Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381102 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 10:13am On Sep 04, 2013
bolanleife: @ Surety her name is Jaymee Boughton (In bloom midwifery) she is in pearland. But I think she only does home birth. Let me know how it goes.

Got her number already,will call her during official hrs,and give feedback to the thread for the benefit of others who may be interested. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 10:28am On Sep 04, 2013
uchetobi:
If your spouse meets the condition you won't be interviewed either, at least that's the info on The visa website. see below:

Spouses and children under 18 years of age may qualify to apply with parents renewing their visas even if the spouse or children do not meet the above conditions. Please note, however, that children over 18 years must apply independently of their parents even if they are traveling together

Let me rephrase. If your spouse had a full validity visa and you didn't or you had a visa that was not full validity, you can apply alongside your spouse for a renewal since your spouse's visa will "cover" for you(Ideally you ought to have made a new application since you did not meet the conditions of a renewal).However, you both cannot use drop box unless you both had a full validity visa. This means that your spouse who could have used drop box if he/she was renewing alone will have to attend an interview with you (it is still a renewal but you will be interviewed whereas with drop box, you don't go through an interview)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 10:36am On Sep 04, 2013
surety:

Got her number already,will call her during official hrs,and give feedback to the thread for the benefit of others who may be interested. Cheers

Please do, thanks. I also assumed home births were more expensive. Would be glad to get that clarified.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
MsOyin: @babababy did u finally get a hospital in newyork for your wife's delivery?

Oh yes,remember i said I visited wyckoff medical center already, New York is really on the high side. So we using the same hospital,thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolanleife(f): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ Surety OK. I guess you must have seen her website.

@ Dentale home births are cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 1:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
uchetobi: Mrs Bee, howfar, you suppose don enter, let us know how it went at POE ok? safe!

Please how much did you declare or show at POE? Is $8k sufficient? Thats above the invoice the doctor gave me for CS sef. Biko those that have entered should answer me ooo! Una thank u! smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hi everyone, am interested on the home birth can someone with experience brief more on that pleaseeeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
@babababy
Please what's the name of the hospital u opted for in newyork and what's the price range ,my wife leaves NAIja for newyork next Saturday
Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by utcheylee: 5:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
OK
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Dentale:

Let me rephrase. If your spouse had a full validity visa and you didn't or you had a visa that was not full validity, you can apply alongside your spouse for a renewal since your spouse's visa will "cover" for you(Ideally you ought to have made a new application since you did not meet the conditions of a renewal).However, you both cannot use drop box unless you both had a full validity visa. This means that your spouse who could have used drop box if he/she was renewing alone will have to attend an interview with you (it is still a renewal but you will be interviewed whereas with drop box, you don't go through an interview)

Hmm, If I av to go for an interview then so be it. God will go before me. If not for uk that will not give citizenship,wetin I de find for their country b4 sef cheesy
Dentale:

Hmm, If I av to go for an interview then so be it. God will go before me. If not for uk that will not give citizenship,wetin I de find for their country b4 sef Lolz . Am so certain that when I get to dat bridge,I'l cross it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
bolanleife: @ Surety OK. I guess you must have seen her website.

Yes,but she's not spontenous as she hasn't picked her calls since morning....will keep trying,called another one(kellie moller) and her price is 4800. So west houston birth center is still the best offer @4500 for now

@ Dentale home births are cheaper.

They are not ooo, abt same price ranges according to comparism wit the ones I av called...the 4800 is if I pay cash and at once otherwise her price is 5200
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Adeeva: @babababy
Please what's the name of the hospital u opted for in newyork and what's the price range ,my wife leaves NAIja for newyork next Saturday
Many thanks

New York is pretty much on the high side in terms of fees,but I guess the hospital had one of the cheapest rates I got around. the name of the hospital like I mentioned is wyckoff height medical center, you can google info from the web,and below is the first email I got from a certain GLoria ,who is the patient care manager. Although I have seen her personally and was told once we are ready they would surely be a considerable amount of discount for self payment.

If you and your wife will decide to use our institution for delivery, we could provide you with the tour of our facility.

We are a Level III, NICU/Nursery; our Women’s clinic is just across the hospital, very accessible for the mother to be seen by our

OB services for Prenatal check-up prior delivery.

This is the breakdown of the approximate cost of services.

Cost of delivery at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center.

