Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? (311919 Views)

Meet Rex. My Amazing Rottweiler / Pitbull Or Neapolitan Mastiff / Cross Breed Between German Shepherd And Rottweiler or Causacian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by MrDogman: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
This is generally the way it is (not always): You have a Rottweiler, you train it to be a fighting dog, it would generally be able to take any dog not without training (and some that are trained), although this isn't always the case, it usually is. If you train a Pitbull (of any sort) to be a fighting dog, basically the same way you would a Rottweiler, and the Rottweiler and the Pitbull fight, 9 out of 10 times, the Pitbull's going to come out better than the Rottweiler. This is because they are bred for fighting. Pitbulls are crosses between bulldogs and terriers, originally bred for fighting. They don't do any other job particularly well.

But there are exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jakesaudi: 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2011
in my opinion, i think rottweilers are more dangerous. i own a 145 pound pure breed german rottweiler. considering the fact that rottweilers have been around longer, are obviously larger. the fact that they have a double set of teeth and the highest bite power of any domestic dog at 348 pounds of pressure per square inch. depending on the size of the head the bigger the head the harder the bite. they are definatly more deadly. they have been around for 100s of years and have allways been around to pull carts and be attack dogs. my friend has a pitt and he thinks it would take my dog, yet all my other friends are sure my dog would absolutly rape his. i will say for fighting dogs the pitt has the advantage of speed, but not bite power or size. its like putting a brute against a scrapper. theyre are going to be times when the pitt gets the advantage and it could absolutly take a rott down. but if the rott gets hismouth on that pitbull its all over. my dog would absolutly rip one to shred all afternoon.

[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jakesaudi: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
oh not only that, but theyre pack dogs. a rottweiler runs in a pack and they are extremly dangerous in a pack. a friend of mine grew up in brazil and lived there till he was 22. he said the legend of elchupa capra comes from rottweilers and thats why they are illegal in brazil aswell as a large part of central america
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by nofear9: 12:06am On Mar 17, 2011
Thats my baby. I love Pitbulls, They rule they are dogs in their natural forms - UNTAMED!

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by rbarry135: 6:45am On Mar 29, 2011
I've owned both breed of dogs and loved both of them with my all and of course did research and obsered both. Pitt Bills are dangerous becuase some times not even the owner can have conrol of them, yes they do have powerful bite but the only danderous part about getting bit by an pitt bull is the lock of the jaws when they lock on to your libs its hard to get loose. But rotts have more of a powerful bite, more powerful than a pitt bull, but the jaws just don't lock on you, and rotts have that instint to prey on you if they want you without a bark bark or any kind of idictcation of their presents(smart)rotts are also easy to train compare to pitt bulls that's what makes pitt bulls a threat. But I love both dogs though. Pitt Bulls are abused everyday becuase people treat them like a threat and needs to stop they are beutiful.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 30, 2011
Pitbulls.

but I love both!
I'm as pretty as a Rot and as vicious as a Pit.

Buyaka! grin grin

anyways my Yorkie is the hardest dog ever cool
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jjgirljay(f): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
The pitbull of course,I had to put mine to sleep. I was away for a year,d very day I got back my pitbull dived into d sliding door glass to welcome me. U don't want to know d damages. Anyways he had a bad cut on his head since then he's been uncontrollable. He killed d monkey,my birds,d neighbors dogs. Pitbulls r badass dogs
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
Pitbulls
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2011
Be it a pitbull,rottweiler or any kind of breed i hate dogs and cant live with it,my first nephew was killed by a dog.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by CantCmytoe: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
Neither one is dangerous its the stupid ppl that abuse them and then they turn bad! angry
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by taekwinn: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2011
I would think the pitbull is just b/c its not as smart as a rot is
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by YungDoc(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2011
but between German Shepherd vs Pitbull vs Rottweiler which one is the most aggressive? I know Pitbulls and Rottweilers are dangerous but I've heard alot of nasty things about German Shepherds too. Alot of people even inter-breed them to give dogs with even more vicious characteristics,
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by 10Mariok: 3:33am On May 02, 2011
lol, i dont think i eva experiencd a higher level of immaturity thn ths, sad

check amigos its lyk askin whos dangerous between a Iraqi and a South Korean? both are but not all are, depends on hw u whre raised nd
tht is exctly th same story with the dogs.

