Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth (56623 Views)

Five Planets Align Perfectly, Visible Until End Of June ( Pics) / Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / Scientists Discover Impossible Planet, Having Possibility For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
ruffDiamond:
but the sun remains centre of the universe... hmm
An object can only have a centre when it has a fixed size, what is the size of the universe?
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
MintedWords:

To think that the word 'planet' is in your moniker. Smh
The guy is a well known conspiracy theorist, it's not everyone you see that you talk to, some people have mental issues.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by isax(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scientists-discover-24-planets-conditions-22793127
are they trying to say the people who said there are nine planets all these years are lying ni?

Abi planets don start to dey grow like tree?
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Asad6ixty9: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Word of GOD is the Hand Book and Manual that Guides the Universe..
In the Beginning, GOD Created the Heaven and Earth. That is Final

The Only Place Suitable for Life outside Earth is HEAVEN.
HEAVEN is a Place Specially Created by God For All who Accept the Free Gift of Salvation Given by JESUS Christ ..

Heaven is a Place where all Tears, Pains and Worries will be Wiped away..

Heaven is the Consolation of the Righteous..

The Next Place Humans will be is Hell Fire!
It's for all who Reject God's Free Gift of Salvation..
It's a Place for all who see no need to be Saved..

Whatever any mere Human says that does not Tally with the Word of God is Mere talks..
who told you, you will go to heaven? Better read your bible very well............
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by ngadaAwo: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Richfarmer:

dont be decieved,
the two accounts are related

even that so called female bitch that calls her self denreledave

they are all one in the same spirit.
But am planning on recouping back my investments on all this bunch of scammers and 419 people

mods please take note and investigate.
I think 2m is ok to fish out that bitch called denreledave
haaaaa wetin denreledave do you?

he's a man ooo 100%
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by mithras(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
mercy87:
Righteousness89. I am thinking of the best way to respectfully pass this message across. You're not portraying Christ rightly. You're very narrow-minded in the way you present Christ here.

God is the chief scientist. He owns science. He created all these things. You don't expect the Bible to bring out every detail. If all was written in details even the world will not contain the Word. John 21:25

Scientists are discovering things already created by God. The secret things belongs to the Lord and it's the honor of men to search it out. Proverbs 25:2. Daniel 2:22

Scientists seek to discover what God has already created and there's nothing wrong with that. Ye are gods. Psalm 82:6. We are the children of God. Just like God is a/our creator, we his offspring (man) have brilliant, intelligent abilities, mindset and great initiatives to create and discover.

Sometimes they (scientists) get it right in their search, sometimes they are wrong which is okay because only God is the Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.
God is all knowing, everywhere and all powerful. He created everything and gave us (Man) wisdom to create other lesser stuffs.

While winning souls for God, please be wise to not present yourself as a rigid, narrow-minded, dust clouded, negative mind against science. God is super intelligent. Infact He is intelligence himself, He is exciting and He is Holy.

Absolutely true, bless you for this, i hope the guy listens

Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by pelumi67(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scientists-discover-24-planets-conditions-22793127

Na moon like structure dem go dey show us why not show us the inside life of it....
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Pelecius: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
demmie1:

How about the third presupposition that God created a system that triggers life to come into being and set this system in different places to flourish with different laws working with the system? Pls don't be shallow.
And on what authority will the third presupposition rest?
I'm not shallow and I actually love it that you have God as a presupposition, but I limited myself to the first option because I can use the Bible as authority. If I have to exclude the Bible, then I should not use God (of the Bible)
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
rexchazy:
WILL You Keep Quayet

Will you keep quiet!

Nonsensical Akrimony!
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by davesd: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
I wonder why the researchers would say they have discovered a planet more habitable than planet earth. Are they telling us we are here on earth by mistake? How can a planet they just discovered become more habitable than the planet they were given birth in? Have they even finished studying this earth they are in?. Park your bags to the new planet and you are on your way to hell. Nonesense.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Dearlord(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thank you Lord for making me not to learn about 30 more planets unlike my time we had only 2 planets.

I pity for the new generation, they must be faster than computer
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

HEAVEN is a Place Specially Created by God For All who Accept the Free Gift of Salvation Given by JESUS Christ ..

