Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

DREAMS - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DREAMS (11760 Views)

DREAMS & DATES ( Love Seriez ) / �•City Dreams•� (A Chicklit/YA Novel) / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DREAMS by dawno2008(m): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]loving the story like mAaad cool
And the aunty May needs serious deliverance from the evil spirit of envy, her inferiority is top notch. angry
Please keep the update flowing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 10:18am On Nov 13, 2020
THANKS FOR CHECKING IN�

CHAPTER ELEVEN

“Surprise!!!

Everyone yelled as May made her way into the living room.

It was her 24th birthday and she thought they all forgot about her. Her father had called her at midnight because of the time difference, he never forgets special days no matter where he was, or how busy.

She had left home in the morning to work and only got a call from her mother and her brother later in the day then a cake from her a guy who has been bothering her.

Then Olumide called her as usual and even sang for her. He promised to give her a gift at a later date. It warmed her heart and made her feel special.

To say she was shocked to find all of them there is an understatement. The light was switched on and everyone came forward one after the other to congratulate her. A lot of her friends and close family members were present.

She was so happy. She was feeling gloomy earlier in the day because she felt as if she was not important to anyone again. This was all she needed to lift her mood. She had even gone for lunch with her friend but it did nothing to lift her mood. It was the perfect end to her day.

Her friend came forward to hug her.
May pulled her friend's cheeks playfully.

“We went for lunch today and you did not even give me a hint.”

“Don’t smear may make up joo,” she swatted her hand. “If I had given you a hint, it will no longer be a surprise.”

“Thank you so much Foyeke. I appreciate this.”

“Awww. My pleasure baby girl, you know I love you.”

Olumide came forward to her too. She was so happy he could make it. Since the day he drove out with their maid. She insisted on thinking of her that way. She had decided to give him the cold shoulder but the kind of feelings she had for him will not allow the maintenance of such distance for long.

Moreover, Olumide was hers first, and she was determined to be the only female he would think of having any emotional entanglement with.

“Happy birthday, baby.” He said to her.

“I thought you replaced me already,” she pouted leaving her arms around his waist.

“No one can take your place, and you know that.”

She held him tight again and tried to kiss him on the lips. This was a perfect ending to her day. Being in the arms of the one she loved.

Olumide shifted and looked at her with surprise in his eyes.

“You know that is someone's boyfriend right?” August teased her.

“You are just jealous, ” May said and reluctantly left Olumide's arms to her brother’s.

“Happy birthday baby sis. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She replied and bussed his cheeks.

The sound of clinking glass called their attention. It was their mom.

“Good evening once again, and thank you so much for honoring my baby girl at short notice.”

There was applause and murmuring as people responded.

“We can all move to the garden now, where the merriment will take place properly. Please have fun and enjoy the night.”

The audience clapped and followed Mrs. Wright  towards the garden.

“Really?” May asked her brother.

“Anything for you baby girl. What's a party without food and booze?” he shrugged

She pulled Olumide excitedly towards the garden. She planned to make her move tonight. This was probably her lucky night because she didn’t expect him to be here. She doesn’t care what happens. She is old enough to make decisions on her own and she hoped Olumide felt the same way.

She thought of going to her room to change into something sexier, she wanted Olumide’s thoughts to be on her throughout the night, but going upstairs means he could be pulled into a conversation with any of her friends around and she may not be able to accomplish her mission tonight.

The merriment continued in the garden for a while. People were not in hurry to leave since it was a Friday.
May saw Foyeke dancing slowly with her brother in a secluded corner of the garden.

Go girl she said in her mind. Better this than that maid. The D.j seemed to be in sync with her mood as he played current jams.

“Hope you are having fun?” Olumide asked as he was dragged to the makeshift dance floor.

“You are all the fun I need.”

“Really? lucky me then.”

Her soul was lifted, she held on to him and danced slowly.
She, however, noticed that every time she tried to move closer, or be more intimate, Olumide maintained his distance.

“Olumide”

“Yes dear”

“What are you doing?”

“Dancing with my baby,”

“No you are not, you are holding yourself away from me, don’t you like me anymore?”

“Why will you say that?”

