Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? (8872 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Exmilitant(m): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2020
doubleportion:

Though I didn't dispute your assertion about church,yet church is a place where we draw spiritual strength, all the five fold ministry involving gathering of people for the purpose of the strong bearing the weak. Most especially a new born in Christ needs the milk of the word before he/she can stand on his/her own.
Nah, you will only be fed with dogmas, bias and will emerge a sentimental person if you gather with them religious folks nothing there! Now how hard is it to grow enlighten on your own?
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Holypriesthood: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2020
Just tell Jesus that you give your life to him and tell the holy spirit to enter into your body and guide you in all you do. Its as simple as that. Then see as the lord puts your life in order
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by herlecks(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2020
John 3:16.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Eileene(f): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2020
YoungLionken:
It's quite simple but hard.

1) Surrender completely to Christ. Ask him to save you.
2) Listen and sing gospel songs constantly.
3) Associate with well known Christians on and offline.
4) Visit a bible believing church.
5) Listen to God's generals messages both local and international...
@Friezerna take this seriously
This is one sure way to grow in Christ also have a consistent prayer and Bible study life.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by chiefconerstone: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2020
REPENT - repentance is seen your sinful state and been genuinely sorrowful before God. Repentance leads to turning to God and asking for forgiveness. It also means turning away from all known sin.
FAITH - Have faith that Jesus died to atone for your sins . Though we deserve punishment " for the wages of sin is death" God will forgive us because of our faith in the death of Jesus christ. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Then we become new creations in christ .
Holy spirit - ask God to immerse (baptize) you in his Holy spirit . The Holy spirit lives in us to give us the power to live to live a life that please God.
Fellowship- join a congregation that will help you grow from a new born baby to a mature Christian
Discipleship - follow the footsteps of Jesus and other mature brethren in christ
Evangelism - tell others about the great things God has done in your own life. If you have no story then probably you have no experience. That will be a tragedy.

Jesus christ can only save sinners. He has no agenda for the self righteous people.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
Please help!! how do I genuinely give my life to Christ. I know the truth.
please help me

Take a strong decision to follow Jesus. Repent genuinely and confess Jesus Christ as ur lord and saviour. Your main helper is the Holy Spirit and u must pray fervently. The moment u stop praying, u start loosing his presence. If possible, set an alarm on ur phone to pray every 4hrs, no matter how simple, it's all about relying and trusting on Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit to help u. As u journey through this, it becomes easier, and then u begin to grow through the word of God.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by salt1: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
1. Accept you're a sinner
2. Hate the sins enough to desire a change
3. Confess and renounce them to God, promising never to go back to them. Believe that God is hearing you.
4. If you do it sincerely from a broken and contrite heart, you will feel the heavy load of condemnation and conviction leave your heart. In their place, you will have unspeakable joy and peace.
5. You will notice that the sins and habits that you enjoyed before lose their appeal to you. You won't be battling to stop them, but you won't even desire them. If old things don't pass away, then salvation hasn't happened yet. If any man is in Christ, he's a new creature.

God bless you
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
orgylover:
LURE YOUR PASTORS WIFE, ADEBOYE OR OYEDEPO WIFE IF POSSIBLE. Bleep HER TILL SHE CUMS SQUIRTING ALL OVER THE PLACE. AND
BOOM YOUR LIFE IS GIVEN TO CHRIST. kiss
may God cleanse your dirty brain

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by professore(m): 12:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me
simple follow the instruction in Romans 10 vs 9- 11. Then find a bible believing church and attend their services. Gospel faith mission is a recommendation.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by salt1: 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
b0rn2fuck:
I have given my life to Christ more than 10 times

Did you hold on in prayer until you experienced His forgiving power? If it's just to raise your hand and accept Him as Lord and personal Saviour, there's no experience or commitment in that. You can't have another person pray the penitent's prayer for you.
I gave my life to Christ so many times that I lost count, but I didn't experience anything. Until I approached God alone in prayer, confessed my sins to Him alone, and held on in faith until the joy of salvation swept over me. After that experience, I had no doubt that God is. Second, I found that I lost interest in the sins that gave me pleasure before.
Get something real. Don't settle for a head knowledge, but have an experiential knowledge of God's saving grace. If not, you won't be a consistent Christian.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by MoneyTrees(m): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
@OP; ma niggarrr is hallucinating.... >: grin grin grin cheesy
Hope you didn't smoke the weed from the tree in the middle of the garden?
Cos that ain't Mali Kush

