Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

The Usher By Rapmike - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Usher By Rapmike (11719 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
The unknown Island.

09:00am

Zero entered the Island an hour ago and had requested to see Colonel Mohammed. He was successful, but the voices still lingered in his head.

"DON'T ALLOW HIM TO GET HOLD OF THE HORN! YOU MUST LEAVE HERE NOW!"

Nothing had prepared him for the hallucinations that occurred after he acquired the Horn. Even Al-Azim was surprised about the voices and his dreams.

"You really loved your friend, didn't you?" He asked, his face carving an empathic look. "You know I doubted your love for him and your resolve. Tell me, how did he die?"

Zero told him everything, his head replaying One jumping into the lava.

"Take this." He was given a blue liquid. "It will dull the pain and help you sleep better. You need to fulfil your mission. Tell Colonel Mohammed that I send my greetings. We have waited for so long."

"Who are you?"

"I am Al-Azim, your friend. I do know your Colonel, though I doubt he will remember me. My friend, that horn you hold now puts the world on a knife's edge. Quickly get it to Colonel Mohammed and he will know what to do about your dreams."

"You said the drink will....."

"Yes, yes. But it's not permanent, you see. You need to be fixed up and quickly before you run mad!"

That was the words Al-Azim told him and it was so. The dreams did not stop, even happening during the day.

Like now.

"WHY WASN'T HE BROUGHT TO ME IMMEDIATELY!"

He heard Colonel Mohammed sounding someone off. A flurry of feet opened the door.

"Colonel Mohammed will see you immediately!"

He held the Horn and walked straight to the conference room.

Colonel Mohammed stood at the end of it, with two strange men with him.

"Finally you have returned. What about One?"

"He is dead sir. Gone." Zero tried to sound official, but his emotions got the better of him.

"I am sorry about that, Zero. I know how you loved him. Is that the Horn?"

Zero went on one knee and presented the Horn of Distortion to him.

"The Horn of Distortion, such a rare artifact. You have done well for me, Zero! You should be rewarded."

Zero stood up. "Thank you sir."

He whistled."Shame that I have to do this to you."

"What...?" Zero could not asked the question before a punch took the wind off his lungs. His hand were bound quickly.

"What's happening? Colonel, Al-........"

"I am very sorry Zero, but you see, I need one more ingredient for the Horn to work. I need the blood of an Anyanwu. I did hope Ksenga will come with it, but since you have proved effective so quickly, I will have to take yours."

He looked at the two men. "Take him to the Dark Pools. We start tonight!"

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2021
Thanks for the update. Zero is in for a long ride.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 4:09am On Jul 08, 2021
Dragon HQ
08:00pm

"Wake up! Son of Anyawu, Wake up!"
"Betrayal brews her tea, sorcery fills her cup!"
"Darkness is about to cover you in her shroud!"

Francis jumped out of bed, panting.

"What's it?!"

"He asks whats it? The idiot!"
"You are about to be attacked, the moment is upon us!"
"Francis, we have been betrayed."

"Ksenga, is it?"
"Yes, but first we have to attack now. The Lion Core will be here anytime soon and it won't be for pleasantries."

Francis stretched his hand and pressed a red button.

An acolyte soon showed up.

"Call all my captains! Now!"

"To here, sir?"

"No, to the council chambers! Now!"

As the acolyte sped off, Francis wore his battle suit and prepared himself. This will be a long night.

He stormed into the council chambers, meeting Emmanuel and Marcus immediately.

"Where is Ksenga?"

"He seems to be delayed, My Lord."

"There is no time. I saw a vision of darkness and wrath unleashed on this Core and the country. We have to act."

"Act as in how, sir?"

"We are attacking the Lion Core, now!"

"But you said that........"

"There is not time for buts, Captain Emmanuel! Just follow orders!"

"At least may I know why we are attacking them?"

"The Lion Core has........"