“I don’t know, ” she shrugged slightly.

“Maybe because I am trying to dance with you, and you are holding back from me, you never have time for me. You hardly call me, even when you come here you hardly pay attention to me.”

“Nothing has changed. I think you are overthinking things,” he teased as he continued to sway to the music.

“Then why don’t you want to hold me?”

“I am holding you.”

“You know what I am talking about.”

Olumide sighed and pulled her towards a seat in the garden far away from the party.
He sat down and pulled her down beside him.

When she settled, Olumide held both of her hands and looked into her eyes.

“I respect you so much, you know that right?”

“Yeah.”

“You and your brother are like family to me and you know that. I love you like a sister, I'd never take advantage of you or do that to your brother who is more than a friend to me.”

“You are not taking advantage, I am an adult Olumide, and love has no boundaries, I love you and that is what matters. You used to love me too. Is it something I did? I can make amends.”

Olumide thought deeply about what to say to her so that he would not hurt her. He had tried so hard not to get to this level with her. He loved her like a sister and that’s all. He didn’t know the point she started wanting more.
Deep down he knew his yearns for someone else even though she hasn’t acknowledged any form of friendship between them. He smiled unconsciously.

“You know what, let’s talk about this some other day. For tonight, let’s just celebrate and have fun. You need it, we are all here because of you.”

“Are you sure we'll talk about it?”

“Definitely. Let’s just have fun tonight.”

“If you say so.”

They walked back to the party, hand in hand. She seemed sober, but she was not pushing herself closer to him.

There was only one person he wanted in that position right now and she was absent tonight.

He had called earlier to ask if she'd be around for the party and she said she had a lot of school work. She added that May would not have a fulfilled day if she found her at the party.
She never stopped to make him smile.

“Isn’t it time you talk to your guests?” Olumide asked

“Will you go with me?”

“Of course, I will wait by the side while you take the throne.” He teased trying to lift her mood after their conversation.

She smiled and that was what he wanted.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DREAMS by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2020
short �����
Re: DREAMS by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2020
short update

Re: DREAMS by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2020
nice story you gat me glued

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by Katie2021(f): 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by Chinehz(f): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2020
Op thanks so much for d short update
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2020
CHAPTER TWELVE

“Guy, are you sure Fiyi has not given you some sort of love charm?” August teased his friend.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing, just that there was a time you did not like this girl, but right now, all I ever hear when we are together is Fiyi this, Fiyi that.”

“I never do that. She just comes up during some of our conversations,” He defended

“I don’t believe you guy, there is more to it than meets the eye.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“May thinks you are ignoring her, you know?”

“I'd never do that, she is still my baby girl.” Olumide refuted

“Fiyi is the ‘babiest’ of them all right?” He continued to tease.

“Just stop. What does that even mean?” Olumide laughed.

“Let’s get this done abeg,” He admonished pointing to the papers and tabs scattered on his makeshift reading table.

“I am happy for you though, she is a rare one,” August continued to tease his friend.

“I still do not have an idea of what you are talking about. She is just my friend.” He insisted

“Hmmm, keep saying that to yourself till you believe it. At the age of 26 right? A twenty-year-old fresh blood beauty is your friend.”

“Sincerely, I want more, I won’t lie to you but she’s scared. She keeps insisting on being my friend. I don’t know why.
Did she say anything to you about me?”

"If you are fishing for info, you are talking to the wrong person.”

“I just want to know. We gist and all but I don’t know what she honestly thinks of me.” He shrugged.

“I just don’t want the encounter we had that night to mar my chances with her. We didn’t have the most exciting conversation and I was kind of hard in my judgment.”

“Well, can’t say anything about that. Maybe she’s just cautious. She’s pretty young you know?”

“Did you say young?
I can listen to her all day. I don’t even care about her age. Have you seen that look in her eyes when she is about to, or she's done something mischievous?

The way her eyes crinkles when she is genuinely happy. I call her sometimes just to hear her voice.”

“Guy! You are so whipped.”

“I don’t even know,  I am just amazed at how awesome she is. She confessed that she sold the phone you bought her but didn’t want you to know because you'd be angry.