Whatever any mere Human says that does not Tally with the Word of God is Mere talks..
yea there are probably other earths in other solar systems with someone like you posting this claim also....smh
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by jamace(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
Men, I'm checking out of Naija to one of those planets... grin
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
TimeTraveler369:

Can fire burn a Soul or any form of Spirit? Hell concept was designed as a Control Statement - a Mind Control utility to keep humans in line. Fire is basically incapable of burning a soul since one can only be adjudged to go to hell when dead, the body rots then the Spirit ejects and fire can not burn a soul.

You are largely ignorant of spirituality.

There is no Heaven and there is no hell except the ones you create within your imagination and so you will be proceeding to your mental conjecture on the mental spatial dimension created by the collective minds of Religious zombies.

But then it needs not concern me. Babies can not be fed with food of elders.

You are a neophyte, a chela and in kindergarten when it comes to the understanding of the Savior programs of the matrix.

All the useless grammar you are blowing will seize and your eyes go clear when you discover the person you quoted was right.

You call Christians zombies because you think you are right to believe the nonsense you are yarning.

What proves yours to be right and theirs to be wrong?
Wisdom demands you stick to yours and leave them with theirs. Anything short of this is stupidity.

The Devil is deceiving you and your likes.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by kassss(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by romenna: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

Block headed human beign.
You are not ready to unlearn what you learnt from your religious leaders to be able to relearn.
God did not create anything in your presence. Or did he?
You were told everything you think you know.
Be careful, knowledge is dynamic and not static.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by kmaster007: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
Madibah:

I'm following you
grt dem for us
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

I think our scientist have finally discover3d heaven.

You are holding the creation of science, yet you want us to believe in an inexistent god.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by newdawn2017(f): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
DenreleDave:
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Anywhere righteousness89 goes, I go with him..

I refuse to follow the likes of Slawormir.. cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy

Righteousness89, are we moving to one of those planet?

We shud spread the gospel there....
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Pelecius: 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Golan007:

The search for extra terrestrial life is still quite primitive.

Most of the efforts are invested in radio telescopes and theories because the issue with intergalactic travel is yet to be overcome.

Of course, there's the possibility that we are alone but the probability of it is far less than the likelihood we aren't.

The sheer size of the universe, with its millions of stars and planets and moons cannot but make one to conclude that there must be life out there.

Just as those before us must have wondered about other races and tribes in places too distant to cover with the technology of the day, so is it about us who wonder and believe we could not possibly be alone.
The search for extra terrestrial life is still quite primitive.
Most of the efforts are invested in radio telescopes and theories because the issue with intergalactic travel is yet to be overcome.

Well, primitive might sound as an exaggeration to me since there's no real technology that we can compare it with to know that it is primitive or not.
And yes, they scan space to see if they can detect INTELLIGENT signal since they believed that aliens must have evolved for long and hence, should have better technology than we have on earth.
I don't think that the technology is the problem, but that the assumption that life must have evolved elsewhere and transferred to earth (against all odds of interstellar travels).

Of course, there's the possibility that we are alone but the probability of it is far less than the likelihood we aren't.
The sheer size of the universe, with its millions of stars and planets and moons cannot but make one to conclude that there must be life out there.

Again, you make a huge claim of probability here without sound argument for it. The argument you use in the next sentence is a type of non sequitor.
Also, it all start with a presupposition of how life arose. Most search for life in other places apart from earth is majorly to prove a naturalistic process for how life started. If it is possible that life form can be found elsewhere, then evolution has conquered its major obstacle. So, that is the underlying reason for folks who believe that we shouldn't be alone

Just as those before us must have wondered about other races and tribes in places too distant to cover with the technology of the day, so is it about us who wonder and believe we could not possibly be alone
This is a good idea, just that the conditions that makes life possible is almost the same all over the places within the earth. Same can not be said for any of the 'planets candidates' that are being discovered.
No other planet have been found to have ALL the conditions that makes earth a habitable place.
1. the size of earth
2. a stable star which must be just at the right distance
3. presence of magnetic field
4. a moon orbiting at the right distance
5. a huge 'protective' planet
6. presence of oxygen in the right amount
7. presence of other heavy elements
8. presence of atmosphere
9. presence of water
10. some physical constants just at the right value (fine tuning)
And others that I can't recall now.

