Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384256 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by COJ1484: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is doing great? Please i need help in finding a good hospital or clinic or birthing center in Atlanta Georgia, preferably close to Acworth. I have a tight budget of 6K dollars (for I and the baby). This includes everything( Hosp fees, doctor fees, epidural, tests for i and the baby, pediatrics and others). I have family close to Acworth, Georgia so that will help us save cost on accommodation and other expenses. I really appreciate any info shared with regards to this.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2013
I will advise u to check out harbor UCLA in los Angeles California,Is a govt hospital with qualified doctors and reasonable budget plan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doted: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2013
dancewith:

Try Parkland in Dallas.

Hello Dancewith/All,

please do you have any idea or know anyone that has given birth in Parkland or John Peter Smith hospital, Dallas TX??

Dancewith pls did the 5k cover all the costs i.e childbirth,anaesthetics,pediatrics,tests etc? i read from parland reviews online that you get to share a room with 3 or 4 mothers in labor?parkland has horrible reviews online,seems worse than a general hospital in Naija!

there isnt much info on the hospitals . ild appreciate other suggestions of hospitals in Dallas too...thank uuu.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by COJ1484: 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried southern regional medical center at Riverdale Georgia? I am trying to limit my search to the atl,Georgia region because of accommodation costs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dotunbond(m): 1:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ all; this has been very informative. Thank God for all of u. Congrats to all new moms and all the best to all new moms to be.
@emispackage; congrats. i am so happy for you. I hope mine would be as smooth as yours was IJN. i was denied visa before i got married because my dad went on a tourist visa years ago and didn't come back. Now that i am married, i do not know my fate. Travelled with hubby to dubai in january too but i dont know if that would be enough to convince them. Advice from pips is dat i should travel to 2 more countries before i apply again. All preparations and plans i am making now is just in faith oo. Anyone with advice(s), please do tell. it'd be very much appreciated.
@ ringofGod; please what specific catholic church hospital are you using in LA and d specific costs please? i would be very grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beyunce(f): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
For any one that wants to know about Methodist Dallas medical Center.
Their estimated cost for both child and mother for 2 days is 7500$ that's withouht physician fee. When they have your final billl. A 40% discount will be applied to your bill. That is for self pay uninsured patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2013
beyunce: For any one that wants to know about Methodist Dallas medical Center.
Their estimated cost for both child and mother for 2 days is 7500$ that's withouht physician fee. When they have your final billl. A 40% discount will be applied to your bill. That is for self pay uninsured patients.

so with the discount, it is approx. 4,500...not bad!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
mokeju: @ Mousepad.. Whao! Thank God for everything.

House please does this mean one should select the B2 visa category while applying ?

Hey dear, typically you are given B1/B2 visa...they are not usually separated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamaamanda: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hi, I've been a silent follower of this tread and its been very informative. We r expecting and seriously considering having d baby abroad (US precisely).

Please does anyone know any good and affordable hospital in North Carolina cos that's where we have family.

Thanks for d anticipated response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 11:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
Adeeva: @babababy
Thanks you ve been wonderful my family (wife,son and mother inlaw )leaves this coming week for newyork, wifey is not due til end of October but I wnt them to go early and settle well.i will also join them at the end of October for 2 weeks.
At point of entry she will declare she is coming to have her baby and will declare cash of about $13k( though at the interview in April it was holidays we said we wr going for and they never asked if she was pregnant)
Will keep u posted

Hello, hope it went well with your family trip?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 11:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
@babababy
They are leaving tomorrow night, pray for them please
Many thanks ,will keep u posted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 12:06am On Sep 14, 2013
They are leaving tomorrow night, pray for them please
Many thanks ,will keep u posted

It would be well with them ,Amen. I met Gloria again today, and she told me someone else made contact with her? I just believed it would have been you. Anyways we saw the director of finance ,and he offered us 35% discount . Which brings us to $6500 for normal delivery,doctor fee inclusive and three day hospital stay for mother and child, and $ 10,000 for CS and 4 day hospital stay . The contract is quite detailed, and states clearly that the fees covers all process and procedure with no hidden charges . Also got a $50 rate for each antenatal visits instead of $130. Doesn't look as bad as what is sounded like initially, so I guess you guys can consider them as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 8:08am On Sep 14, 2013
@babababy
Great great,amen o
Yea I contacted Gloria and the bill was high ,since you met the financial person I am so relieved
I really appreciate it,this is really cool,was budgeting about $10k and now $6.5 is just great ,she can even do epidural and have excess money for additional shopping.
We will surely go there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2013
@adeeva pls let her be careful about saying she is here to have her baby at poe...if she is not asked no need to say it since she dint declare at the interview.

