Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384206 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
bamakoe: Hi all,
Entrance at POE was seamless to the glory of God... POE was JFK.

OFFICER: How long are you staying?
Husband: a few months
OFFICER : Are you all returning together the same time
Husband: No I will be back earlier for work but will come back for the family later
OFFICER : Ok .....let me have your thumbprints etc....

The rest is history smiley

I take it the pregnancy was not noticed and you didnt mention right? lucky you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bamakoe(f): 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Mousepad:

I take it the pregnancy was not noticed and you didnt mention right? lucky you!

I was showing but didn't mention it since officer didn't ask. He must have seen but decided to turn a blind eye. It all depends on who you meet as CBP officer

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
bamakoe: Hi all,
Entrance at POE was seamless to the glory of God... POE was JFK.

OFFICER: How long are you staying?
Husband: a few months
OFFICER : Are you all returning together the same time
Husband: No I will be back earlier for work but will come back for the family later
OFFICER : Ok .....let me have your thumbprints etc....

The rest is history smiley

Great. Thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 2:11am On Sep 17, 2013
MsOyin: @babababy that's a good deal, have you made payments already . I wud b coming over in December wouldn't mind opting for them . Please how do I contact the Gloria lady you mentioned in your previous post.
Thanks

Yea we made a deposit already. Pretty nice people in the hospital, and its quite big too. Go to page 21 of this forum and you will find Gloria's full contact address .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MsOyin: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2013
@babababy thanks i already contacted them @ wyckoff and this is the mail I got from Christine the admitting director.

" I am the Admitting director at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, thank you for your interest in our facility. The charge for a normal delivery is $6500.00 and for a Cesarean section is $10,000.00. This price includes all fees including the physician cost. If you would like to use our Woman’s Health Center the cost per visit to see the doctor prior to delivery is $50.00 per visit. Gloria will offer you a full tour of our facility upon your arrival to the United States and we will be happy to show you our Woman’s Health Center as well.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you

Christine Scaminaci
Patient Access/Coding Director
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
374 Stockholm street
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Phone: 718-963-7311
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gennygenny: 10:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Pls does anyone have info on affordable hospital in Baltimore
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2013
please can i have the name or email address for any hospital in the us where i can have my baby thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2013
please i intend to give birth in califonia please any help with how to go about it and what i should do,and any hospital i can use thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by doted: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2013
doted:

Hello Dancewith/All,

please do you have any idea or know anyone that has given birth in Parkland or John Peter Smith hospital, Dallas TX??

Dancewith pls did the 5k cover all the costs i.e childbirth,anaesthetics,pediatrics,tests etc? i read from parland reviews online that you get to share a room with 3 or 4 mothers in labor?parkland has horrible reviews online,seems worse than a general hospital in Naija!

there isnt much info on the hospitals . ild appreciate other suggestions of hospitals in Dallas too...thank uuu.

Hello All,

just to reiterate my question.please please please, ild really appreciate suggestions for hospitals in Dallas, Texas.

thank you...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
MsOyin: @babababy thanks i already contacted them @ wyckoff and this is the mail I got from Christine the admitting director.

" I am the Admitting director at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, thank you for your interest in our facility. The charge for a normal delivery is $6500.00 and for a Cesarean section is $10,000.00. This price includes all fees including the physician cost. If you would like to use our Woman’s Health Center the cost per visit to see the doctor prior to delivery is $50.00 per visit. Gloria will offer you a full tour of our facility upon your arrival to the United States and we will be happy to show you our Woman’s Health Center as well.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you

Christine Scaminaci
Patient Access/Coding Director
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
374 Stockholm street
Brooklyn, NY 11237
Phone: 718-963-7311

Exactly,Christine is in charge of the admission,you are on track.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wemba: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello peeps,

Thank you all so much for all the information that has been posted on this forum. I have been a silent follower for the past 4 months, absorbing all the intel and now executing my plan. Wifey and I have decided to use the Women Community Care of Southern Regional Medical Center in Atlanta for a number of reasons (e.g normal delivery-4k, C.S - 6k etc). She will be flying direct via Delta to Atlanta (hope we wont have any issues) and I will most likely be joining her a few days to the EDA. I heard the Atlanta crew are usually difficult so we're keeping our fingers crossed. We've been to the US a number of times so don't expect there should be too much wahala sha.

She's already 32weeks gone and leaves @ the end of the month.

Keep you all posted

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cuppcakke(f): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ Babababy and Tobiojo2002.thanks for the info... i appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamaamanda: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2013
mama_amanda: Hi, I've been a silent follower of this tread and its been very informative. We r expecting and seriously considering having d baby abroad (US precisely).

Please does anyone know any good and affordable hospital in North Carolina cos that's where we have family.