NSVD $7,200 + 693.36 (9.63% NY State Tax) = $7,893.36 Mother and baby, up to 3 days

S/C $9,200 + 885.96 (9.63% NY State Tax) = $10,085.96 Mother and baby, up to 4 days

These fees do not cover the Anesthesiologist and the doctor. All fees are payable prior to admission to the hospital.

Please free to contact me if you need more information about our institution. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Gloria A Palma-Cardona RN, MSN
Patient Care Manager
Maternity/NICU/Nursery
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
374 Stockholm Street ,11th Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11237
Office: (718) 302- 8578 /Pager: 20684
Cell: (917) 509-0944
E-mail: Gcardona@wyckoffhospital.org.

And regarding the cost of doctors, see below

for a normal delivery - if the midwives do it $1500 - this is for low risk, spontaneous delivery. If there is a need to "induce", or there are any high-risk components, and the physician does the delivery - its $2000. I assume there were no prior uterine surgeries, no prior cesarean or fibroid surgery. If cesarean is needed then it is $3500.

Hope this helps, you can always ask additional questions if need be though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
surety:

Hmm, If I av to go for an interview then so be it. God will go before me. If not for uk that will not give citizenship,wetin I de find for their country b4 sef cheesy

Hmm, If I av to go for an interview then so be it. God will go before me. If not for uk that will not give citizenship,wetin I de find for their country b4 sef Lolz . Am so certain that when I get to dat bridge,I'l cross it.

Dear @surety,don't bother yourself too much about visa renewal my dear. One step at a time,try and put all your energy in getting the best care for yourself and your unborn child for now. Worry about visa renewal when you are ready for renewal.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolanleife(f): 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ least the 500 - 700 dollars difference makes it cheaper.send your e-mail let me send some other 1 I knw to you. I guess you have to keep trying the midwive. We actually had a chat. I didn't call her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 10:09am On Sep 05, 2013
hey peeps..how r we? i heard i shd not circumcise my baby in america as they dont know how to do it well in general.. any advice on this. also...any advice on point of entry in america... i am showing that i am pregnant but i dont intend to hide it because i appliedd for my visa and told them i was pregnant...is this ok or shd i still try to conceal my baby bump?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2013
bolanleife: @ least the 500 - 700 dollars difference makes it cheaper.send your e-mail let me send some other 1 I knw to you. I guess you have to keep trying the midwive. We actually had a chat. I didn't call her.

Well ,in my opinion you should try and hide it as much as you can,even though you told them at the embassy that you are pregnant. Embassy and point of entry are two different ball game. The easiest option is going with a six month stamp without being noticed, however if they ask you if you are pregnant ,make sure you tell them the truth,and be prepared to back it up with evidence of ability to pay and contact with hospital. In as much as they tell you to declare your intentions at point of entry,their are still some over zealous CBP officers, who don't think birth tourism should not be allowed. So don't just walk up and say, I am here because I want to have a baby, wait to be asked.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
@babababy
Thanks a lot will tell her to check them ,if there discount for cash payment is reasonable we might opt for them,but if any one as any other options in New York we won't mind
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Babababy:

Well ,in my opinion you should try and hide it as much as you can,even though you told them at the embassy that you are pregnant. Embassy and point of entry are two different ball game. The easiest option is going with a six month stamp without being noticed, however if they ask you if you are pregnant ,make sure you tell them the truth,and be prepared to back it up with evidence of ability to pay and contact with hospital. In as much as they tell you to declare your intentions at point of entry,their are still some over zealous CBP officers, who don't think birth tourism should not be allowed. So don't just walk up and say, I am here because I want to have a baby, wait to be asked.

@Babababy: Your comment is very helpful but you know its a bit dicey. You're saying she should not lie but she shouldnt say that she's there to give birth unless they ask. Their question is usually "what are you here for?" At that point she must say what she's there for which is to give birth. You get what I'm saying abi? Meanwhile nobody wants to tell me whether $8k cash is sufficient to carry in addition to my bank cards. Na so I go reach there this weekend bone una oooo! Hahahahahahaha biko nu "crossees" answer aspiring ones like us o!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
One needs to be careful with these hosp, they overcharge at times and they also do not give you full details so they can gve one ridiculous bills
One of the Financial counselors suggested something to me so I could reduce the bill.she says I can apply for medicaid for the baby and myself , medic aid pays the hospital and. I can refund medicaid the actual amount paid by them, cos she hinted me that medicaid has a standard amount they pay for mother and baby which is lower than the rate the hospital will quote for self paying patients.
Has anyone heard of this or know anyone who has done ths before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobiojo2002: One needs to be careful with these hosp, they overcharge at times and they also do not give you full details so they can gve one ridiculous bills
One of the Financial counselors suggested something to me so I could reduce the bill.she says I can apply for medicaid for the baby and myself , medic aid pays the hospital and. I can refund medicaid the actual amount paid by them, cos she hinted me that medicaid has a standard amount they pay for mother and baby which is lower than the rate the hospital will quote for self paying patients.
Has anyone heard of this or know anyone who has done ths before?

