Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? (311937 Views)

Meet Rex. My Amazing Rottweiler / Pitbull Or Neapolitan Mastiff / Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by bluenubian(f): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2006
yeah they are banned in miami too, couple of hours from where i live but hey u still see them everywhere, pitt are given a bad name because of how they are trained,my pitt is the sweetest dog in the world. i can trust my dog with kids 24/7.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by slw1560: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2006
My neighbor has 32 pit bulls and all of them but one if friendly but only because they had got it from people who had mistreated it. And he is only mean towards strangers he doesnt bite only growls, thats it!!, I have a pit bull I have a red one and a blue one both of them are as friendly as they can be, love kids loves people, sleeps in the bed everything. The best dog ever, it really depends on how you raise it and its backround because you dont want to get a pitbull that already has a past of neglect. I reccomend getting a pit rather than a rot any day but i have had a rott and he was perfect. I guess it depends on what you like and how you raise it.

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by rottikris: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2006
my rottweiler killed another pit the other day in the park a man let it of and said to me ur rotti is dead a pit is more deadly noone could stop the dog fight untill one dog was dead which was the pit it was horrible but the owner of the pit was shocked that my rotti killed it its not the breed its the dog my rotti hates boy dogs and wil rip open any dog not out of choice

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Seun(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2006
Two of you could have stopped the fight if you knew what to do:
- http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1522102
- http://www.leerburg.com/dogfight.htm

Hope this information helps someone else in the future.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by simone12: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2006
I have a dark tiger brindle male pitbull and believe this breed is the more dangerous.they are very stubborn and are hard to fight off something they attack.

rottwieler is a very large dog but is no way as dangerous as the pitt.

i have owned both breeds
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by simone12: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2006
on the other hand tho my pitbull is exelent with my kids and very protective over them.He is a brilliant dog,but you can never trust them fully,tho with the rottweiler i cud trust him fully,even with strangers but i cant trust my pitull,he wears a muzzle.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by 2rotties: 1:45am On Sep 18, 2006
Has anyone watched the DOG WHISPERER The truth is any dog can bite out of fear and most people miss the warning signs of it, dogs don't usually bite out of aggression but it is fear that causes it, they can be afraid of people, other dogs, toys, vacuum cleaners and anything else you can think of but the key is to know what it is that causes it. Don't get me wrong a dog can bite cause they are aggressive but something in their life has caused it, We(owners) add into their fears most of the time by not correcting a problem the right way or doing it the right way. When you do buy a large breed dog a bite will be more severe then in a small breed dog so remember that,

I myself do own 2 rotties and have owned other breeds over the years. My toughest dog was a Jack Russell and she was the only dog I ever owned who did bite me. I did adopt her from a shelter so the seed was planted in her head but broke her of it right away, almost any dog can be rehabilitated with help from a good trainer but the main key to fixing a dog is fixing their owners, lol,

I also read that rotties cant be kept in the house and that isn't true, any dog can be kept in the house and in fact my two sleep in bed with me evernight (they are like my kids) but they have rules they must follow just like a child would.

So the answer to the question is ANY dog can be aggressive/dangerous . I attached a photo of my two, one is 140 pounds and the other one is just a pup but weighs in around 70 right now.

3 Likes

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by BTAngel: 3:03am On Sep 24, 2006
My answer is PITTBULL. The FACT is the PITBULL is most dangerous and deadly dog in whole wide world. How many times you guys hear from the news that Pittbull attacked peoples & loving pet either seriously injured or died?? I have a Boston Terrier that is 6 months old. Rottweiler came to my Boston & Rottweiler actually licked & playful! Guess what? I was outside standing holding my Boston in my arms, a Pittbull out of nowhere came right to me & attacked my Boston, I have never seen my Boston so scared & cried for help. My Boston was hurt, his front paws was bleeding. Thanks God my Boston didn't get more seriously injured. I was crying. My Boston is God's gift to me. I've always hated pitbull, but I hate them even more.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by BTAngel: 3:23am On Sep 24, 2006
I've owned a male Rottweiler before. He was friendly, loving & love to be around people. Rottweiler is safe than Pittbulls. Pittbull are evil & ugly dog.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by legend880: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2006
I have to agree with 2rotties:

"any dog can bite out of fear <snip> Don't get me wrong a dog can bite cause they are aggressive but something in their life has caused it, We(owners) add into their fears most of the time by not correcting a problem the right way or doing it the right way. When you do buy a large breed dog a bite will be more severe then in a small breed dog so remember that."

