Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? (5656 Views)

I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama / Who Is Your Favourite To Win Ballon D'or 2019? / Neymar Unfollows Edinson Cavani On Instagram Over Set-Piece Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by budaatum: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by nisayvx(f): 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
This is an interesting point of view, thank you for sharing! Frankly, chess is my life, it's what makes me happy! I really like to play chess online with opponents from different countries, it is very exciting. If you want to learn more about chess, then I recommend that you read this article that I recently found:

History of Chess | From Early Stages to Magnus
Chess has a long and storied history. The game has changed quite a bit from its earliest forms in India. The modern iteration we enjoy today wasn't known until the 16th century. There were no clocks, and the pieces were not standardized until the 19th century.

The official world championship title came into existence by the late 19th century, shortly after the first big tournaments were held and multiple styles of play had begun to fully develop. Although the first book on openings was published as early as 1843, theory as we know it didn't truly evolve until the early/mid 20th century. Computer engines and databases didn't come into play until the very late 20th century.
Take a look at a brief history of chess!

Chess Origins.

Chess, as we know it today, was born out of the Indian game chaturanga before the 600s AD. The game spread throughout Asia and Europe over the coming centuries, and eventually evolved into what we know as chess around the 16th century. One of the first masters of the game was a Spanish priest named Ruy Lopez. Although he didn't invent the opening named after him, he analyzed it in a book he published in 1561. Chess theory was so primitive back then that Lopez advocated the strategy of playing with the sun in your opponent's eyes!

Cheers.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by BondEric2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
Hey, guys! I also love playing chess and thank you for sharing this story. This inspired me to reread a book about the history of chess. When I was little, my grandfather taught me to play chess and we spent long summer evenings playing with him. He never let me win, which is probably why I am considered a strong chess player. That's why chess is more than a game to me, because it reminds me of my grandpa and the happy days of my childhood. By the way, did you know that chess was first called differently? So, you can click on 'chaturanga chess' and read an interesting article about the history of chess.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
there's a chess player WhatsApp group,do you want in?

Is it still active
Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by ekusigo: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
I used to like chess a lot until a started to play it in my dreams.

Then I could anticipate up to four moves ahead but I had to slow it down.

I was a knight guy though I love these category of players in ascending other:
a. Rook
b. Queen guys
b. Knight guys
c. Bishop
d. Pawn guy(when most officials are dead and gone.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? by MrColdsweat: 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
ThierryJay:
The Knight is the most frustrating piece for an opponent, and my favorite as a result. Due to it's not so straightforward movement, it can stealthily capture the opponents best officers without them seeing it coming.

Also a very good faithful protector of other pieces. And when two knights are working in tandem, it's Checkmate!

There is this panic you feel when a knight advances towards you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1.90 To 2.50 Odd On Single Stake For 7days & Withdraw Ur Profit / Nigeria To Host FIFA Executive Summit In Lagos / Late Nigerian Boxer - Young Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.