Personally i would advice you not to go down that route?what if it still shows up in your record? And not all parts of medicaid is refundable...at least that has been the experience of several women on this forum who tried refunding medicaid when they couldnt renew their visa...

Do your research well and opt for a hospital which someone on this thread or someone you know personally have reviewed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
uchetobi:

Personally i would advice you not to go down that route? Hat if it still shows up in your record? And not all parts of medicaid is refundable...at least that has been the experience of several women on this forum who tried refunding medicaid when they couldnt renew their visa...

Do your research well and opt for a hospital which someone on this thread or someone you know personally have reviewed

@ Uchetobi I've asked you under several posts how much you declared at POE,but if its an info u dont want to divulge its ok to say so.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mousepad:

@ Uchetobi I've asked you under several posts how much you declared at POE,but if its an info u dont want to divulge its ok to say so.

Sorry I'm not sure if its Uchetobi or Tobiojo, i'm confused but its sha one of u smiley (the one that recently entered yankee)...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mousepad:

Sorry I'm not sure if its Uchetobi or Tobiojo, i'm confused but its sha one of u smiley (the one that recently entered yankee)...

My dear.its mrs bee that recently entered and i asked her about her experience at poe and she has not responded yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mousepad:

I responded to ths already. Again, I decleared 10k at POE, and was told to go fill out a form. Bla bla, I advise u declear 8k or 9k so u don't have to to through that process so u could just gerrout asap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
@mrsbee , how r u, let's have details of ur exprience at POE and the hosp. Wshng you all the very best and safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobiojo2002:
I responded to ths already. Again, I decleared 10k at POE, and was told to go fill out a form. Bla bla, I advise u declear 8k or 9k so u don't have to to through that process so u could just gerrout asap.

Oh ok! Thank you very much!! smiley will do 8k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mousepad:

@Babababy: Your comment is very helpful but you know its a bit dicey. You're saying she should not lie but she shouldnt say that she's there to give birth unless they ask. Their question is usually "what are you here for?" At that point she must say what she's there for which is to give birth. You get what I'm saying abi? Meanwhile nobody wants to tell me whether $8k cash is sufficient to carry in addition to my bank cards. Na so I go reach there this weekend bone una oooo! Hahahahahahaha biko nu "crossees" answer aspiring ones like us o!

You quite right, the truth is,it's not like their is a perfect entry procedure for pregnant women, you can declare you intentions and then the officer decides he doesn't like you. Usually to each his own!! Most people here have manged to enter without telling the officer they are pregnant , so I guess you can rely on your instincts and God for guidance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks a lot will tell her to check them ,if there discount for cash payment is reasonable we might opt for them,but if any one as any other options in New York we won't mind
Thanks

Ok then, I believe you are not traveling with her the ? A friend in New York also gave me a Nigerian doctors phone number ! He says he has been in the business of tourist birth and knows all about it. But I did not call him or make any further enquiry, so I guess it would be useless recommending him to you!! Keep in touch and let's know if you get or hear any better options., will do same from my end.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
@babababy
Thanks, I am not traveling with her,she will be traveling with her mum and our 2 yrs old son,but I will join them for a few weeks after she gives birth in October by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Thanks, I am not traveling with her,she will be traveling with her mum and our 2 yrs old son,but I will join them for a few weeks after she gives birth in October by God's grace

Ok then, all the best . Your wife is due before mine,which is in November. Will see how it goes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 10:06am On Sep 06, 2013
thanks for the response peeps...as for money to take to travel...im only planning to take 2K dolls with me..though i have already paid 2/3 of my hospital bills... taking bank statements and credit card also so they can see i sha have the money... is that too small.. should i take more cash with me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.