A siren shattered the privacy of the council chambers.

A battle siren.

"We are under attack!"

Francie quickly moved out. Time has been lost.

Once out of the council chambers, he saw Ksenga.

"My Lord, I am......"

"No time for this, Ksenga! What's happening?"

"A portal opened from no where, flooding the building with water. We can't reach the armoury to prepare for anything."

"Where is this portal?"

"At the power station."

"AND YOU ARE HERE? DO YOU REALIZE THAT IF THAT IS SHUT DOWN, THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY IN THE CORE?"

Francis jumped out obstacles and acolytes, almost throwing one miles away. He did not need a crisis at the moment.

"There is nothing happening, young Lord!" Onyeka's voice crashed into his mind.

"It's a trick! You are been lied to!"

Francis stopped in his tracks. "You are lying to me. Why?"

Ksenga was shocked. "My Lord, I will never lie to you. The Power station is been fl......"

Francis pushed Ksenga just in time to save him from been hit by a laser. He moved in front and raised his hands, thrusting the assailants out of the way. Two more fighters jumped from behind him, Ksenga knocking one off with a kick and engaging the other in physical combat. Francis turned just in time to catch a flying rocket in the air and explode it, sucking in all the ballistic energy into him.

"How impressive! You are the first Lord who managed to absolve all the energy without been hurt."

"You are the one attacking the Cores?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, you won't be able to stop your Core from falling."

"You don't......" Francis suddenly felt clumsy. What's happening? He felt blood gush out of him and felt his neck. It was bleeding.

He turned to see Ksenga with strange knife, black with scarlet colors on it. He managed to hear one last statement from him before going unconscious

"You came too late, Francis."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by bigbauer(m): 4:54am On Jul 08, 2021
@Rapmike Thanks for the appetizer. You've done well. Hope we'll get an update soon?

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 9:13am On Jul 08, 2021
Nice update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2021
The Unknown Island

07:45pm

Damn! Damn!!

Zero kept swearing as his body hung in the air, supported by two long chains, allowing his blood to drain into the big black earthenware pot. According to Colonel Mohammed, as long as his blood keeps dropping, the Colonel will increase in power.

Tears ran down his cheeks. The barbs in this chain were clinging tighter into his arm, forcing more blood. He was weeping for something else, however. He was weeping for himself, the betrayal and One.

When the Colonel explained his origins and claimed that it was the sole reason he existed in this world, he couldn't believe it. How can the sole reason for his existence be that? Just a pawn?

"Wake up! Wake up son of Anyawu!"

Those voices again.

"Why didn't you tell me everything before now? WHY HAVE YOU BEEN ABSENT ALL MY LIFE? WHY?"

"Because your blood was not yet activated." The voice spoke sadly. "We, the ancestors can't access your mind until your blood has been activated and powered!"

Zero tried to swing himself off the chain. The result was the same as the many other times; he failed to make any progress.

"Don't move too much. Rest and preserve your strength. This is not the end."

"Not the end? How is it not the end? I have been betrayed by the man I fought for to become a Lord, I have lost the man that I love due to the same Lord I served and my life liquid is slipping into that terrible pot. Tell me, how is it not the end?"

"It isn't. Listen."

"Don't try and......"

"Just listen."

Zero opened up his ears. Even though he was in the lowest level of the Island, he could hear noises; the sound of guns and lasers and the shrieks of people dying. Is there a battle above him?

"Eric Issac Anyanwu, Listen. Your time has come. Drop the mantle of Zero and rise as the Knight of Justice that you are meant to be. We have been waiting for this time."

Suddenly the door blewn open, it's pieces littering the whole room.

Some of his men walked in, bewildered.

"Sir?!"

"Commander?"

"Don't gawk at him, find a way to release him!"

Quickly they smashed the pot and then led the chains down, removing the barbs from his arm.

Zero was finally free. As some of his men stitched him up, he saw three men with the Dragon Core sigil with them.

