Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

#EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (66996 Views)

2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari / Presidential Campaign: Buhari Deceiving Tinubu, Says Afenifere / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
HazzanTazzan:
Bleep you Mr president...

we dont want a reform any longer... you have promised this reform times without number but nothing gets done and nothings changed.

Disband those bunch of thugs and criminals, create a new special unit where sane and educated Nigerians will be recruited and trained properly to work like special forces of sane countries... british special forces and SWAT consists of educated and sane individuals

That is what reformation is all about.. They only addressed it times without number but keep worsening. So, the stigmatised name and tactical approach should be reformed.. ENDSARS AND CREATE A NEW ONE IS "RE-FORM SARS" while outright scrapping is ENDSARS. I totally support SARS reform, not total ban..
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Sonfethopia: 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
sircatherine45:
What are the functions of SARS?

What are the functions of EFCC?

Nigerians, think!!!

Even ur battary is 1% , we need to protest for power supply.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
Sheuns:

SARS are doing and have done good jobs in apprehending criminals. Evans, the port Harcourt serial killer, offa robbery gang, several notorious kidnappers. I don’t work in the police so there’s no way I can name 100. All I know is SARS is doing a great job and I am not afraid of them. There are bad eggs, yes. But give them the credit they deserve. Most of the people screaming endsars have never had an encounter with them. You average police extorts. It’s a police thing, not just SARS.

Oga, they are not, OK!

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Ategberoson(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:
We wanted a president but God gave us a father.

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

Nigeria needs the youth for agriculture. Simple!

how has the youths that went to farm in plateau, Benue, southern Kaduna, Ebonyi and other States that have insecurities of these herdsmen destroying their crops with useless cow not doing their best

someone like you should be use for ritual because sense is far from you, I don't know how you want to succeed in life with this your senselessness

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by JayCynic(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

Only if third term was possible, Buhari would have gotten it on a platter of gold. You just won the heart of millions of Nigerians that trusted in your leadership. The opinions of few minorities didn't really matter as it is the digitization of our society that needs total reform and not Sars.

Our youths are too preoccupied with the utilization of expensive gadgets at the detriment of our agro-based economy. The recent hike in the prices of rice across the country have the youths to be blamed. Imagine if the youths devote the equal amounts of time they spent in front of their gadgets to agriculture, would there have been an increment in the prices of food stuffs? Imagine if they're spending more time on trees and inside bushes, would Sars still be killing them in scores? The youths are preventing the coming generations from knowing our true calling and the beauty of our culture. Aside crude oil, Nigeria as a nation is known for agriculture as we're still far behind in manufacturing and precise engineering. Our technological feet is strongly questionable as well.

You are not intelligent at all

5 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
Sonfethopia:

Even ur battary is 1% , we need to protest for power supply.
When your life is safe, then we think about that one

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ceejayluv(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
Please stop and think for a while.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. the fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform.
Besides those examples I gave are from three different regions of the country. It's the Same story virtually all over the southern states. That doesn't sound like " some" to me. It's become an ingrained culture And I believe the ones NOT extorting and brutalising innocent citizens are in the far minority.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ibuildstuff(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.
I don't blame u Sha, u donno what's happening in this country. Everything is not as it seems.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by babyfaceafrica: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
greggng:

Sars are police officers ...drafted to handle anti robbery issues ....if the disband them, they will return back to their various units. But I am for their reformation ...let them focus on their core duties ...which is fighting robbers ...let them live ordinary Nigerians alone ....
if they disband them and robbery skyrockets, won't they bring them back? Their will always be an anti robbery squad that wlll misbehave.. The whole. Police force should be reformed.. All this end sars is scratching the surface

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Do you think you are so smart, I am a Night crawler, when Police ask for my Identities, I provide them; our youths needs to live right, they have misplaced their priorities.
We all know the truth, 95% of Nigerian youth from 18 - 25, see fraud as a way of life; defrauding people's hard earn money is no remorse to them, working hard is strange to them. They don't learn trade and they don't school properly.
We are getting it wrong, a time will come the whites will block all of our Cyber crimes and we Nigerians will look for ourselves to defraud.
SARS reform is cool, but let the youth live right.

