Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,403 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant (7989 Views)

FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Ogun State Revives Dormant Imasayi Cashew Nut Processing Plant / The Birth Of A New 3ton Per Day Garri Processing Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2020
This is to document the process of creating a 50 ton per day palm kernel processing plant.

This project is in 3 phases. 1st phase will process 10 tons of kernel per day.

Some planned costs: will update the actual cost as we go on.

Land cost: 700,000 naira
Machine cost: 5 million (1st phase, more machines to be installed as we go along)
Building: 2.5 million
Electricity connection: 500,000
Installation: 300,000

Presently bearing all the cost from my savings and loans. Might accept investors when the installation is finished and we are ready for production.

I am excited about the project and we are forging ahead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:34am On Oct 15, 2020
Palm kernel crusher housing.

Block work in progress

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by portplus: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2020
Earthstorms:
This is to document the process of creating a 50 ton per day palm kernel processing plant.

Machine cost: 5 million (1st phase, more machines to be installed as we go along)

Presently bearing all the cost from my savings and loans. Might accept investors when the installation is finished and we are ready for production.

Good one.
I like to ask....do you have hands-on experience on palm oil processing and the value chain?
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by alausa4u(m): 8:42am On Oct 15, 2020
I will help you with customer's in kano and Niger republic when you start production

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Don4eva(m): 8:42am On Oct 15, 2020
Do you have previous experience in the business?
Are you using foreign or locally fabricated machine?
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:46am On Oct 15, 2020
portplus:

Good one.
I like to ask....do you have hands-on experience on palm oil processing and the value chain?

I have some experience in both palm oil processing and palm kernel oil processing. But I will need to learn more as we go along.

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:47am On Oct 15, 2020
Don4eva:
Do you have previous experience in the business?
Are you using foreign or locally fabricated machine?

I am using locally fabricated machines. The local ones are cheaper to purchase. They are not as durable as the foreign ones, but it is good for a start.
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:50am On Oct 15, 2020
alausa4u:
I will help you with customer's in kano and Niger republic when you start production

That will be really nice.
We hope to start production next month.

Note that this is a palm kernel oil production plant, so the products we will have will be palm kernel oil (PKO), palm kernel cake (PKC) and palm kernel sludge

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by alausa4u(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2020
Earthstorms:

That will be really nice.
We hope to start production next month.

Note that this is a palm kernel oil production plant, so the products we will have will be palm kernel oil (PKO), palm kernel cake (PKC) and palm kernel sludge

Noted
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Don4eva(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2020
Earthstorms:

I am using locally fabricated machines. The local ones are cheaper to purchase. They are not as durable as the foreign ones, but it is good for a start.
That is good to know, it is easier and cheaper to maintain too
You will enjoy it
I have experience in it
I run a factory with someone, we are not working now cos had some challenges but we are hoping to bounce back soon

keep it up
the business is worth it

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2020
Don4eva:

That is good to know, it is easier and cheaper to maintain too
You will enjoy it
I have experience in it
I run a factory with someone, we are not working now cos had some challenges but we are hoping to bounce back soon

keep it up
the business is worth it

Thanks for the encouragement.

We have been enumerating the problems that might confront the business, I think we have been able to identify the solution to most of the problems.

Sorry for the challenges that you are having, I pray that you find a way to restart operations.

I will need advice from the veterans when we start to be able to avoid pitfalls we might not be aware of.

2 Likes

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Don4eva(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2020
Earthstorms:

Thanks for the encouragement.

We have been enumerating the problems that might confront the business, I think we have been able to identify the solution to most of the problems.

Sorry for the challenges that you are having, I pray that you find a way to restart operations.

I will need advice from the veterans when we start to be able to avoid pitfalls we might not be aware of.
You welcome
I wish you the best on your investment
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 9:22am On Oct 15, 2020
Don4eva:

You welcome
I wish you the best on your investment

One thing I found interesting was that we were able to find a small community with somewhat reliable power supply. It is connected to the 132v high tension line coming from the power plant, so electricity is almost always on there.

If your issue is electricity, then you can relocate to be my neighbour.

2 Likes

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by chinwe74548: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
chinwe74548:

That will be good. What will the customers buy? Palm kernel oil or palm kernel cake?
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Don4eva(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
Earthstorms:

One thing I found interesting was that we were able to find a small community with somewhat reliable power supply. It is connected to the 132v high tension line coming from the power plant, so electricity is almost always on there.

If your issue is electricity, then you can relocate to be my neighbour.

Actually we are on 33kva line, our challenges boarders on finances and management. But we will bounce back soon
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
End of work today

Time to erect the pillars.

We intend to make the roof to be high, it will be 16ft from the ground level. That way we can install taller machines inside in future if required.