"Who are you?"

"I am Marcus and he is Emmanuel. Our Lord asked us to pick you. We need you, Zero."

He stood up. "I am no longer Zero. I am Eric Issac Anyanwu and I intend to end whatever madness is happening now!"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by cokhale(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2021
rapmike:
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NO PART OF THIS LITERATURE IS ALLOWED TO BE USED, POSTED, DUPLICATED, PLAGIARIZED OR COPIED WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM THE WRITER.

ALL PARTS OF THIS BOOK IS PURELY FICTIONAL AND DO NOT DEPICT ANY REAL LIFE CHARACTER, PLACE OR EVENT.

ALL COMMENTS AND OBSERVATIONS ARE WELCOMED AND YOU CAN ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO SEND AN EMAIL TO ME
ugospur@gmail.com
It is a new story to be published
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by cokhale(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2021
rapmike:
10pm.
SOMEWHERE IN BANANA REPUBLIC
Colonel Mohammed took his cigar and extinguished it. He had seen the summit crash and burn, the major players in Senator Olamilekan and his P. A Mr Stevens Okeleke die, yet he did not have the report he wanted.
Turning his seat from the beautiful view of the ocean, he faced them.
"Tell me, how many years have I used to train you, Zero?"
"Five years my lord."
"Yet you failed me in this simple task."
"My lord, I beg for ........"
Twack!
Zero staggered, reeling from the effect of that slap.
"I don't want apologies. I want results, do you understand?"
"Yes, my lord."
"If i don't get that flash drive within the next three days, your head will be the least of your worries."
"Yes sir. We have tracked the whereabouts of the flash drive. Its with a simple civilian."
"Then why are you here? RETRIEVE THE DAMN FLASH!"
"YES SIR! PERMISSION TO LEAVE, SIR?"
He waved Zero away, facing the ocean.
Nigeria has been in the hands of these civilians for too long. We need to rescue it from them. We must.
He picked his phone, looked at it for a few minutes.
Must I call him? General will only want good news not bad news. But hiding this from him will be terrible.
As if on cue, his phone rang.
He picked it, his face grim.
"What is this that I am hearing, Colonel? You failed me?"
"We recorded some success, Senator Olami...."
"The Senator was a side mission, Colonel. The contents of that flash drive is very important. We must not allow the contents to be exposed to the public!"
"We are on it, General!"
"Then make it happen! If we fail, everything will be lost! My years of planning and taking all those insults from them bloody civilians will be for nought! Make it happen! Retrieve that flash drive!"
"Yes sir! What about the second phase of the plan?"
"It has already started. I have the Aide de Camp of the Minister of Defence in my payroll. We are going to start in the barracks at Kirikiri. Once we get rid of the scum there, we will target Lord Jaiyeola."
"Yes sir."
There was a minute silence on the line. The Colonel could not bring himself to end the call.
"Colonel?"
"Sir. "
"Don't fail me. Succeed in retrieving that flash drive and you will be a lord in truth."
"Yes sir!"
What is the flash drive, that expose evil government have doing
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Good one @op. Keep the update coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 2:17am On Jul 27, 2021
Dragon HQ
12:00am

"Wake up!"

Francis raised his eyes up painfully. They had been shut since that stab in the neck. His mind had been active all along.

"You are awake. Good. I want you to witness I obtaining the unattainable. With this I will change the face of this nation."

He noticed he was chained to the walls.

"Francis, it's a shame that you are here. After all, it's not up to a year since you were just serving as an usher. Time flies though and it's your fate that you are here. Wonder why you got that flash drive? Why Emmanuel saved you? That's because we have been watching you, grooming you for this moment....."

"Colonel, please spare him this talk, let's start the ceremony."

Colonel Mohammed turned towards Ksenga. "Don't interrupt me, young man."

"Ksenga, why?" Francis managed to ask.

