Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384210 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2013
starpower71: Dear members thank you so much! I just got back from the US giving birth to our second child. On behalf of this forums recommendation I did go to El Paso and used the services from www.doctoresparati.com. Im writing a very brief review because i hope it can help someone since the information included in this website helped us tremendously. All I can say is that the service is outstanding and truely recommend their service if you are thinking about your delivery.

The deciding factors for us were that were a few but mainly that it seemed that they do specialize with international patients (which they do), their promptness of their responses when we emailed them, the price for the level of service they provided.

The most important thing is you get informed to make your decision. When we looked at prices and compared all the hospital rankings, it was not that hard of a decision, basically it seemed like a high quality service at a very low price. In any case, Im just wanted to give my small review and recommend the services. Dr. Martell, Rodolfo and Melissa will go out of their way to treat right and make your time with them memorable. I hope other people keep posting their experiences and lets keep the information going, education is your best ally! Be informed fellow friends and forum members. God Bless Nigeria!

Well said wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wemba: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2013
COJ1484:

Hi Wemba, hope you guys are doing great? You have a very valid point. Please can you email me the name of hotel/accommodation you guys are lodging and also the owners no and email address so i can make arrangements against my coming in dec by God's grace. Also my email to yvette via that email address keeps bouncing back i guess i just have to keep communicating to her via the telephone . cheers

Hi COJ1484,

We're doing grand, tnx. Yourself?

We're not using a hotel o, its a friend that set us up with her cousin that happens to live not too far from the hospital. We actually have a relative that owns a house like 40mins away. Empty house o, can u imagine but a bit too far. We intend to move there after the birth sha.

So for obvious reasons, we chose to go with the rental option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dotunbond(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2013
sppecie: Hi Team

I have been following the posts discreetly for the past 7 months and took the best advice
from the group. This is the first Time I m posting on Nairaland.

My wife and I landed safely in the US in August and we are waiting for the arrival of my baby in October
in LA, California.
We are using a Nigerian Dr with more than 30 years practice in the US.

His charges are as below:

Prenatal Care & Delivery (Dr's fee): $1500

Caesarian Section Deliver( Dr's Fee): &2500

Vaginal Delivery (Hospital Fee) : $3000- 1 Day Stay

Caesarian Section Delivery (Hospital Fee): $5000 - 3 day stay

Other Extra Cost to you: Paediatric care for new baby, Lab Test and Ultrascan, You and Your baby's extra need

The Dr has fuly furnished accomodation at Inglewood, Downton LA, Long Beach
but my wife is staying at Inglewood, 2 min walk to the hospital she's planning to use at LA.

The furnished accomodation will cost $1200 per month. The accomodation is 3 bed Townhouse with seating/parlour downstairs,TV, internet,

kitchen utensils, etc

My wife currently is satying with another lady that came from London to deliver.

If you are interested to have your baby around LA, let me know and I ll send you the Dr's office phone and flyer.
(I m NOT sure if it's ok to post the flyer here)
Thanks

Thanks for the info and congrats in advance on the birth of your baby. please you did not state how much these "extra costs" would amount to. Kindly keep us informed so that we can have an idea of the total total costs so as not to get any surprises. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dotunbond(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2013
omofred: una help me thank GOD oh my GOD is great i have just been given usa visa i went to the embassy with my big tummy and d lady did not ask me for any documents oh she asked me how much i would take on the trip and that was it i am so happy please i need surgestions on affordable hospitals in north carolina or nashvile pls email add amd numbers would help thank alot you guys realy helped me

Congrats dear. i am so happy for you. So she did not even ask to see your financial statements? You're so lucky oo. Hw much did you tell her you'd be taking on the trip? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2013
Congratulations! I pray for such a testimony. Pls hw many months were u as at the time of your interview?
omofred: una help me thank GOD oh my GOD is great i have just been given usa visa i went to the embassy with my big tummy and d lady did not ask me for any documents oh she asked me how much i would take on the trip and that was it i am so happy please i need surgestions on affordable hospitals in north carolina or nashvile pls email add amd numbers would help thank alot you guys realy helped me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sppecie(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
dotunbond:

Thanks for the info and congrats in advance on the birth of your baby. please you did not state how much these "extra costs" would amount to. Kindly keep us informed so that we can have an idea of the total total costs so as not to get any surprises. Thanks again.

------------------------------------------------
The extra costs will vary . Just like in most of the hospitals mentioned earlier by other contibutors, cost of Paediatric care will depend on the health status of your baby and any issues arising. The fixed costs are the ones I mentioned in my earlier post.

As I mentioned earlier, my wife's delivery is in October -so I can Only give our own extra costs after the delivery.

(I left the US so I can go back to work and 'll return after the delivery to help with paperwork and travelling.)