The minor things she does trips me, and she doesn’t think big of it. Her aspirations are out of this world.”

“That girl is crazy, ” August added. “She eventually told me about the phone, said she sold it for a particular handout and balance of her younger brother's textbooks.”

Their conversation was interrupted by August's ringing phone.
He looked at the phone and picked clicked on it. It was his baby sister and she probably wanted to know where he was.

“Hi, sissy.”

The sound he heard on the other side was not fine at all.

“What happened he shouted into the phone?”

The groaning continued and he couldn’t hear any other thing. His heart was palpitating, who called him then if she couldn’t talk on the phone.

“Where are you?” He yelled into the phone.  He managed to hear her mutter the word home.

Someone should be home with her, he thought as he picked his car keys and rushed out of Olumide's apartment. He didn’t bother to pick any of his devices. All he needed was the phone.

“What happened?” Olumide ran after him. They were at his house trying to work on a proposal. They were trying to float their own company. Olumide only had on his joggers and a simple shirt he had thrown on since they had planned to be at his apartment all day.

“It’s May, she couldn’t talk. I think she is in trouble.”

“Is she sick?”  Olumide asked still trying to put on his flips while rushing to catch up with his friend.

“She wasn’t sick last night when I saw her. I left home early this morning, so I didn’t see her.”

“Let me drive” He offered when he noticed the worry on his friend's face. He was not looking fine at all.

“I’ll manage.”

“No bro, you are not in the right frame of mind, try and call someone else, see if there is anyone with her.”
August hurriedly scrolled through his phone and called Fiyi.

“Are you at home?”

He ended the call immediately she said no.

He tried to dial his mother when he settled onto the passenger seat beside his friend, but he thought better of it, he didn’t want to alarm her. He watched his friend maneuvered the car out of the gate in a rush towards their destination.
He didn’t have the cook's number. If he asked his mom, she might get suspicious. He dialed Foyeke’s number.

“Are you in my house?”

“I just left. Why?” Came the reply.

“Can you please go back there? I think May is in trouble.”

“Right away, She replied and August ended the call.

August was in a pensive mood as his friend drove through the streets. He dialed his sister’s number, but she wasn’t picking. Anything to know what was happening right now.
Fiyi's call interrupted his thoughts. She was worried about the way he ended the call and called to find out if everything was fine.

“Good, ” He replied

“I just wanted to find out if you went to my place today.”

“I did, in fact, I just got back to the hostel.”

“Did you see May?”

“She arrived as I was about to leave, is there any problem?”

“Nothing, she just sounded off.”

“I attended to her before I left and she seemed fine.”

“Did you leave anyone with her?”

“Well, a friend was with her but I didn’t see the friend when I left.”

“Thank you. I will talk to you later.”

“Is everything alright?”

“I don’t know right now, I will call you as soon as I know something.”

He ended the call as they neared his estate gate.

His phone started ringing again, he looked at it, it was Foyeke.

“Yes?” He said into the phone.

“I am with her right now. I can’t carry her. She is not moving.”

“What?”

Foyeke was already crying. “I need someone to help me carry her. I can’t.”

“Call the security, the gardener, anyone. I am at the estate gate.”

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

3 Likes

Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kaycee9242:
Op thanks so much for d short update

grin
Re: DREAMS by favourtioluwa: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
Thanks for the update�
Re: DREAMS by Ann2012(f): 4:36am On Nov 16, 2020
What could have happened to May

Well done OP
Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 10:33am On Nov 16, 2020
Hmmmmm wahala dy oooooo! Op thanks for d update
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2020
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

“How are you feeling now?” the doctor asked May, putting the stethoscope to her chest and stomach.

He gently replaced the hospital gown.

“Better,” she said gently, I just feel as if my stomach has been wiped out.

“It’s normal.”

The doctor assured her. He made some notes in the file and returned it to the accompanying nurse.

“We had to purge you of everything in the stomach before it gets into your bloodstream, the test will tell us how far it’s gone into the blood but I don’t think it can create any damage.

She nodded

“The nurse told me they have taken the necessary samples,” he looked at her for confirmation.

“Whatever you ate,” he continued “has taken its toll on you and I think that is as much damage as it can do.”

