Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor (2031 Views)

Next Anambra State Governor Must Be An Igala Man!! / Meet Nonye Soludo, The Next Anambra First Lady / Uche Maduagwu For Anambra Governor Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
I have two candidates and I pray you vote wisely. Click 'like' for Dr Godwin Maduka or 'share' for professor chukwuma soludo. Here is Dr Maduka's profile

The story of his life has the makings of a legend or fairy tale… From excruciating poverty to being educated in Harvard as a medical doctor and just in his early 50s doing so much to serve God and humanity. The depth and reach of what Godwin Maduka has achieved, since coming to America in the 80s and qualifying as a Chemist and going on to obtain a Doctorate degree in Pharmacy and a Post Graduate Medical Degree from Harvard, is truly amazing. In about 25 years of practice Dr. Maduka has built five hospitals from the scratch in the Las Vegas Nevada area. His Las Vegas Pain Institute has been rated the top #1 in Pain Management in the U.S. by the health inspection community. Besides his work in Las Vegas, Dr. Maduka has transformed his hometown of Umuchukwu- building over 50 homes for poor kinsmen, building a town hall a magistrate court, a post office,, a police station, a police barracks, the divisional headquarters of the State anti Robbery Squad (SARS), a catholic church, a home for the catholic priests and reverend sisters, a monastery and presently constructing a 15 storey building that he wants to convert into a college of medical sciences.
He has also awarded full scholarships to hundreds of needy students in his town and all over Eastern Nigeria and donated a lot of money to help several communities around Nigeria. He has given away a lot money in free grants in micro finance schemes to kinsmen to start several businesses…

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Here is Professor Chukwuma Soludo 's profile

Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo was born on the 28th of July 1960. He hails from Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, Nigeria. On completing his secondary school education, he proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he studied Economics. He graduated with a first-class degree in 1984.

Afterwards, he went on to obtain his Master’s degree (MSc) in Economics in 1987, and a doctorate (PhD) in Economics in 1989, from the same University graduating as the best student on all levels of his study. Charles Soludo is married to Nonye Soludo, and they are blessed with six children.

See Also: Obasanjo – biography, life story and net worth of baba of Africa

Charles Soludo Career
In 1998, Charles Soludo became a professor of economics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, and in 1999, he became a visiting professor at Swarthmore College in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, USA.

Professor Charles Soludo was a lecturer in Oxford, Cambridge, and Warwick University. He lectured on multi-country macro-econometric modelling, techniques of computable general equilibrium modelling, survey methodology, and panel data econometrics, etc. Also, Charles Soludo has authored, co-edited, and co-authored about ten books.

Professor Charles Soludo joined the Nigerian government in 2003 as the Chief Economic Adviser to former President Obasanjo and the Chief Executive Officer of the National Planning Commission of Nigeria.

In May 2004, he became the Chairman of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). Also, he got an appointment from the Nigerian President – Mohammadu Buhari, to be part of the newly formed 8-member Economic Advisory Council (EAC) on the 16th of September 2019

4 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Simplyleo: 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
I prefer either FFK or Ayo Fayose as the next gov of Anambra state. angry

5 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by kettykin: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Soludo for rapid economic development, maduka for leadership and leap forging Anambra state to a 2ist century economic block

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Propsvilla(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Soludo have the structure, support system, the popularity and grass root movement that will make him a very tough Candidate in the election but Maduka from his acheivements in ground would have been the best candidate but he is still a new face in the game and might not even get his party's ticket. Soludo is the next Governor of Anambra I just pray he delivers because as nwanna Mmadu I know him in and out.

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by ThinkSmarter: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
I think a bright Economist is smarter than a medical doctor when it comes to governance.
An Economist knows much like demography/budgetting/planning, agriculture, education, industrialization, urban planning, production, economic forcasting and planning,commerce etc.
I think Dr.Godwin Maduka should engage his people in village democracy in settling the change of his town name from Nkerehi to Umuchukwu.
Charity begins at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Oloripelebe: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
Femi Fani Kayode

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by ledamaster(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
I envy anambara, so much great men to choose from. Maduka should be giving the wheel to stir the state. His standards wont be based on Nigeria standards, but rather that of the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Fabulousl0l(m): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Who's this one nah?
Please shift we are having a family meeting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Udopasa: 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Too early to say.