ADVICE FOR TRAVEL:

If You can afford it, I ll advise pregnant women to travel with their Husband (+ kids, if you have any) and book for holiday. Like someone mentioned earlier, avoid Atlanta and New York. I went with my wife and 2 kids through Orlando and there was no hard question. We spent 2 weeks at Disney and continued our journey.
If you are travelling alone, you 'll go straight to face the immigration officer and the preganancy will be very obvious. In our own case, I was the one talking to the Immig officer while my 2 kids were jumping around. The Immig officer was even busy admiring my kids and did not notice my heavily pregnant and Tired wife!

For LA ,The accomodation you ll stay at belongs to the Dr and you 'll feel at home and prepare your own food. Take the proximity of the hospital as another added adavntage. On the other hand, if you have family in LA you may choose to stay with them.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
thanks alot my dear i told her i was taking 8kdollars ,and yes she did not ask for accnt statement oh infact it was just God that helped me
dotunbond:

Congrats dear. i am so happy for you. So she did not even ask to see your financial statements? You're so lucky oo. Hw much did you tell her you'd be taking on the trip? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@Fabulousmum,
Good to hear from you again and thanks for the support.

I checked through the hotels and they seem far from MIHS, but one can never be too sure.....so i'll do more research on it.

I also checked some hotels yesterday, Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport -E.Oak St., 4537 E. Oak st, Phoenix, AZ 85008 US and Crossland Economy Studio (Vivianobas suggested this earlier).

I"ll keep all posted on any info i get. Thanks a lot.

@ All,

[size=14pt]Have a lovely weekend.[/size]

@hardeymijuh and papadebaby,

I'm glad things are going well for you. I do hope and wish you'll not hesitate to share good testimonies about phoenix after your experience. Best wishes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
i am 6months pregnant with twins so my tommy is already realy big and obvious ohh but she did not ask anything at all concerning my tommy abi she no see am anyway i thank God
forevermine: Congratulations! I pray for such a testimony. Pls hw many months were u as at the time of your interview?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doted: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2013
nenih:

@doted,

Am also interested in any info you might have about Dallas. I contacted John Peter Smith and Parkland. Even though I never mentioned in my email that I am currently abroad, Parkland replied saying they focus only on providing care to the residents of Dallas County, Texas and wouldn't be accepting international patients at this time.

John Peter Smith gave a more favourable reply, below is the agreement sent to me by JPS. Am still searching for other options, not due till Feb next year so still got a little bit of time.

I understand that the Obstetrical Care Program offered by John Peter Smith Hospital includes the facility fees only and is available to self pay patients when no third party coverage is available.

2. I understand that the Obstetrical Care Program includes the following services only:

a. Routine prenatal clinic visits from date of enrollment.
b. Hospital charges for standard laboratory and sonograms from the date of enrollment.
c. Hospital charges from emergency services in the emergency room at the time of delivery.
d. Hospital charges for normal, uncomplicated delivery and post partum care up to two (2) days of hospitalization or up to four (4) day of hospitalization care for C-Section.
e. Hospital charges for term nursery care for the infant(s) up to two (2) days of hospitalization or up to four (4) days of hospitalization care for C-Section.
f. Hospital charges for one six-week check up after delivery for mother and infant.
g. Hospital charges for materials and service which are not included in the Obstetrical Care Program shall be determined solely by John Peter Smith Hospital.

3. I understand that the following charges are NOT included in the program and that I am fully responsible for these separately billed services.

a. ALL Physician fees, such as, Obstetrician, Pediatrician, Anesthesiologist, Radiologist, Pathologist and Emergency Physician.
b. ALL outpatient pharmacy fees.
c. Hospital charges for emergency service visits including OB Triage.
d. Charges for elective procedures, ie. Alpha Feto Protein.

4. I understand that the Hospital reserves the right to cancel the Obstetrical Care Program agreement and I will be financially responsible for all charges for services rendered. The following are the situations which may result in the cancellation of the agreement:

a. The total cost is not paid in full prior to the beginning of the ninth (9) month.
b. The patient stays more than two (2) days for routine delivery or four (4) days for C-Section.

5. I understand that if the agreement is canceled, all payments made toward the agreement will be applied to the charges for services rendered.

6. I understand that if the agreement is canceled due to patient choice to utilize another facility, that payments made under this agreement will be applied to the normal hospital charges for services rendered up to the date of cancellation and that I am responsible for any balance remaining on the account.

7. I understand that should my financial classification change and if the amount I have paid exceeds that amount due under the new classification, the hospital will NOT refund the difference.

I hereby request enrollment in the Obstetrical Care Program at John Peter Smith Hospital effective today and I understand and accept the conditions stated above.