And do you know that police can brutalise you despite identifying yourself properly... you never see anything...not all youths are fraudsters, OK!

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

A reform is okay but SARS ain't going no where; how many of us as community members have used this protest energy to report fraudulent neighbors; instead we hail them and want to join them in their nefarious activities.
SARS should be reformed, but criminals at all levels should be taken serious, because they are tarnishing our image as Nigerians.
Politicians loot our money, I have never seen Nigerians protest for the right reasons.
Lets keep a deafen ear to this protest my people, and let YAHOO BOYS fight their fight. Our Youths should live right.

Have u used ur own energy to report ur "fraudulent neighbor" to d police? How do u no if d people protesting have "fraudulent neighbors"? If u haven't reported ur own "fraudulent neighbors" to d police, y are u judging others for not doing same even when u don't no d type of neighbors that they have?

U say "criminals at all levels should be taken serious". Pls are SARS not criminals? Or are they law abiding citizens? Are SARS giving Nigeria a good image?

According to u:

"Politicians loot our money, I have never seen Nigerians protest for the right reasons."

Aren't u a Nigerian abi u are now from Kenya? Y haven't protested against politicians looting? When Sowore called for protests, Oga where were u? Did u change nationality?

Pls how is this "Yahoo boys" fight? Can u pls tell me d full meaning of acronym SARS and what is their mandate?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by KKKWHITE(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

A good write up from a wise man.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Theoutsider: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

You blame the youth for detriment of Nigeria!? You think a 16 or 18 year old is suppose to turn around the country? The youth failed because of poor parenting and the parents failed because of poor government.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Primebuilders(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

In my whole life I have never met someone as stupid as this guy. Your stupidity shock me. "If nigeria youth have been spending time in the bushes and trees SARS will not harrass them"

Are u for real. Is that what youth in US and China and Japan are doing. How come you become this stupid

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Roon9(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
myBraine:

What a dumb post. Pukes

4 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by mrkings84(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2020
Big Brother Show: Painful Statistics of what should be an illicit business

Pray for Nigerian youths

Total number of votes cast during Britain Got talent 2017 = 6.2million votes

Total number of votes cast during American got talent 2017 = 52.1million votes.
Note: American population is twice Nigeria's population.

Mind you, most of the votes cast on either Britain or American got talent are *absolutely free* because you can vote on their websites & on the Apps without paying a dime.

Total number of votes cast during “Big Brother Nigeria” 2018 = 170million votes @ N30 per sms for a show that contributes absolutely nothing to their lives.

It is neither a talent show or life enhancing or promoting show. A show where adults are kept in a cage to freely give & take sex on National Television, while the organisers make more money from the youths.

If INEC organises general election this weekend and ask Nigerian youths to vote on their mobile phones @ N10 per SMS to elect leaders that will shape their futures & the country, they will ask Nigerian Government to credit their accounts 1st before they will agree to vote in that magnitude.

“Wasted Generation” ~ Prof. Wole Soyinka called them.

“A generation that play too much, sleep too much and engage in idle chatter and gossip" ~ Chief Obafemi Awolowo foresaw

A generation of illiterate graduates ~ Atiku Abubakar called them in 2016

A generation that are constantly not concerned about the deteriorating conditions of their senses & not bothered about their own future~ Osquare78 knows them.

We all must be wary of this generation.... they are the larger chunk of Nigerian population.

It is pathetic. 170 Million votes Multiplied by N30 = N 5.1 billion and the winner got N25 million plus an SUV worth N12 million a trip and electronics.

To destroy the future, destroy the seed (children and youths)...

Pray for Nigeria youths to open their eyes and for God to touch the hearts of those who engage in such illicit business.

