Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382432 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
mom2015:

Hi Shawbabe,pls can u inbox ur pin or phone number to me. I am considering MIHS or El paso as well. Tnx

am elpaso bound in feb but delivering in march. staying approximately a month both for delivery and post delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 12:01am On Jan 13, 2015
Congrats GenoMi, Tvegas and all our new parents, may God bless & preserve all the lil angels.

@ GenoMi, thank God all is well now. Things could have been worse if it happened mid-air or in transit. Thank God you and the baby are well. That is the main issue. It will end in praise my sister!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lorlahbee: 12:32am On Jan 13, 2015
Adiahabasi:
Congrats on ur smooth entry! Pls would you be staying in a rented apartment or with family?need info on affordable accomodation n d dallas area. Thanks and God bless
hi, I'm staying with family. Pls wats d name of the hospital you are using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sweetchiomy: 12:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Hello house i will be travellning to elpaso by the end of this month jan cos my due date is 15th march 2015. Am on a low budget hence i would love to have a room mate so we could share the room bill and also be of help to each other as I will be traveling alone. Any one interested should pls contact me, we can also travel together from lagos if interested. My email address is sweetchiomy@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 1:09am On Jan 13, 2015
@tvegas, congrats. Welcome to our world baby boy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 1:13am On Jan 13, 2015
bosebabs:
Hello all, I had my baby on the 1st of jan but I didn't inform the embassy dat I was going to give birth in america cos I already had my visa b4 I got pregnant.
My tummy wasn't big when I came in dec and I didn't have any challenge at POE. The guy didn't even know I was preg and I just told him I was here for vacation.
I hope there won't be any issue when I want to renew my visa

Congrats bosebabs.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:40am On Jan 13, 2015
@ tvegas Congratulations! We will show for naming ceremony #teamsugarland #teamstafford
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 7:28am On Jan 13, 2015
We welcomed our baby at Oakbend on Sat 10th around 2.26am. I had contractions the day before which was 5minutes apart for sometime. I was scheduled for induction on Tuesday which is my EDD but baby decided to come on Saturday morning. Delivery was taken by one of his doctors. The experience coupled with the doctor hmmmm. Story for another day. I will share a useful experience I had after the delivery later. It's really important but now I have to stop and continue later.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Thanks for the Info

Bsharon:

Dr Amajoh (aka Dr Zee) southwest OBGY methodist hospital sugarland, I was given for
Rotune vaginal delivery $2,240 if @ high risk additional $72 ,
Twin delivery additional $750,
Cesarean section $2,560
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:16am On Jan 13, 2015
Flowers congrats. So sorry for your experience. It happens at times. Thank God you and little one are doing great.

Am surprised your baby was 4kg and you didn't have a tear shocked That's a miracle o. Is this your first baby? Please what and what did you do during your pregnancy that you think helped? I heard perineum massage could help, is it true?
Plus are there tips one can use during labour/pushing phase that would help avert tear? Tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mom2015: 8:16am On Jan 13, 2015
kairi:

Mom2015 I hail oh. April mom Due to travel to Atlanta sometime in March.
@kairi,Shawbabe and Chloe,thanks for the response . Abeg I am looking at gradys hospital, gwinett and Northside Atlanta. But with the posts I Av seen on d outrageous bills from gwinett, I Av narrowed my search to gradys and Northside Atlanta if ill be staying in Atlanta. Abeg help with a cost estimate and what ur reviews are for these hospitals ooo.
@ finechikala I dey hail ooo, I'm still trying to make up my mind on whr I'll be staying. I'll have to pay for rent if I use el Paso. Abeg help a sis ooo....dis confusion is killing me.

Meanwhile, I'm yet to get a response on d passport photo. Is it normal cos all dis confusion sef dey kill me.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 8:44am On Jan 13, 2015
mom2015:

@kairi,Shawbabe and Chloe,thanks for the response . Abeg I am looking at gradys hospital, gwinett and Northside Atlanta. But with the posts I Av seen on d outrageous bills from gwinett, I Av narrowed my search to gradys and Northside Atlanta if ill be staying in Atlanta. Abeg help with a cost estimate and what ur reviews are for these hospitals ooo.
@ finechikala I dey hail ooo, I'm still trying to make up my mind on whr I'll be staying. I'll have to pay for rent if I use el Paso. Abeg help a sis ooo....dis confusion is killing me.