“Thank you so much doctor,” Her mother replied.

“You are welcome ma’am”

“When am I going home?” May asked the doctor

“Oh! Not immediately, we need to observe you for a few days before we know if we should let you go.”

The nurse went to check the IV fluid and adjusted the flow.

“Can you please walk with me to my office?” the doctor directed at August who was standing beside his sister's bed.

“Are you sure everything is fine?” The mother requested worriedly

“Yes ma'am. I just need to talk to him about the necessary precautions and her drugs.”

“If you say so, ” she replied still not satisfied.

“Madam, calm down, you have been here for three days. If anything worse has happened, we would have told you by now.”

The doctor exited with the nurse and August in tow.

“Your dad called yesterday, he couldn’t sleep, he wanted to talk to you, but you were asleep.”

“You shouldn’t have told him.”

“I had to, I didn’t know what else to do. Your brother didn’t tell me on time too.”

“It’s over now mom. August and Olumide got to me on time. Foyeke was there too.”

“What exactly did you eat that caused so much harm?”

“I told you, nothing.”

“How did you get that bloody thing into your system then?”

“I told you, mom, I got home and was very hungry, the cook was not around and I told the other maid to get me a drink that’s all.”

“Which maid?”

“The one you got from the fruit seller.”

“You mean Fiyi?”

“Yeah, that one.”

“Fiyi would not put something in your drink.”

“You think so, that girl hates my guts. She could be angry I made her stay past the normal time. She was on her way out when I got in. I didn’t want to bother her, but I needed to take something that day and I kindly told her to get me a drink.”

“Where was Foyeke all this time, didn’t she get a drink too?”

“Foyeke didn’t go in with me, she was on a call when we got home, so I left her outside.”

“I am still confused.”

“You need to get that girl arrested,” May said raising her voice.

“Calm down, don’t get yourself worked up.”

“I need to mom,” she adjusted herself in the bed and started crying. “Why would she poison me? We pay her to do a job.”

“Of course, but she had no reason to poison you. I know she wouldn’t do that.”

“Maybe I'll just talk to dad then, ” She kept sobbing. “Maybe if I had died, you would have taken it serious. No one takes me serious these days.”

“May! Don’t say that.”

May tried to sit up on the bed but was finding it difficult.

Just calm down, her mom advised, helping her up.

“Explain why you think she'll poison you.”

“Ask Olumide, the last time I told her to make food for him when he came to visit, she refused and said she had to leave. She wanted to leave and was yelling at me until Olumide calmed me down and tried to wade into the situation. She probably sees me as an enemy."

“August seem to be fine with her though, ” her mother countered

“He is a guy mom. Think about it, she could manipulate him. She has always had issues with me. You know how these people are, she probably thought that she needed to get me out of her hair. All I ever did was make her work for the money we pay her, is that bad?”

“No my dear.”

“I’ll talk to your brother about it.”

“What do you think he’ll do? He will convince you not to arrest her. He is chummy with her. That’s what she does, get all the guys to like her so that they don’t see any fault.

Even August’s other friends. She flaunts herself when they are around, I wonder how many of them have slept with her.  I am the only one that sees her for what she is and I get punished for it.”

“ As I said, you need to calm down, how come you never told me all these?”

“That the maid was giving me attitude?”

“No, that she is such a person.”

“How could I? You are the good Samaritan, you would have made me feel as if I didn’t want you to help.”

“Not at the detriment of your health.”

August came into the room, closely followed by Olumide.

“Olumide!” She said happily holding her arms out as far as the IV would allow.

“How are you baby?” He replied holding her in a hug. He tried not to hold her too hard because of her state.

“You scared me, ” he said to her.

“I am sorry, ” She said and hugged him again.

“Good afternoon ma, ” he bent at the waist to greet Mrs. Wright.

“Good afternoon dear, how are you?”

“I am fine ma.”

“What did the doctor say? she asked her son as she vacated her seat for Olumide.

“Nothing much, just that we should be careful what she eats for the next few days and a list of drugs to be taken at the pharmacy.”

“Can I have the list?”

“I already gave it to the nurse, she’ll get everything ready”

“Okay.”

