Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

"My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest (40217 Views)

Teni Slams Twitter Troll Who Said She Had Surgery To Lose Weight (Photos) / Hanks Anuku Finally Breaks His Silence On Recent Viral Video About Him (Video) / My Mother Had Like 6 Tattoos - Davido Hails Late Mum's Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Was that why the piglet was always insulting Nigerians like he could do something spectacular?

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by pandabet(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
naira Marley
burna boy

on a carer don finish

I trust Nigerians

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Hatima: 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
pandabet:
naira Marley
burna boy

on a carer don finish

I trust Nigerians
If they don't want to protest leave them..let people be..it's not by force
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
heckymaicon:
Ilovedemmanna
GOATandYAMtheory
Silvernorgold
Funmike
Buygala
Mabraine
Gotv
Simplyfacts
E.t.c

My prayer for the above monikers is that may they lose their loved ones to SARS brutality soon.

My brother, my prayer for you is that God should guide, protect and bless you. May he grant you long life and prosperity, amen..

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by finaleeec: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Burna Boy ,if you participated or not ,it makes no differences ,Not all artist will ,Your mother needs you in that Critical condition and you have been their for her ,You do not owe anyone explanation for not participating because as you have given a reason they would mock you more which they are already doing ,You should have just keep your mouth shut.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Mairice125: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
chaloskyx:
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WITH THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROBLEMS THAT STEPPED OUT PEOPLE WITH HEALTH CHALLENGES, NO JOB, NO MONEY ETC DID YOU SEE THEM MAKING EXCUSES TALKLESS OF YOU WHO HAS THE FINANCES TO HANDLE ANY OBSTACLE OR PROBLEM...BURNA YOU ARE JUST LIKE OUR POLITICIANS YOU GRACE THE STAGE AND LIMELIGHT JUST TO SATISFY YOU OWN SELFISH EGO GIANT OF AFRICA MY FOOT MORE LIKE GIANT OF YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND EGO
Shut up ,and wish his mom quick recovery Haba!.Life is about choices ,so live and let's live

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by finaleeec: 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
pandabet:
naira Marley
burna boy

on a carer don finish

I trust Nigerians
. They are Musicians ,Artist not Working for a company where it is a must to Protest .

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by RealEzee(m): 8:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Wawelexy:
Ok,

So are u the surgeon or assisstant doctor in the theatre,

Abi ur mom needs to see ur face while being operated?

Oga, it better for u not to say anything than this trash u just said...

Anyways, it's never too late to join,

ENDBADGOVERNMENT
u must dumb to ask such, so he should leave his mum to attend u first cos una b wetin?
So without him been there physically una no fit do anything, family first above all things, baba has done his part been vocal about the Ill plight of country thru his art, what have you in ur corner done with the abilities God gave u too?

Leave ur ill mama and go and be protesting na, let him be, go out and protest too

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by RealEzee(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Burna doesn't owe any one any explanation, family first!!!

Let the idiots keep asking why he didn't join the protest as if they did, as if they will leave their ill mum for protest, una dey mad!!!
What have y'all done in ur corner?

At least he's helping out in the way he can at the moment with the billboards to create awareness and also gave contact to be reached to aid the protest, wetin una Don for una side, idiots calling him out when them dey download him songs for free, awon Werey!!!
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Folorunsho21(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Please i just joined as a new member in this forum, not less than 30mins ago, and am having difficulties about steps involved in writing a post
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Coward.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lol
You don’t need to explain to the world why you did not join the protest bro
It’s your choice
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
Quick recovery
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by RealEzee(m): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Guyman02:
Kudos to Burna Boy for looking after his mum, despite his situation he still made money available for billboards to be erected in many bus stops which sent a strong message to the authorities.
Just like in Catholic church, some are chosen to become priests who spread the gospel in distant lands as missionaries, others duty is to fund the priests and take care of those they are leaving behind at home, some provide funds to train seminarians and other Church activities.
Not everyone is expected on the streets and I commend BB for doing his part while taking care of Mama
exactly ooo

