Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Waist Beads (ileke Idi): - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Waist Beads (ileke Idi): (13287 Views)

Why Do Some Ladies Wear Beads Round Their Waist? / Guys: What Do You Think About Ladies Who Wear Chains Or Beads On The Waist? / This Girl Claims She Has The Tiniest Waist And Biggest Booty In Lagos (see Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by r231(m): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
WAIST BEADS (Ileke Idi):

I love them. I think waist beads are the single most sexy african fashion (& private) accessory.

They come in different sizes and colours and my mum still keeps a few of them in her wardrobe.

However, some ladies don't agree or don't know its effect on some men.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

What do you guys think?

Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrCork17: 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2011
it makes my c0rk go soft. i hate it! angry
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Goldieluks: 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
me likey,for fashion sake. cheesy cheesy
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrsChima(f): 11:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
Waist bands turns you on?  Okay.  The shit people do in the privacy of their own shack.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2011
ko si much.

it's an acquired taste meaning it turns on some but not others, depending on your culture.

i could be wrong sha.

people have fetishes for different things.

anyway, the men are the ones who would find it stimulating, i guess.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrCork17: 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2011
actualy, I heard Ibo women can use it to make a mans,s **Kini** to disappear!  angry
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2011
I used to fear waist beads on ladies a lot, cos I heard they are possessive, my first gf bad them, so I ddt bleep her, cos I thot she was possessd, but I think I like dem now, though I know they are still possesive
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2011
yes, i think they're usually associated with deities back home, but that might have changed now.

could be a fashion statement nowadays.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
@poster
to me, its just another fashion accessory just like earring or bracelet. nothing ¨sexy¨about them at all.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
@OP waist beads is just a fashion and nothing more, not only for African women. I know some girls from Puerto Rico, Brazil and other central American countries that got that on there waist. I don't see anything sexy about it at all
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Tosinville(m): 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
Yeah! i like waist beard alot, its a turn on.

**Tosinville hits Mr.cork with a plank on his bald hair, gbam!!**

what does that senseless Mr.Cork knows about waist beard?
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by r231(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
Mr, Cork:

actualy, I heard Ibo women can use it to make a mans,s **Kini** to disappear!  angry
grin cheesy grin
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 04, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Truth and that's how you they got your *Kini and Brain* disappear Mr. Dummycork
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrsChima1(f): 12:09am On Mar 04, 2011
So you saying if I get a waistband around my husband's kini that it will make it uhmm uhmm less than uhmmm [size=2pt]endowed?[/size] shocked shocked shocked
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 04, 2011
lol
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrCork17: 12:12am On Mar 04, 2011
tpiah!.  sweeery. so do u wear thongs or beads? tongue
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by r231(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

So you saying if I get a waistband around my husband's kini that it will make it uhmm uhmm less than uhmmm [size=2pt]endowed?[/size] shocked shocked shocked

give it a try cheesy grin
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrsChima1(f): 12:17am On Mar 04, 2011
Nawl. I am used to it by now. wink grin I have perfected moves and positions in the honor of THE CONDO. embarassed
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrCork17: 12:22am On Mar 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Nawl.  I am used to it by now.   wink grin  I have perfected moves and positions in the honor of THE CONDO.   embarassed

we can try it. Pls dont hurt me? tongue
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrsChima1(f): 12:25am On Mar 04, 2011
(vomiting)
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrCork17: 12:27am On Mar 04, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

(vomiting)

OOOooo Nooo You didnt!! angry
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by 197(f): 12:30am On Mar 04, 2011
Beads!! shocked shocked
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by magogo: 1:02am On Mar 04, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] Hmmm, maybe I should give it a thought. Afterall, I have a nice waist line wink
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 04, 2011
I love them!

If you dont have the waist and belly for them, dont try it. i.e the woman below:

Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I love them!

If you dont have the waist and belly for them, dont try it. i.e the woman below:

Thanks for the nightmare *vomit*
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 04, 2011
waist beads are very significant in traditional rituals, so last time i checked, there wasnt any restriction as to who could or couldnt wear them.

even if the belly is bigger than a gorodome.

any bead which is significant in that manner, shouldnt be worn if the owner has reservations about them.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by denzel2009: 1:34am On Mar 04, 2011
It used to be a very important accessory in the olden days cos it makes women's bums shake when they walk around which in turn attracts men. Nowadays,it is mostly worn by razz girls. Not cool anymore!
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 04, 2011
they can market it to the west.

some oyibos like juju stuff a lot.
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by LordReed(m): 2:26am On Mar 04, 2011
To many bad associations with this for me to be cool with it. Then there is the hygenie some never take it off you know, sounds down right dirty to me brrrr!
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by MrsChima1(f): 2:30am On Mar 04, 2011
L. REED! Come on now suga! I am sure they take it off EVERY now and then to wash it! Right? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Araboy(m): 3:47am On Mar 04, 2011
Hey in our culture women don't wear them first time I saw them when I was in Senegal I thought It was a Senegalese thing until later I saw NigerianS Ghanaians and even African Americans wearing them men I love them it's a big turn on for me just seeing them on any dark skin black woman give me big hard on
Re: Waist Beads (ileke Idi): by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

Hey in [b]our [/b]culture women don't wear them first time I saw them when I was in Senegal I thought It was a Senegalese thing until later I saw NigerianS Ghanaians and even African Americans wearing them men I love them it's a big turn on for me just seeing them give me big hard on 

I hope you understand that there is no such thing as a "Nigerian culture". . . . so plz be specific with the use of  "our".
I rem wearing ileke-idis a lot in "my" culture, it was worn as a cultural symbol. . . .mostly worn during the "Ijo ibiles" and many other ceremonies. It wasnt just worn to be worn, they had a special cultural connotation to them. Specifically worn during the IJO IBILE for the noise they make and the way they emphasize the hips and waist when our women are dancing.

Altho the wait beads werent exactly multicolored like those illustrated in the pixs the OP posted. They were usually bigger beads and deep orange/red

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Best Treatment For A Nagging Babe? / See The Current Sexiest Slay Queen In Nigeria (photo 18+) / Guy Uses His Friend's Girlfriend For Yahoo Yahoo In Abraka, Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.