Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381997 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nomanicole(f): 2:57am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=Flowers post=29744712]We welcomed our baby at Oakbend on Sat 10th around 2.26am.

Congrats flowers! On d birth of ur baby...the story of a hebrew woman...theres no trick to it. 4kg and no tear or epidural. Wow! God be praised
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 5:14am On Jan 14, 2015
egariyi:

That you didnt use El Paso and Arizona does not warrant your statement. All US hospitals have certain minimum and maximum requirements before you can operate. So for those hospitals to be given license, they met those criteria s. Besides, its the blue pali thats the concern of most of us weather you delivered in George Bush personal hospital, El Paso or Arizona. I delivered my baby in El Paso last Sept and got excellent service from both Hospital and Doctors that I wouldn't even get in those over hyped hospitals in Lagos and Abuja. With epidural and no hidden charges.

Are you for real? Why are you so worked up about someone's post? It had nothing to do with the hospitals or quality of service rather a personal choice. Madam please take a chill pill..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 6:18am On Jan 14, 2015
kizluv:

Hahahahahahahahaha, Shawbabe shocked KILODE !!!
Make una no make me laugh o, Babe, please calm down, it's the hormones. That is how I was accused of forming gist as I don't have work again, still shaking my head. Please calm your nerves, no vex.

cheesy Lmao! My dear I don't understand some people, but it is well oh. I have since calmed down. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 6:49am On Jan 14, 2015
You guys should stop copying the troll na. You are even helping him more.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2015
IyawoToBe:
You guys should stop copying the troll na. You are even helping him more.

IyawoToBe, this guy is in a deep sleep. What's my business with hair?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 7:06am On Jan 14, 2015
Naniakay:

IyawoToBe, this guy is in a deep sleep. What's my business with hair?
He obviously missed road cheesy

But his reason for posting here is not farfetched na, as I read on front page some days ago about a pregnant woman who still wears butt pad grin grin Shakara must not end cos we dey carry belle. kiss

I for patronize the guy, but as I dey now shishi no fit leave my account for frivolities. El paso money must complete by fire by force wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 7:22am On Jan 14, 2015
IyawoToBe:
He obviously missed road cheesy

But his reason for posting here is not farfetched na, as I read on front page some days ago about a pregnant woman who still wears butt pad grin grin Shakara must not end cos we dey carry belle. kiss

I for patronize the guy, but as I dey now shishi no fit leave my account for frivolities. El paso money must complete by fire by force wink

So True jare,the money must complete oo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 7:33am On Jan 14, 2015
uchetobi:

Can't remember exactly.... Check my old posts.... I gave a detailed breakdown of the costs. I know the hospital was 2,150 and epidural was 850. Thats all I can remember

Thanks dear!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 7:37am On Jan 14, 2015
Congratulations to the new mums and dads and to those who have just got their visas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Hello My People in the house:

I got an email from Dr. Fagbohun, I want to know if I still need to book an appointment with Oakbend Medical Center and to have letter confirming that my wife would be coming to give birth at their hospital to add with the Dr. Fagbohun's letter.

Please throw more light on this for me, I will apply from Doha, Qatar and here the VO will check and scrutinize all doc thoroughly, that is why I need more information to convince them.

Thanks, am awaiting your response.

Congrats to all new parent in the house.

God Bless,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ginnny: 9:06am On Jan 14, 2015
Hello and happy new year. Pls I plan to give birth in ny because I have relatives there but still scouting for affordable and good quality ny hospitals. Pls dear nl members beed your help especially vineb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 9:38am On Jan 14, 2015
Check page 36 for info on Wyckoff Medical centre NY or you google them, all the best...

Ginnny:
Hello and happy new year. Pls I plan to give birth in ny because I have relatives there but still scouting for affordable and good quality ny hospitals. Pls dear nl members beed your help especially vineb

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=oluwafunkenny post=29769265]Thank God!!! I collected my passport today at DHL, visa granted without call for interview. Thanks to Nairalanders for their advise on stating medical as primary purpose of trip. @ Lalavita, phema, Tvegas, Sayoberry and all; thanks a bunch.

Let me now start preparing. May mums in the house heading to Houston, kindly respond for bonding.

Present! Will be leaving for houston in may, using methodist hospital. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2015
This is just the Doctor's bill, the hospital has it own bill based on how many days u spend in the hospital, epidural fee, lab etc but the good side is Dr Zee will accept some medical test done here in Nigeria,so u don't spend more on lab test. Was also told there is discount for self payment.
www.swobgyn.com

quote author=mom2015 post=29771064]

@bsharon is this bill all inclusive or are there any other additional costs attached to this bill?
tnx[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:14am On Jan 14, 2015
Good Morning Family,

I sent Dr. Fagbohun a mail yesterday and got a reply immediately attached with the comprehensive delivery fees and some required medical tests.