_______Routine Delivery (2 Days) $2,500 plus an additional $600.00 per additional day in the hospital

_______Planned C-Section (4Days) $3,500 plus an additional $600.00 per additional day in the hospital

The additional fee for an unplanned C-Section must be paid within three months after the delivery.

wow this JPS package isn't encouraging. thanks nenih. i will let you know once i get more information. im hopeful we'll find a good hosp.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ Peacenigeria .. Please we need you here o!

Can you please give info on your baby's circumcision ? Was it properly done @ elpaso? Did u have to do it again in Nigeria?

Also did u use the help service($73 for 8hours)? how was it?

peacenigeria: Hello many appoligies for the delayed response, I will try to convey my experience and comparisons as best as possible. As stated before, I had to previous experiences having my previous two children born in the US as well as several of my friends (one whom also recommended doctoresparati.com). As stated above I did get some lower hospital prices from other places, but later figured out the hospital bills do not include most of the physician fees, which is what elevates the prices in the end. As mentioned I did A LOT of homework on which city and clinic I wanted my third child precisely because of my previous experiences.

My reasons for choosing doctoresparati.com were that the provided all the necessary services in one place at a discount (as I was later able to verify upon my arrival) and that they specifically specialize in this type of service for tourists. Needless to say with my previous 2 babies I was quotes prices much lower than doctoresparati.com but came to a rude awakening once we arrived that most of the bills ARE NOT included since everybody works separtely and you will STILL have to pay for all the services, whether you like it or not. In El Paso, everything was already set up, no need to find pediatrician, or other services and they allowed me to bring my medical exams from home, which I was never informed of or allowed to in the previous 2. Melissa (i guess representative from el paso clinic) took the time to explain that these test are in fact mandatory by law and that people are tipically sent to hospital without them when they are late arrivals and the hospital MUST perform these test by law. People I know this is true because it happened to me, and it cost me nearly $1850 additional that i was not quoted or informed of, so I was also very satisfied with this from el paso clinic.

The hospital was also very nice and people seem very friendly, i was informed in the tour of the hospital that all rooms are private and such was the case. Lodging was also a main factor in us deciding to choose El Paso, since the price of lodging still made the service much cheaper than when we stayed in the other cities with our relatives. As mentioned, i was very please and the service and professionalism they offerred and from the begining we were able to tell that the service was different since they always responded promptly to all our emails. In all honestly, just as the people above mentioned we truely were very pleased with the price (which was dramatically lower) and more so with the service (which was dramatically better) and wish we would have heard of them earlier. I think, that as a tourist, if you plan on having your baby in the US you should consider having it with them as they specialize on specifically this type of service. I hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ Hardeymijuh... Have u made up ur mind on where you going? I intend travelling December too

hardeymijuh: @ All,

[size=14pt]Happy Sunday[/size].

Have a blissful week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
mokeju:
@ Peacenigeria .. Please we need you here o!

Can you please give info on your baby's circumcision ? Was it properly done @ elpaso? Did u have to do it again in Nigeria?

Also did u use the help service($73 for 8hours)? how was it?

All went well with circumcision, the cost was and additional $170, the doctores and team at doctoresparati.com Really treat you well and it is very noticable as everyone mentions that the service is tailored for international patients. I dont know if its been mentioned or not but the doctors are not resident doctors so you really are getting the best private doctors for the service, and as one recently posted the hospital is ranked among the best in the country. So for that low a price, considering all the variables, it also made sense to me. With regard to the help, yes i did get it and they helped me get in contact with them although it was not through them, it was even cheaper than the website stated... Once again, GREAT service, GREAT people... Recommended
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BnBarbie(f): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2013
peacenigeria:

All went well with circumcision, the cost was and additional $170, the doctores and team at doctoresparati.com Really treat you well and it is very noticable as everyone mentions that the service is tailored for international patients. I dont know if its been mentioned or not but the doctors are not resident doctors so you really are getting the best private doctors for the service, and as one recently posted the hospital is ranked among the best in the country. So for that low a price, considering all the variables, it also made sense to me. With regard to the help, yes i did get it and they helped me get in contact with them although it was not through them, it was even cheaper than the website stated... Once again, GREAT service, GREAT people... Recommended

Hello peace,
I'm considering doctoresparati.com based on the good reviews and recommendations. Kindly help confirm the following:
1) Is it del sol medical center they really use?
2) Do they give freebies like diapers, wipes etc like some other US hospitals?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2013
BnBarbie:

Hello peace,
I'm considering doctoresparati.com based on the good reviews and recommendations. Kindly help confirm the following:

1) Yes. You will like the hospital, great service. Private rooms.
2) Yes. I did not take anything to the hospital on their advice. We received diapers, etc, for baby while we were there.