So unfortunate- Culled

REFORM SARS pls.
Don't end it
Criminals and fraudsters ate watching!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
OlowuJohn:

Do you think you are so smart, I am a Night crawler, when Police ask for my Identities, I provide them; our youths needs to live right, they have misplaced their priorities.
We all know the truth, 95% of Nigerian youth from 18 - 25, see fraud as a way of life; defrauding people's hard earn money is no remorse to them, working hard is strange to them. They don't learn trade and they don't school properly.
We are getting it wrong, a time will come the whites will block all of our Cyber crimes and we Nigerians will look for ourselves to defraud.
SARS reform is cool, but let the youth live right.

How did u arrive at d conclusion that "95% of Nigerian youth from 18 - 25, see fraud as a way of life"? What research did u do? Even if true, is SARS d solution to how youths see life?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by adenigga(m): 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
I only pity the innocent ones joining this protest cos they found others doing it. As we know, Nigeria is a country where many do things because they want to be part of a trend.

So many are on this forum praising the protesters and even encouraging people to kill SARS while they themselves are at home hiding.

Of all the things bedeviling this country, why should #endsars be of high priority if not that some professional fraudsters are behind this?

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Tell me what is working in the world and I will mention it's flaws to you. The fact that some SARS officers misbehave does not mean you call for the eradication of SARS. it beats logic. if you mean business, you should be calling for a complete overhaul or reform. undecided

Mention me all you can, I will only grin @ it. This is a forum where you will see Nigerian youth defend corrupt politicians and yahoo boys openly.. so I won't be surprised when these set of people mention me to defend what they believe in.

For being objective in your analysis,
May............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

May God bless you so much for this insightful post.
If only we have more people like you here.
This is exactly what I have been saying concerning this SARS issue since day one.

Make i borrow this image from the member above...... cheesy

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thanks to South West standing up to the Government.

South South people too stood up.

South East as usual stayed at home hiding under beds & wearing their wives' dresses in fear.

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nathphil(m): 10:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

Because of these professional fraudsters, many of the opportunities to be enjoyed by some of us who wants to earn legitimate income online have been lost. You want to apply for a job online and you find out that you can't do this just because you are Nigerian. If you have had this experience before and you are joining the yahoo boys and armed robbers to call for SARS to be eradicated, you need a brain check.

Let us not take this matter to another angle. So because nah Yahoo boi make Dem kill am on the spot abi. I bet you most Yahoo boiz settle sars wella and innocent boiz die for nothing. After all the dead can not defend himself. After SARs what next. You never can tell. It can be buharimustresign, obianomustgo and so on. The protest is a victory for the masses we have finally conquered our fears.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Buhari my niggar.I dey feel you joor
Teach em some lessons
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
lexy2014:

Have u used ur own energy to report ur "fraudulent neighbor" to d police? How do u no if d people protesting have "fraudulent neighbors"? If u haven't reported ur own "fraudulent neighbors" to d police, y are u judging others for not doing same even when u don't no d type of neighbors that they have?

U say "criminals at all levels should be taken serious". Pls are SARS not criminals? Or are they law abiding citizens? Are SARS giving Nigeria a good image?

According to u:

"Politicians loot our money, I have never seen Nigerians protest for the right reasons."

Aren't u a Nigerian abi u are now from Kenya? Y haven't protested against politicians looting? When Sowore called for protests, Oga where were u? Did u change nationality?

Pls how is this "Yahoo boys" fight? Can u pls tell me d full meaning of acronym SARS and what is their mandate?

I like the way you schooled that demented rogue!

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by lexy2014: 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
mrkings84:

REFORM SARS pls.
Don't end it

Are SARS law abiding Nigerians or criminals? So which criminals are u referring to? Pls what is d meaning of d acronym SARS and what is their mandate? Does it include running after fraudsters?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Sheuns(m): 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
sircatherine45:

Oga, they are not, OK!