Thanks house.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ginnny: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2015
Thank you,fruitilicious
Fruitilicious:
Check page 36 for info on Wyckoff Medical centre NY or you google them, all the best...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
bbaby84:

Are you for real? Why are you so worked up about someone's post? It had nothing to do with the hospitals or quality of service rather a personal choice. Madam please take a chill pill..

Doing exactly what you are accusing me off. So who's for real here? madam oversabi shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
hello jyde2014

saw u tried to send a PM, only God knows how it works. if u don't mind u can leave ur message/question here. tnx.

May the good Lord take control of this thread. people be angry not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
hellompeople.
currently in houston...
cold ehn..
im at hiighwaay 6(d place tvegas mentioned) my story long no be small. lemme rest first.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Stop that fight.....u may lose ur life *singing Christy ese igbokwe*

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
sayoberry:
hellompeople.
currently in houston...
cold ehn..
im at hiighwaay 6(d place tvegas mentioned) my story long no be small. lemme rest first.

Madam say welcome o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
GRACE-The movie by princeadeade
PART 3: The Atlanta smooth POE experience

1st off all, the departure is lagos is a quite stressful from the packing,get a shuttle bus from car park to the departure hall on MMA TO weighing luggages etc. I requested for wheel chair assistance from delta and demanded priority treatment for her based on her pregnancy at checking counters which they gave willingly and pleasurably.
Though she later declined the wheel chair,a delta representative wheeled her hand luggage and took her through priority route till she boarded the plane.

Wifey arrived atlanta POE a some 2 hours ago. i tracked her flight on http://flightaware.com till she landed so I knew when to call her .

IO(Immigration Officer):Why are you here
Wifey: To have my baby
IO:Thats obvious
IO: have you contacted the doctor
Wifey: Yes
IO: Is the address you stated here correct
Wifey: Yes
IO:who is the person located in this address
Wifey:He is a family friend
IO: Any food items
Wifey:Yes
IO stamps her in for six months,no documents asked and sends her for secondary inspection

IO at secondary inspection does not check her,just asks her same same as the initial IO , asks specifics on her food items without searching her bags and finally asks how much she has with her.the IO also gave the epistle of her paying for all services and getting proof of zero balance before leaving the US. This also lasted for less than five minutes

After some minutes when she was picking her bags,an IO came to meet her to report to the secondary inspection point that they didnt count her money.She goes there to meet another IO who again asks how much she has with her.She(i.e IO) then states that if she counts it ,would it be exactly the amount she stated because my wifey can get into trouble if it exceeds it and my wifey gave her to count it by all means but she(i.e IO) declined and just sends her away

She is now waiting to get on her connecting flight to Houston

THE STORY OF GRACE CONTINUES

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
Congrats Sayoberry, princeadeade for smooth POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ tvegas and sayoberry

pls is the highway 6 same as in town suites highway 6 extended stay. and how far/close is it to oakbend medical center, 22003 southwest freeway. tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Sezbaby: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hi All
Congrats to all the new moms, successful POEs and expectants! smiley
I'm a first time mom and really appreciate all the support from this forum. I dunno what I'lld have done without you guys.
I was gonna go to Gwinneth ATL b4 but since I have family in Maryland, I've decided to go there instead.
A friend recommended shady grove medical centre and a Dr. Yu. I have been in touch and all in all, we're looking at about $10 - $11k in bills.
I however think its too expensive and would like to explore other options.
So to all in the house, information on Maryland hospitals, their rates and user experience(as per delivery oo) is urgently needed abeg as i want to apply for my visa asap.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello house, still no response about His Grace Lodge in El Paso. So no one has stayed there before? May mums travelling in April and using El Paso, holla. Let's plan togeda.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
kk, sending you a pm please

lalavita:
Congrats!
I'm an April/May mum but not going the Houston route. All the best with the rest of your planning.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oresmum: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this thread for a very long time, enjoying the jokes and taking in all the information. But technically, I'm new here so please welcome me o grin

I am currently in Houston. I came in last week through United direct flight and the POE was very smooth - I made it in with all my plenty naija food stuff.

I will keep you updated as I go along while I wait for the arrival of my baby.

Once again....thanks to all the active contributors for keeping me company throughout this journey.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
I will be going in April because am due in May. I have sent you a pm

[quote author=Bsharon post=29778888][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anupopo: 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello fam. Pls does anyone know a good and affordable maternity hospital n doc in tampa, florida? Any experiences, idea of costs or recommendations? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
isysleek:
Hello house, still no response about His Grace Lodge in El Paso. So no one has stayed there before? May mums travelling in April and using El Paso, holla. Let's plan togeda.

@isysleek

I visited His grace lodge during my stay in Elpaso. I can't say for sure what the rooms are like but it's a house with bedrooms. I think you will share amenities like kitchen and the sitting rooms. But it's a lovely house in a safe residential area. However, it is some distance away from the hospital and other places. But the owner provides chauffer services though i am not sure how it runs and he is a really nice family man.

Sorry i can't contribute much. Hope this little helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.