I think with these conditions, it is safe to infer that the probability of having folks out there is far lesser than not having any
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
Madibah:

I'm following you

Soon as the likes of Tinubu, Buhari, Donald Trump etc show up there, you can bet the place would be worse than earth in a jiffy
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by MrColdsweat: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
They keep fooling humans with this their fake space travel.

No one has penetrated the van Allen belt nor gone out of earth before. Everything you've seen about space, other planets are CGI(computer generated images) and are not real. That is why we spend billions on rockets, trying to blast through the shield covering earth.

Earth is a prison.

The only way to leave earth is to die. Any other theory na 419.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfq0aM_aCTwrmCqY

Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by TruthinAction: 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Any planet outside our solar system should take several years to get there. So, how can one get there without dying on the way?
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
patiencebest:
i hope there is no country like Nigeria in the new planet
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by Adakintroy: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
Make Una go if una wan go. Una discovery don too much. we know were Una mind de.

Una never feed humanity finish Una don de waiste money endlessly on space research
After Una go de use the term "humanity" loosely. "humanity" like say him involve us for Nigeria or third world.

As for Una weh de cheer like cheee leaders, what make you think if they are going to the moon you will join them?

Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by MrColdsweat: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2020
planetx:
Fake planets, fake discovery. Let this oyinbos be deceiving you with their fake so called space exploration.

How else would NASA and other space agencies get more funding if they don't lie to the people?
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by tobstarizhia(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
But how many light-years is it? let me guess...impossible to travel light-years?
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by creepsyme(f): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
Madibah:

I'm following you
Mee too.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by fineboynl(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
ruffDiamond:
but the sun remains centre of the universe... hmm
no. center of our solar system.
Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by GerogeI(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
Righteousness89:

I think you should read the bible with the archeological context of time and technical ability of the men that did the actual writing.

(In the beginning God made heaven and the earth)

Most people think this means heaven is some how relatively comparably sized to earth. Nothing in the statement says so. Heaven could well mean every other thing apart from earth and hell.
Hence, that statement simply says that in the beginning God made all there is or universe or multi verse.

After a whole lot of creation, at some time or point
The earth had no form- nothing solid in it
The earth was void - it had a lot of gaseous content
The earth had a face of water - it had a collection of liquids with a surface, probably as the core.
The earth was in darkness - it was not a satellite to any sun and no light source was close by

So the earth was just a collection of liquid core and gases, not orbiting as a planet. No light source was close to it.

Someother time after the initial creation of all things, As the spirit ( presence or embodiment or craft) of God was moving through the face of the waters - God has been in the business of creation long before now, having made heaven and this gaseous earth. And Probably other places.

As His spirit was moving through this zone of his creation, He came upon the earth and was moving over the surface of the waters in darkness.

Then said He, let there be light. He made a sun for the earth. Creating a light source.

He went further to create a system that made a distinction between the period of light and period of darkness. Hence made earth day and earth night- or more technically, he induced the earth to rotate around its longitudinal axis.

So he started the process of terraforming the earth, long after he initially made it.

He separated the waters, waters above and below by creating a firmament - Atmosphere
The Air Atmosphere seperated the waters above clouds from those below - ocean

He called the firmament heaven- reference to the rest of the system out of our normal abode. Remember, this is the earth God is demarcating the waters , so heaven goes beyond the firmament and water above.

God then seperated actual water from the rest of the liquids below forming oceans and
Further
He coalesced dry land from the liquids below- we know this could have been achieved by cooling the liquids. Hence solids formed, creating a crust over the remaining liquids under the firmament. So he made dry land and seas, below them is still the mass of the liquid, which remains liquid today and which we call magma.

God, then made the earth bring forth plants according to their kinds. Like it or not, the process of the earth bringing forth species or varieties by their kinds is Evolution. God seeded or started the evolution of plants first. He did not sit to make each one, but used a process of mass production and optimizations which we today term Evolution. It could not have happened if he did not start it.

