Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions (8872 Views)

Questions For The Sunni/salafi And Shia / Vedaxcool Please Answer:Who Is The Sunni 'Imam Of The Time'? / Is It Safe To Call Yoruba Muslims Shite Muslim While Hausa Muslims The Sunni Mus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2011
uplawal:

I even have a Nigerian Sunni brother that works there as Quantity Surveyor when Shia Citizens are jobless.
Hello uplawal,is he from Ekiti?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Illusion,Ape obey,and who are you?

I wrote all that all because i see your brain is not functioning as it should

Again get out of here,as a matter of fact you are not a muslim,so what are you doing here?

Always making fool of himself,

I just saw your stupidity again,saying am going for ifa,you should not have been blind to see i was only saying It should not be looked down upon cos thats what the indigenous Africans/your great great grandfather did before they accepted Christianity

Carry your madness go christian/athiest section and dnt show it here.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Hymen,no,Hes a muslim from Ogun state.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
uplawal:

@Illusion,Ape obey,and who are you?

I wrote all that all because i see your brain is not functioning as it should

Again get out of here,as a matter of fact you are not a muslim,so what are you doing here?

Always making fool of himself,

I just saw your stupidity again,saying am going for ifa,you should not have been blind to see i was only saying It should not be looked down upon cos thats what the indigenous Africans/your great great grandfather did before they accepted Christianity

Carry your madness go christian/athiest section and dnt show it here.
Take it easy dear,no need to get angry. just ignore.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by miftaudeen(m): 10:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
@uplawal,just cool down he needs personal orientation on how to contribute to an issue.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
I just wonder why saudi(Sunni)govt would send troops to kill them in Bahrain,all in the name of supporting the royal sunni family that came in as settlers,and killing the majority indigines(shia) all because the indigines want the end to the Americanian puppet regime in their country,sometimes i wonder if people are actually muslims?many injustic i can't take no more.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
uplawal:

I just wonder why saudi(Sunni)govt would send troops to kill them in Bahrain,all in the name of supporting the royal sunni family that came in as settlers,and killing the majority indigines(shia) all because the indigines want the end to the Americanian puppet regime in their country,sometimes i wonder if people are actually muslims?many injustic i can't take no more.
I have been living in Bahrain for many years now,the situation is not exactly as you have presented it.

The opposition gave in to their extremist wing. The started killing pakistanis ,indians 2 days ago.

Bahrain has one of the highest quality of life in the world,so its sad these guys have allowed themselves to be used by unscruplous religios leaders.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
hymen:

I have been living in Bahrain for many years now,the situation is not exactly as you have presented it.

The opposition gave in to their extremist wing. The started killing pakistanis ,indians 2 days ago.

Bahrain has one of the highest quality of life in the world,so its sad these guys have allowed themselves to be used by unscruplous religios leaders.

Damn it, i had lots of sympathy for some of the opressed shia in Bahrain , why are they doing this. They should not turn this in to sectarinism like som eshias want it to be. Sectarian clashes would not enable them attain what they want to. If the copts and muslim could come together to bring down mubarak , it could be done in Bahrain as well.

Sectarian objectives just plays into the hand of the stupid house of Saud and their Bahraini stooges. This is my crux with Lagosshia on here as he himself is turning this uprising inot sectarinism. We would never move foward as a nation with all these sectarianism.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by vedaxcool(m): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
hymen:

Life is not all about comfort, or are you trying to say if the white man was to enslave and let you leave comfortably you will forgo your freedom? Pls the minority rulership that does not consult with its people but instead denies them their legitimate political rights has no right to continue to lord over the people, no matter how comfortable you actually are leadership is above food and comfort but centres around Justice and accountability, their being used by their religious leaders(A story you invented) does not mean they should not ask for their rights, as long as the majority of people you lead do not want you or your dictatorial tendencies to rule them, then you should just leave. I notice because you are a Christian you believe Dictatorship is cool for muslims, so long as it grants you your comfort. I wonder when the Black man will be able to see beyound food and comfort and insist on their rights?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
vedaxcool:

Life is not all about comfort, or are you trying to say if the white man was to enslave and let you leave comfortably you will forgo your freedom? Pls the minority rulership that does not consult with its people but instead denies them their legitimate political rights has no right to continue to lord over the people, no matter how comfortable you actually are leadership is above food and comfort but centres around Justice and accountability, their being used by their religious leaders(A story you invented) does not mean they should not ask for their rights, as long as the majority of people you lead do not want you or your dictatorial tendencies to rule them, then you should just leave. I notice because you are a Christian you believe Dictatorship is cool for muslims, so long as it grants you your comfort. I wonder when the Black man will be able to see beyound food and comfort and insist on their rights?
Unfortunately your comments are gleaned form the news wires. I LIVE HERE ! What rights has your govt in Nigeria given you ??

