mounting of roadblocks, traffic checks, etc – with immediate effect. In addition, no personnel of the Force is authorized to embark on patrols or tactical assignments in mufti. They must always appear in their police uniforms or approved tactical gear. The IGP’s directives come against the backdrop of findings by the leadership of the Force that a few personnel of the Tactical Squads hide under these guise to perpetrate all forms of illegality, contrary to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Code of Conduct and Rules of Engagement establishing the squads.

Specifically, the IGP has warned the Tactical Squads against the invasion of the privacy of citizens particularly through indiscriminate and unauthorized search of mobile phones, laptops and other smart devices. They are to concentrate and respond only to cases of armed robbery, kidnapping and other violent crimes when the need arises.

The IGP notes that the FSARS and other Police Tactical Squads remain a critical component of the Force in confronting prevailing and emerging violent crimes in the country. He however condemns every act of unprofessionalism, abuse of human rights and high-handedness by some personnel of the Squads. He has therefore ordered the X-Squad and the Monitoring Unit to embark on immediate and massive nationwide monitoring of activities of Tactical Squads and other police officers on the road. They are to ensure prompt arrest, investigation and prosecution of all erring police officers who violate these directives and other extant regulations of the Force.

The IGP has equally warned, that henceforth, the Commissioner of Police in charge of FSARS, Commissioners of Police in charge of State Commands and the FCT as well as their supervisory Zonal Assistant Inspectors General of Police, will be held liable for any misconduct within their Area of Responsibility (AOR). He therefore charged them to ensure effective supervision and mentoring of the personnel of the Tactical Squads under their jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, two operatives of the FSARS and their civilian accomplice operating in Lagos State, INSPR Sale James, INSPR Monday Uchiola and Okechukwu Ogbonna, have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command, for acts of professional misconduct including extortion and intimidation of innocent citizens. The operational vehicle of the men has also been impounded and disciplinary procedure has already commenced against the defaulters.

The IGP reaffirms his commitment to bequeathing to Nigerians, a reformed Police Force that is accountable, responsible and ever ready to defend and uphold the rights of the citizens while discharging its duties of keeping the people safe and secure. He enjoins the citizens not to allow the misconduct by a few personnel of the Force to negatively impact on their belief, confidence and trust in the Police.

DCP FRANK MBA

FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

FORCE HEADQUARTERS

ABUJA

Ignatius Igwe
NEXTNadal Zooms Into 14th Roland Garros Quarter-Final »
PREVIOUS« Chelsea's Bakayoko Undergoes Napoli Medical Before Loan Move

PUBLISHED BY
Ignatius Igwe
TAGS:
Mohammed Adamu Police SARS
1 HOUR AGO
RELATED POST
Police Commission Promotes 175 Senior Officers, Steps Down 112 Others

Police Officer Arrested For Alleged Impersonation In 2020 UTME

Newborn Baby Found In Anambra Gutter After Downpour

RECENT POSTS
World News
New Caledonia Rejects Independence From France
The South Pacific territory of New Caledonia chose to remain French on Sunday, narrowly rejecting independence in a tightly-fought…

1 min ago
Sports
West Ham Ruin Leicester’s Unbeaten Start, Saints Beat West Brom
West Ham shattered Leicester's unbeaten start to the Premier League season with a surprise 3-0 win, while Oriol…

13 mins ago
Sports
Five-Goal Atalanta Crush Cagliari, Juve Vs Napoli Under Coronavirus Cloud
Papu Gomez extended his scoring streak as Atalanta crushed Cagliari 5-2 for a third consecutive win this season, but…

31 mins ago
Sports
Nadal Zooms Into 14th Roland Garros Quarter-Final
Rafael Nadal defeated American qualifier Sebastian Korda 6-1, 6-1, 6-2 to reach the Roland Garros quarter-finals for the 14th…

43 mins ago
Sports
Chelsea’s Bakayoko Undergoes Napoli Medical Before Loan Move
Chelsea's French international midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko arrived in Rome on Sunday for a medical ahead of a loan move…

2 hours ago
Local
Newborn Baby Found In Anambra Gutter After Downpour
A day-old baby has been found in a gutter in Awka, the Anambra State capital. The baby who was…