In my use of the term Evolution, I have excluded the part of it that claims the first cells started from dormant waters. From computer simulations Evolution needs someone intelligent to create the starting point and also set the optimizations objectives- that's what God did.

God made further lights source, such that there will be effects of seasons, months and years in addition to the effect of days he had made earlier - So in today's terms, He made the satellite moon to reflect the light of the sun. The moon gave us the effect of months. He skewed the plane of the sun to the earth, creating the effect of winters, Summer, Atumn and spring. He also made the earth rotate or revolve around the sun to make a cycle of seasons forming 1 year.

God, then made the waters bring forth sea creatures and birds or winged creatures according to their kinds. Like it or not, this process of the water bringing forth species or varieties by their kinds is Evolution. God seeded the evolution of sea creatures first. He did not sit to make each one, but used a process of mass production and optimizations which we today term Evolution. It could not have happened if he did not start it.

Note that in line with scientific observations, birds evolved from water creatures - reptiles just like Genesis 1:20 says. Birds evolved from the waters.

God, then made the earth bring animals or land creepers according to their kinds. Birds were already there before this. Again Like it or not, the process of the earth bringing forth species or varieties by their kinds is Evolution. God seeded or started the evolution of land animals by the earth, they evolved from the solid crust, not from water. He did not sit to make each one, but used a process of mass production and optimizations which we today term Evolution. It could not have happened if he did not start it.

Last, God called others, and persuaded them to make man in their image. And He did not command any thing to bring forth man, rather He made him himself.

Gen 2:7 tells us how he made man. It says He took of the stock or dust of the ground. This means man is similar to other products of the ground for earth. The animals which are already living things share the same nature with man all coming from the ground. But to man, He added something utterly unearthly or alien in nature,
His own breath or nature, and man became not just a living thing, but a living soul. Capable of doing some things similar to what God does. Man can build and create things, in shadowing of What or Who God is- a Creator. So we shadiw or mimick his activities in creation. ( note I said mimicked, not match)

My question is,
1. if God could terraform the earth as He did, why do we think he could not have done it else where apart from the earth? The scripture never said we are His only creation. The only thing unique to us is being made in His image - that breath he gave us.

2. If God made and left an earth that was without form and void- a gaseous and liquid planet, why would you say he did not make more than one when he made the universe ( earth (1) and heaven ( plenty other things))

3. If God terraformed the earth, who says if we find a similar planet without form and void, but full of oxygen hydrogen and water. Who says we cannot terraform it, we will not be making anything new, just changing what is already there. In case you are wondering about the sun, it is just a massive nuclear reactor, more like finding a docile stable planet and lighting it up with nuclear fire or chain reactions.

Re: Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth by shakabulaar: 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
mercy87:
Righteousness89. I am thinking of the best way to respectfully pass this message across. You're not portraying Christ rightly. You're very narrow-minded in the way you present Christ here.

God is the chief scientist. He owns science. He created all these things. You don't expect the Bible to bring out every detail. If all was written in details even the world will not contain the Word. John 21:25

Scientists are discovering things already created by God. The secret things belongs to the Lord and it's the honor of men to search it out. Proverbs 25:2. Daniel 2:22

Scientists seek to discover what God has already created and there's nothing wrong with that. Ye are gods. Psalm 82:6. We are the children of God. Just like God is a/our creator, we his offspring (man) have brilliant, intelligent abilities, mindset and great initiatives to create and discover.

Sometimes they (scientists) get it right in their search, sometimes they are wrong which is okay because only God is the Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.
God is all knowing, everywhere and all powerful. He created everything and gave us (Man) wisdom to create other lesser stuffs.

While winning souls for God, please be wise to not present yourself as a rigid, narrow-minded, dust clouded, negative mind against science. God is super intelligent. Infact He is intelligence himself, He is exciting and He is Holy.
was thinking the same.
our bros de try but with most comments i read from him, there more.
there are things yet to be discorved made by God

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The African Continent Is Slowly Peeling Apart, A New Ocean Will Be Created / Massive Crocodile Ripped Off A Boy’s Head & Swallowed Him In Costa Rica / Hundreds Of 'Evil-Eyed' Fish 'Deadlier Than Cyanide' Found On Beach In Cape Town

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99