I pesonally adore the Rottie and i think maks a cool buddy dog from wat i read, pitt? woudnt mind owning one but with a face like its own, i think i'l loose friends. wink wink
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by icesmooth: 8:57am On May 27, 2011
In search of a pure 100% rott pup or not older than 6months. Being thinking of importing but who knows I dont doubt the fact that I can find an Honest naija who's got my search. : idris.abayomi@yahoo.co.uk or 08035881865.

All I need is how to contact the owner, I'd do all correspondent calls, mail or inspection/ payment if certified.

I live & wrk in Uyo, but distance dnt matter so long as ur city is flight enabled.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by mrsduff: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2011
i just wanted to put my thought in here, i myself have 4 kids all at a young age, my family and i have a pitbull and a rottweiler, they are the sweetest most loving animals ever. they are part of our family. they are awesome with my children. my youngest at 20 months can take bones toys and just about anything out of their mouths, any dog is dangerous. it is all on how you raise them. our dogs were raised as part of our family they were raised as our children. we can take them to the dog park to play and unleash them and they stay right with us and love to play with everybody. we also have 2 rabbits our children got of christmas and my rottie and pit will lay on the floor and let the rabbits hop all over them my rotty will actually sleep with the rabbits. my husband is in the army and we are stationed in germany, we could not however bring our pit over here due to military regulations, but we still have our rotty, and i tell you i have seen so many rottweilers over here, and the german will and are allowed to bring their animals in store and dinning facilities, and the dogs will sit there while the owner eats. same as our big guy. no matter what kind of dog you have they can be dangerous, its all on how you raise them. i knew somebody that has a yellow lab, now when you think of lab you think of sweet lovable dogs, not this one he was mean would not let a child walk by nor animal or any living thing at that matter and the owner would laugh when he did this, so as i have said before yes a rott and a pit can be dangerous but so can a lab or cocker spangle (sp) it is all about the owners and how you treat and raise your animals. so there for you can not base anything on which is more dangerous. and if you are asking this question because you want a mean and dangerous dog then you don't deserve a dog at all. just my personal thought on the question

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:55am On Aug 16, 2011
it only matters how the dog is rasied.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by italianbab: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
i have had both a rottweiler and a pittbull so from experience i can say it is most deff how you train your puppy i had them both since 8 weeks old so i had the, from the start and traingin them the same way i can say both are not mean dogs but when it comes to there owner being in trouble or if they sense harm a pittbull is way more dangerous and will do anythin to make sure the owner is okay, the rottweiler is protective to but pitt wayyy moreee!! it in there nature!!
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
Pittbull
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by drafo(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2011
I need a rottweiler puppy female, holla me on dis number, 08059540448
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nyarkostephen: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
men!!!! we live wit a pitbull and lipsrsealed,men i am shouting>>>>> its a crazy breed>wunt listen to no one.we play with our neighbours rottie and all that.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Nyarkostephen: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2011
And i would like to give up my pitbull its crazie,if you want it you can contact me on 08069285731.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by tyson55(m): 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2011
I agree that Pit Bull Terriers are good dogs, but thier explosive nature is a concern to me when the owners do not take care of these dogs properly. I know that constant abuse & neglect over a period of time takes a toll on these dogs behavior. My fear is you don’t know what will set them off to attack. I have a really great friend that his wife had come home from work in the country and the next door neighbours 3 pit bulls had dug under his fence and got out roaming around when she arrived home and got out of her car all 3 pit bulls attacked her and draged her over the hill and severly malled her. Her husband got home to find her car door open and heard her screaming over the hill where they had dragged her and left her in terrible condition for many months. I know this doesn’t happen often but you really need some type of self defense protection just in case.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by jingof: 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
So many pit bull owners say, "People are to blame.  If you raise the dog properly, they are not dangerous.  My dog is a lover."  That is the standard line.  But even if you do ignore the statistics, and accept the nature vs nurture arguments,   That's still does not re-assure me in the slightest.