2 hours ago
Copyright © 2019 Channels Incorporated Limited. All rights reserved.View Non-AMP Version
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by fredylee: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Mr. Governor, thanks for good work so far, but kindly light up Lagos streets at night. The famous Allen, Toyin and others streets in the capital are pitch-dark at night, presenting covers for criminality.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Bakin3(m): 3:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
We construct Bio Digester(Modern Sockaway)
It's an improved technology in the treatment and management of human waste and wastewater. This system effectively takes away all challenges that are associated with the conventional form of waste management.
Once you have it in place,
✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,
✔it doesn't smell
✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,
✔just a small space is needed for it,
✔it's eco-friendly
✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater
Check my signature.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Jeamillz2020(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Wel done actor of the year. I will act
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Happyfela(m): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
You can kill too. ARINDIN
Donspicey:

just look at ur level of reasoning...had it been i never had encounter or stayed wit som of dos G guys i would also be condenming sars....dos guys re beasts,dey have no atom of conscience...one was even telling me dat if maga no pay bfr dis october dat he will do blood money...dem no get time to hustle legitly...
sars should even continue to kill dem on sight till dey get sense...crime doesnt pay...dey almost made me to be feeling depressed cos of dia oppression...dey dont deserve my sympathy if any tin befalls dem...
Bunch of criminalss
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by chiedonedoor(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Na now.
1 Corinthians 6:9. KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. Christ is coming soon.
Repent to avoid HELL
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Donspicey: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
Happyfela:
You can kill too. ARINDIN
hmmm...my broda we are not Ending sars.. if u re among dem beta change ur ways cos las las hand go get u...
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
bhella10:
My thought exactly. Imagine the rip off in the transport sector. He made life hard for Lagos commuters. He's very insensitive to masses plight.

That man isn't in touch with reality at all. He is busy pleasing Tinubu and his political allies.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Donspicey: 4:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
seanwilliam:
you're hypocrite.. the bolded is your problem.
lols dey cant oppress me bro cos i got my chedda to spend...
if u re among dem beta go find legit hustle cos d end no dey funny
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Happyfela(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Don, u no wise.
Donspicey:

hmmm...my broda we are not Ending sars..
if u re among dem beta change ur ways cos las las hand go get u...
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by bhella10: 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2020
loneprof:

That man isn't in touch with reality at all. He is busy pleasing Tinubu and his political allies.
I don't agree with you that he's pleasing anyone but himself. The Tinubu I know would not personally increase transport fare by 300%.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Egoveen: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
wayne4loan:
may ur life be long!
and you too.....always be the ultimate man with Gulder ultimate,the honey beer.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by 989900: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
Belial06:
[s][/s]

[s]Thief

Yahoo bastard

Thief

You will die a dog's death [/s]

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
bhella10:
I don't agree with you that he's pleasing anyone but himself. The Tinubu I know would not personally increase transport fare by 300%.

Which Tinubu do you know? The same Tinubu that turned Lagos to an Agbero hotspot?
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Waterbear(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
God Bless Nigeria...

Please check my signature below

Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by bhella10: 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
[quote author=loneprof post=94603199]
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
bhella10

I'm not usually this aggressive in response, but you should never prioritise a politician's image over people's lives.

People are dying but you're trying to vindicate Tinubu. Even if he's your father, you should learn how to be sensitive.

That said, I apologize for the unnecessary aggressiveness and use of wrong words.

PS: @bhella I have edited my post, kindly follow suit. Thanks.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Rawhumper(m): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
Thanks bro, but its the bitter truth.
Its high time, people start been organized and more proactive.

Please trace my previous comment, there is a thread i need an advice, i did love you to give me a piece of it.

Jaqenhghar:

Well said. I couldnt have said it any better.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by nitlow(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
e don call buari to order his boy igp. but I pray they enforce it.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by Earnonline7: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Good
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by stacyadams: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
27Pushing30:

Oga which illegal extortion? How many people ready go their office.

I’ve seen LASTMA especially in action MANY TIMES and 9/10 they only extort those who flout the rules and DO NOT want to follow them to office lol

Dunno about VIO sha never had encounter with them.

[center][/center] grin ;lol...u no know those lastma crooks
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by stacyadams: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
bhella10:
My thought exactly. Imagine the rip off in the transport sector. He made life hard for Lagos commuters. He's very insensitive to masses plight.
grin grin

People say he is doing well grin grin
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by bhella10: 6:30am On Oct 05, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin

People say he is doing well grin grin
He's a failure.
Re: EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Reacts, Vows To Act Swiftly by joyandfaith: 7:56am On Oct 05, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

You're right bro,but I think hunger is addressing the question of that docility now. A hungry man is an angry man remember ? I witnessed a brawl between a young man,an okada rider and an armed mobile policeman at Oke -fia in Osogbo recently. The young man successfully disarmed the policeman and would have shot him dead if not for quick intervention of the people around. I saw an anger clearly driven by hunger in that young man as he kept saying in his native Yoruba " Mi o ti je nkankan lataro,were yi n bami so ase" ! This in English means " I've not eaten anything since morning and this mad man ( the policeman) is telling me rubbish" !

I think Mr Buhari has given Nigerians a potent weapon,hunger ,to be used to overcome their docility and fight for their rights.
ebi oh!!!
hunger is a potent driver of revolution, french revolution a case study!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo: What Caused The Peaceful Outcome Of The Election & Federal Might Absence? / Segun Sowunmi And Rotimi Amaechi Clash At Presidential Debate / Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Encircled And Trapped In His Yokohama Hotel Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.