You will be hard to press finding a better place for your baby. Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
BnBarbie:

Hello peace,

@BnBarbie and Mokeju,

I had my baby in El Paso, and I can boldy tell you that my baby's circumcision is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen so far. Just because of the circumsion, I will choose to have my next boy child there, as it seems most people have complaint about circumcision done by other hospitals in the US.

As for the mode of operation, I have been able to deduce that people have little knowledge about how it is done in El Paso. So I'll be pleased to break it down. Doctoresparati is a service-providing group or team that helps to link patients with obstetricians/gynecologists at a very specific and affordable price and at any stage of the pregnancy, no matter how advanced, as well as help arrange a medical center to give birth to your child in, at an unbelievably low price.

It is no news that most hospitals in the US charge bank-breaking hospital bills and ob/gyn fees, not to mention the fact that you cannot estimate how much your bill will be until after you give birth. It is also an open secret that most ob/gyns will not accept medical responsibility of patients who have advanced past 24weeks in pregnancy. Doctoresparati makes everything easy. They offer the whole package at a minimal fee. (Now I'm beginning to sound like a marketer of doctoresparati. Lol)

After contacting doctoresparati, you will be expected to pay a registration fee of $150 to confirm your intentions of using their services, as well as to book an appointment with an ob/gyn for you. During your stay in El Paso, you will be attending pre-natal clinics at Eastside Women Heathcare Center, where you will be cared for by one of US' best ob/gyns. This hospital is well known to specialize in tourist birth (international patients). The ob/gyn assigned to your care will tell you when you will likely have your baby, as well as tips on how not to incur extra hospital bills. The ob/gyn fee is $2,500 for year 2013.

You will be expected to run some lab tests as stipulated by US law before you have your child. The tests are listed on doctoresparati website. You are however allowed to bring in your test results from nigeria, if you have already done those tests in nigeria (but in my opinion, I think it's cheaper to have it in their lab- it cost me only $222.75 for my tests).

You will be having your baby in a much more bigger hospital, Del Sol Medical Center. Everything from your daily room charge, to the care charge, to the labor and delivery, to the drugs (medication) that will be dispensed throughout your period of admission, to the food you'll eat throughout, to the nursery care of your child, to the test and first immunization your baby will receive at birth, to the lab tests that will be done on you in the hospital, has been included in the hospital bill of $2,700 stated on doctoresparati website for year 2013.

I realized that doctoresparati did me a whole lot of good with the hospital bill at that $2,700, because after I was discharged, I called the hospital to send to me a detailed receipt of payment showing a zero balance (it was just too good to be true, so I wanted to be on the safe side). When I got my receipt/bill, I realized that if I had walked into Del Sol Medical Center without using the services of doctoresparati, I'd have been paying a hospital bill of $10,701.05, instead of the $2,700 deal doctoresparati offered.

The bill went like this:

DEPARTMENTAL CHARGE SUMMARY
DESCRIPTION. AMOUNT($)

Ob/gyn. 1,697.00
Labor & delivery. 5,846.00
Pharmacy. 508.05
Lab-main. 2,650.00

TOTAL CHARGES: 10,701.05
TOTAL PAYMENTS: 2,700.00
TOTAL ADJUST: .00

BALANCE: 0.00

If you are having a boy child, be sure to include your circumcision fee of $170. The pediatrician who will come to check your baby's welfare after the birth of your baby will also charge a fee of $210.

In summary, the prices on the doctoresparati website are reliable and genuine.

As for the processing of documents, that's another long story. I'll allow you digest this first before I bring that up. (What a long story! My thumbs are aching.lol)

I hope this helped you all clarify your thoughts about El Paso and the modus operandi.

ciao.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BnBarbie(f): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2013
@fabulousmom and peacenigeria; ure both darlings. I'd definitely use the services of doctoresparati.com.
Lastly, would u recommend "intown suites"? The reviews I'm getting online are not encouraging at all. Wat was ur experience?
Hw was feeding for you? Cos I read dat dey dnt provide pots, pans or plates and it doesn't make much sense 2 buy pots and pans. Was dis d case for you?
@fabulousmom, I hav finished digesting. Pls tell me d concluding part of d gist. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
BnBarbie: @fabulousmom and peacenigeria; ure both darlings. I'd definitely use the services of doctoresparati.com.
Lastly, would u recommend "intown suites"? The reviews I'm getting online are not encouraging at all. Wat was ur experience?
Hw was feeding for you? Cos I read dat dey dnt provide pots, pans or plates and it doesn't make much sense 2 buy pots and pans. Was dis d case for you?
@fabulousmom, I hav finished digesting. Pls tell me d concluding part of d gist. grin

@Bnbarbie,

I understand where you are coming from. When I was doing my research too before I traveled, I saw really discouraging reviews about intown- crime, noise, prostitutes, and so on. I later realized that the review was for another city in the US. My experience in intown suites was really positive. The environment was relaxed and calm, serene and refreshing (borrow me more English words cheesy).