Why?  Because, I'm the perspective neighbor.  Not the perspective owner.

For every Pit that is purchased and brought home, on average, about 50 people become neighbors to this dog.  Usually, without being asked, or even without knowing at all. And statistically, the people attacked by Pit bulls are more often neighbors or people the dog is unfamiliar with. So, those exposed to the greatest risk, have no knowledge or say so, in bringing the dog among their children.

And there in lies the problem.  The standard line is ignorant of the fact, that you can't control your neighbor.  Neighbors sometimes raise Pits improperly, and you can't control that. I can't force my neighbor to be responsible, or kind to his animals.

And I certainly don't want my 7 year old playing in my yard, when I can't guarantee that the neighbor is properly raising and restraining the Pit next door.

The point is not that we can't change the Pit.  It is that we cannot change people.  There will always be evil people that abuse those dogs.  And my 7 year old, is powerless to change that.  So, why expose her to any risk of attack, when this is not her problem?

At the same time, why should I have to lock up my daughter, so that the Pit can run free?

Bottom line: Pit ownership is not fair to neighbors.  IMO, unless you have signatures from the neighbors, you have no right to expose their children to such risks, or force them in doors to avoid risk.  You may believe you are a responsible owner, but all Pit owners think that of themselves. And how are we Pit neighbors suppose to know the difference, with enough confidence to allow our children in the yard?
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by geniphero1231: 6:17am On Apr 02, 2012
I always find the arguments of those against Pit Bulls to be amusing. "A Pit Bull can eat a whole human alive"??! I'm sorry but you are an idiot and embarrassing yourself. The average American Pit Bull Terrier weighs 55lbs. Even being generous to our overweight society, lets say the average human weighs 180lbs. So, basically you're telling me a dog can eat over three-times its weight? Not likely, its a dog, not a snake!

Statements like these lead me to question where these avid Pit Bull haters find their "facts", because they are so obviously a crock of bologna it's laughable. Basing an argument on a preconceived notion is foolish, and making things up is a sure fire way to not only lose an argument, but to utterly embarrass yourself in the process. You see, due to the continued attacks of ignorant society, responsible Pitty owners have gone to great lengths to educate ourselves. We don't need to make facts up as the only proof we need is our wonderful, well balanced, cared for and tempered Pittys! The fact is that by nature Pit Bulls are very loving and loyal dogs. Unfortunately, the fact that they are natural athletes as well has given the entire breed a bad reputation. I am a behaviorist, as is my father. My father specializes in aggression. Do you know how many Pit Bull clients he has had in his 25+ year career? None. The most common clients have been Poodles, Golden Retrievers, Labs, Chow Chows and a large variety of small breed dogs. I have never been bitten by a Pit Bull, nor have I ever had a Pit Bull assert aggression towards me, ever. I have been attacked by Dalmations, Golden Retrievers, Poodles, and several small breed dogs, but never a Pit Bull.

I will agree that any dog can be turned bad at the hand of a bad owner. If you were abused your entire life, you would too - its instinctive. The people to blame for this is not the breed or public, it's those few bad owners. Placing a Scarlett Letter on a breed does not fix the problem, it hides it. The fact is most Pits you meet are very well mannered with good temperaments. If you have a preconceived notion or stigma about the breed, I encourage you not to put blinders on and dig your heels in, but educate yourself, get out there and experience a Pitty first hand - basically, don't just believe the media hype or the blasphemy you see on the Internet, see it for yourself!

So, if you want to continue to live in ignorance, with the wool pulled over your eyes, by all means, be our guest. I wish the same fate for each of you that you wish to bestow on unoffending animals, whatever that may be.

Take care!