Wake up, Religion ain't nothing but a scam to enslave niggarz...
So nice lots of real niggarz know the truth now

Only pvssy ass niggarrr people will be quoting me right now to say more of their hallucinations

friezerna:
please help me
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Emmyloyalty: 12:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ask him to come into your life and be your Lord. After that, stay away from sin and join a Bible believing church.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by GIFTD: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me
Godly sorrow over sin committed brings genuine repentance therefrom opens the door of your heart for Christ Jesus to enter for your salvation....without faith on the message of salvation you cannot be sorrowful for your sins and Christ Jesus will not come into your life...do not doubt your forgiveness and sonship of God because is by Grace through faith...all you need is to work it out in faith through your participation and involvement in the programs of God for you and you'll see that God is real and in your life. The programs is clarified into grace and truth John1:17..Grace program feeds you with the sincere milk of the word of God which is what you need now and can find in the gospel classes. You grow therein to desire the meat/bone of the word of God which can find in kingdom gospel classes.Hebrews5:13-14 Mathew24:14. Salvation is like when you get admission into the university but if you don't participate/involve in your course programs you cannot be that doctor, lawyer or engineer you were admitted to become similarly if you do not involve in your gospel classes and kingdom gospel class courses you will never manifest that sonship of God you're saved for. Romans8:19-25
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by ofiko123(m): 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Just confess with your mouth and believe it in your heart that Jesus Christ is the son of the God and the saviour of the world you will be saved..
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Afromentalist: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me
Who in the Bible ever gave his life to Christ ?
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Thelife: 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
This guy above me ehn! cheesy Jesus first told the guy to fulfill the commandments before tellings him to give out his properties...carry his cross and follow him.

Kingzeez10
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Bejusttoall: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me

Thanks for asking this from a sincere heart.

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Confess all your past sins unto Him.
Genuinely repent from them (sins)
Begin to bear fruits worthy of the genuine repentance

Begin to fellowship with brethren where the truth of the word of God is being preached.
Meditate daily in the word of God, and practice the word.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

You are blessed
Shalom
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Dammy30(m): 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
Call for more information.

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by nkechiasogwa(f): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
Get to a quiet corner and consciously confess all your sins. Ask God through our LORD Jesus Christ to deliver you from the flesh and sin, asking for grace not to go back to them. Tell Jesus that today you formerly and eternally accept Him as your personal Lord and Saviour through His precious blood, that your name be erased from the book of death and hell and be written in the book of Life. Ask God for grace to carry out any necessary restitution you may need to do. Ask God to increase your hatred for sin, self, the world system and of course the devil. Lastly join a Bible believing church and join the Bible study and prayer group to help you grow your faith in Christ. With these you are a true believer with eternal life. Also know that if you sin unknowingly after this, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. Confess your sins to Jesus and ask for grace to forsake them and you shall obtain mercy. As you do these, it is well with you.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by hexpleecit: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
Surrender your life genuinely to Christ, study the word of God everyday, repent of all your sins, ask God to help you, give you the Grace never to go back to sin again. Attend a bible believing churc and join their believer or beginner's class
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by jenny005: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
First of all repentance, Secondly, restitution., Thirdly forsaking ur old ways....Fourthly by surrending ur heart wholeheartedly to God n be submissive to his will. Live a Godly n a holy live. Then join a believing church and moreso study the bible n pray without ceasing. Humble urself before GOD n u shall be exalted.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Powerfly(f): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=Image123 post=94819951]

Mat 16:24 KJV Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Technically or grammatically, the phrase "give my life to Jesus/God" is not found in the Bible. But the concept is very much found. It is commitment and consecration to follow Jesus. It is the life that happens after salvation.

While salvation is not of works and all you actually do is to believe(Accept, Believe and Confess). It happens immediately. Christ's work of redemption is in salvation. The implication is that you are no more your own. You have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ. You now belong to Him.

Okay, that's your born again clean slate. Now your working out your salvation begins proper. You are no more a sinner but a forgiven child of God. Now, you have to breathe, eat and grow and every other thing babies do.