The most comforting part of it is that intown suites is just adjacent Del Sol Medical Center (hospital of birth), and it's just 5 minutes drive to Eastside Women Heathcare Center (pre-natal clinic). It is also close to major shopping centers like Walmart, and the big Yarbrough Mall which houses shopping outlets such as Ross, Burlington, etc. My favorite part of it is that intown suites is just beside Lin's buffet, a chinese restaurant (eat-as-much-as-you-can for only $10 tongue). On a more serious note, intown suites was home-away-from-home for me.

As for the cooking utensils that intown suites do not supply, there is a sweet way around it. I will choose to make that a private information, if you know what I mean. wink.

I forgot to comment on the freebies you get from Del Sol Medical Center. They are numerous. Apart from the welcome pack you get which consists of educating magazines on motherhood, you get a free pack of newborn diapers, bulb syringes, receiving blankets & shawls for your baby, socks (if you want), a steel baby spoon (with Del sol inscribed on it- so beautiful), a cap for your baby, and so many more that I cannot even remember again. All you need to take to the hospital when going to give birth are as follows:-a going home outfit for you and your baby, your toothpaste & toothbrush, comb for your hair, your toiletries (if you're so toosh), your phone (of course) and it's charger, something to do a video recording with (if you want to), a list of those you'd like to call as soon as your beautiful baby makes the big entrance into the world. I think that's about it.

What other question have I forgotten to answer? *thinking*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
fabulousmom:

@Bnbarbie,

I understand where you are coming from. When I was doing my research too before I traveled, I saw really discouraging reviews about intown- crime, noise, prostitutes, and so on. I later realized that the review was for another city in the US. My experience in intown suites was really positive. The environment was relaxed and calm, serene and refreshing (borrow me more English words cheesy).

The most comforting part of it is that intown suites is just adjacent Del Sol Medical Center (hospital of birth), and it's just 5 minutes drive to Eastside Women Heathcare Center (pre-natal clinic). It is also close to major shopping centers like Walmart, and the big Yarbrough Mall which houses shopping outlets such as Ross, Burlington, etc. My favorite part of it is that intown suites is just beside Lin's buffet, a chinese restaurant (eat-as-much-as-you-can for only $10 tongue). On a more serious note, intown suites was home-away-from-home for me.

As for the cooking utensils that intown suites do not supply, there is a sweet way around it. I will choose to make that a private information, if you know what I mean. wink.

I forgot to comment on the freebies you get from Del Sol Medical Center. They are numerous. Apart from the welcome pack you get which consists of educating magazines on motherhood, you get a free pack of newborn diapers, bulb syringes, receiving blankets & shawls for your baby, socks (if you want), a steel baby spoon (with Del sol inscribed on it- so beautiful), a cap for your baby, and so many more that I cannot even remember again. All you need to take to the hospital when going to give birth are as follows:-a going home outfit for you and your baby, your toothpaste & toothbrush, comb for your hair, your toiletries (if you're so toosh), your phone (of course) and it's charger, something to do a video recording with (if you want to), a list of those you'd like to call as soon as your beautiful baby makes the big entrance into the world. I think that's about it.

Oh! I forgot to mention the most important must-have when going to the hospital is a car seat for your baby. No matter where you intend giving birth in the US, you will not be allowed to go home from the hospital without a car seat for your baby to ride in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
pls darl i did not get you clearly pls how much in total did you pay for everytin tanks alot
fabulousmom:

@BnBarbie and Mokeju,

I had my baby in El Paso, and I can boldy tell you that my baby's circumcision is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen so far. Just because of the circumsion, I will choose to have my next boy child there, as it seems most people have complaint about circumcision done by other hospitals in the US.

As for the mode of operation, I have been able to deduce that people have little knowledge about how it is done in El Paso. So I'll be pleased to break it down. Doctoresparati is a service-providing group or team that helps to link patients with obstetricians/gynecologists at a very specific and affordable price and at any stage of the pregnancy, no matter how advanced, as well as help arrange a medical center to give birth to your child in, at an unbelievably low price.