"Oh, you are still rankled by the betrayal? Come on, you must have expected it. Those stupid voices in your head must have warned you but you thought you could change things, hmm. Well, here is your change!"

With that the Colonel walked towards a pool of burning lava. Francis also noticed the rocky nature of the room.

"Where am I?"

"You are at the Lake of Recognition. We have adjusted it to our needs."

"Ksenga, why do this? Why will you turn against me?"

Ksenga looked at him. "Don't take it personal, Francis. This is a result of a process years in the making. Even with your good intentions, I can't risk pitting all my eggs with you. This, this will change the country, tilt it to our favor."

" I have come to you, Elders of the Cores! For many years you have controlled the affairs of the Cores without merging them. Now, I present myself as a willing sacrifice to change that and bring glory to the Shivites! Accept my offering and make me a servant to the gods of chaos!"

The Colonel stepped into the Lake, chanting some incantations. The lava started to swerve and swirl around him, before engulfing him totally.

"AHHHHH!!! IT BURNS!!! IT'S BURNING ME!!!!!"

Ksenga rushed towards the place but was suddenly flung back, the black and scarlet knife falling from his hands.

Francis looked towards the lake, which had settled down. A figure stood in the middle of it.

Pick the knife now! He heard Oscar from his mind.

Pick the knife and break those damn chains!

Francis moved his eyes towards the knife. With a flicker of his eyes, the knife flew in the air and cut through the chains, bringing him crashing down. As he slowly stood up, he heard a maniac laughing.

"FINALLY! I AM INVINCIBLE! I WILL CHANGE.....AHHHHH!"

Ksenga woke up. " What's happening? Colonel?" He ran towards the man.

"Colonel is dead. I am Chaos and I am Alive!" He flung Ksenga towards the wall, almost killing him.

Francis stood up. "What's that?"

That is Chaos, my son. Onyeka spoke. We have been holding it off for years, since that meoter struck this country and devastated half of it. Now, it's only you that can cage it back. Only you.

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
You've got a nice story going here but as you can see, the thread is damn dry like the desert sad that happens as your updates is not consistent..
Kudos to the OP though.
You're doing well.

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
Dragon HQ
02:00am

"Wake up."
"Wake up!"
Ksenga raised his head in pain. Quickly he tried to feel the back of his head for blood but then stopped. This is not what he wore that morning.

"Why am I in clothes that are suited for ten year olds? My arms too, what's happening?"

"You are trapped in your subconscious, Ksenga."

He stood up quickly. "Who are you? What do you want with me?"

"I am your subconscious and you were forced in here by your friend and conspirator, Colonel Mohammed."

"Something is wrong with him. I have to stop whatever is happening. Let me out of here."

"I can't. You have to be ready to leave this place."
Ksenga looked around. The environment was distinctly Oshogbo, where he grew up.

"You took me back to when I was brought up?"

"Yes, yes. Maybe you can get ready for whatever you need to do here. It will remind you of what you forgot."

"What I ......" He cut his speech as he saw himself run from his previous house to a neighbor.

"He can't see you. Only you can see him."

"This, this is when I received my first kiss. Are these my memories?"

"Follow him and find out."

Ksenga ran towards the direction of the house. Soon he was in the living room.
"I wished that I will become the President of the country. I will ban people from employing Shivites as gatemen. I will make sure that anyone who disrespects us will suffer."

"Dreamer, I hear you." That was Oluchi, his first crush and his first love. "But that will be impossible."

"Why?" How face screwed up in anger.

"Ksenga, calm down na. Kis,kiss, my bubu!" She planted one kiss on his cheeks, pouring water on his face. Simple days. "See, I didn't say that in order to mock your tribe. I said that as the reality of things. How many Shivites are educated? How many care about education? Most of your kind just want to find cheap work, marry their kind and obey their leaders. Their leaders want it that way in order to control them."