Of course if she is asked, no need to deny it. But Since she is going early im sure she can effectively disguise it. Pls read baaby's story of poe. Safe journey to them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sheyai: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2013
COJ1484: Hello Guys,

Hope everyone is doing great? Please i need help in finding a good hospital or clinic or birthing center in Atlanta Georgia, preferably close to Acworth. I have a tight budget of 6K dollars (for I and the baby). This includes everything( Hosp fees, doctor fees, epidural, tests for i and the baby, pediatrics and others). I have family close to Acworth, Georgia so that will help us save cost on accommodation and other expenses. I really appreciate any info shared with regards to this.Thanks

Hi my wife had our baby at Gwynette Medical center in Lawrenceville Atlanta. All fees paid inclusive was abt 5k. You may wanna try that out. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
bolanleife: @Surety would sure like to know how t
hings are going with her(Jaymee). Safe delivery.

Sure will keep u posted,paid her initial deposit of 500dols,waiting for my lab results wit her,she has a website for me which has everything abt our visits, the contracts,all my test results,my ultrasound was scanned on it,everything is there...we both have access to it. I really like dat...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 3:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
@uche tobi,its a homebirth which I prefer too,she'l be coming to the house from 36 wks til delivery for prenatal visits,saves me stress and transportation.

@bolanleife,are u pregnant and planning on using her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolanleife(f): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yes I might use her if I get good review from you, but I was quite sceptical when I didn't get plenty reviews on her online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
hello @babababy does the 6500 include everything Asin hospital fees, doc fees, pediatric etc . And did you bring your test results from Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adeeva: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
@babababy
My family just touched down in newyork,will keep u posted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
MsOyin: hello @babababy does the 6500 include everything Asin hospital fees, doc fees, pediatric etc . And did you bring your test results from Nigeria?

Yes ,everything inclusive. We brought test results but they insisted they have to do their own test .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
My family just touched down in newyork,will keep u posted

Oh great, good to know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cuppcakke(f): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello Everybody,

I am amazed at the amount of information on this thread. Thank you so much for being so open and supportive. My due date is in March and I intend to travel to the US as well. I have a long list of questions and I would appreciate if you guys can take out time to answer:

I have been to the US on vacation severally. The last time I renewed my 2 years visa, I and hubby were asked if we were going on medical grounds, to which we said no becos I didn't even know I was pregnant. We went on vacation to the US in July and I am worried this mite be an issue when I go to have my baby. Do I need to contact the embassy since the purpose of my going to the US has changed? someone suggested I send an email to the embassy?

From the info on this tread, Texas seems to be an affordable option. However, I have families in Washington DC, can someone recommend affordable and quality hospitals in DC area? maybe Maryland, Virginia, New jersey? I will appreciate doctors contacts and estimates please.

Some people have suggested not taking a direct flite where you have plenty naija. I usually use emirates and stop over in Dubai, is that okay? or should I opt for other countries? I know some airlines are quite strict with pregnant women, what airlines do you suggest I avoid?

Is it advisable to travel alone or with my husband. My husband does not see the need to travel with me and then come back again when I am due. I feel it mite make some difference since he is the one that is usually asked all the questions. what are your tots?

I would really really appreciate your feedback.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
vivianobas:

I do not need to convince anybody as we are all entitled to our beliefs and options. I was originally meant to have delivered in San Diego, California but changed my mind when I visited MIHS and thank God I was not disappointed. I have over 5 personal friends who delivered in MIHS without any complaints of any kind, so why worry myself over some people coming to nairaland to procrastinate over where to deliver and where not to. I delivered March 8th and got all my baby's documents in 3 weeks - Birth certificate after 3 days, American Passport after 9 working days of submission at the court, and Social Security card after 3 weeks of delivery. What more can I ask from an hospital who made my delivery exceptional, a City that provided afordability and a State laying claim to my son for life? No one can convince me otherwise cos if I have to go through it all, I will still choose MIHS. Finito!

@Vivianobas

We have called Maricopa, they told us that it is not necessary to do something special before coming, just take an appointment. But what kind of document we need to show at POE if asked?

For the accommodations, as suggested Crossland Economy seems to be OK but I noticed that there are some hotels close to Maricopa for approximatively the same price. From your experience and knowledge of the town ( via your brother also I think?), wich quarters are safe for a single woman ( 3 to 4 weeks before I arrive),, with transport and groceries near? Is it the case for Crossland?

Thanks in advance Vivian for the advice or all other person who could help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tobiojo2002: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
cuppcakke: Hello Everybody,

I am amazed at the amount of information on this thread. Thank you so much for being so open and supportive. My due date is in March and I intend to travel to the US as well. I have a long list of questions and I would appreciate if you guys can take out time to answer:

I have been to the US on vacation severally. The last time I renewed my 2 years visa, I and hubby were asked if we were going on medical grounds, to which we said no becos I didn't even know I was pregnant. We went on vacation to the US in July and I am worried this mite be an issue when I go to have my baby. Do I need to contact the embassy since the purpose of my going to the US has changed? someone suggested I send an email to the embassy?