“We need to leave for our trip tomorrow morning,”  August informed his mother.

“We had to postpone it because of May's health.”

“I understand. I will get the driver to pick us whenever she is discharged.”

She took the other seat in the room and watched her daughter chat happily with Olumide. She began to give thought to their discussion. Why would Fiyi go to such an extent to get even with her daughter? She was only trying to help her family by employing her, why would she repay her goodwill with evil?

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

6 Likes

Re: DREAMS by Tonyspecial(m): 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Nice update
Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2020
Nice one op, who could be responsible for May's ill health?
Re: DREAMS by dawno2008(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Interesting, so may can go any length to get rid of fiyi shocked
Re: DREAMS by Adeola25(f): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: DREAMS by PrudySara(f): 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
I knew it will get to this.. Why is May this evil??
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 11:46am On Nov 23, 2020
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Olumide looked at Fiyi with pity in his eyes. She looked broken as the policeman ushered her into the room where he was waiting for her. There were bruises on her cheeks and forehead, she looked tired.

He was angry at whoever did this to her. He could see mosquito bites forming on the arms she put on the table.

"Olumide, I swear I didn't do it, " she said with tears in her eyes immediately she took the seat opposite him.

"Why won't anybody believe me? All I ever wanted was to be better, have a better life, provide for my family, help my siblings. See where that got me. I can't even hurt a fly. They said I poisoned a whole human being, how is that even possible?" she sobbed

"Calm down, I will get you out of here. That's why I am here. I am working something out."

He patted her hands on the table.

"Is my mother outside?"

"No. I told her to go home and rest.

You should have called me, " He complained. August and I have been out of town for a whole week. I told you about some things we are trying to put in place with the company.

"Yeah, I know. They collected my phone, everything, there's no way I could have contacted you."

"I am so sorry about this. I am still shocked."

"Me too, they just came to our house on a Sunday evening and picked me up. They said I was coming to write a statement, that was all. I believed them. I wrote the statement and they told me I couldn't leave."

"I have been trying your line to no avail just to check up on you."

Fiyi was crying profusely now. "This is the reason why I have been unavailable."

"May did not tell her brother and I anything. I even asked her if you came around for work, and she said no. She practically calls me every day.

I was shocked when I got to August's house and I met a woman at the security post. At first, I wanted to ignore her but she was looking distraught and I asked her what happened, only to find out it was your mother and she said they picked you some days ago. Apparently, she's been going there to beg Mrs. Wright."

"Does she look alright?" Fiyi asked sniffing

"That aside, What exactly happened?"

"I don't know," Fiyi burst into fresh tears. "I have no idea."

"At least give me something to work with. What did they tell you? What happened the day May fell ill?"

"The day May fell sick, I was on my way out when she got back from her outing with a friend."

"Which one of her friends?"

"The one that follows August all over the place," she sniffed

"As usual, I greeted her, she ignored me and just told me to get her a drink."

"At first, I wanted to complain but you remember what happened the day she told me to get you something and I refused?"

Olumide nodded.

"I didn't want a repeat, so I went back to get the drink for her. When I got to her room, I knocked, nobody responded so I went in, dropped the drink, and left."

"Who else was in the house with you?"

"Nobody. The cook left a few minutes before her arrival saying she needed to get some stuff."

"You said May came in with a friend."

"Yes, I left her friend outside, she was receiving a call."

"Did you see her when you left the house?"

"No." She shook her head, "I could have missed her though. I went through the back door because I didn't want her to see me and request for something else."

Olumide sighed

"We were about to sleep last week when the police came to my house and picked me up. They said I poisoned her." Fiyi explained

"I am confused, did you put anything in the drink?"

"I will never do such." She said vehemently.

"What kind of drink was it?"

"It was just juice."

"Did you check the date or something?"

"No, I didn't, they said I had a motive. Her friend said she's seen us fight before. As if I'd fight with someone I considered a boss."

"Have they questioned her too?" Olumide asked

"I don't even know. I just want to get out of here. I will never do that to another human being."

"Baby, I will get you out of here. I am so sorry to see you like this." He made to hug her.

"That is not allowed, " the policeman on guard cautioned

Olumide eased back in his seat.