She then faced Ksenga squarely. "If you really want to change things, then you must make education a priority for them, in fact for everyone in the country. If everyone is educated, prejudices and a lot of nonsense will end in this country."

"So if I got people educated, things will change?
"Yes. Even for the Shivites. After all, you are one and I can't help but like you."
His face beamed up. " You like me?"
She didn't answer. Instead she moved to kiss him straight on the lips.

Suddenly he was thrown out of that place and into the air, like a fantasy movie. He found himself facing someone back.

"Tell me Emmanuel, why are we like this?"

3 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
More updates bro...
More grease to your elbow.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ann2012
PrudySara
Come over o....

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Dragon HQ
02:30am

The ground was cracking open,but Francis could not afford to bother. He had tried most things in his arsenal, carefully helped by the spirits but Chaos has proved to be too powerful. Most of the acolytes of the Dragon Core had fought and are now dead. Is this the end for him?

"You are still standing. I am impressed." Chaos spoke. "But that's going to end now."

He stretched out his hand and Francis found himself floating in the air, a tight grip on his throat.

"Now your reign ends."

He attempted to twist his neck, only to find himself falling flat on the ground

"What's happening? Why can't I finish you off?"

Francis staggered towards him, coughing. If he could stand him with the Blade of Helios, he would end the battle. Unfortunately, the battle was closer to Chaos than him.

As he drew near to Chaos, Chaos waved his hand, sending the ceiling falling towards Francis. He quickly ripped the debris apart, hurling some towards Chaos. The effect was like a grain of sand touching a full grown man on the chest.

"You still have some power, good. Now, take this."

Water suddenly gushed out of the cracks below, sending Francis back. He could see Chaos weaving his hands but couldn't make out what he was doing.

The water started turning cold and he realized that he was about to be frozen. Quickly he heated his immediate surroundings, using the hot water as a shield and moved slowly towards Chaos.

As he drew close, Chaos charged at him, using his right hand to choke him and his left to pin him down.

"Die! Die, you fool!"

Francis felt life leaving him as he tried in vain to drag the face of Chaos off.

Suddenly he saw two blasts and Chaos been knocked backwards, his right hand ripped off him.

"Finally he has arrived. We have been saved."

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by Ann2012(f): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
YoungBruzzy:
Ann2012
PrudySara
Come over o....

I dey with you Boss

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
Dragon HQ
02:45am

"Tell me, Emmanuel, why are we like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like this. We are a people divided. Igbos, Yorubas and Shivites with all the minor tribes always complaining of one thing or the other, fights and battles in different parts of the country, as if the meoter that destroyed the northern half of the country is not enough. Hate, directed at the Shivites."

Emmanuel sighed. "Well, that's because we never really give ourselves the chance to heal. Even before the meoter, when Fulani and Hausas we're distinctive and not jammed together as Shivites, there was still a lot of hatred and mistrust of them. Most likely it will continue to the next generation."

"But we can't allow that to happen. If I was the President, I will change things."

"You will die. You think people haven't tried? The powers that be won't allow such to happen. They benefit from the chaos."

"Then I will destroy them."

"Your naivety doesn't stop to amaze me. Anyways, first get a better job than to be an usher before thinking of changing the world."

Ksenga listened to the back and forth, wondering why he was here. Emmanuel then disappeared, leaving Francis behind.

He turned and faced Ksenga.

"I was going to change things. I really, sincerely, wanted a better country for everyone, including your Shivites. Why betray me?"

Ksenga felt his face drop. He had rested his hopes on Colonel Mohammed and now whoever that is won't fulfil anything.

"I am sorry. I am very sorry. I thought that hope was lost, that the only way to change things was to go with his plan. I never thought......"

"It doesn't matter. What matters now is that you have the chance to redeem yourself. The Scarlet knife is with you. Do what you have to do."