Does your country guarantee you unemployment benefits,free medical,free education and subsidised housing,uninterrupted electricity,almost zero crime rate(no such thing as 'armed robbery' here) and the list goes on ?

Is there room for improvement? Of course ! The political situation now is much better than it was 10 years ago and is the best in the gulf (along with Kuwait),everyone agrees its going slowly,but do you have to bring down the country to achieve this??

Lebanon is the most democratic country in the middle east and everyone will tell you its probably the most unstable.

Look at Iraq now with its 'democracy'. The situation in Bahrain is unique and must never be allowed to be sectarian.

Is there corruption?Absolutely ! Are the royal family screwing everybody - yes ! But in the final anaysis what matters is quality of life and human rights.

You must not give up one for the other.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lagosboy:

Damn it, i had lots of sympathy for some of the opressed shia in Bahrain , why are they doing this. They should not turn this in to sectarinism like som eshias want it to be. Sectarian clashes would not enable them attain what they want to. If the copts and muslim could come together to bring down mubarak , it could be done in Bahrain as well.

Sectarian objectives just plays into the hand of the silly house of Saud and their Bahraini stooges. This is my crux with Lagosshia on here as he himself is turning this uprising inot sectarinism. We would never move foward as a nation with all these sectarianism.
You are right. There has always been the suspicion that Iran is getting involved. Buts the violence was really unnecessary. The extremist Shia politician is one Mushaima,he was in self exile in the UK,but came back 2 weeks ago as part of govt reforms.

However he said he wants the King to be deposed ! And led protests to the Kings area which is Sunni and that escalated the situation,he also encouraged his supporters to protest in secondary schools !!! And of course the sunni student would stand for it,it led to a stabbing in a girls secondary school last week.
It came to a head 2 days ago when they prevented everyone from going to work by blocking the highways and instigated fighting at the University of Bahrain ,btw sunni & shia. The Mushaima guy tried to escape back to London yesterday ,but was prevented

The govt had little option in my opinion. Yes it played very well into the govt hands,but thats what you get when you allow extremists to take over your peaceful protests.

Really sad this paradise has been turned into this.

The people blaming the US don't know whats going on.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Proesters obviously had more than protests on their minds . . .  grin
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hmmmm,it seems hymen know more than the majority of bahranis,talk is cheap,especially when its unlimited broadband.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hymen incase you dnt know,know now that,any news press tv comes up with is authentic.I also wondered how you know more than the millions of baharain crying their eyes out and dnt mind to die in other for their demands to be met?
Also,from every indications it seems you just jump up here and concluded that the protestants which consists of the majority of the shia muslims are extremist,pls how are they?should they be tagged as one simply cos they demanded their right?may be you dnt know the meaning of extremism/extremist,pls try and come up with something better.

Furthermore,could you differenciate between those potestants(unarmed) and rulingfamily(sunni)forces armed from inception and killing innocents bahrains that are merely protesting for change,and they've been killing and injuring this people since it started real,and you tell me who the extremists are,if not the govt,and you are here giving false news saying you leave there,and so?i can also tell you,the sunni brothers(Nigerian)brothers that leaves there were still short of words,cos they could not beleive what the Sunni royal familybeen doing,those are the brothers i know to be truthful regardless of sect.
And the last straw was the saudis intervention in this,not even to settle things peacefully but did more harm than imagined,all in the name of supporting the royals on the detriments of the masses,thats so cruel and Allah does not like that i must say.Since you said the Islamic Iran leaders are involved,pls tell me?was their involvement not been peacefull?were they telling the shia people to carry weapons?NO,they were only encouraging the protestants so they dnt get intimidated by the govt crackdown, but the Saudis stepped there and killed as they like in favour of the ruling family,
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
@,Lagosboy,you can't stop it,its real that its sectarian.
What else do you call it when its two sects involved?
the fact is the real bahrain are the majority,while settlers(sunni) are
very few there,so anything in bahrain for now its sectarian and
dnt generalise it,since the shia will always disagree with you in so many issues
and you too.

Also could you tell me why the ruling family(sunni) would be so disobedient and allow
Allah's enemies in so many ways to turn them against their own people,establishing strong ties with the USA,UK ets,USA in particular, allowing the kufar to establish a military based in their land,is that what islam teaches?
While,in reality the Shia people if however in govt will never succumb to the ideas of west
talk more of making ties weak or strong with the enemies of Allah.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
Hymen is really confused here honestly!
You are the first person that would say the protestants unarmed are violent?
with what na?what do you say about those killing them,peacefull?
pls just stay away from here,as your writeup is not useful.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
Just heard now that the Saudi forces as usual opening firearms on them, stormed manama and salmaniyah hospitals preventing injured protestants from being treated and locking doctors indoor,hame to the SAUDI'S.