I have a PitBull, and she is the sweetest dog ever. Never bit anyone, scares a lot of people though. She's a real wimp. She is scared of the vacuum cleaner, fly swatters, loud noises (like boats, loud cars, motorcycles, people yelling, etc.) but she wouldn't bite. More than likely, she would run and hide.

She has been at several dog parks, and will never start fights, but if picked on by other dogs, she will protect herself. Mostly she likes to stay out of fights or be the 'peacemaker' ("Why are you guys fighting? It's more fun to chase the ball!"wink

By the way, I don't think there is such a thing as an ugly dog. I suggest we stop the name-calling. It serves no useful purpose.

Oh, and just because someplace bans a breed, doesn't necessarily mean that they are correct that they are ultra-dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by dblock(m): 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2006
The pitbull looks innocent and cute, but looks can be decieving, That devil of a dog
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jaybaby(f): 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2006
sad sad sad sad BOTH sad sad
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Reverend(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2006
A Nigerian with your email address is the most dangerous tongue
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by muno1(m): 1:55am On Feb 16, 2007
I have a Rott and a german Sheperd and he is a very friendly dog. The pitbull, mastif, doberman etc were trained for fight/war and so they are very deadly. But it all depends on how you train your dog. The pit has a Locked Jaw that  will only release after it plucks off your flesh. But i like them both. i like the rott as a pet and as a watch dog and the Pitbull as a watch dog. I would like to add the pitbull and a mastiff to my dog list.

The Pit is a Good dog, same as the Rot but i so much love my Rotweiler. He is friendly with kids, other dogs but not all the time. he understands me very well.

But the best breed of dog to train is a German Sheperd ( they are so intelligent)
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mack10187: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2007
ok first of all, all u people are full of it. i have two male rottwilers and they both live in the house with me and back yard ,one is 160lbs the other155lbs they are both German , and they are the best thing that has ever hapend to me in my life i just love them , and my nephews use them as horses yes they are protective as the are guard dogs but they know when to attack and when not to , how ever i think any dog can be aggressive and bite ,thats  not the dogs fault but the owners who hit them and abuse them , and as far as who is stronger rotti or a pits well the have different purposes rotties are guard dogs and have huge teeth and  they are heavy how ever pits were for dog fighting so its like comparing a formula car to a street car u just can't they are two different .
they are both though , but it still doesn't mean pits can take a rottie or rotties can take pits , however i have seen a video long time ago on kazaa where pit against rottie let me tell u if a rottie uses its weight combined with its huge teeth well u are f@##$d , 
P.S. my dogs live in the house and on my bed at night any dog can live in the house aight, peace .ppl please dont abuse your dogs or hit them u dont like to be hit well guess what the dog also dosent like to be hit,,m
bye

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by diehere16: 10:46am On Mar 21, 2007
I have a pittbull, a rotti (he's the youngest) wink, A doberman and A great dane. Of alla' them pitt is a bit stubborn but the aggression that the rottis generally have, makes them the most dangerous dogs.
I have never ever even scolded any of the dogs as if each one of them understands what my mood is like.
Now, everyones' record is just fine except rotti's
shocked,

[b]Should i tell, ?
O.K.

He once ripped off my milkman's calf muscle, three months' complete rest cry
Two days later he killed a small buffallow. undecided
He allows anyone to get in house but moving out is "playing with life". my friends know it well. embarassed
[s]There has been three police cases due to him.
tongue[/s]