More persons are still declaring their intentions.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
I prefer Godwin mmaduka

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by IamWonderful: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
Simplyleo:
Or Oluomo

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by bcomputer101: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
Buhari will retire to come and be a Governor in Anambra State
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by kokoA(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
The doctor guy should remain where he is and keep impacting lives positively. He is sophisticated for Nigeria politics, they will rub his hard earned name in mud.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
Dr Godwin maduka built roads, houses, world class research centre for his people. Anyone that knows Soludo personally should hint us on what he did for his people as we all know, charity they say begins at hime

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
kettykin:
Soludo for rapid economic development, maduka for leadership and leap forging Anambra state to a 2ist century economic block
I agree

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Lipscomb(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ffk or nothing.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
Propsvilla:
Soludo have the structure, support system, the popularity and grass root movement that will make him a very tough Candidate in the election but Maduka from his acheivements in ground would have been the best candidate but he is still a new face in the game and might not even get his party's ticket. Soludo is the next Governor of Anambra I just pray he delivers because as nwanna Mmadu I know him in and out.
Okay thanks. Good that you know him. Can you list one or two things he did for his people as this will go a long way on ensuring a massive vote for him. Ndi Anambra don't deal with 'asupiri supiri' or ogologo oyibo, we want to see things with our eyes.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by MrALIVE: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
The man very likely to clinch APGA ticket.

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by MrALIVE: 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
The best man for the job

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by MrALIVE: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
The Next Governor of Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
Biggest medical research centre in Africa by Dr Godwin Maduka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by helinues: 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2020
Mc Oluomo for Anambra state governor

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
Charles Soludo was presented with the international Global banker of the year for transforming Nigeria banks to the extent that international bodies were seeking to borrow loans from Nigeria banks

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by gidgiddy: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2020
Anambrarians are not interested in 'big names', they are only interested in who can bring good governance.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by adadike(f): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
helinues:
Mc Oluomo for Anambra state governor
keep the next Governor of Lagos state to yourself biko. I dont want Tinubu's problem. Its time for my sister to divorce you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
the election is between Prof. Soludo of APGA, Senator ekwunife of PDP and sen. ifeanyi uba of YPP

Dr.maduka is a good man but unfortunately he's politically irrelevant...sen.ekwunife will win the PDP primaries

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
Election is not conducted on nairaland.

When primaries are over, then Inec, security forces and the masses decides the next.

For now all the candidates above are trash.

Let them get the tickets of their respective parties first.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by deboysben(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2020
Emyzoloye5:
the election is between Prof. Soludo of APGA, Senator ekwunife of PDP and sen. ifeanyi uba of YPP

Dr.maduka is a good man but unfortunately he's politically irrelevant...sen.ekwunife will win the PDP primaries
you have said it all case close.
Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by kettykin: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
Soludo Transformed the Banking Industry in Nigeria , created Billionaires in the banking industry brought Nigerian Bankers to the world scene, Soludo is a brilliant chap , Maduka went to a foreign Land with Nothing , conquered the health industry there , repatriated his wealth back home (this is the height of Patriotism) and is still an industry authority home and abroad.

deciding between the 2 is very hard , i think their Manifesto would help. but i think someone who understands micro and macro economics will help pull the billions circulating within Anambra every day , build a 24 hour economy , turn Anambra from a trade dominated economy to a Manufacturing economy .
Maduka has seen it from a first class view point of how to do business in a big way in united states with little or nothing he started a very big multi million health centre in the heart of USA , but this is not enough to transform a very complex state like Anambra, Anambra is more difficult to govern than most states in Nigeria. Can Maduka cope with the Nigerian Factor when it comes , Soludo has seen Government politics and intrigues and still survived bizzare Nigerian politics , can Maduka survive the haters of igbos when they come with their antics?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Prefer To Be The Next Anambra Governor by Propsvilla(m): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Emyzoloye5:

Never say never, Maduka might be new in the game but have what it takes to pull a surprise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophecy:Bokoharam Would Overrun Maiduguri And Nigeria / Attack On Igbos By Nigerian Pastors Confirms That Biafra Is Close ~pictures / States That Will Deliver Bloc Votes In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.