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by donemzy115(m): 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
At least he has his reasons,,,wetin olamide don talk?must the guy be irrelevant in almost everything the youth do? Abi na only to make money and go clubs then buy expensive cars be the way forward....you don't expect someone who is looking out for his mum to join us in this,,e get why my brother
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by iyke2ken(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Wawelexy:
Ok,
ENDBADGOVERNMENT
You are wicked
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nimrah: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
I wish her quick recovery
I acknowledge you as a fighter

Dail
*894*0*124904#
To open a quick firstbank account
I just did
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Wawelexy(m): 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
RealEzee:
u must dumb to ask such, so he should leave his mum to attend u first cos una b wetin?
So without him been there physically una no fit do anything, family first above all things, baba has done his part been vocal about the Ill plight of country thru his art, what have you in ur corner done with the abilities God gave u too?

Leave ur ill mama and go and be protesting na, let him be, go out and protest too

Will u just keep kwayet...?

So those that are out for the protest do not have familyfamily issues to attend to?

If it was a concert that he had in Dublin, would he cancel it because his mom is having a surgery?

Like i said, he could have just remain silent and join the protest whenever he can than giving that flimsy excuse...

Moreover, he is not doing anyone favor cos any of his relatives could be victim to these people in question.

And mind you, i was part of the protest at lere today.

So before grabbing that keypads of urs, think, i repeat think very well before typing with ur finger because what u just typed up there has no connection with ur thinking faculty....

ENDBADGOVERNMENT
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by naturefellow(m): 8:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
X

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by pandabet(m): 8:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
finaleeec:
. They are Musicians ,Artist not Working for a company where it is a must to Protest .
who's listening to der music
by dem self's abi
be deceiving ur sef
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by africandollar: 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
REVOLUTION is that you?! grin
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Wawelexy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=iyke2ken post=94879470]

You are wicked[/quote

How?
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by omenka(m): 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I don't even know what to say to the silly comments above me, honestly, a lot of mentally unbalanced people on Nairaland.

Burna, take all the time you want, you are not an elected or appointed government official; it's your prerogative to protest or otherwise.
God bless you.

I wonder how many of them have even ventured out to protest.

1 Like

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by engrchykae(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Afonja things
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by porthouse7(f): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
strong lamba
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Dalby(m): 9:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
EBMedia:
Burna Boy has given reasons why he was silent when the #EndSARS protest started last week, IgbereTV reports.

Nigerians took to Twitter last week to blast the singer for being ''silent'' on the protest.

In a series of tweets posted this evening, the singer said he was dealing with a personal family problem when the protests began. According to him, his mum had surgery last week and he had to focus his attention on her health.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665067829006337?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665395664252931?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665564287803393?s=19

Frankly you owe no one any explanations for your actions or inactions as the case may be...
undecided undecided undecided
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by stayclearofme: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na this one people dey compare with Fela.
Insult.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Adeneye12345(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
� � E dey disguise
inoki247:
Ogbeni ma Fi eh jo pa mi

emi gan ni eh jo lo wo

DR. Burna.... go nd take ur Marijuana meds nd calm down nobody ask u to shalaye
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by hustla(m): 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
Were dey disguise
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by DAVE5(m): 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
Duru9:
Naira Marley say mom
You too say Mom

Una don see how far they've gone una wan de identify

Hypocrites

U don hear cuppy own
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Neddyogu(m): 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
Wawelexy:
Ok,

ENDBADGOVERNMENT

Has someone close to u ever had major surgery and u had to be running in and out of hospital? If so, u would know that going on the internet might just be the last thing on ur mind. If not, STFU
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Blakpot: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Wishing her speedy recovery.
#Family lives matters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Destiny Etiko Gets Mercedes Benz As Birthday Gift (Photos) / Media Briefing Holding In Abuja For Majek Fashek....see Photos / Osita Iheme (pawpaw) Goes Golfing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.