Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo (71011 Views)

"God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers / Igbo-Ora, Oyo Has The Highest Number Of Twins In The World / 2 Pairs Of Identical Twins In Anambra Turn Heads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by WAECMATHEMATICS: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2020
DBestDoc:

People probably do not know the kind of powerful hormones released by the woman’s body during labor.

Oxytocin and prostaglandins released during labor make the womb contract such that all contents of the uterus (baby, amniotic membranes, placenta) are expelled.

How then did this 3rd baby survive this powerful force of uterine contraction, remain retained and born alive after 5 whole months?
Let a term pregnancy be carried on for 3 extra weeks and see if the baby will be born alive or a small placenta tissue retained in the mother and see if she won’t come up with life threatening bleeding and/or infection.

The believers of this story are just embarrassing God.

Nice contribution Doc! Well done!

I want to ask a question please. On Superfetation.

Assuming a woman conceives of a second baby after 5 months of pregnancy (which is most unlikely), when the first child is ready for delivery, the second foetus would still be around 4 months in the womb.

How can doctors salvage the situation so that the first child is delivered successfully while the second child would also be delivered successfully at a later date?
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Professorcplus(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2020
Slurity:
You are wrong professor, that abrnomality is not from AI or vitro fertilization but simply caused by unequal supply to the triplet same level of foetus development need at the same time.
Thanks anyway. I'm not claiming to be ultimately right.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Professorcplus(m): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2020
Smeagol89:
oga proffesor, this your tiny brain can never grasp nor understand the mystery of God
Truly mystery of God! You can say that during your church service.... I hope you won't write this in your medical exam.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by PresidentJosh20(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
osejie17:
I think the third one was still contemplating whether to come or not. TRYING TO AVOID SARS LOLZ
Boss,you got me all cracked up with that your sarz paranoia. grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by PresidentJosh20(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
grin
Congratulations to the happy mother.But please no more babies.We have got excess humans in this country.And I pray the Lord will help you and your husband to nurture these children spiritually,financially and emotionally,so that they will be parts of Nigeria's solution rather than her problems.Shalom!
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Princessogaraya(f): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
Professorcplus:
Abnormalities of Artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization. Anyway congrats...

Modified: Thanks for the medical experts for giving for enlightenment.

look the picture very well, you will see that two are different
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by razible5384(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
dazzlingd:
No wonder africa is the most backward and unfulfilled continent...

This stupid illiterate way of reasoning is too bad, u won't see this kind of shallow minded discussions in civilised countries...

Idiots, who said it can't be explained medically
in ur quest to being smart, you end up being silly, adding nothing to the discourse
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by pozehnani(f): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
ozonetoy:
the one with white head warmer

Yeah. Seen her.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Roozzaay(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
firstratedcitiz:
I did not in anyway insulted INSULT you
Noted.
No thanks to auto-type
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by dazzlingd(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
razible5384:
in ur quest to being smart, you end up being silly, adding nothing to the discourse

And u must think I was trying to impress u, stick your opinion to your dirty ass
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Jesslove(f): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
Congratulations,God is wonderful.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by Tedpgrass: 8:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
DBestDoc:

You people are funny walahi.

This baby factory business is booming in Nigeria because the masses can be easily deceived by stupid stories of miracle birth as this one.

At face value--- that's my take..

You may be right but the children appear to take after mum.

Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by SaintBishop: 4:16am On Oct 07, 2020
how is that even possible?undecided
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by aspirebig: 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2020
Farki:

That sounds more like miscarriage or a massive lie because you expect me to believe that a gestation of 8 weeks is enough to develop a foetus.

Ask any elderly person you know. These things happen. I was shocked too the first time I heard of it.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by DBestDoc(f): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
WAECMATHEMATICS:

Nice contribution Doc! Well done!

I want to ask a question please. On Superfetation.

Assuming a woman conceives of a second baby after 5 months of pregnancy (which is most unlikely), when the first child is ready for delivery, the second foetus would still be around 4 months in the womb.

How can doctors salvage the situation so that the first child is delivered successfully while the second child would also be delivered successfully at a later date?

Sorry for replying late.
When a woman is pregnant, ovulation stops for the period of pregnancy because the ovaries stop releasing eggs. They rather ( the corpus luteum) release hormones that support the pregnancy. But in the rare case of superfetation, ovulation which is the release of mature eggs can occur at two different times but within few days or at most weeks apart so the babies would be born at close intervals ( same delivery).

Delivery of the second twin cannot be postponed after the process of labor is initiated and successful delivery of the first.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo by akinwale701(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
Only MaRlians can do this grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friend Was Caught Peeping At His Brother's Wife In The Shower Today / I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / Boy Draws Mum On Her Period After She Changed Her Pad In Front Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.