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Bello555: 6:50am On Apr 02, 2012
Chiuwawas are even more aggresive and very intelligent. They are best fun dog to have around. If chiuwawas can grow to the size of pitbull, then you hav a 'made in lion dog'
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Smrtst1here: 8:09am On Apr 02, 2012
I originally read this at my wife's request and found it kind of comical...that is until I learned how dumb most of you were. Okay let's start from the top, whoever said that a pitbull can eat a whole human should never EVER reproduce...EVER. Secondly whoever said that a pitbull can bite with over 2000 pounds of bite force should go drown themselves because your screwing up the gene pool with your idiocy. Let's address these statements one at a time: first off a pitbull CANNOT eat a human whole UNLESS given several days without food as a dog can go several weeks without eating, secondly a 2000 pound bite force is equivalent to that of a crocodile! How in Jesus's name you got that and where you got that I don't wanna know because it is so wrong it's almost unfathomable how dumb let alone incorrect that statement is, thirdly pitbulls DO not have a locking jaw... This is purely and utterly false. NO dog has a locking jaw the only reason pitbull haters suggest a break stick is because a pitbull was bred for what's called gameness, willingness to bite and not let go, and high prey drive, should be self explanatory. However pitbulls that were bred PROPERLY have human aggression taken out of them through simple breeding. Now I'm already aware the next argument is gonna be " but their dog aggressive" well once again that is incorrect, pitbulls prey drive can be a problem if stupid people, such as most of you, do not educate yourselves on or excercise your pitbull. Excercise for a pitbull is EXTREMELY important as is socialization. With proper excercise and socialization 98% of problems with pitbulls can be fixed. Now most pitbulls are stubborn and require a firm, but not abusive or forceful, hand which means somehow most of you nimrods who have problem pitbulls need to grow a set and be the alpha male in that relationship. Pitbulls are all around wonderful dogs and I'm sure most of you don't know pitbulls consistently out rank the dogs everyone classifies as " good family dogs" such as golden retrievers and labs in behavioral and temperament testing. Pitbulls are also INCREDIBLY tolerant of children and in fact will follow them to protect them. It's apparent that most of you buy into the media hype about them which is completely bias and ignorant. It is almost impossible to identify a pitbull correctly from a lot of different breeds of dogs. Not a single news station has someone specifically there to identify dog breeds and in fact there are over thirty breeds considered pitbulls most of which are not actually pitbulls. Next time you hear about these pitbull attacks call the news station and ask them how they are sure. You will not get a direct or correct response 95% of the time. This brings me to how I know all this, as a responsible pet owner I did a MASSIVE amount of research without buying into the media hype. I also own a pitbull AND a rotty and can tell you if I had my way I would never EVER own any other kind of dogs. If you are going to get EITHER of these dogs don't be a dumbass and do your unbiased and actually smart research and quit contaminating the world with your complete and utter stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Doglover78: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ok I had to do it. The lack of education and spelling in this response thread is redicoulous to say the least. Before you even post in this thread, make sure you can spell correctly and write correctly. Damn ignorance,people need to focuss on graduating from 1st grade English rather than focussing on which dog is aggressive, which takes no education level to discuss this topic.
Read a freaking book,damn I swear. No wonder why our country is made fun of for the lack of educated people with a brain. It's sad, really sad.

Ok now onto the topic at hand. I am a firm believer that all aggressive Pitts should be put down literally. And all of the owners who've raised their dogs to be such should be shot in the head literally. There is no place for any dogs acting this way PERIOD. Owners should know better and treat these dogs as lovable pets and only as such. That is all I'm going to say on this topic and leave before the next idiot who can't spell or write chimes in.
Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Smrtst1here: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
Before posting about spelling errors make sure you can spell " ridiculous", and "focus/focusing". Secondly your approach to the subject is an ideal example of the ignorance of which you speak. The grammar and spelling errors in your post, not to mention your opinion on how we should handle these people, is exactly the wrong stance to take. Do I agree that people who fight pit bulls should be taught a lesson? Yes I do, but shooting the people and the dogs is the wrong way to go about it. A lot of those poor animals can be rehabilitated and reintroduced to society as well behaved and wonderful dogs. The people deserve a long sit in a jail cell and should be banned from owning any animals and it should be made public knowledge that they cannot. Violence to end violence is almost never the answer. Which you would understand if you were competent enough to have an actually good opinion about the sanctity of human life.