Meanwhile, I'm yet to get a response on d passport photo. Is it normal cos all dis confusion sef dey kill me.
Thanks
himom2015,am April due mum too but am heading towards Houston becos of cost,you can pm me let me give you the details of the research have done so far i.e if you are considering Houston oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DFJ12: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2015
Hello my peeps, pls need ur advise.hubby and I got our visa April last year.we were suppose to go for summer but hubby was sent on official assignment during that time.so we cldnt go.we planned to use it dis year but God smiled on me late last year am pregnant.i knw am to write embassy but pls how early can I write dem cos we planned to go by June cos am due by august.tanks peeps.and am hoping to use elpaso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:34am On Jan 13, 2015
[quote author=Flowers post=29744712]

Congratulations on the birth of your baby, God bless both of you. Hope you have assistance with baby?

Please rest well o

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:04am On Jan 13, 2015
Mom2015, Grady is a ghetto hospital oh. The reviews are terrible. Pls just strike it off ur list to avoid stories that touch.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:11am On Jan 13, 2015
Tvegas:

congrats tvegas baba. love to mother and child. I was induced to have all my sons, so I see it as a normal thing now. we shall eat rice and chicken when u get back to naija. congratulations once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2015
Congrats @Tvegas and flowers, God bless you little bundle of joy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 13, 2015
Shawbabe:
Mom2015, Grady is a ghetto hospital oh. The reviews are terrible. Pls just strike it off ur list to avoid stories that touch.
true talk,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2015
mom2015:

@kairi,Shawbabe and Chloe,thanks for the response . Abeg I am looking at gradys hospital, gwinett and Northside
Thanks
gwinnett n northside is ok, for gwinnett the bill is usually minimal if you stay one day, but northside bill is always straight forward.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2015
c[quote author=Flowers post=29744712]We welcomed our baby at Oakbend on Sat 10th around 2.26am. I had contractions the day before which was 5minutes apart for sometime.

congrats flowers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2015
Tvegas:

Congrats man,regards to wife and son. Your posts are very succinct,and this is not an exception. Your contribution to this thread is invaluable, how Oakbend works is clearer now.

Congrats to @Flowers and other new mommas, God's blessings upon the LOs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2015
mimibe:
true talk,

Seriously?! A colleague of mine had all 3 kids at Grady Memorial, and non was more than $7k. And he said the place was ok. Reviews could be misleading tho.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 11:41am On Jan 13, 2015
My wife met a lady at Oakbend hospital yesterday when she went to make payment, she is dark in complexion and had a short conversation with her.

please indicate if you are the one o, we wanna ask about accommodation please. The lady used Dr Fagbohun, she made a comment that my wife didn't look preggy

Thank you and best regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cutielucy: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
hi all Goodday and Happy new year to u all...

@lolarhbee pls im planning on coming to Dallas 2 have my child very soon and am still in search 4 a hospital and a doctor..can you assist me with any info on how to contact the JPS,the hospital charges and the doctor u are using if possible... wld b highly grateful...awaiting ur response asap..Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
One URGENT question pls,

For those who drove in the state of Georgia, which license did uuse? The new Nigerian Drivers license or Intl Drivers Licence.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Thanks to you guys my trip was a success. I got really useful tips from here that I would normally not think about.

Got to the airport 3 hrs before departure. Was in traffic for 1 hr, the traffic started just at the toll gate. Wonder how it would have been if it was a week day. Really do not understand what is going on at our airport. 4 lanes eventaully minimized to 1 lane, plus people leaving the airport cannot connect to arrivals entrance road because the road is blocked and they would have to exit, go and turn around to come back-contributing to the traffic. Do we have to keep suffering like this in this country? Advice is to arrive airport on time, give it 6 hrs if possible!

Entered the airport, went to check in my luggage. I was directed to the fast track/first class lane. The custom officers were nice. I was honest about the food stuff I was carrying, they didn't ask me for money for that. The BA attendant was nice, no fussing when I handed my fit-to-fly letter. I was told to collect and fill the Ebola form (really helpful tip). Filled it out, took it back to them to endorse. Getting to the security check entrance, some guys wearing orange t-shirt wanted to collect money from me so that they can take me thru fast track. Told them I don't have anything. Went forward the the Ebola guys and submitted my Ebola form. After that I courageously ignored the common lane and walked to the fast track, I was allowed!

Got to Heathrow but before landing I asked the air hostess about the wheel chair I requested. She said it will be waiting for me when I arrive. And it was. It was a life saver for me cause in this pregnancy, long walks cause me both belly and back ache.

