Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384147 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by odtaiwo: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello Guys,

Please does anyone have a link for accommodation for Houston (somewhere around WHMC)...for an April Mama,
we dont mind sharing the cost of a two bed with someone, the prices we are getting are quite outrageous.

Thanks in Advance People
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
@ Saved2Serve;

please I tried to send you a message from here, please reply and let us chat, I want to ask about MIHS package from you. Please.

Also, Anybody in the house that know more about MIHS should please contact me. Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lala4sure: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
makoko:

My wife is a july momma too and planning to use el paso.
Started the conversation already and mail has been sent to the clinic.
But planning to let her leave wit our 3yr old son by may ending

OK, I am also planning on leaving last week of May but i haven't started my hospital discussions yet as i am still weighing my options in terms of final destination. However Elpaso and Mihs still topping my chart smiley Have you got visa already (your wifey)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lala4sure: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hawttattoo:

Hello lala, I am July mum. I was also checking on MIHS and El Paso but I think am finally settling for El Paso. Let's plan together. From tickets to hotel. Cheers

Hey dear, I noticed you tried sending PM to me, I'm sorry i don't know how that works really ohh. But cool, we can plan if i finally decide on El paso( which seem likely anyways) grin I will be travelling alone so any location where i can get help from other mommas is highly considered, and from what i have seen here i think there are lots of mamas headed to that location. Have you got visa as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
U shouldn't have any issues just have your evidence of payments made and correspondence with your dr and the hospital if any. Just be honest with the Poe officer when u r asked any questions.

house, Will poe officer allow a 34 weeks pregnant mum travelling to US for the first time entry?
With all bills paid down. But what was stated at the interview was vacation.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hell house. Please I need information. Mamas that did us passort for there baby between November to date in phoenix in the absence of your hubby what documents did you use?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lol thanks for replying. grin

Mom2015, I'm Atlanta bound oh....in fact I read that my old post and I dunno what the hell I was thinking considering El paso and Arizona lol.

@Ritrit u haven't read the thread as u are quoting posts from 6 months back and asking same questions.

Meanwhile, all these people quoting Tvegas long posts just to say congrats or asj for email, u people are making it harder for phone users to scroll through. angry undecided

Hi Shawbabe. When are you traveling? I am Atlanta bound as well, leaving in March. We should hook up, please inbox me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
mom2015:

@kairi,Shawbabe and Chloe,thanks for the response . Abeg I am looking at gradys hospital, gwinett and Northside Atlanta. But with the posts I Av seen on d outrageous bills from gwinett, I Av narrowed my search to gradys and Northside Atlanta if ill be staying in Atlanta. Abeg help with a cost estimate and what ur reviews are for these hospitals ooo.
@ finechikala I dey hail ooo, I'm still trying to make up my mind on whr I'll be staying. I'll have to pay for rent if I use el Paso. Abeg help a sis ooo....dis confusion is killing me.

Meanwhile, I'm yet to get a response on d passport photo. Is it normal cos all dis confusion sef dey kill me.
Thanks

I am most likely using north side as the estimate is about 3550 after discount. I haven't seen Grady's, will look that up too. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cecebee: 10:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,

I had my baby girl on Tuesday at Del Sol Medical Centre, El Paso.

Thanks be to God. Excellent service too.

For now, I'm recovering and trying to help baby breast feed. Will update later.

God bless us all.

@Merrymom

Hi Merrymom, congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy. Thank God for safe delivery and God bless mom and baby!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello.
My cousin used Mercy hospital.

Hospital 2600 Vaginal Del.
Doc fees 3244 vaginal, 3677 CS(if paid b4 delivery)
Lab work and ultrasound 818(20% discount will be gotten if paid in full).

Hope this helps.

[Quote author=Gratefulaheart post=29804925] Someone please help a sister out cry[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Hawttattoo: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
lala4sure:

Hey dear, I noticed you tried sending PM to me, I'm sorry i don't know how that works really ohh. But cool, we can plan if i finally decide on El paso( which seem likely anyways) grin I will be travelling alone so any location where i can get help from other mommas is highly considered, and from what i have seen here i think there are lots of mamas headed to that location. Have you got visa as well?

Yes I ve visa..I don't equally know how to send PM.lol . Okk lemme know when you make up ur mind. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello.
My cousin used Mercy hospital in Arkansas.