Pitts don't stand a chance, believe me. cool

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Travis1982: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2007
Ok, I cant beleive everyone talking crap when they have no idea what they are talking about, and for some reason its always the woman!! Listen up, this is how it is, i have lived all over, i have lived in places like jamaica and breed american pitts and the smaller english ones. I have also owned and breed rotties, as well as great danes and mastiffs. Rotties are by far on the most common and highly regarded gaurd dogs, they are exellent and protecting homes and people, from other people. However, the pitbull, is a different story, now every dog is territorial and can gaurd homes, they dont do as good as a job, although they sure look intimidating as hell. On most days, id say 9 out 10 times, a pit will clamp on to almost any dog on the planet and kill it in a matter of mins. It is probably one of the best, if not the best dog to dog fighter in the world, the other best of the best dog fighters are the presas, perro de toro, and a couple of other rare breeds. If your rottie did indeed kill a pitt, then that pitt was just having a very bad day, causes chances are the pitt would of killed the shit out of it. My smaller english pitt breed with my other huge american pit, and she ended up killing half of her own puppies, as well as all of the goats, pigs, aaaand the 3 massive rotties across the street. Pitbulls haev an instinct that dogs like rottweillers dont have, and thats to go straight for the neck, clamp on, and drink the blood untill the other dog is dead. And thats how it is, people can talk crap and tell me all the stories they want to about other dogs beating pits in a fight, it might or might not have happened, but it is posible, just like it is possible for me to beat the shit out of bruce lee because i caught him on a day when he has the flue or somthing, and even then he probably still kill me. Anything is possible. I am against dog fighting so dont give me any hate mail bullshit, I am just stating facts. I love rotties and they are one of my fav breeds. Very reliable if raised properly. And as for pits, i dont care what anyone says, yes they are very dangerous is raised probably, but, they are a bit unstable as well. i have never abused or trained any of my pits to kill, yet my smaller english pit killed everything that walked on earth. I would not trust pits with children, unless if you know 100% that it was completly stable, cause a lot are, but then sometimes you get a pit like the one i had. fuckin lil psycho.I am against the ban, but only becuase they didnt take alternate steps to help the situation, they should have put new owners threw some sort of training program, criminal record check, psych evaluation, whatever. shouldnt ban a dog, but the stupid owners who ruin it for the rest of us dog owners. Anyways, thats my beef.

3 Likes

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Reverend(m): 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2007
Pitbulls and Rotties are both gay dogs.

If you want a real mans dog then go for a Poodle grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Travis1982: 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2007
dude, no. thats just wrong.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Reverend(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2007
99% of guys who own Pitbulls or Rotties have small joysticks and owning a vicious dog is how they compensate.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by leelee: 1:10am On Apr 15, 2007
all big breed dog r said to be that way and i have had large dog all my life and will not take a smaller dog its all in how you bring them up not what kind they r angry
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by animaluvr: 1:14am On May 02, 2007
I don't know where you are getting your sources from but you are obviously not getting the right ones. I have a pitt and a rott. They both came to us as strays and are still the sweetest dogs in the world. Luckily for us, they were not trained as pups to be aggressive and kill. if your pitt or rott is an aggressive animal it is because of something you did when they were a pup or something someone else did. You should not hold it against other pitts and rotts just cause others of their breeds have been trained wrong. MY pitt and rott live in the same house together and have for almost 2 years now. They are the best of friends and play together all the time. They do play roughly, which other dogs and their owners often misinterpret as aggression or anger, but it does not change the fact that they are still good dogs if they are treated kindly as puppies.If you don't believe me you can just go ask anyone who has ever had both in the same home at once living together. You make me very sad when you talk about pitts and rotts like that when I have one of each and love them dearly! cry Please don't spread rumors about my babies that are not true! sad

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by OpeLovely(f): 4:32pm On May 07, 2007
They are both terrible especially the PitBull. For me, i love sweet dogs like Alsatians, chihuahuas and dalmatians.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mina00: 6:30pm On May 18, 2007
YOU PEOPLE ARE SOME OF THE MOST UNINFORMED ASSHOLES. WHAT THE Bleep IS THIS SHIT. I HAVE NOT READ A SMART RESPONSE IN THIS WHOLE FUCKING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
A PITBULL IS NOT FUCKING DANGEROUS. UNLESS YOU FUCKING MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE DOG LOOKS. AND HAS MUSCLES ETC ETC AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGE WHEN HE BITES, DOESNT MEAN ITS DANGEROUS!!!

AND A ROTTWEILER. WHAT THE Bleep ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT? I WAS RAISED WITH A ROTTWEILER. A PURE BRED GERMAN ROTTWEILER, HE HAS NEVER BIT ME. OR ANYONE ELSE. HE HAS NEVER EVEN BARKED AT ME. KIDS HAVE PULLED ON HIS EARS. BITTEN HIS NOSE. YANKED HIS SKIN. AND HE NEVER EVEN GROWLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN IW AS A LITTLE KID I GOT ATTACKED BY A GOLDEN FUCKING RETRIEVER. NOT A FUCKING PITBULL OR A FUCKING ROTTWEILER
GO FUCKING READ SOME BOOKS BEFORE YOU FUCKERS START TALKIN SHIT ABOUT DOGS YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT.
CLEARLY NONE OF YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A PITBULL OR A ROTTWEILER IS

CALLING THEM DANGEROUS BREEDS. ARE YOU A slowpoke??
DO YOU KNOW HOW "DANGEROUS" GOLDEN RETRIEVERS AND DALMATIONS ARE? NO YOU DONT. BECUASE YOU COULD CARE LESS ABOUT RESEARCHING SHIT AND LOOKING SHIT UP.