Dear OP. Listen to this guy. And thank
God later.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by TheLasyBuddha: 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2020
tobechi74:
I experienced similar ordeal until
I began to read the Bible for myself instead of waiting for pastor sermon.
Things began to change the moment I began to read the Bible. I discovered more ethical issues. God servant instructing wild animals to devor children for mocking his bald head. I remembered my youngest brother had earlier mocked my granddad for having wrinkled face. My grand dad laughed at the boy . If he could wave such aside without getting angry,why would a prophet of God kill children for such? While I was battling with the best way to make sence of this? The story of God killing the man who tried to save the ark of the covenant disturbed my spirit. By now, you must have guessed that I have a phobia for violence and death.

The numerous death stories made me anxious that I stopped reading old testament and concentrated on new testament. The Gospel God was a God of Love, compassion and forgiveness.I found it impossible to reconcile the two. It is either they are two different gods or one God who repented . I prefer to go by my third explanation + MAN PERCEPTION OF GOD CHANGED OVER THE YEARS. The old testament toman perceived God the same way they perceived their elders- one to be obeyed blindly and feared. Jesus saw God as a friend to be loved and treated as equal to oneself . Jesus philosophy seemed to resonate with me.

As I studied further, I realized a variation in the teaching of Paul. Jesus seemed to break down patriarchy. Paul supported patriarchy. Jesus taught faith and works as requirement for salvation. Paul promoted only works. I am saddled with the same task of reconciling the two.

I chose to stick with a mentor. It is easier than for a growing child to combine series of mentors and trying to find a middle line amidst the cobtrafiction. No two individual think exactly in the same way. ..Jesus is the mentor . . His philosophy is more humanistic.
Focus more on Jesus and less on the Bible to give your life to Jesus

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/10/religion-vs-spirituality-what-is-the-difference/

You are truly enlightened. I wish people could encounter and build their relationship with God the same way you do.
Meanwhile, don't follow path blindly. Follow it with wisdom. Understand that the middle way (not strongly fixed on one side of the spectrum of belief ) is the best way.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by FirePower1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me

You are now like Pharaoh who had a dream but could not understand it meaning. After this life where you can easily make a choice (seven years of abundance), another one awaits you(seven years of famine) were your experience will be dependent on how you lived this present life. Study your Bible and meditate on the Word Of God, He will teach you, if you will learn, how to live your life with the future in view and not to get carried away by your present freedom of choice.

Ecclesiastes 11:7-10 KJV
Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun: [8] But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity. [9] Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. [10] Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by Varagous(f): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
@friezerna

Very Simple!

Accept you are a Sinner in need of a Saviour
Confess all your Sins to JESUS and ask for Mercy.
Believe with all your Heart on the Lord JESUS.

That's all! You are Saved!

All you need do now is to Ensure you live according to what the Word of God Says.

If anyman be in Christ, He is a New Creature! Old things are past way! Behold all things have become new.
Life in Jesus Christ is a Life of Purity, Holiness, and Righteousness. Every Evil, Dirty and Sinful lifestyles and Habits are thrown away..

HE SAID IT ALL.
BELIEVE IN JESUS; HIS DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION
RECEIVE HIM AA LORD AND SAVIOUR.

YOU'RE SAVED! HALLELUJAH!

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by oyibotat: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
Where are you currently. I mean state/LGA
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by oyibotat: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
I can help you. I need to know your location
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by oyibotat: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
Private mail only: uchekess@gmail.com. Let's talk about Christ and Christianity
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by toye440: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
First u need to believe: To those that believeth He gave them the power to be called the sons of God. Also John 3: 16
Then practice Love.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by orisa37: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
friezerna:
please help me

Read Psalm 4:4-5 and PRAY in the Spirit of John 16:24. Jesus will appear to you and give you His Grace and His Apostleship.
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by toye440: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
professore:
simple follow the instruction in Romance 10 vs 9- 11. Then find a bible believing church and attend their services. Gospel faith mission is a recommendation.
Romance Or Romans
Re: Please Help!! How Do I Genuinely Give My Life To Christ? by annyplenty(m): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
This guy above me ehn! cheesy Jesus first told the guy to fulfill the commandments before tellings him to give out his properties...carry his cross and follow him.

AntiChristian, you did not answer my question on the thread; Jesus Christ is the Saviour. Follow him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? / Is It Right For A Christian To Take Alcohol? / Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.