Hope this helps

Gratefulaheart:
Someone please help a sister out cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
[quote author=ajobi21 post=29809144][/quote]

I am currently in NJ and also using Hackensack. Though I would be gone from here before May, by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
DIDNT YOU FREEZE YOUR PALM OIL
sayoberry:
story story.
so my flight was for 11;30pm from lag to london, london to dallas and dallas to houston.
i had requested a wheelchair online and checked in to. i went to check my bags and my precious palm oil was siezed. i was wheeled to the plane and den we took off. british qirways food was poor. so i ate pringles and slept thru d flight.
got to london and customs stopped me. said my tummy wqs too big that how long gone was i. i said 30 weeks with twins. immediately they heard twins the pampering began.. i was wheeled to the depature area. my next flight was in 6hours and i was hungry and so tired. i went to the lounge and was told to pay 60pounds to sleep for 3 hours. na so i carry myself back to depqture area, put my bag as pillow and slept.
i woke up 2 hours to my flight and went to check in cos my flight to dallas was with american airlines. they said an american immigration would come and check if my visa was eligible for childbirth. he came, xhecked and told them to check me in. then a wheelchair took me to the plane.

the flight to dallas was loonnggg... but i had four seats to myself with lots of pillows and blankets, they kept bringing food and water and tea, ice cream and i was eating all (me wey hunger don catch from london)
by the time we got to dallas my feet was times 3 the size. really swollen. so i told them i would walk instead of the wheelchair (big mistake)
the distance was so long... i was looking for where to collect my bags.. i searxhed for 20 mins before i was told i had to go thru customs first . i got to cuatoms and saw like 200 people on queue... i wanted to faint
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ee8091: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
I love this house and your level of corporation

i just had my baby in august last year and i am so regreting not going to the us

I had no information as at then,probably if i had stumbled on this forum the story would have been difrent

just want ot say keep up the good work

also,i want to know what it would require to have my baby in the usa

what i need to to get my usa visa as i will need to travel with my mom,cheapest hospitals,and cheap accomodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 11:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
SORRY DEAR, been away from here for a while. i hv replied you. ask me the questions...
segbas:
@ Saved2Serve;

please I tried to send you a message from here, please reply and let us chat, I want to ask about MIHS package from you. Please.

Also, Anybody in the house that know more about MIHS should please contact me. Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
YOU NO FREEZE AM
sayoberry:
story story.
so my flight was for 11;30pm from lag to london, london to dallas and dallas to houston.
i had requested a wheelchair online and checked in to. i went to check my bags and my precious palm oil was siezed. i was wheeled to the plane and den we took off. british qirways food was poor. so i ate pringles and slept thru d flight.
got to london and customs stopped me. said my tummy wqs too big that how long gone was i. i said 30 weeks with twins. immediately they heard twins the pampering began.. i was wheeled to the depature area. my next flight was in 6hours and i was hungry and so tired. i went to the lounge and was told to pay 60pounds to sleep for 3 hours. na so i carry myself back to depqture area, put my bag as pillow and slept.
i woke up 2 hours to my flight and went to check in cos my flight to dallas was with american airlines. they said an american immigration would come and check if my visa was eligible for childbirth. he came, xhecked and told them to check me in. then a wheelchair took me to the plane.

the flight to dallas was loonnggg... but i had four seats to myself with lots of pillows and blankets, they kept bringing food and water and tea, ice cream and i was eating all (me wey hunger don catch from london)
by the time we got to dallas my feet was times 3 the size. really swollen. so i told them i would walk instead of the wheelchair (big mistake)
the distance was so long... i was looking for where to collect my bags.. i searxhed for 20 mins before i was told i had to go thru customs first . i got to cuatoms and saw like 200 people on queue... i wanted to faint
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
Expectant mamas and daddies to be in the house. We thank God for all the stories and experiences shared here.There are some things i will like to shed light on;
1) Please do not underestimate the power of compression socks ooo. It works big time.The last thing you want to experience when you travel is complications that will arise as a result of deep vein thrombosis caused by swollen feet as a result of immobility. I know someone who has experienced it while going to give birth and it ended up being so serious. Wear the compression socks on long flights and as much as you can, try and be move around on the plane.

2) For those just joining the thread, you have no idea how blessed you are to meet this page up to 300 and something fully packed with information. i have never seen such a generous bunch of info sharers like the people on nairaland and all i can say is please do not start from the last page,take time and read from the beginning. If reading is too much of an issue, start from page 100. You will not regret it.