EVERYBODY IS AGAINST THEIR ACT EXCEPT THEIR ALLIES(USA and co)joined with hymen.

and see some evil people we call muslims are devils themselves,imagine, saif-IslamGaddafi (LIBYAN RULER IN DISGUISE OF HIS DAD) telling sarkoszy french president to return the money between them all because the french president dnt support Gaddafi's wicked actions lately.am so pissed rightnow,why do we have sunnis as enemies of Islam all the time ,no good thing come out of them.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2011
Again,the Bahraini health housing minister has resigned from office over Royal govt wicked bloody crackdown
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 12:08am On Mar 17, 2011
Dear uplawal,you're getting your updates from the internet. I AM ON GROUND ! When I say they are violent I'm telling you facts on the ground !!

Please have a look at these facebook sites for more information :

http://www.facebook.com/N0thingButTheTruth

http://www.facebook.com/wearebahrain999

You may disagree with my opinion . . not facts.

Total population of Bahrain - 1.2 million
Non-Bahraini - 600,000
Bahrainis - 500,000 (Shia - 370,000 & Sunni - 125,000 ,Jews-37 rest -Christians & others)

So i wonder where you get your 'millions of bahrainis' from ??

Press TV is owned by the Iranian govt ,to say they don't have their own view is like saying NTA does not support the Nigerian govt. undecided

Please dnt present things based on sentiments - give me facts. We are not discussing hadith or Qu'ran here.

I'm happy you have not insulted anyone yet cheesy cheesy
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 17, 2011
SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THE SAUDI AMERICAN PUPPET

Its really disheartning to see why the Saudi govt would take sides with Baharain ruling family because they are Su nni,and cant send troops to Libya and Egypt when the revolution was much on,turned blind eyes to the Palestines and allowing little Isrealis to kill,rape,etc their fellow muslims anyhow since they have ties with the west, but see no harm in sending troops to Bahrain to kill innocent unarmed protestants calling for oust of corrupt american puppet(enemies of Allah).

I remembered when the same hypocrites Saudi cleric saying protest is "UNISLAMIC",imagine? but sending troops and taking sides with corrupt regime is very "ISLAMIC",very foolish wicked thinking i think.All i know is American and Saudi's imperialism on Baharain is definately temporary insha Allah,amin.

Moreso,12Baharaini judges and 6council of members have resigned from office over bloody crackdown on innocent protestant yet HYMEN sees  wickedness on shia people(majority and indegine)protesting innocenty without arms as something she can brag about,sa thats what they get when they allow extremist to take over their peaceful protest,as long as have been following this unrest,the protestants has been so peaceful while the govt been so violent and painted everywhere in blood,and you are here just yarning dust allover your mouth,and what do you mean by ofcourse sunni student would stand up?when the shia themselves never carried firearms,why not carry your investigation go nextdoor and blame the ruling family/saudi forces instaed, cry
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 17, 2011
Press tv is for iranian govt yes i know that,does their reports is false,abegi just go sleep or best still carry your lazy person go naija where you can demonstrate your cowardise attitudes towards the Nigerian govt and not in bahrain,or better still Ghana.

LEAVE BAHRAIN COWARD, you are an ENEMY OF ISLAM.
go hymen go,you are not wanted there.

go shread that your fake report in the machine.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 17, 2011
Ofcourse do you think the Press tv will support a corrupt govt?ofcourse not,

Why do you think shallow,you claimed am getting fact from internet while you sit there on ground giving wrong report,I have very honest people from even sunni brother that i know in bahrain given me fact,even,they never support their Sunni ruling family,i dnt even get report from internet but watch presstv 24/7 since the inception of all revolution.

I call revolting peacefully without firearms peacefull while i call the wicked govt forces violent,ITS UPTO YOU WHATEVER YOU CALL THEM,YOU ARE ONLY A FOREIGNER thats supporting them because they allow you work there?i just hate people that reason like this.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 12:33am On Mar 17, 2011
uplawal:

Ofcourse do you think the Press tv will support a corrupt govt?ofcourse not,

Why do you think shallow,you claimed am getting fact from internet while you sit there on ground giving wrong report,I have very honest people from even sunni brother that i know in bahrain given me fact,even,they never support their Sunni ruling family,i dnt even get report from internet but watch presstv 24/7 since the inception of all revolution.

I call revolting peacefully without firearms peacefull while i call the wicked govt forces violent,ITS UPTO YOU WHATEVER YOU CALL THEM,YOU ARE ONLY A FOREIGNER thats supporting them because they allow you work there?i just hate people that reason like this.
End of discussion ,as I have told you before you are nothing but a trouble maker (aka omo alata).