"Can I see the DPO please?"

"Oga no dey, " the man replied.

"I'd like to see the person in charge then." He requested.

"Thank you so much for coming to see me."

"I didn't know Mrs. Wright will go this far. May was already talking when we left on our trip. I have been to see her a few times too.

You will get out of here today, I can't wait to hold you in my arms. I was looking forward to a long weekend with you, only to come back to this."

"I hope I get out of this."

"You will, " he assured her.

Olumide went outside to call August and ask how far with his mom

He said he was still trying to talk to her.

"Maybe I should just get my lawyer on it," Olumide said. "I want her out of here today."

"Don't worry, we'll get her out."

"I'll just wait for your call then. If I don't get feedback in the next one hour, I am calling my lawyer. You need to see her bro."

"I am working on it," August assured him.

Olumide asked to be directed to the boss' office.

Mrs. Wright went too far this time around. Why would she pick only Fiyi? Why wasn't May's friend questioned too? At least she was there. He remembered that when they were driving back after August got May's call, August called Foyeke and she said she just left the house while Fiyi said she was already in school. It automatically means she was at the house when Fiyi left and should be questioned too.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

5 Likes

Re: DREAMS by StubbornGENIUS: 11:49am On Nov 23, 2020
I wish "next time" is here already.Thanks for the update,I enjoyed reading it.

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
The truth will soon come out. Thanks for d update op
Re: DREAMS by Tonyspecial(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
U'r a darling
Re: DREAMS by Oluwatimi2000(m): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
can't wait for next time
Re: DREAMS by PrudySara(f): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2020
The truth must surely come out!
Who else loved Fiyi and Olumide's conversation?? *SmilingSheepishly*

Next update puleaseeeeee!
Re: DREAMS by Adeola25(f): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 5:02am On Nov 25, 2020
Thank you so much for the comments.

A quick one please. I need y'all to check out the stories on my wattpad, leave comments and votes on every chapter of the novels.
I will definitely continue to put this story here ,I just need the tiny weeny favour from people that use wattpad and people that will use it grin

https://www.wattpad.com/user/hadayshawlar

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: DREAMS by hadayshawlar(f): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2020
Thank you soooooo much, I appreciate everyone taking time out to check on Fiyi�

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

“Good afternoon sir,” Fiyi could hear from the living room where she was sitting beside her mother. Her brother had gone to respond to the knock at the door.

“Who is it?” Her mother asked beside her.

Olumide walked into the living room garbed in a sewed to fit native wear. Fiyi smiled, he looked like someone going to pay dowry.
Good afternoon ma, he said bending at the waist in greeting.
Fiyi’s mother’s face beamed with smile.

“Good afternoon my son, how are you?”

Fiyi looked at her mother in shock as if to ask when she birthed him.

“Thank you so much for your help, I can not repay you, but the Almighty will.”

“It’s no problem ma,” he replied.

“Please sit down, ” she offered. “You are welcome to my home.”

“Thank you ma.”

“How are you Bammy?” He turned to her brother.

“I am fine sir.”

“Where is the youngest man in the house?”

“Ah! That one does not sit still, he went to his friend's place.”

Fiyi looked at her family members and wondered when they became cordial with Olumide. He has never been to their house but looking back now, maybe he visited while she was at the station.

Even if their house was sparingly furnished she was happy that they always keep it clean.

“I'd excuse you. Let me know when you are ready to leave.”

Mothers! Fiyi thought to herself.

“Bamise, get something for our visitor to drink now, let your sister rest.”

“Mom, is her leave not over?” Bamise grumbled

“I have always known that your caring attitude was you showing eye service. Do you know what being in a police cell means?”

“Go away, you can not guilt trip me with that line. You have been out for three weeks now and you will not allow us to rest. Local man is tired.” Bamise said and walked away.

“Just a minute sir,”he said to Olumide who was trying hard not to laugh out.
He watched Fiyi's mother go to her room shaking her head.

“So that is what you now use to lord over everybody?” Olumide accused.

Fiyi smiled. “I need to use it for as long as it lasts. I need to be pampered.”

“I told you to come over to my place for a while now, I can get someone to take care of you.”