Thanks for d anticipated response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oluwatise2401: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hi everyone! Thanks for the great information on this thread. Please I will like any information about any good and affordable hospital in Lancaster California,cos that is where I have family. Thanking you all for your much anticipated response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 12:18am On Sep 18, 2013
doted:

Hello All,

just to reiterate my question.please please please, ild really appreciate suggestions for hospitals in Dallas, Texas.

thank you...

I guess I answered this before, google Dr James Schermerhorn and contact his practice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gennygenny: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
gennygenny: Pls does anyone have info on affordable hospital in Baltimore
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Love300: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote author=gennygenny][/quote]

Maryland is expensive and they only give 1% or 2% discount to cash paying patient.

Your best bet is a birthing center if you are looking at spending below $6K. Most birthing center fees start from $4,000

However, this is the current price for some hospital excluding doctor fee, pediatrician fee and epidural.

Sinia Hospital - Virginal Birth for 2 nights is between $7k to $9k, while nursery cost about $600 per night ( they give 2% discount)

Franklin Square Hospital - Virginal Birth for 2 nights is $10,000, you pay $220 to see a provider for each visit and you pay $1,300 for initial/commitment fee. ( they give 1% discount)

Mercy Hospital - Virginal Birth for 2 nights is $8,600 ( they give 2% discount )

Saint Agnes Hospital - Virginal Birth for 2 nights is $7,800 and $12,000 for C-section ( No discount)

University of Maryland Baltimore Washington - ( they give 2% discount to cash paying patient)
Virginal Birth without epidural - $4,238.64
Virginal Birth with epidural - $5,298.30
C-Section Delivery - $6,534.57
Nursery for Newborn per day - $857
Room & Board per night - $1,692

Virginia State gives up to 20-25% discount and its very close to Maryland. Maybe you can look at that city.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Love300: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Rockville, Maryland - Virginal Birth average cost is $5,520 and C-Section is $7,070
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mokeju(f): 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
Pls does anyone have info on affordable hospitals in Oklahoma City
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
any idea of an affordable hospital in LA,and i am 4months pregnant,i want to apply for my visa,like how much should be in my account and how do i go about it and my husband would be the 1 to sponsor me anyway pls i need una help bikooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hey peeps! Try and read previous posts on this thread. Most of the questions being asked especially with regards to visa has been answered over and over and over on this thread. Do yourself a favor and read from the beginning
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dotunbond(m): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
But there are very few posts on L.A, California. please anyone with specific information should please share. i have a long list of hospitals in LA county but you can only communicate by telephone and even when you call the hospitals, because the fees are charged separately, they only give you the hospital fees and keep referring you. This can be tiring and leaves room for miscalculations and the possibility of paying more than budgeted. So please if anyone has specifics, i'd be very grateful smiley Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by surety: 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
@tteam,her name is jaymee Boughton 2813890810,u can mail her on inbloom midwifery services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fabulousmom: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@papadebaby,

What are the other hotels close to Maricopa, i tried to check for some but there are mostly non-furnished apartments and they all ask for at least 6 months lease.

As for the required documents, i will advise you get the appointment letter from Phoenix before travelling and have enough money to prove that you can make all payments and take care of yourself...

@hardemijuh,

I have a little information I'm hoping could be of help to you, concerning the accommodation. In Phoenix, there are about three (3) intwon suites accommodation:

1)Intown suites Phoenix East Extended Stay Property- 2350 West Obispo Avenue, Phoenix, AZ for $199.99 weekly. Phone number: (480) 539-7500

2)Intown Suites Phoenix South Extended Stay Property- 15424 South 50th Street, Phoenix, AZ for $199.99 weekly. Phone number: (480) 893-9399

3)Intown Suites Phoenix West Extended Stay Property- 1530 North 50th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043 for $169.99 weekly. Phone number: (602) 455-3897.

The three properties are all extended-stay apartments that provide affordable weekly accommodation like Crossland Economy Studios.

You can do further research on them. I hope this information has been in one way or the other helpful to all of you who have been searching for accommodation in Phoenix.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 10:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
wemba: Hello peeps,

Thank you all so much for all the information that has been posted on this forum. I have been a silent follower for the past 4 months, absorbing all the intel and now executing my plan. Wifey and I have decided to use the Women Community Care of Southern Regional Medical Center in Atlanta for a number of reasons (e.g normal delivery-4k, C.S - 6k etc). She will be flying direct via Delta to Atlanta (hope we wont have any issues) and I will most likely be joining her a few days to the EDA. I heard the Atlanta crew are usually difficult so we're keeping our fingers crossed. We've been to the US a number of times so don't expect there should be too much wahala sha.

She's already 32weeks gone and leaves @ the end of the month.