Trying to reason with you is like arguing with a dining table.

http://brave-bahrain..com/2011/03/cupids-treachery.html
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 9:05am On Mar 17, 2011
More on the 'peaceful protesters' : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=177013975677601&id=170901169622215&aid=36078.

Please no one should get me wrong, the demands are very legitimate and its absolutely impossible to ignore,but once people cross the line of 'peaceful' we can only have chaos.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 9:59am On Mar 17, 2011
I think i understand hymens position and uplawal i feel you too.

I am against the saudi royal family,i am against sectarinism, i supported the legitimate protest of the protesters but we cannot also deny the fact that there are always rogue elements in every riot. Some elements are unconrollable and i think these elements have used the wrong strategy.

Saudi should have stepped in as a big brother trying to mediate and not mediating with troops, the bahrainis should not have cracked down on its own people and the royal family would have been alright if they never discriminated against the shia in anyway. The shia should know better and not try to cause sectarian clashes among citizens and channel their anger solely at the govt.

in the begining of the protests there were sunnis protesting with shias but alienating the sunnis is a catalyst for disaster. I think the battle is lost now and the khalifas would remain in power.

UPlawal please tone down this sunni and sha rubbish , there are shias in iraq working for the US and infact it was the shia iraq that supported the invasion with the exception of Muqtadar a sadr who worked with the sunnis under the instruction or advice of Hassan Nasrallah to fight the US. There is nothing like sunni being friends with the enemies and shia been steadfast. The position of arab govts is differnet to its people. Try to read more on world politics to understand me.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by illusion2: 10:36am On Mar 17, 2011
Good point LB,as always you take the middle road. wink

You go make better politician o ! why not run for councillor or something,seriously

I think the hesitation of the US and other countries to get involved in Libya is as a result of the double standards of arabs (both Sunni & Shia).

Saddam was one of the most hated leaders in the middle east ,he fough both Sunni (Kuwait) & Shia (Iran),the later war lasted for 7 years with over 1 million dead. He meddled in the Palestinian cause by supporting a splinter faction of the PLO(yasser Arafat supported his invasion of Kuwait),as you mentioned he killed most of the prominent shias in Iraq including Muqtada Al Sadr's father as well as most male members of the Al-Hakim family. Like Bahrain Shias are a majority in Iraq,so they were all in support (initially) of the toppling of Saddam.

So to go back on this history and blame America for all Shia misfortunes I think is a bit ingenious.

I do not like American policy generally even in Nigeria -as they have propped up one too many thieving politicians,but to blame them for any intra-muslim or intra-arab problem is being rather myopic in my opinion.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Illussion

Bring all your gulf oil money to catapult me to be president of Nigeria . . . . lols grin grin grin
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Hymen,av always made you to know its better to be (OMO ALATA)than to be an (OMO OLOSHA)Daughter of an armed robber like you,shogbo.

@Lagosboy,actually i dnt really meant it like sectarian issue,but the point is that the two party involved (royal/protestants) are sects themselves,you can't tell me how a sunni would view it the way shia mostly oppressed would view it.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by hymen(f): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
uplawal:

@Hymen,av always made you to know its better to be (OMO ALATA)than to be an (OMO OLOSHA)Daughter of an armed robber like you,shogbo

I can see the virtues of Islam all over you.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
hymen:

I can see the virtues of Islam all over you.
angry Haba ! What do you mean by this?
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Lagosboy: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2011
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,actually i dnt really meant it like sectarian issue,but the point is that the two party involved (royal/protestants) are sects themselves,you can't tell me how a sunni would view it the way shia mostly oppressed would view it.

The royals happen to be sunni but the protesters were not only shia but sunnis and shia.´Their deman was initially for a constitiutional monarchy and the prime minister of 30/40 years step down. That was the wish of many of the folks until this sectarian issue proped up which was the game plan of the royals and saudi from the start. Tag it sectarian, which automatically discreditis the protest and get the sunni pouplation behind the royals.

It is called divide and rule . This is the mistake we all make when we begin to see issue strictly from the pin hole of sects or even religion. There some issues that are purely economic issues and the solution is simply economic. An example is the houthis of Yemen, their aim was soical deprivation and economic troubles which was why they revolted. Some of our sunni scholars tagged it shia uprising and some of our shia brothers tagged it shia uprising, the result was saudi bombing the houthis in yemen.

We muslims have to develop internal solutions and work together like Nasrallah is doing with Hamas and Ahmednijad is doing with Syria and Turkey. My problem with Lagoshsia is the discussion of issues that has been discussed for 1350 years with no solution and thereby fuelling hatred amongst us at a time we need to move on as one entity.
Re: Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Hymen,see whatever,i dnt care
theres no sin in what have done to you,why do you always feel hurt when this comes up?hisses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story / Making Fun Of Islam / Rulings On Abortion In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.