It is no news that most hospitals in the US charge bank-breaking hospital bills and ob/gyn fees, not to mention the fact that you cannot estimate how much your bill will be until after you give birth. It is also an open secret that most ob/gyns will not accept medical responsibility of patients who have advanced past 24weeks in pregnancy. Doctoresparati makes everything easy. They offer the whole package at a minimal fee. (Now I'm beginning to sound like a marketer of doctoresparati. Lol)

After contacting doctoresparati, you will be expected to pay a registration fee of $150 to confirm your intentions of using their services, as well as to book an appointment with an ob/gyn for you. During your stay in El Paso, you will be attending pre-natal clinics at Eastside Women Heathcare Center, where you will be cared for by one of US' best ob/gyns. This hospital is well known to specialize in tourist birth (international patients). The ob/gyn assigned to your care will tell you when you will likely have your baby, as well as tips on how not to incur extra hospital bills. The ob/gyn fee is $2,500 for year 2013.

You will be expected to run some lab tests as stipulated by US law before you have your child. The tests are listed on doctoresparati website. You are however allowed to bring in your test results from nigeria, if you have already done those tests in nigeria (but in my opinion, I think it's cheaper to have it in their lab- it cost me only $222.75 for my tests).

You will be having your baby in a much more bigger hospital, Del Sol Medical Center. Everything from your daily room charge, to the care charge, to the labor and delivery, to the drugs (medication) that will be dispensed throughout your period of admission, to the food you'll eat throughout, to the nursery care of your child, to the test and first immunization your baby will receive at birth, to the lab tests that will be done on you in the hospital, has been included in the hospital bill of $2,700 stated on doctoresparati website for year 2013.

I realized that doctoresparati did me a whole lot of good with the hospital bill at that $2,700, because after I was discharged, I called the hospital to send to me a detailed receipt of payment showing a zero balance (it was just too good to be true, so I wanted to be on the safe side). When I got my receipt/bill, I realized that if I had walked into Del Sol Medical Center without using the services of doctoresparati, I'd have been paying a hospital bill of $10,701.05, instead of the $2,700 deal doctoresparati offered.

The bill went like this:

DEPARTMENTAL CHARGE SUMMARY
DESCRIPTION. AMOUNT($)

Ob/gyn. 1,697.00
Labor & delivery. 5,846.00
Pharmacy. 508.05
Lab-main. 2,650.00

TOTAL CHARGES: 10,701.05
TOTAL PAYMENTS: 2,700.00
TOTAL ADJUST: .00

BALANCE: 0.00

If you are having a boy child, be sure to include your circumcision fee of $170. The pediatrician who will come to check your baby's welfare after the birth of your baby will also charge a fee of $210.

In summary, the prices on the doctoresparati website are reliable and genuine.

As for the processing of documents, that's another long story. I'll allow you digest this first before I bring that up. (What a long story! My thumbs are aching.lol)

I hope this helped you all clarify your thoughts about El Paso and the modus operandi.

ciao.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
@fabulousmom ...whao. thanks for ur loaded response.

When do we expect the document processing jist? Pls we need it asap biko.

Ao many weeks were you when u travelled to elpaso?

Did u go alone? If yes how did u cope with being alone?

Ao many weeks in total did u spend in elspaso?

fabulousmom:

@Bnbarbie,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 11:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
@fabulousmom ...whao. thanks for ur loaded response.

fabulousmom:

@Bnbarbie,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 4:30am On Sep 29, 2013

Thank God for you o!! Did she ask about your pregnancy? Hope you told the truth....if not prepare for POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
fabulousmom:

@hardeymijuh and papadebaby,

I'm glad things are going well for you. I do hope and wish you'll not hesitate to share good testimonies about phoenix after your experience. Best wishes.

@hardeymijuh

We have taken an appointment for the last week of december, but we need to talk to « Maria » ( Dr Maria perhaps) to have more information about it. We have called tree or four times but I think the first times we were not oriented trough the right person. Our last call this week permits us to make this appointment but the communication ended before we get other information.
Problems with Telecom Operators probably!!

@Vivianobas

Is it “Dr Maria” who conducts the first appointment? I understand that it is at the first appointment that our plan will be confirm ( normal or C section).
Within the next two weeks we will contact again Maricopa .
As mentioned in a previous post, we plan to book (airplane) at the end of October.
Before this date, we are also making our last cost simulations ( Maricopa seems cheaper than doctorsparati for approximatively 1000 USD or more, we are also waiting about other informations from Maryland if we get it!).

@fabulousmom

You mentioned it is an obligation to have a seat car for the baby. My wife has already commanded one but it will be deliver in our country, so I would probably have to bring it with me when I will join her in January. I was saying to her before you write your post, that it could be better for us to command the seat car while waiting the baby in US but….the day after she order the seat, you wrote your post about it!!!

@All

Have a nice week end!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peacenigeria: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
papadebaby:

@hardeymijuh

We have taken an appointment for the last week of december, but we need to talk to « Maria » ( Dr Maria perhaps) to have more information about it. We have called tree or four times but I think the first times we were not oriented trough the right person. Our last call this week permits us to make this appointment but the communication ended before we get other information.