2 Likes

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2021
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by cokhale(m): 9:03am On Aug 05, 2021
rapmike:
Dragon HQ
08:00pm

"Wake up! Son of Anyawu, Wake up!"
"Betrayal brews her tea, sorcery fills her cup!"
"Darkness is about to cover you in her shroud!"

Francis jumped out of bed, panting.

"What's it?!"

"He asks whats it? The idiot!"
"You are about to be attacked, the moment is upon us!"
"Francis, we have been betrayed."

"Ksenga, is it?"
"Yes, but first we have to attack now. The Lion Core will be here anytime soon and it won't be for pleasantries."

Francis stretched his hand and pressed a red button.

An acolyte soon showed up.

"Call all my captains! Now!"

"To here, sir?"

"No, to the council chambers! Now!"

As the acolyte sped off, Francis wore his battle suit and prepared himself. This will be a long night.

He stormed into the council chambers, meeting Emmanuel and Marcus immediately.

"Where is Ksenga?"

"He seems to be delayed, My Lord."

"There is no time. I saw a vision of darkness and wrath unleashed on this Core and the country. We have to act."

"Act as in how, sir?"

"We are attacking the Lion Core, now!"

"But you said that........"

"There is not time for buts, Captain Emmanuel! Just follow orders!"

"At least may I know why we are attacking them?"

"The Lion Core has........"

A siren shattered the privacy of the council chambers.

A battle siren.

"We are under attack!"

Francie quickly moved out. Time has been lost.

Once out of the council chambers, he saw Ksenga.

"My Lord, I am......"

"No time for this, Ksenga! What's happening?"

"A portal opened from no where, flooding the building with water. We can't reach the armoury to prepare for anything."

"Where is this portal?"

"At the power station."

"AND YOU ARE HERE? DO YOU REALIZE THAT IF THAT IS SHUT DOWN, THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY IN THE CORE?"

Francis jumped out obstacles and acolytes, almost throwing one miles away. He did not need a crisis at the moment.

"There is nothing happening, young Lord!" Onyeka's voice crashed into his mind.

"It's a trick! You are been lied to!"

Francis stopped in his tracks. "You are lying to me. Why?"

Ksenga was shocked. "My Lord, I will never lie to you. The Power station is been fl......"

Francis pushed Ksenga just in time to save him from been hit by a laser. He moved in front and raised his hands, thrusting the assailants out of the way. Two more fighters jumped from behind him, Ksenga knocking one off with a kick and engaging the other in physical combat. Francis turned just in time to catch a flying rocket in the air and explode it, sucking in all the ballistic energy into him.

"How impressive! You are the first Lord who managed to absolve all the energy without been hurt."

"You are the one attacking the Cores?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, you won't be able to stop your Core from falling."

"You don't......" Francis suddenly felt clumsy. What's happening? He felt blood gush out of him and felt his neck. It was bleeding.

He turned to see Ksenga with strange knife, black with scarlet colors on it. He managed to hear one last statement from him before going unconscious

"You came too late, Francis."
This story remind me of Nigeria government
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Dragon HQ
03:00am.

Francis stood still, using his hands to create an invisible wall to block out Chaos fire. Despite the presence of Marcus, Emmanuel and the other guy, the one Onyeka told him to pick, this battle was not tilting to their favor.

"What's the plan?" Marcus asked. Francis looked grimly at the rest of the squad. The Dragon Core is almost dead.

"Can he create a diversion? We need to stab the monster with that knife."

"Will that kill him?"

"Yes, but we have to be quick. The more he stays here, the more powerful he becomes. Same with me and him." He pointed to Francis.

"You have been bled for a while, Sir."

"The name is Eric Anyanwu."

Francis smiled.

"Okay, Mr Eric! But you are not strong enough right now."

"With him, I am. The important thing is to send that blade into his body. We will distract him enough to cover your tracks."

Suddenly, Eric flew up to the ceiling and started towards Chaos.