The Heathrow - Houston leg was super, the flight was not full and luckily had a whole row to myself. I stretched out and slept very well. Thank God!

Coming later is my CBP experience.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
weaseloo:
Thanks to you guys my trip was a success. I got really useful tips from here that I would normally not think about.
Got to the airport 3 hrs before departure. Was in traffic for 1 hr, the traffic started just at the toll gate. Wonder how it would have been if it was a week day. Really do not understand what is going on at our airport. 4 lanes eventaully minimized to 1 lane, plus people leaving the airport cannot connect to arrivals entrance road because the road is blocked and they would have to exit, go and turn around to come back-contributing to the traffic. Do we have to keep suffering like this in this country? Advice is to arrive airport on time, give it 6 hrs if possible!
Entered the airport, went to check in my luggage. I was directed to the fast track/first class lane. The custom officers were nice. I was honest about the food stuff I was carrying, they didn't ask me for money for that. The BA attendant was nice, no fussing when I handed my fit-to-fly letter. I was told to collect and fill the Ebola form (really helpful tip). Filled it out, took it back to them to endorse. Getting to the security check entrance, some guys wearing orange t-shirt wanted to collect money from me so that they can take me thru fast track. Told them I don't have anything. Went forward the the Ebola guys and submitted by Ebola form. After that I courageously ignored the common lane and walked to the fast track, I was allowed!
Got to Heathrow but before landing I asked the air hostess about the wheel chair I requested. She said it will be waiting for me when I arrive. And it was. It was a life saver for me cause in this pregnancy, long walks cause me both belly and back ache.
The Heathrow - Houston leg was super, the flight was not full and luckily had a whole row to myself. I stretched out and sleep very well. Thank God!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
weaseloo:
Got to the airport 3 hrs before departure. Was in traffic for 1 hr, the traffic started just at the toll gate. Wonder how it would have been if it was a week day. Really do not understand round to come back-contributing to the traffic. Do we have to keep suffering like this in this country? Advice is to arrive airport on time, give it 6 hrs if possible!
Entered the airport, went to check in my luggage. I was directed to the fast track/first class lane. The custom officers were nice. I was honest about the food stuff I was carrying, they didn't ask me for money for that. The BA attendant was nice, no fussing when I handed my fit-to-fly letter. I was told to collect and fill the Ebola form (really helpful . After that I courageously ignored the common lane and walked to the fast track, I was allowed!
Got to Heathrow but before landing I asked
The Heathrow - Houston leg was super, the flight was not full and luckily had a whole row to myself. I stretched out and sleep very well. Thank God!
so envious of your empty seats for the stretching. Lol glad u had a nice flight experience. Waiting for your Poe experience gist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
mom2015:

@kairi,Shawbabe and Chloe,thanks for the response . Abeg I am looking at gradys hospital, gwinett and Northside Atlanta. But with the posts I Av seen on d outrageous bills from gwinett, I Av narrowed my search to gradys and Northside Atlanta.

I hear Gradys is "ghetto" o, nurses are extremely rude and don't care for patients at all. They're affordable sha if you're looking to saving. Not trying to discredit them, its just what I've heard from people's experiences.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Shawbabe:
One URGENT question pls,

For those who drove in the state of Georgia, which license did uuse? The new Nigerian Drivers license or Intl Drivers Licence.
I used the intl drivers license
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
bj2012golf:

Seriously?! A colleague of mine had all 3 kids at Grady Memorial, and non was more than $7k. And he said the place was ok. Reviews could be misleading tho.

Regards
my dear, I went there to make enquiry and I met one of the nurse and she even advised me to use northside. She told me some stories that I can't even remember sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lol thanks for replying. grin

Mom2015, I'm Atlanta bound oh....in fact I read that my old post and I dunno what the hell I was thinking considering El paso and Arizona lol.

@Ritrit u haven't read the thread as u are quoting posts from 6 months back and asking same questions.

Meanwhile, all these people quoting Tvegas long posts just to say congrats or asj for email, u people are making it harder for phone users to scroll through. angry undecided

That you didnt use El Paso and Arizona does not warrant your statement. All US hospitals have certain minimum and maximum requirements before you can operate. So for those hospitals to be given license, they met those criteria s. Besides, its the blue pali thats the concern of most of us weather you delivered in George Bush personal hospital, El Paso or Arizona. I delivered my baby in El Paso last Sept and got excellent service from both Hospital and Doctors that I wouldn't even get in those over hyped hospitals in Lagos and Abuja. With epidural and no hidden charges.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.