3) Also one basic thing that continues to be a focal point here is truthfulness. if you are going for your visa and pregnant, prepare well(pack your BURDEN OF PROOF)tell them you are pregnant and God willing you will be given a visa. If you are pregnant after your visa or have gone on vacation before, send a letter and get the standard reply. Let us not complicate issues for ourselves and then begin to blame the people at POE when the gist given to us here is one sided.
PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU ALL.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2015
Virtuousdiva:
Expectant mamas and daddies to be in the house. We thank God for all the stories and experiences shared here.There are some things i will like to shed light on;
1) Please do not underestimate the power of compression socks ooo. It works big time.The last thing you want to experience when you travel is complications that will arise as a result of deep vein thrombosis caused by swollen feet as a result of immobility. I know someone who has experienced it while going to give birth and it ended up being so serious. Wear the compression socks on long flights and as much as you can, try and be move around on the plane.

2) For those just joining the thread, you have no idea how blessed you are to meet this page up to 300 and something fully packed with information. i have never seen such a generous bunch of info sharers like the people on nairaland and all i can say is please do not start from the last page,take time and read from the beginning. If reading is too much of an issue, start from page 100. You will not regret it.

3) Also one basic thing that continues to be a focal point here is truthfulness. if you are going for your visa and pregnant, prepare well(pack your BURDEN OF PROOF)tell them you are pregnant and God willing you will be given a visa. If you are pregnant after your visa or have gone on vacation before, send a letter and get the standard reply. Let us not complicate issues for ourselves and then begin to blame the people at POE when the gist given to us here is one sided.
PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU ALL.

Thanks @ Virtuousdiva. Nice points. However from all the response I have read concerning letter of change of intent, i don't think it's necessary to write it if you had used your visa for the purpose for which it was granted. B1/B2 visa includes medical assistance. If you got the visa for vacation and used it for vacation, you can also use it for birthing purposes later,without writing the embassy. Problem comes when you get the visa for vacation and don't use it at all for that purpose but instead turn around to use it for birthing. In that case it would appear you deceived the VO during your interview and so to clear that impression you need to write the letter of change of intent.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 12:13am On Jan 16, 2015
rable:
@ ajobi and lalavita
Hackensack mountainside hospital nj
normal delivery 6.5k
c/s 8.5k.
both hospital and doctor s fees. think that's d cheapest in NJ
you can Google it.

For Hackensack the quote I got from my doctor is 2k for normal delivery while hospital is 3,800k. Giving a total of 5,800k. This is exclusive of the fees from other professionals. I ran all their tests with a total bill of 650 but I paid 220, discounted bill. You are right. It's about the cheapest in NJ.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Biko,mummyS in the house, how does a woman who had a cs cope alone in U.S. without help

A friend of mine hired a nanny, she got a naija lady in houston that came 9am to 6pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by makoko(m): 1:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Hello house,

Any good and reliable hospital in Arkansas for recommedation.
Though I have started talking to.saint Mary's Regional Medical Centre but more info on another clinuc would be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by makoko(m): 1:12am On Jan 16, 2015
lala4sure:

OK, I am also planning on leaving last week of May but i haven't started my hospital discussions yet as i am still weighing my options in terms of final destination. However Elpaso and Mihs still topping my chart smiley Have you got visa already (your wifey)?

Not gotten visa cos want to be sure of the final destination too.
Thinking of Arkansas cos I have a relative there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 4:19am On Jan 16, 2015
@Tvegas and @ MerryMom Congratulations on the arrival of your testimony babies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oghobahase: 4:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Thank you for the shadowbrooke comment.You have done well
Tvegas:
Hallo my people. We welcomed a baby boy into the world on the 7th of January 2015, coincidentally January 10th was my wife’s birthday, so it’s been double celebration. I have also been busy changing diaper, rocking baby etc The experience was an awesome one, labor proceeded slowly so you could see me praying more than papa adeboye. Infact after the episode I asked myself if I could pray that much.lol.

We had gone to oakbend on Williams way campus to inspect the facility before that day so everything was familiar. They have private birthing suites and private post-partum rooms . Dr fagbohun also kept checking on us,one of his doctors an Indian named Sherry eventually took the delivery.
I see a lot of confusion around Dr Fagbohun’s practice and I wanna address them as I see many people insisting on staying in Richmond to birth. Richmond is kinda bushy and very quiet, someone like me cant stay there. Fagbohun has 4 clinics where you can have your prenatal visits, these clinics are spread across Houston, Sugarland and 2 in Richmond. I live close to Sugarland so we selected that option; I have also visited the one in Richmond before. Oakbend itself has about 3 hospitals in Richmond but you will deliver at Williams way campus.

