Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo (22118 Views)

Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation / Akeredolu: I Am Still In The Governorship Race / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by damiloladuke: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
ok
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by 6digitscomrade: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

Stop displaying your inherent ignorance Bro,

Tertiary Education is free in most part of the world and those who are not free, students have access to loan, grant and scholarship.

These are countries with free tertiary public schools for their citizens.

1. All European countries
2. Argentina
3. Brazil
4. Iran (If you passed entrance examination)
5. Cuba
6. Uruguay
7. Mauritus
8. Russia (higher grade)
9. Sri Lanka
10. Philippine
11. Thailand
12. Trinidad and Tobago
13. Tanzania
some ignorance are pathological bro.. they won’t research to emancipate their minds and expand their horizons but quick to invite reproach to their families owing to their own cognitive dissonance..

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by NevetsIbot(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
sinkhole:
Any candidate that says tuition fee will be reduced should be stoned, because such is a liar!
Quality education need money and that money must come from those who desires the education.

Tell me what the new fees that have been paid for two years have done in the said schools.

Adekunle Ajasin has no WiFi set up for students anywhere in school premises..
Shortage of classrooms despite the new fees and definitely worsened health care system..

Do you even know what you are saying?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Aketi is blunt
He is not an hypocrite

He doesn't do "eye service"

Please do not mistake tyranny or arrogance for honesty. They're not the same.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Charmingrascal(m): 9:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Kweensavvy:

This is not tyranny, it is being blunt and honest.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by 6digitscomrade: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
frankmoney:
you are still saying same thing , and trying to act intelligent . The point is Nigeria doesn't implement same policies with those countries so how do you expect them to have same amenities ? .

Nigeria govt can't account for taxes
We don't even have a proper database for citizens
Nigeria even when we were 4th highest oil producing nation we still weren't as rich as Germany .

You don't just wake up and declare free tuition , there must be system set in place for that

You are the one who's actually saying trash .....
lol thrash man!! Thrash!! How long will the citizens or should the citizens bear the brunt for ur looting and misplaced priorities? U are one of the problems of this country.. u are the type referenced by fela suffering and smiling.. pointing out where u nose dived u are still justifying it .. Shame on u .. u need to reminisce ur future isn’t bright if u continue to adorn such practices..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by NevetsIbot(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Ustec:

As if other governor elect will support it, he is just being sincere before you lots start shouting scam.
How Will you pay the lecturers salaries if students don't pay tuition fee?
Use your Head Mr man, there is no free tertiary education anywhere, only scholarship is free and it is been paid for.

They talked about reducing tuition fee not removing it... Akeredolu increased the tuition fee buy over 400%

They're asking if he's gon reduce it.

The former school fees of just ten AAUItes would even pay a professor more than his salary... And AAUA has over 18k students...... Would the lecturers starve?

Would there not be enough to run the university?
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by frankmoney(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
6digitscomrade:
lol thrash man!! Thrash!! How long will the citizens or should the citizens bear the brunt for ur looting and misplaced priorities? U are one of the problems of this country.. u are the type referenced by fela suffering and smiling.. pointing out where u nose dived u are still justifying it .. Shame on u .. u need to reminisce ur future isn’t bright if u continue to adorn such practices..
it's either comprehension is your problem , or you choose to be plainly dumb. So this is the last time I will respond to you

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2020
eldoradoxx:
Akeredolu is a beneficiary of Awolowo's free education but he is not ready to give same to Ondolites. For a state that receives monthly allocation from the federal government in the excess of 10 Billion naira each month, where the governor's security vote is over #700 million while his office is run with 150 million naira per month, reducing school fees shouldnt be an issue. Give Ondo State university a monthly subvention of #500 Million naira for payment of staff salaries and running cost. Nigerians are jokers.