You’re right sir.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
Nathphil:
After SARs what next. You never can tell. It can be buharimustresign, obianomustgo and so on.
just as you protested Jonathan must go when your lives was being stolen and looted before your very eyes shey? Empty cries of a wailer.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by DrewMX(m): 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
Oga end SARS jare, which one be calm and reform?
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by sircatherine45(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
mrkings84:
Big Brother Show: Painful Statistics of what should be an illicit business

Pray for Nigerian youths

Total number of votes cast during Britain Got talent 2017 = 6.2million votes

Total number of votes cast during American got talent 2017 = 52.1million votes.
Note: American population is twice Nigeria's population.

Mind you, most of the votes cast on either Britain or American got talent are *absolutely free* because you can vote on their websites & on the Apps without paying a dime.

Total number of votes cast during “Big Brother Nigeria” 2018 = 170million votes @ N30 per sms for a show that contributes absolutely nothing to their lives.

It is neither a talent show or life enhancing or promoting show. A show where adults are kept in a cage to freely give & take sex on National Television, while the organisers make more money from the youths.

If INEC organises general election this weekend and ask Nigerian youths to vote on their mobile phones @ N10 per SMS to elect leaders that will shape their futures & the country, they will ask Nigerian Government to credit their accounts 1st before they will agree to vote in that magnitude.

“Wasted Generation” ~ Prof. Wole Soyinka called them.

“A generation that play too much, sleep too much and engage in idle chatter and gossip" ~ Chief Obafemi Awolowo foresaw

A generation of illiterate graduates ~ Atiku Abubakar called them in 2016

A generation that are constantly not concerned about the deteriorating conditions of their senses & not bothered about their own future~ Osquare78 knows them.

We all must be wary of this generation.... they are the larger chunk of Nigerian population.

It is pathetic. 170 Million votes Multiplied by N30 = N 5.1 billion and the winner got N25 million plus an SUV worth N12 million a trip and electronics.

To destroy the future, destroy the seed (children and youths)...

Pray for Nigeria youths to open their eyes and for God to touch the hearts of those who engage in such illicit business.

So unfortunate- Culled

REFORM SARS pls.
Don't end it

And you think you made sense with this your post?

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
fergie001:

Muhammadu Buhari
Lies! Buhari that is not aware of his own existence can't know anything about the notorious criminals in police uniform called SARS. Stop decieiving Nigerians.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by legba1(m): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
tommy589:
This is surprising!

Don't know Buhari is still concerned about our existence cheesy

Don't be deceived. Haba Shehu wrote those stuff. Bubu no even know say protest dey
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by OlowuJohn: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
ceejayluv:

This is a right protest. If at all you supported the Black lives matter movement, then it Will be hypocritical to denounce the Endsars movement.

Financial And cybercrime investigation is the work of efcc, police fraud unit and Interpol. SARS should face armed robbers, assassins, cultists and kidnappers.
Black lives matter movement, is cool, but if we look at it in the Nigerian space, then is not our problem, because even our own black brothers, Community leaders sell us for peanuts; so I don't see what color matters.
Cybercrime is everyone problem right now, if reforming SARS is the way out then let it be; if is only SARS that disturb these boys at grassroot level then we need to educate SARS on better ways to achieve results via reform.
I know of so many YAHOO BOYS that are scared of leaving their houses because of SARS, that implies they are doing some good job, if the manners in which they carry out their activities is the problem then they need to be trained.
Our youths must not see Cyber crime as a way of life, we should discourage it, this is a war on Cyber crime. Nigerians must be seen as honest hard working people; I don't care the institution that will impose this in the grassroot.
We see JSS2 students involved in CYBERCRIMES and RITUAL, our protest should be CYBERCRIME should stop and Police reform carried out and NOT ENDSARS. OUR YOUTHS SHOULD LIVE RIGHT AND POLICE SHOULD PROTECT THE PEOPLE.
Re: #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform by 1Sharon(f): 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market / Diezani: "I'm In Pains, I Don't Think There Is Anything Doctors Can Do Beyond" / President Buhari Leaves For Japan With Governors Of Kwara, Borno & Lagos States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.