Dr fagbohun (Baba) is actually the medical director of the Oakbend medical center located on the Williams way campus. He presently has 4 doctors on his payroll . He shuttles around the 4 clinics and insists on meeting his clients at their clinic visits, honestly I don’t know why he doesn't delegate the check ups. This man has an average of 15 clients in each clinic per day. He also personally answer your emails, he doesn’t delegate that one too. He is a stakeholder in Oakbend, so on the average if 15 people are admitted, his own client may be like 8 while other doctors share the rest. But at every time he has at least one of his doctors on duty.
He told me he has delivered 4,000 babies till date. The man is actually experienced and too sure of himself. Which brings me to his major weakness, overconfidence but not arrogance as he is very playful.

I selected him not really because of the money but I wanted someone I could relate with and I needed someone that could help negotiate my bills incase of any complications. We actually had a quarrel before we became friends because his preferred method of delivery is induction, so my wife was scheduled for induction at 39 weeks before her due date. I guess because of his busy schedule, he wants to attend every birth but we weren’t hell bent on having him around. So as a JJC I wanted to get a better explanation on this induction method but he wasn’t on duty when we got to the hospital, our phone conversation resulted in an argument. We returned back home on the day of initial induction, Dec 28th and decided to wait till my wife’s EDD was past. A couple of NL members used induction successfully though, so it’s a 50/50 thing, it can lead to natural birth or CS. He won’t force you to induce except there is a risk to the baby, so you have to let him know what you want early enough. We finally induced after my wife’s due date and we thank God it was successful.

I will write the final chapter of my diary when I finish documentation and get the zero balance from Oakbend. My BC will be ready today, it was processed on the 8th.

I have been getting lots of love from NL members. shout out to the Houston crew . Special appreciation to Naniakay for visiting us with pepper soup and gifts on Saturday.

Congrats to the new Visa Receivers and The new babies in the House.

@GENOMI: my friend everything happens for a reason. We need to be grateful. What if the water broke when you were airborne?

@Princeadeade and Ritdan, I won’t advise you to book shadowbrooke except you have cash to burn. It’s a beautiful environment though. We pay like $2000 dollars per month for a flat , which is not inclusive of utility bills and furnishings . We had to pay 3 full months that we didn’t use. . If you insist I will give their details though. I helped some Nairaland members check out a place on highway 6, I will send the details to you too. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:17am On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks,
I have sent you an email and the request

Saved2Serve:
SORRY DEAR, been away from here for a while. i hv replied you. ask me the questions...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gratefulaheart: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2015
isysleek:
Hello.
My cousin used Mercy hospital in Arkansas.

Hope this helps

Awww. Thanks so much for this info. Pls can you help with the doctor's details? and When did your cousin use Mercy Hospital as i think i called them some days ago and they mentioned $5000 for hospital bill with a 1day stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gratefulaheart: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2015
makoko:

Not gotten visa cos want to be sure of the final destination too.
Thinking of Arkansas cos I have a relative there.
Hello, am glad am finally meeting someone heading to arkansas here. Pls have you contacted any hospital or doc? when do you intend to travel? pls lets plan together.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jan 16, 2015
@Tvegas

Please leave that post on quote to avoid people quoting the whole post only to say 'congratulations', it makes this thread unnecessarily longer and difficult to scroll through for people on mobile.

I put it on quote 2x and you removed it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by odtaiwo: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2015
@zeezahbee and @sayoberry

I got your PM but cant seems to view the message you sent, can you kindly please post the message or send me an
email at @odtaiwo@gmail.com

@Justwise please dont bounce this message oo (Thanks in Advance)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2015
@favouredB l have sent you a pm, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2015
kykes:
Hiya all,

To God be the glory, I am typing from my room in sugarland.

I landed at about 2.40pm in houston today that's 9.40 pm naija time..
POE was quick and smooth. Thanks for the wisdom of wheel chair request that helps u beat queues and get priority attention.

Will post my story shortly.

muah!

Hello Dear,

Please are u using Methodist Sugarland. I will be in Sugarland soon we should hook up . If u using methodist can u give me info on DOC.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.