Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,380 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

"My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest (40219 Views)

Teni Slams Twitter Troll Who Said She Had Surgery To Lose Weight (Photos) / Hanks Anuku Finally Breaks His Silence On Recent Viral Video About Him (Video) / My Mother Had Like 6 Tattoos - Davido Hails Late Mum's Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by rawtouch: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
shocked
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by chaloskyx: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WITH THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROBLEMS THAT STEPPED OUT PEOPLE WITH HEALTH CHALLENGES, NO JOB, NO MONEY ETC DID YOU SEE THEM MAKING EXCUSES TALKLESS OF YOU WHO HAS THE FINANCES TO HANDLE ANY OBSTACLE OR PROBLEM...BURNA YOU ARE JUST LIKE OUR POLITICIANS YOU GRACE THE STAGE AND LIMELIGHT JUST TO SATISFY YOU OWN SELFISH EGO GIANT OF AFRICA MY FOOT MORE LIKE GIANT OF YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT AND EGO

3 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Mourinho24: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by ojun50(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Okoro don resume
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by bluefilm: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nonsensical excuse angry
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by sammy329(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I don't even know what to say to the silly comments above me, honestly, a lot of mentally unbalanced people on Nairaland.

Burna, take all the time you want, you are not an elected or appointed government official; it's your prerogative to protest or otherwise.
Thank you my brothers, a lot of those celebrities protesting are doing it against their wish.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Abusadiq01(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
NobleAngell:
You're forgiven Burna. Quick recovery to your mom.

Come, u well so?

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I don't even know what to say to the silly comments above me, honestly, a lot of mentally unbalanced people on Nairaland.

Burna, take all the time you want, you are not an elected or appointed government official; it's your prerogative to protest or otherwise.
I dey tell you
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by SexytorresE(f): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Liars
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by OKorowanta: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Burna you owe nobody any explanation.
In your songs, interviews, tweets, you've always been calling out government on society social ills.
Over 10 of your songs are about government oppression,lack of good governance, poverty in the land,high cost of living and so on...
Amongst them.. Collateral damage, Another story,Monsters you made ...
This was a perfect time to officially crown you as a revolutionary artiste but you fvck up and allow the likes of Wizkid,Davido to take the front seat even with their dis yansh,dat yansh songs..
Play 'No stress,Fem and Collateral damage side by side and there is only one choice that suits this battle.
Bro e never late, just join and leave the excuses.
If not, your career go suffer for home front.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Charmingrascal(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
Was that why he said it is only ready made people like Adebayo Ogunlesi that can call him out to join a protest and not ordinary Nigerians who stream his music with their hard earned money.

Both Burna Boy and Naira Marley are cowards that are just forming hard guys.

Tuee!

2 Likes

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Edyice: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Werey in disguise is explaining grin grin grin
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Ugaboy: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Man pls take care of your mum, for this period, mother of such condition won't be at peace to here his son...is at front line protesting.

let him stay back, so as not to puncture into deep wounds.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Karleb(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Same way Naira Marley's mum advised him not to protest.
You all are grown up kids.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
I said it that once they see the success of the protest, they will look for excuse to wanna use it to remain relevant.

Too late
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Thenorth(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
kutii
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by buygala(m): 8:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
heckymaicon:
Ilovedemmanna
Silvernorgold
Funmike
Buygala
Mabraine
Gotv
Simplyfacts
E.t.c

My prayer for the above monikers is that may they lose their loved ones to SARS brutality soon.

Na Ogun go kill your Daddy and 1st Son sad

So my not supporting what you support makes me deserving of death?

Stupid gutter-rat
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by bigtt76(f): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
EBMedia:
Burna Boy has given reasons why he was silent when the #EndSARS protest started last week, IgbereTV reports.

Nigerians took to Twitter last week to blast the singer for being ''silent'' on the protest.

In a series of tweets posted this evening, the singer said he was dealing with a personal family problem when the protests began. According to him, his mum had surgery last week and he had to focus his attention on her health.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665067829006337?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665395664252931?s=19

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1315665564287803393?s=19

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by NofiuFade(m): 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
It your choice bro! You may have one two things to protect, it not easy having any kind of duel with government anywhere!
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by lomprico(m): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
the oppressors killed Fela's mother, it dint shut him up.

Stop claiming to follow Fela's ideology.
Just do your music business and leave fela out of it.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by puremaker7(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
all weed smokers are coward, naira marley and burna boy now
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by ElValiente(m): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Speedy recovery ma'am.
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by SeriouslySense(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
okay.

Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by abumereose: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin grin OUR AFRICAN GIANT IS GIVING EXECUSES
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Irritant: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Oga Doctor Burna.. talk true haha
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by obontami: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
This clown ass is a coward. Just shut it already!
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by kennieG(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
Where TUFACE dey sef? Mr " Nothing dey Happen " E don hide him face for ein wife "Annie" backyard cool
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by maiquel: 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Really, you aren't needed. What would you do differently?
Fashi!
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Hotzone(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
Me no ask me no send but as u reason am, me care as per me bros....black unite

End yahoo bois
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by finaleeec: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
SARSUPDATE:
Scammer...
. It's not compulsory he Joins ,It's not by force ,it's a matter of Decision .Go check the meaning of Scammer ,Has any of the Protesters been Paid ? so what has scam got to do with these .Check ur Brain
Re: "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest by Wisestoner007(m): 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
His momma told him not to protest just like ##

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Media Briefing Holding In Abuja For Majek Fashek....see Photos / Osita Iheme (pawpaw) Goes Golfing (photos) / Cossy Orjiakor With Mercy Aigbe & Francis Odega On A Movie Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.