Keep you all posted

Cheers

Hii. Am here till Nov, using d same hospital. Where is ur wife gonna be staying. Cos it's so boring here, wouldn't mind aving a company. Anyway, I hope she's booked her appointment with the hospital already. Hollaa via email. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2013
fabulousmom:

@hardemijuh,

I have a little information I'm hoping could be of help to you, concerning the accommodation. In Phoenix, there are about three (3) intwon suites accommodation:

1)Intown suites Phoenix East Extended Stay Property- 2350 West Obispo Avenue, Phoenix, AZ for $199.99 weekly. Phone number: (480) 539-7500

2)Intown Suites Phoenix South Extended Stay Property- 15424 South 50th Street, Phoenix, AZ for $199.99 weekly. Phone number: (480) 893-9399

3)Intown Suites Phoenix West Extended Stay Property- 1530 North 50th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85043 for $169.99 weekly. Phone number: (602) 455-3897.

The three properties are all extended-stay apartments that provide affordable weekly accommodation like Crossland Economy Studios.

You can do further research on them. I hope this information has been in one way or the other helpful to all of you who have been searching for accommodation in Phoenix.

I wish you all the best.

@Fabulousmum,
Good to hear from you again and thanks for the support.

I checked through the hotels and they seem far from MIHS, but one can never be too sure.....so i'll do more research on it.

I also checked some hotels yesterday, Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport -E.Oak St., 4537 E. Oak st, Phoenix, AZ 85008 US and Crossland Economy Studio (Vivianobas suggested this earlier).

I"ll keep all posted on any info i get. Thanks a lot.

@ All,

[size=14pt]Have a lovely weekend.[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2013
Mrs Bee:

Hii. Am here till Nov, using d same hospital. Where is ur wife gonna be staying. Cos it's so boring here, wouldn't mind aving a company. Anyway, I hope she's booked her appointment with the hospital already. Hollaa via email. Cheers

@ Mrs Bee,

Hope you are doing fine and finally settled? Have a lovely weekend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 11:24am On Sep 21, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@Fabulousmum,
Good to hear from you again and thanks for the support.

I checked through the hotels and they seem far from MIHS, but one can never be too sure.....so i'll do more research on it.

I also checked some hotels yesterday, Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport -E.Oak St., 4537 E. Oak st, Phoenix, AZ 85008 US and Crossland Economy Studio (Vivianobas suggested this earlier).

I"ll keep all posted on any info i get. Thanks a lot.

@ All,

[size=14pt]Have a lovely weekend.[/size]

@ hardemijuh , fabulusmom and All

We have made researches this week and after considering parameters like safety, distance etc. we have decided to make reservation for Extended stay E Oak and Crossland economy studio as the reservations could be cancel. We continue to search for rooms or special vacations rental affordable. Extended stay E Oak is not cheaper than crossland or Intow suite by I think we have to consider the review ( on trip advisor etc.) and other things like distance (3.9 mi for Extended E OAk, time of transportation by bus...40 min, or by taxi(emergency)..10 min with a cost near to 10 $ i have estimated).

a link to help :
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31310-i140-k6847955-2_months_stay_near_maricopa_medical_center-Phoenix_Arizona.html

Good week to all , God bless you, your family and your projects
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2013
papadebaby:

@ hardemijuh , fabulusmom and All

We have made researches this week and after considering parameters like safety, distance etc. we have decided to make reservation for Extended stay E Oak and Crossland economy studio as the reservations could be cancel. We continue to search for rooms or special vacations rental affordable. Extended stay E Oak is not cheaper than crossland or Intow suite by I think we have to consider the review ( on trip advisor etc.) and other things like distance (3.9 mi for Extended E OAk, time of transportation by bus...40 min, or by taxi(emergency)..10 min with a cost near to 10 $ i have estimated).

a link to help :
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31310-i140-k6847955-2_months_stay_near_maricopa_medical_center-Phoenix_Arizona.html

Good week to all , God bless you, your family and your projects

@ Papadebaby,

Wow......Great Research!!! Am sure you would have spent days before reaching these conclusions....Good decision and I think I will do the same.

The reviews on extended Stay Phoenix E.Oak seems better than crossland studios...I'll keep checking and will keep everyone posted.

Have you confirmed when you intend travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
hardeymijuh:

@ Papadebaby,

Wow......Great Research!!! Am sure you would have spent days before reaching these conclusions....Good decision and I think I will do the same.

The reviews on extended Stay Phoenix E.Oak seems better than crossland studios...I'll keep checking and will keep everyone posted.

Have you confirmed when you intend travelling?

@hardemijuh

Not yet for confirmation. We continue to explore in maryland but seems to be less favorable for us. Just because we have family there.
But we have to confirm at the end of october ( deadline). All things we are doing now is a planning in that my wife would fly during the second half of december and I will join her 2 or 3 weeks later. We are also planning a C section due to medical reason and because the birth date could be planned.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
please any idea of affordable good hospitals in Nashville please i need ans asap biko tanks and God bless you as you help a sistaaa in need lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
@ All,

[size=14pt]Happy Sunday[/size].

Have a blissful week

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.