“Isn’t that nice of you, but no, I don’t trust you.”

Olumide started laughing. He vacated his seat to occupy the space beside her.

“I like seeing you like this. It’s nice to see that strong girl take back her position.”

“Thank you so much, I wonder what would have happened to me if you didn’t come around.”

“August would have helped.”

“There’s a limit to what he can do you know? He can’t go against his family.”

“Really? you underestimate him. He likes you.”

“Yeah, he is a friend indeed.” Fiyi smiled

“There was a time, I was jealous.”
“Of what?”

“Your relationship with him.”

“You aren’t serious. Anyone that will date August will be someone he loves deeply. You can’t love August unless he loves you.”

“Hmmm. He likes you though.”

“Let’s leave that aside, I don’t have strength for his kind of pperson”

“What about my kind of person?”

Fiyi rolled her eyes at him

“How is work?” She changed the topic.

“Good, we got the registration done just a few details here and there , then we’ll set the ball rolling.”

“Hmmm, my personal C.E.O.”

“Hmm, you just said personal, I like the sound of that.” He kissed her lips.

Fiyi was still a little shy around him but she let the kiss go.
When she didn’t protest, Olumide leaned in for more.

“Olumide! My mom is around.” She whispered.

He just shrugged.

She had decided to give the him a chance. At least get to know him better but Olumide said he wanted to put a name to their relationship. He stood by her during her dark days and that alone is a statement on its own.

Her major fear however, is the fact that he is sophisticated, in addition to the feeling that she may not be able to measure up to his societal standards.
She is still a young girl trying to find her place in the world, while he already knew his place and even created a niche for himself.

“So what’s up with school now, I hope the news did not get to school?”

“Nope.” She eased herself into the sofa.

“Do you want to lie down?”

“I am okay,” she replied

“Don’t worry, I won’t try anything funny. Your mom is around and Bammy will come in anytime from…”
Bamise stepped in

“See?”

“Here sir.” He said dropping the plastic bag on the table. “I'll just get glasses. I was not sure of your preference, so I got three variants.”

“Thank you.”

“You are never nice to me.” Fiyi said to her brother.

Her brother ignored her and went for the glasses.

“Are you planning to go back to the Wright's for work?”

“God forbid! I should wait till they throw me in maximum prison abi?”

Olumide burst out laughing

“You are laughing, do you know what being in a police cell feels…”

“That will not work with me,” Olumide tickled her.

“Stop, stop,” she laughed

“I was thinking, what if you start selling stuff to your school mates to make cash rather than work for someone?”

“Hmmm, getting the capital will be… don’t even offer, I won’t take it.”

Olumide swallowed his speech and raised his hand in surrender.

“I am planning to start a sort of cooking thing. People order for stew and different kinds of food, they pay me, I cook and deliver.”

“Here, ” Bamise dropped the glasses and went out.

“Thank you,” Olumide said again.

“That’s a great idea. I can even help advertise, tell some of my friends too.”

“Awww.”

“There’s a glitch though”

“What is that?” She asked worriedly.

“They get to enjoy what is supposed to be exclusive.”

Fiyi hissed, “I thought you were serious.”

“I am, and what if someone falls in love with your cooking and eventually you, where does that leave me?”

“Olumide be serious now.”

“I am, I don’t like to share.”

“Olumide darling, I am too much for you alone, learn how to share.”

“You are taking advantage of the fact that I am in your house. I know what I'd have done if you were at my place right now.”

“Duh.”

SEE YOU NEXT TIME.

Please epp me. Do not forget to vote on my stories of wattpad. It's a click away.
https://www.wattpad.com/user/hadayshawlar

5 Likes

Re: DREAMS by dawno2008(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Awwww wink loving loving,
Looks like their love is making my love hungry grin
Good job op, pls keep the update flowing
Re: DREAMS by Kaycee9242(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nice one op
Re: DREAMS by PrudySara(f): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
Awwwn! I go love o... Thanks for the update!
Re: DREAMS by Tonyspecial(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nice one kiddo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Poem For Chinua Achebe's Death / Kpakpa Grammar School 18+ / Read Corpers' Lodge For Free This Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.