@Vivianobas

Is it “Dr Maria” who conducts the first appointment? I understand that it is at the first appointment that our plan will be confirm ( normal or C section).
As mentioned in a previous post, we plan to book (airplane) at the end of October.
Before this date, we are also making our last cost simulations ( Maricopa seems cheaper than doctorsparati for approximatively 1000 USD or more, we are also waiting about other informations from Maryland if we get it!).

@fabulousmom

You mentioned it is an obligation to have a seat car for the baby. My wife has already commanded one but it will be deliver in our country, so I would probably have to bring it with me when I will join her in January. I was saying to her before you write your post, that it could be better for us to command the seat car while waiting the baby in US but….the day after she order the seat, you wrote your post about it!!!

@All

Have a nice week end!!!!

I hope all goes well, as I mentioned before, I know Maricopa and Doctoresparati and the is a big difference in service and hospital ranking(doctoresparati.com being the better of the two). Just trying to get in touch or a response from Maricopa takes a lot of patience, and thats when they are trying to get you as a patient!

In all, I wish you a safe trip and best wishes in your delivery. God Bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wemba: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Hello peeps,

A very good morning to you all.

Wifey went to the states on Saturday via Delta (so POE was Atlanta). Everything went exceptionally well right from MMA till she got to the house in Atl (except that she had to wait like 2hrs to get picked up).
(i) On getting to Delta counter @ MMA, we met 2 old friends (one mine and the other, my wife's) that work for them. They assisted with all the necessary process to get boarding pass.
(ii) When going to board, she met another acquaintance that uses same salon as hers who took her to the front since she's pregnant. So she got to boarding gate and had enough time to rest b4 takeoff
(iii) Departure was on time and they even landed in ATL like 45mins early (pilot should be issued a speeding ticket grin)
(iv) Immigration officer just asked how come she's not traveling with hubby and daughter this time round (we've been travelling together in the last like 6yrs or so) and she just smiled. He than asked her how come she was carrying so much money to which my wife replied that she needs it for medical bills as she's pregnant and looking to have a baby here. Immig officer replier, Oh really? (didn't realize she is pregnant). Wifey was now directed to where to declare (if carrying over 10k) @ which point another officer advised her not to use Medicaid o. Said some people get away with it but it usually affects their chances of having visa renewed. Says have a nice stay and congrats in advance, byeee
(v) Wifey had to wait for pickup for like 2hrs. Got home, rested a little and her hostess insisted that she accompanies her to a naming ceremony in the afternoon (Nija and parry)
(vi) We've done our parts, now left baby for to do his/her's.

Shikena.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2013
@wemba...thank God for safe flight! I wish your wife a safe delivery in jesus name

P.s i think its firsttimers they scrutinize well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
papadebaby:

@hardeymijuh

@Vivianobas

@fabulousmom

@All

Have a nice week end!!!!

@ papadebaby,
Apologies for not responding since, i have actually been away for sometime now.

Good to know that you are making progess, am still in a fix.

I also tried to get in touch with them, got them on phone....but still need to follow-up with them...

I Plan to visit them this week, maybe Friday (I pray i can)...if You have any questions, please let me know so i can ask them....

@ Everyone,

If you have any questions for Maricopa Integrated health System, Please put them on this tend before noon Thursday...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pls I need you help asap plsss I need good affordable hospitals in dallas Pls I need it urgently tanks a lot God bless u all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
mokeju: @fabulousmom ...whao. thanks for ur loaded response.

@all,

I'm so sorry I am replying late. I don't visit nairaland as often as required.

@papadebaby, that's a pity. I wish I had posted it earlier. It's not a waste tho'. You may not even take the car seat along with you. She can just buy one off el paso's craigslist for as little as $20, to use there in el paso. The one she ordered to be delivered in nigeria can actually be used in nigeria. It's however a matter of choice, whichever option suits you.

@Mokeju, let me take your questions in the order of the simplest to the most complex. I was 35 weeks advanced in my pregnancy at the time I travelled to the US. I went with my mother- I didnt go alone. I spent 10 weeks in total.

@Mokeju & Omofred, the total I spent on hospital bills & ob/gyn fee is $5,200. The little extras like circumcision- $170, pediatrician fee- $210, lab tests- $227.25 made the whole medical bill a total of $5,807.25.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
fabulousmom:

@all,

I'm so sorry I am replying late. I don't visit nairaland as often as required.

@papadebaby, that's a pity. I wish I had posted it earlier. It's not a waste tho'. You may not even take the car seat along with you. She can just buy one off el paso's craigslist for as little as $20, to use there in el paso. The one she ordered to be delivered in nigeria can actually be used in nigeria. It's however a matter of choice, whichever option suits you.

