Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo (22120 Views)

Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation / Akeredolu: I Am Still In The Governorship Race / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

Yeah sure, but we are the one who will bear the cross of the under develop educational system evidence are in the northern part of our country
Hmm. That’s true though. Another way of looking at it
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Meto1234(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
aremuforlife:
Akeredolu has said the fact, any contestant that said otherwise is not saying the truth. Tertiary Education is not free all over the world.
proffemi:

If you saw the chart I posted, then you know that Nigeria's tax regime can't support free education programmes.

But as I said in another post, continue the demand for free tertiary education, you hear? You will soon get it. But when you do, nobody go tell you when you go waka borrow money attend Covenant University. Of course by then, you and the FG would have totally wrecked public tertiary education.

All I would have to say then would be "congratulations, you got what you wanted".
aremuforlife:
Akeredolu has said the fact, any contestant that said otherwise is not saying the truth. Tertiary Education is not free all over the world.
from 30k To 150k abeg were u dey skul self .ill
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by proffemi: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Meto1234:

Skul? You tink sey na everibodi here bi ur mate? (hey, just trying to speak your lingo grin )
Not a student mate. Countless students born after I started lecturing have graduated from the university.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by danilmo: 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
Meto1234:

u aren't even ashamed of urself. 30k?? na primary school??

even Federal school are currently paying 60 to 100.

ask medic in U.I that are paying close to 200 oga.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Mightyartthou: 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
A vote for PDP is a vote for good governance and leadership. Ondo People should come out in large numbers and VOTE OUT APC/AKETI..... Learn from Federal Next Level, See the next level we are in now!!!

VOTE PDP
VOTE EYITAYO JEGEDE.
EYI LO LE SE OOOOO.....
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by 9jahotblog: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Akeredolu should be rejected on every side. enough is enough of his clueless government in ondo state. otoge.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Mightyartthou: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
danilmo:

u aren't even ashamed of urself. 30k?? na primary school??
even Federal school are currently paying 60 to 100.
ask medic in U.I that are paying close to 200 oga.

Get your facts right Mr.Man
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
danilmo:

Seems u came with sugar coated propaganda hoping to get sympathy but got the unexpected bashing instead.

As for me education isn't free any longer. u can go to where u have it free, In love with aketi with his bluntness. not like d serial nigerian politician who will promise to build bridge in the cloud. 1$-1# of buhari

I think we need AKETI more than ever in Ondo state.

Even Jegede only pointed to 3LG without Infrastructure out of 18 LG. I think AKETI has tried and should be given another chance for continuity sake.

cheers.
just get out of my mention here, and they will be claiming that they are replicating Pa Awolowo education legacies. Awon ole jatijati.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
hush15:

I tell you, rather than Agboola to win, Aketi would prefer Jegede to win be that o.

That man really felt betrayed but I buy into his thought. Jegede is more qualified that Agboola.

Agboola sees it more like an entitlement rather than service.
jegede is the people's choice.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
6digitscomrade:
and the western dream of awolowo goes through the window yet again diz time brazenly
yes, the ones that enjoyed his free education and low tuition fees are the ones that is increasing the tuition fees of all the tertiary education. they will surely regret their actions. Awon ole jati jati.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ustec:

As if other governor elect will support it, he is just being sincere before you lots start shouting scam.
How Will you pay the lecturers salaries if students don't pay tuition fee?
Use your Head Mr man, there is no free tertiary education anywhere, only scholarship is free and it is been paid for.
I don't subscribe to that here, seyi makinde of Oyo state did the needful by reducing the tuition fees of all the tertiary education the late Ajimobi increased why he was in power for 8 years.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awesome007:

Camping promises is just a strategy to win election. The man refuses to play politics by making promise he know he won't fulfill.
he's just a clueless destiny murderer here, the poor lads will be shortchanged of education in Ondo state with the rate their school fees were increased. this is not the promised Akeredolu promised why campaigning in 2016.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
proffemi:

Nigerians like free things, yet they'll be the first to complain about the quality.
Free tertiary education? Kwantinue.
the ones that are ruling us met it like that and it's totally free.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
edoairways:

It is for the best
nope, but to shortchanged the poor lads to be educated in all these Tertiary institutions.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Johnnyessence(m): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Charmingrascal:

Do u stay in Ondo or you are typing this from Abia?
you stop mentioning me here, Akeredolu is a clueless treasury looter and destiny destroyer.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by edoairways: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Johnnyessence:
nope, but to shortchanged the poor lads to be educated in all these Tertiary institutions.
That way, the university will grow. Next is to introduce soft loan package to those who consider schooling

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by Babastrong(m): 2:00am On Oct 09, 2020
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. a good candidate'll not say what he can't do.
Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by felony101(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2020
Nigerians we love being lied to and misled he is saying he cannot reduce because there are responsibilities do u expect him to reduce n can't meet up n lectures start striking?? Even FG currently Federal institutions have increased fees talk less of a state... Biko let's face d truth always..

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo by nairalanda1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 22, 2023
proffemi:
The problem with most Nigerians and the reason why the ruling class will play them like fiddles forever is that they are always penny wise, pound foolish. The want the verisimilitude of getting their rights, even if they are actually being swindled. The elites know this, so they manipulate them by singing populist songs while mortgaging their futures.

Nothing is ever FREE. Not education, not healthcare. Someone is paying for it. In the countries you are comparing yourselves to, they fund thee programs through heavy taxes. Here in Nigeria, you don't want to pay taxes, yet you don't want to pay for education. Everyone (even ASUU sometimes!) seems to assume government will fund everything from oyel money. Never going to happen.

So what happens? The elites smirk and make the promise you what you want to hear. Because you do not deserve honest leaders.

Consider what happened to secondary education in Nigeria. After so many years of the masses demanding for free secondary education, they now have it. But guess what? Except for a few notable exceptions, "free" secondary education is a sad mistake that I m sure nobody on this thread will go for unless they had no choice. The poor think they have won that battle. The elites simply smirk again as their kids who attended expensive private schools grab all the openings in sight, while the children of the poor suffer for their parents' collective myopia.

A friend in one of the best departments in my university recently carried out a survey. He found out that over 90% of students in his department who took the survey were admitted from private (paying) secondary schools. So what happened? The poor got their "free" secondary education, but it is basically useless. Most of them struggle to get into polytechnics. They graduate and then start cursing the FG and creating Nairaland threads about how their education is useless.

How won't it be useless? They got the "free" education they wanted.

Take it from me, education cannot be "free" and "fit for purpose". You have to choose one. And while you do it, respect the man who has the balls to tell you the truth, because the one who will smirk and lie to you is waiting to destroy your life and those of your children with a useless free product.

Words on marble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bamidele Salam Visits Ademola Adeleke In Ede (Pictures) / Court Orders INEC To Resume Voter Registration / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.