One thing I found out with this block work is that in my previous projects, people have been consistently cheating me when it comes to use of cement. They use one bag of cement to set 60 blocks on average, in this project the bricklayer has been using 1 bag of cement to set 120 blocks on average.

That means people have been stealing up to 50 percent of my cement in previous projects.

I know what I will do, my previous project manager cup is now full, I will be shopping for another manager.

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
We will be needing regular supply of cracked palm kernel. Anyone interested in being a supplier should indicate interest
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
Installation of pillars for the roof ongoing

Wasn't sure if concrete pillars would have been cheaper, the iron pillars are faster to install and we can commence the roofing in a few days time.

With concrete pillars, we would have to wait for weeks for the concrete to harden enough to bear the roof load.

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by businesslink(m): 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
Kindly let me know when you start crushing
I buy pko
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
businesslink:
Kindly let me know when you start crushing
I buy pko

Thanks for your note. We will be roofing next week and the first set of machine should be delivered by next weekend.test run will be in 2 weeks time
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by joyoftheearth: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2020
Solid project. I will be following.
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Trinityfarms: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
Great work I wish you the best I am also looking into setting up a plant of my own. Early sages yet. Having read through your info I am a bit more informed .God bless your hustle.
Thanks
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2020
Getting the iron pillars ready for the roofing operation.

Work ongoing steadily

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
Work has been slow, protest, curfew and workers delays have all contributed to slow things down.

But we are progressing. Should commence roofing next week

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
It's been an exciting period.

Endsars protest has come and gone but it disrupted some of the work at site.

For one cement price shot up from 2700 naira to 3500 naira per bag. Unplanned additional expenses.

In all we are grateful, the building is largely completed. The roofing is complete, the factory door has been installed.

First set of machines were delivered two days ago. 1 crusher, 1 filter press and 1 palm kernel toaster.

We cast the concrete base of the machines yesterday.

Work is progressing. We should start test production by next week. We are looking at starting with 30 tons of palm kernel per week then gradually ramp up production to 50 tons per day over the coming months. It is going to be an exciting journey.

Now we need to get reliable suppliers of palm kernel and regular buyers of palm kernel oil, palm kernel cake and sludge. We intend to give special price concessions to our first suppliers and customers.

2 Likes

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
Just trying to multitask.

First set of machine installation is ongoing as we try to complete the building.

Now we have to wait for the machine concrete base to harden then we can cement the entire floor.

We have a request for the electronics engineers in the house.

We want to run a 3- phase motor with single phase 220 volt AC supply. Can you build an inverter that can achieve that?

My first contact in China can only build it up to 22KW output, I want a 50 KW output.

As a guide, think of rectifying the AC current into DC current. Smoothen the rectified DC voltage with suitable capacitors, then invert the DC voltage into 3 phase AC voltages, with 120 degree phase angles between each phase.

If the value of the capacitors requires is too large, consider using supercapacitors.

Hit me up if you are up to the project, I should be able to do it but I don't have the time. I am willing to sponsor the project if you can convince me that you know what to do.

You might be wondering why we want to run 3 phase motor with single phase AC supply, well in Nigeria it is common to have one or two phases without power, if we rely on having 3 phase supply all the time then there will be many occasions when we can not work because all three phases does not have power supply. We want to be able to run our operations with single phase if that is what is available

3 Likes

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Ufuoma10: 12:06am On Nov 11, 2020
Earthstorms:

How many of the local machines do you want to purchase, based on the price you type.

I hope you aren't going for cowen used machine, with that price
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Obakovicho: 4:57am On Nov 11, 2020
Earthstorms:

How much for the local one
Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 5:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Ufuoma10:

How many of the local machines do you want to purchase, based on the price you type.

I hope you aren't going for cowen used machine, with that price

That price is for 1 set of local machines. Crusher, oil filter, kernel toaster, storage tanks, piping, instrumentations like weighing scales, liquid flow meters, solar inverters, solar panels, deep cycle batteries, security system, accounting system, and borehole.

I am not buying anything from cowen estate.

Subsequent machines will be cheaper since some of the machines will already be in place.

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by Earthstorms(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2020
Obakovicho:

How much for the local one

I budgeted 5 million naira for it. 3.7 million for the main machines, 1.3 million for the supporting machines.

1 Like

Re: Creating A 50ton Per Day Palm Kernel Processing Plant by felixzo1(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2020
Earthstorms:

I budgeted 5 million naira for it. 3.7 million for the main machines, 1.3 million for the supporting machines.

well-done bro, may God bless your hustle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Specie Of Broiler Is The Best? / Pls How Much Is A Basket Of Tomato In Your Area Or State? Lets Interact / Can One Get Pepino Melon Locally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.