@Mokeju, let me take your questions in the order of the simplest to the most complex. I was 35 weeks advanced in my pregnancy at the time I travelled to the US. I went with my mother- I didnt go alone. I spent 10 weeks in total.

@Mokeju & Omofred, the total I spent on hospital bills & ob/gyn fee is $5,200. The little extras like circumcision- $170, pediatrician fee- $210, lab tests- $227.25 made the whole medical bill a total of $5,807.25.

@all,

Document processing took two weeks for me. It would have been shorter though, if I had known some things before I went to el paso. I went to el paso blind, as there was no one to guide me through at the time I went.

The birth certificate was supposed to arrive 2-3 weeks after the birth of my child, but I expedited it with vitalchek, so I received it after 1 week exactly. I waited for the social security number too for another 1 week, before I started processing the passports. I shouldn't have waited because I realized that I could have applied for my baby's US passport without his social security number. All I should have done was to enter "0000" as the last 4 digits of his social security where it was required. I hope you all can learn from my experience.

Anyway, I picked a date for the US passport application interview at El Paso Passport Agency. My baby's passport application was not processed for 3 weeks based on some mistakes I made. First of all, the passport officer told me that my application couldn't be processed because of the absence of a notarized statement of consent. I asked my husband to print out the form DS-3053 and notarize it in nigeria and send it by courier to the passport agency. It took 3 days to get to the ageny. I assumed the processing would have begun, and I waited for 2 weeks expecting it, but I didnt get the passport. I sent an email to them, and then received a call the next day. The officer who called told me that the processing hadn't even begun because my husband signed the form a day before the notary public. (A mistake my husband regretted making). Jesus Christ! I was enraged, because I had expected they would contact me earlier, but that's a lesson for you all. Don't expect them to contact you for anything. Just keep calling and sending email messages to them to follow up your application. My husband had to send another one (the second time), and it was finally processed, ans I picked it up 2 days after.

To bring your baby back to nigeria, you need either a nigerian visa or a nigerian passport. For a nigerian visa, you need to wait to receive the US passport before you apply, because you will need to send the US passport and other required documents by mail to the nigerian embassy. For a nigerian passport, you can apply online and book an appointment as soon as you receive the birth certificate, as you need to apply in person at a nigerian embassy or consulate, either in Washington DC, new york or atlanta. I applied for a nigerian passport and I had it 3 days after my interview at the nigerian embassy in washington DC.

Please feel free to ask further questions. I'll be delighted to answer them all.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
fabulousmom:

@all,

Document processing took two weeks for me. It would have been shorter though, if I had known some things before I went to el paso. I went to el paso blind, as there was no one to guide me through at the time I went.

The birth certificate was supposed to arrive 2-3 weeks after the birth of my child, but I expedited it with vitalchek, so I received it after 1 week exactly. I waited for the social security number too for another 1 week, before I started processing the passports. I shouldn't have waited because I realized that I could have applied for my baby's US passport without his social security number. All I should have done was to enter "0000" as the last 4 digits of his social security where it was required. I hope you all can learn from my experience.

Anyway, I picked a date for the US passport application interview at El Paso Passport Agency. My baby's passport application was not processed for 3 weeks based on some mistakes I made. First of all, the passport officer told me that my application couldn't be processed because of the absence of a notarized statement of consent. I asked my husband to print out the form DS-3053 and notarize it in nigeria and send it by courier to the passport agency. It took 3 days to get to the ageny. I assumed the processing would have begun, and I waited for 2 weeks expecting it, but I didnt get the passport. I sent an email to them, and then received a call the next day. The officer who called told me that the processing hadn't even begun because my husband signed the form a day before the notary public. (A mistake my husband regretted making). Jesus Christ! I was enraged, because I had expected they would contact me earlier, but that's a lesson for you all. Don't expect them to contact you for anything. Just keep calling and sending email messages to them to follow up your application. My husband had to send another one (the second time), and it was finally processed, ans I picked it up 2 days after.

To bring your baby back to nigeria, you need either a nigerian visa or a nigerian passport. For a nigerian visa, you need to wait to receive the US passport before you apply, because you will need to send the US passport and other required documents by mail to the nigerian embassy. For a nigerian passport, you can apply online and book an appointment as soon as you receive the birth certificate, as you need to apply in person at a nigerian embassy or consulate, either in Washington DC, new york or atlanta. I applied for a nigerian passport and I had it 3 days after my interview at the nigerian embassy in washington DC.

Please feel free to ask further questions. I'll be delighted to answer them all.

I'm sorry. I meant to write that document processing took 1 month, 2 weeks for me, because of all the mistakes I made. Without the mistakes, it would have taken just about 2-3 weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.