God bless you abundantly sir, I just find it very funny the way some people defend all these wicked leaders. They should simply create an endowment fund and invest in US or UK if they can't afford the instabilities of Nigeria economy and use the profit to run the university

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Grandmeister(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2020
That’s fine and good. My problem is Nigerians who are too cowardly to ask and demand their due rights from the appropriate quarters..but they will want the privately run universities to make tuition fee ‘affordable to the poor’ because say na church dey run am..this is a government that you voted, that you pay taxes to and gets oil allocation but una no go fit ask dem to provide the dividends of democracy for una..na to follow freeze dey shout like banshees ontop church heads..cowardly people!
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by NevetsIbot(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Kweensavvy:

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by emilo2bad: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2020
Angel2006:
Only a foolish person will vote APC ever again. Bag of Rice is 37k, suffering and smiling country. Hissses. If Mimiko make school fees reasonable enough so the rich and poor can send their kids to school that means is doable. Aketi is an enemy of the poor.
My friend you are not saying the truth during a Abacha regime how much was bag of rice (850)so don't use rice to compare thing during mimiko allocated was buoyant so if anyone talk of reducing school fees is a lair

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by 6digitscomrade: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2020
frankmoney:
it's either comprehension is your problem , or you choose to be plainly dumb. So this is the last time I will respond to you
u are the confused one infact I think u are delusional thinking u wrote all I wrote..
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by proffemi: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

But can you compare the quality of free tuition Germany schools and Nigeria non tuition free school quality.
Tertiary education is never free.
In the case of Germany, it is funded through a heavy tax regime.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by proffemi: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2020
onecoder:

Its free in germany, austria.
Mr i too know.

Actually, *you* are the one conveniently forgetting that citizens pay for the "free" education through heavy taxes.
Or perhaps you didn't know?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Akaegwu(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2020
You people want to brand him a lie Mohammed if he promises that without fulfilling it.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Slimdaddy2: 10:02am On Oct 08, 2020
aremuforlife:
Akeredolu has said the fact, any contestant that said otherwise is not saying the truth. Tertiary Education is not free all over the world.
I like the man for being blunt,he would have used that opportunity to lie for his campaign but he didn't. Nigerians don't want the truth, Jegede might say he will make the tuition fee 1k and if voted in at the end nothing will happen....the apc government is a perfect example

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by ModestGal(f): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2020
SmartPolician:
Just like someone once said, we love free things in this country. But when we see the negative impact, we start complaining.

Without fear of contradiction, university education is not for everyone because it is veryyyyyyyy expensive.

In this part of the world, we make it look as though everyone must attend high institutions. It's wrong! We need to develop our technical capacity by funding our vocational and technical schools.

Universities are supposed to be self-financed institutions that pioneer research and development in countries.

But our universities are glorified secondary schools because of institutional corruption and poor funding.

Ondo State varsities should keep their tuitions high, but make sure they produce employable, world-class graduates.
Like, since they have been increasing tuition fees, the state of affairs of Universities keep going down. I pity hypocrites like you

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:

This is not tyranny, it is being blunt and honest.

Honest and blunt about what? Increasing fees that ought to be free? See what a Nigerian is supporting.

Gosh you people have customised oppression...it has become so recurrent that Nigerians have rebranded it, owned it and given it different appealing names...honesty, blunt...this that.

I have accepted the fact that only God can come down himself and deliver Nigeria with his bare hands.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by proffemi: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

Stop displaying your inherent ignorance Bro,
Tertiary Education is free in most part of the world and those who are not free, students have access to loan, grant and scholarship.
These are countries with free tertiary public schools for their citizens.

It's the smart ones like you that get themselves and others into trouble. Tertiary education is not free anywhere. Countries with "free" tertiary education fund it from substantially increased taxes. Here's a chart I got from a friend. It doesn't contain your full list of countries, but I'm sure you can complete the chart if you so desire.