From the info on this tread, Texas seems to be an affordable option. However, I have families in Washington DC, can someone recommend affordable and quality hospitals in DC area? maybe Maryland, Virginia, New jersey? I will appreciate doctors contacts and estimates please.

Some people have suggested not taking a direct flite where you have plenty naija. I usually use emirates and stop over in Dubai, is that okay? or should I opt for other countries? I know some airlines are quite strict with pregnant women, what airlines do you suggest I avoid?

Is it advisable to travel alone or with my husband. My husband does not see the need to travel with me and then come back again when I am due. I feel it mite make some difference since he is the one that is usually asked all the questions. what are your tots?

My advise , if you are travelling late in the prego , take a direct flight , travelling. Through other countries would stress you out , the journey would be long ane tiring
Forr me.
Arik or delta would be fine
I wish you all the. Best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
papadebaby:

@Vivianobas

We have called Maricopa, they told us that it is not necessary to do something special before coming, just take an appointment. But what kind of document we need to show at POE if asked?

For the accommodations, as suggested Crossland Economy seems to be OK but I noticed that there are some hotels close to Maricopa for approximatively the same price. From your experience and knowledge of the town ( via your brother also I think?), wich quarters are safe for a single woman ( 3 to 4 weeks before I arrive),, with transport and groceries near? Is it the case for Crossland?

Thanks in advance Vivian for the advice or all other person who could help.

@papadebaby,

What are the other hotels close to Maricopa, i tried to check for some but there are mostly non-furnished apartments and they all ask for at least 6 months lease.

As for the required documents, i will advise you get the appointment letter from Phoenix before travelling and have enough money to prove that you can make all payments and take care of yourself...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tteam(f): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
@surety, please can you give me this ladies contact. I am making plans for houston too.
surety: @uche tobi,its a homebirth which I prefer too,she'l be coming to the house from 36 wks til delivery for prenatal visits,saves me stress and transportation.

@bolanleife,are u pregnant and planning on using her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 3:26am On Sep 16, 2013
cuppcakke: Hello Everybody,

Hello, their is really no straight forward rule to birth tourism in America, your best option is to get as much information from people who have been their before and done the procedure and make your own deductions. I can guaranty you google ain't a bad friend either. However if you start the thread from page 1 , a lot of questions and contributions have been made and surely if anybody writes a book based on experience from Naira land, it would make sense. So let me give you my own two cents on your questions.

You said you traveled in June and expecting in march, which is a clear nine months ? How far gone were you pregnant when you applied at the embassy? More so, if you and your husband have already made up your mind to have the baby in America, I believe you should concentrate on having a safe trip and delivery and worry about visa renewal when the time comes. But please make sure you pay all your bills at the hospital and have your reciepts handy.

In my understanding, it doesn't really matter where you enter Yanky from, the standards at the POE are usually the same, it's the individual, officer interviewing you,that makes the difference. And for a pregnant woman, a direct flight might suit you better,you really don't wana be hooping planes in your condition. You probably will benefit the most if your husband goes with you ,it makes the stress easier.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@papadebaby,

What are the other hotels close to Maricopa, i tried to check for some but there are mostly non-furnished apartments and they all ask for at least 6 months lease.

As for the required documents, i will advise you get the appointment letter from Phoenix before travelling and have enough money to prove that you can make all payments and take care of yourself...

I found : Econo Lodge Phoenix Airport, 3037 East Van Buren st, Rode Way Inn, 2501 East Van Buren St, ?? price?? Knights Inn phoenix Air port / Downtow 2445 East Van Buren st. Perhaps the price I found were not true? but you can try this link(originally in french) if it doesnt work try on booking.com :
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.fr.html?aid=348073;label=hotel-447821_T-2_Pool-com_Slice-99999;sid=523164d4557e360cd798edc1d4b134b0;dcid=1;checkin_monthday=23;checkin_year_month=2013-12;checkout_monthday=21;checkout_year_month=2014-1;city=20006890;class_interval=1;csflt={};dest_id=20006890;dest_type=city;dtdisc=0;inac=0;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;review_score_group=empty;score_min=0;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;src=searchresults;ss=Phoenix;ss_all=0;ssb=empty;ssne=Phoenix;ssne_untouched=Phoenix;or_radius=0;;pr_cur_code=USD;pr=0,60;track_ajax_filters=1#map_opened
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Anyone ideas of hospital to use at Oklahoma?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
@babababy that's a good deal, have you made payments already . I wud b coming over in December wouldn't mind opting for them . Please how do I contact the Gloria lady you mentioned in your previous post.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hi all,
Entrance at POE was seamless to the glory of God... POE was JFK.

OFFICER: How long are you staying?
Husband: a few months
OFFICER : Are you all returning together the same time
Husband: No I will be back earlier for work but will come back for the family later
OFFICER : Ok .....let me have your thumbprints etc....

The rest is history smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.