2 Likes

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by natedawg: 8:41am On Aug 09, 2012
Its so funny how evryone is saying how tough a pitbull is and how they could kill any other dogs hands down. most people that own pits are bleeped up insecure small dick punks who got there ass kicked on a regular basis not knowing how to fight they bought in to getting a pit as a puppy beating it and then wearing there saggy pants in there lo riders with there dogs making them feel like there a man and have a longer then 4 inch penis hard, you guys are pathetic. sum pits r very strong sum are bigger PUSSYS then there owners sum rotts are tough and sum are weak, all in all in agility tests rotts out perform pits HANDS DOWN dog fighting is diff story like i said little penis losers get those dogs and do the whole dog fight thing cuz they could fight worth a dam so they lived thru there dog most people that get rotts dont waste there time making it a fighter dog cuz first theu know that if they needed they can fight themselves and dont need to have the stigma that im a gangster and look at my pit not my little penis owners of rotts usually are normal hard working secure guys a rott if u spent all ur small penis hours training a rott to fight as a pit ur pitt would be dog food as to the comments on pits r badd ass there always on the news for attacks u r a faGGG yes FAggg pits r on the news because pirates of hershy highway like u own them and live in trailer parks or the getto and drink do drugs watch porn and beat ur dog so ur dogs turned out mean and attack any dog would so get off ur pitt is so tuff and mean shit my friend has a red nose and hes not my friend anymore after his big bad pit tried to go for me i drove my fucking fist down into its skull breaking my hand and fucking that dog up he pissed himself and ran into the glass back door trying to get out of the house explain that one another bad day for the dog my neibor has a pit white one told my neiber to keep the dog fenced in but he didnt listen dog came to my yard growled at me went for me in my own fucking yard so i rammed my boot rite under its chin sending the 80 pouner flipping in there air to hit the ground with me on top of it clamping its mouth sut all it could do was wiggle and growl i then picked it up by its face gave it to the neighbor where it still tried to attack me, next day shows the pitts intelegence level its back on my yard also shows owners intelect... so i let my rottie out pitt charger my rott my rott just stood there foot between my rott lunges his head straight into the pits head ansd pit agn on ground twitching didnt see much fighting to the death going on there my rott instead of mauling the dumb dog sat by my side growling until the pitt left. the other pit across the street good pitt well behaved male but my male and him play evryday no probs best friends and yes wen they play that pit is always on the bottom. agn any dog can be a strong dog doesnt hav to be a pit a fila would kill a pit and possibly the rott a caucaian sheapard kills wolves and i know a wolf would mop floors with rotts and pits there r other dogs out there that are badd ass when they need to be and dont get the bad wrap so people dont fear them but believe me if the small penis rejects get hold of them they would b more feared then any pit that ever lived! all u small penis pit owners go join a martial arts class learn to fight get urself sum self esteem get pants that fit lay of the coors light and b a man for a change and quit living thru ur dog lol such queers

1 Like

Re: Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous? by Smrtst1here: 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
This gentlemen obviously has some kind of mental deficiency. First off your article is one giant run on sentence, secondly your grammar is worse than my seven year old daughters, and third your obsession with the size of other people's penis' concerns me.

The fact is not everyone that has a pitbull got them because they are supposedly tough. Most people get them because they are wonderfully loving dogs. They are dogs that would give their life for you and only ask for your love as payment. My suggestion to you sir is to return to school, get a girlfriend or boyfriend whichever you prefer, and stop trying to play in the big boy leagues. Oh and by the way me and my wife both make a considerable amount of money, do not do drugs, and laughed when you assumed all pitbull owners, such as myself, have very tiny penis'. Go read a book and get back to me when you can form a legitimate and cogent sentence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.