Summary: for a country with low tax regime like Nigeria, STOP EXPECTING FREE TERTIARY EDUCATION!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by SmartPolician: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2020
ModestGal:

Like, since they have been increasing tuition fees, the state of affairs of Universities keep going down. I pity hypocrites like you

I doubt you understand the meaning of hypocrisy if you grasped the last paragraph

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
Wisedove:
He is very factual here and I like him for that. Politicians do lie about what they want to do but will end up doing nothing.
And as for those comparing schools here to Germany I think you're not ready to face reality because Germany can not be compared to Nigeria in all ramifications.
Why don't you ask yourself this question 'what is the the least tuition fee of state university in all states in Nigeria? Find out this before you criticise Akeredolu for saying the fact

Yeah, Germany cannot be compared to Nigeria because they value education more than we do
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2020
If Ondo youths have sense, they'll use this opportunity to vote this man out for this mistake. Surprised people are clapping for him for making this dumb statement when election is just few days away.This ought to be his undoing in any sane clime.

Akerodolu: I will NEVER reduce your tuition. Education is not free! angry

Masses: "Awww he's so honest... kiss"

Wow people can really be daft.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Gabbriell: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
DenreleDave:
OK.

Then we shall reduce ur governance

grin grin grin Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by olat86(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
sinkhole:
Any candidate that says tuition fee will be reduced should be stoned, because such is a liar!
Quality education need money and that money must come from those who desires the education.

Are you saying, common level play ground should not be giving to the poor?. How many families can afford 3square meal like yours?, fingers are not equal.
How many students has he given scholarship to?
Even if there is scholarship, is it not the children of the nobles that enjoys it?.
You are not a good hearted man and you will do worst than bello and Aketi combine.
Even said, I will have compassion on who I will have compassion.
If any one, be in power and does not feel concern for the middle and low class citizen, he /she is a devil incarnate, and an infidel.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by danilmo: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Johnnyessence:
I am not prepared to reduce tuition fees of our universities
- Gov. Akeredolu
Ondo youths don enter one chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqD8elBPP0w

Seems u came with sugar coated propaganda hoping to get sympathy but got the unexpected bashing instead.

As for me education isn't free any longer. u can go to where u have it free, In love with aketi with his bluntness. not like d serial nigerian politician who will promise to build bridge in the cloud. 1$-1# of buhari

I think we need AKETI more than ever in Ondo state.

Even Jegede only pointed to 3LG without Infrastructure out of 18 LG. I think AKETI has tried and should be given another chance for continuity sake.

cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Bimpe29: 10:22am On Oct 08, 2020
This is enough reason to vote PDP come Saturday 10th, October Gubernatorial Election in Ondo State. Alas, some irrational electorates will still waste their votes.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2020
proffemi:

Actually, *you* are the one conveniently forgetting that citizens pay for the "free" education through heavy taxes.
Or perhaps you didn't know?
Get your facts right.
And international students pay for the education they get through what?
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Charmingrascal(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Kweensavvy:

Honest and blunt about what? Increasing fees that ought to be free? See what a Nigerian is supporting.

Gosh you people have customised oppression...it has become so recurrent that Nigerians have rebranded it, owned it and given it different appealing names...honesty, blunt...this that.

I have accepted the fact that only God can come down himself and deliver Nigeria with his bare hands.

No need for all these tantrums.
You are changing the subject of discourse

I am not saying education is not suppose to be free I am saying he is being blunt and honest for clearly stating the fact that he is not reducing tuition fee.
It is honesty because he didn't lie inorder to get a 2nd term, he said the truth even with the fact that he seeking reelection.

Au revoir!

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by proffemi: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2020
onecoder:

Get your facts right.
And international students pay for the education they get through what?

Please don't quote me unless you know what you're talking about. I just posted a chart above that should stop all the ignorant babbling.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by West2019(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2020
oga why increasing the Fee's badstard idiot
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 10:26am On Oct 08, 2020
proffemi:

Tertiary education is never free.
In the case of Germany, it is funded through a heavy tax regime.

What's the meaning of tuition free oga, you seems dumb and incoherent. There is nothing free in this world except nature. What you're not paying for directly is assume to be free, whether it's funded by grant, endowment, tax, donations scholarship etc. Since you're not paying for the service directly it's free, you need to consult your dictionary analphabetic fatuousness being.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bamidele Salam Visits Ademola Adeleke In Ede (Pictures) / How Dambazzau Stole And Spent NNPC Money - Sahara Reporters / PDP Members Celebrating Supreme Court Victory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.