"You think you can stop me, Zero?" He leaped to attack him. The impact of the jump sent cracks on the floor. He crashed into Zero, sending what was left of the ceiling tumbling down. Francis swerved away as he held Eric by the throat.

Francis twisted his hands and drew them back, somehow forcing Chaos towards him.

"It seems like we all get more powerful here." Chaos said, using his free hand to control the pull Francis was using. Eventually he released Zero and turned towards Francis. Zero quickly regained composure and landed a punch into Chaos ribs.

Chaos turned and kicked Zero to the edge of the room and turned to meet a huge ball of fire from Francis. He fell down with Francis following up with multiple punches, creating cracks beneath Chaos.

"You are more powerful than him,I grant that." Chaos lifted Francis and tossed him aside. "If your plan was to end my life with force, then you will fail."

"No. My plan was this." Francis took a bit of the skin covering Chaos and showed him. "Now we can finish you off."

"You and who"

Chaos suddenly turned and caught the knife in mid air.

"I knew you will try that, small rats!" He smiled before throwing it back at Emmanuel, instantly killing him.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
"No!"

Francis rushed towards Emmanuel,who was grasping at air.

"Don't, don't talk. Take it easy."

"It's burning, Francis."

"Marcus, take him to the clinic. Now!" Emmanuel held his hand.

"Don't be too aggressive, Francis. There is nothing you can do."

"I can't allow you to die here." Francis removed the blade and flung it away while using his hands to heal him.

"It's hopeless." Onyeka whispered from his mind.

"I can't allow hi....."

"Don't waste your energy on me, Francis. From the very beginning, we have not been the best of friends. But I have been okay with that. I just wanted to be there for you, especially now."

"Why?"

"Don't you know? You are the greatest of them all."

Emmanuel suddenly become limp. Tears welled up on Francis face.

"The rat is dead, I was wondering......."

Francis suddenly flew towards Chaos, sending a punch that forced him towards the end of the room.

Straight to Ksenga holding the knife.

"No! How can it be?" Chaos looked stunned. "You were supposed to be dead."

"We die together, Colonel." Ksenga said as Chaos screamed, his facade falling off and melting into obilivion.

Francis walked towards Ksenga, who was on the floor.

"Ksenga! Ksenga!!"

"I can still see your face. Forgive me for everything, Francis. For betraying you, for planning all of these, even you getting the flash and been dragged to this mess."

"I don't understand. You ....."

"I told the Senator who to give the flash to if things went bad. It was not by accident that you got the flash. Everything...... Everything was done to bring you to this place by Colonel and I. But you changed it. You gave me hope, even though I betrayed it."

"Don't talk too much. You need....."

"Please don't waste your time on me, Francis. Just do me one favor."

"What's it?"

"Rule. Rule fairly and help this country heal. The Shivites....."

"Will be well taken care of."

Ksenga sighed. "I can rest now."

Francis closed his eyes. It was over.

1 Like

Re: The Usher By Rapmike by rapmike(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Epilogue

The bells chimed. It was time.

Francis, resplendent in his uniform, walked towards the stage. The ceremonial oath of office was the most boring part of it all, but it had to be done.

He looked around. Most of the people there were strangers; foreign dignitaries and local officers and politicians, men of industry and commerce. All of them ready to see the new President.

He was soon done with the oath and was now the sworn President of the Federation of Nigeria.

He faced them but saw all the people he knew; Emmanuel, Eric, Marcus, Ksenga.........

He promised Ksenga that he will make things different and he will

So help him God.

The end.
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by hotswagg12: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Wow what an update. Thanks
Re: The Usher By Rapmike by Tk4all(m): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
I don't want to sound rude neither am i someone who doesn't appreciate other people's efforts but this story is meaningless to me. The ending is so poor and the episodes were inconsistent and vague.

I'm out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At The Moment (ATM) / Joy Akosa: What Fake Earring Did To My Baby / Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.