PEOPLE WHO WRITE SHIT ABOUT DOGS ATTACKING THEM, LABEL EVERY FUCKING DOG A PITBULL.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA.
DO NOT BELIEVE EACH OTHER ON THIS FUCKING BOARD. BECUASE NONE OF YOU KNOW YOUR FUCKING FACTS.
I AM OFFENDED.
AND I AM ASHAMED
THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOTU THESE TWO BREEDS.
Bleep ALL OF YOU
AND I HOPE YOUR LIVES END ASSAP

3 Likes

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mina00: 6:31pm On May 18, 2007
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?
« #54 on: May 07, 2007, 04:32 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They are both terrible especially the PitBull. For me, i love sweet dogs like Alsatians, chihuahuas and dalmatians.

HAHAHAHAHAH DALMATIONS?!?! DALMATIONS ARE SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS FUCKEDUP DOGS AROUND.
YOU DONT KNOW SHIT. PLEASE KILL YOURSELF.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mina00: 6:32pm On May 18, 2007
my rottweiler killed another pit the other day in the park a man let it of and said to me your rotti is dead a pit is more deadly noone could stop the dog fight untill one dog was dead which was the pit it was horrible but the owner of the pit was shocked that my rotti killed it its not the breed its the dog my rotti hates boy dogs and wil rip open any dog not out of choice

HAHAHAH YEAH IM SURE THAT HAPPENED. WHY ARENT YOU IN JAIL? YOU ARE STUPID. YOU ARE PROBABLY 10 YRS OLD. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by BabyCakes(f): 6:21am On May 21, 2007
i think those naija bingos are more dangerous oh! because our calabar brothers use them as 404 delicacies, they are now very vicious! grin but seriously, i think rotts are more dangerous when provoked, because they are human aggressive ( which means they show aggression more to humans), compared to pitts who are animal aggressive (who show aggression to other animals)  by nature. The truth is that all dogs are dangerous when they are unduly provoked or harmed by wicked humans! I owned a pure breed pittbull and with proper training, was a good house pet, before he died! @mina00  you don't have to yell and curse,  we are all adults here!don't act like a child! express your view and don't be rude, okay!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by abelix(m): 11:17am On May 22, 2007
thanks baby cakes ,wat u guys don not know is that dogs are the product of hoever is keeping them i, i cringe when people boast about dia dogs escapades and gloat over how many people dia dogs have bitten it is rubbish a good dog must be obedient and well socailized not a brut from brugge it is an abberation for you dogs to attack a milk man un provocked ,
and minaoo pls what is all this Bleep Bleep thing simple question answer without swearing pls wash you mouth it is full of shit
my bad
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by dogsteps: 12:33am On Jun 17, 2007
shocked
omfg
no BREED of dog is more dangerous than another!!
IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE OWNERS
go to this website:
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/PitbullInformation/Urbanlegends.htm
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by dogsteps: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2007
IF THE OWNER TRAINS THE DOG TO BE MEAN AND DANGEROUS
thats how the dog is going to be
IF THE OWNER TRAINS THE DOG TO BE NICE AND UNAGGRESSIVE
thats how the dog is going to be

and there are more attacks or bites by other dogs like the poodle, chiuauas, golden retrievers, and labs than there are
with pitbulls or rottweliers or german shepherds!
they are just not reported because people don't want to see the poodles, chiuauas, golden retrievers, and labs as
mean dogs or anything like that!!!!
i have seen an attack by a golden retriever before at the beach
and the owner was bitten hard!!
but that wasn't reported!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by nuggard(m): 4:16am On Jul 01, 2007
bluenubian your dog looks like a guilty Rat, does that have anything to do with its father?

I'll love to have 1, to chase away my neighbour's cats.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by pitbulllvr: 2:22am On Jul 14, 2007
any dog can be dangerous.
I own a pitbull myself, my aunt owns a rotweiller, my best friend has a pitbull
my uncle has 4 pitbulls, and never ONCE have I seen any violence come out of them
Dogs are as dangerous as you make them, its like the saying "Monkey see monkey do"
if the owner is an ignorant person, the dog will automatically think that its the right thing to do. If you spend time and give the animal love, it will be as good as you treat it.
it doesnt have anything to do with the breed, i dont understand why people are jumping to conclusions about these breeds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.