Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion (53179 Views)

#EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / EndSARS: Sowore Returned To Police Headquarters, Create EndSARS Avenue / Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Bluffly: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2020
My friend don't join issues and stop blackmailing the protesters. He should not come and use the protest to build his Cv or praise himself
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by tot(f): 10:00am On Oct 16, 2020
MLTR:

Disassociating from sowore is the perfect thing to do, if the movement must sustain its "credibility"
so far the govt have been quiet, buh what they need is an avenue to discredit the movement as one been sponsored or hijacked by the opposition, that is the premium antics govt av up there sleeves, we can't throw our struggle away just because of how sowore feels, of all people he should understand.
I think sowore as done is best, maybe its time he sits back and let the youth do the rest. anyone that has an affiliation with the opposition should just keep off.

Exactly. Well said.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by imustsaymymindo: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

whatever happened 2015 has since passed and he was not the determining factor for Buhari winning the election then. He is a good man with good intentions, let's not pretend like someone else is going to become president without becoming a politician. We will still elect a politician at the end of the day. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know and he is no devil. He has a track record of doing the best to hold the government accountable. I'll take him anyday and anytime over anybody.

If it was Banky W who came out, I'm sure he won't be embarrased in that manner despite being a politician. It's just the mob mentality derived from Burna's cowardly defense against him. Both the politicians, celeb and other "powerful" people have their own selfish reasons towards this protest. So, what's the buzz on Sowore? Didn't some other politicians join the protest claiming they were even harassed by SARS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2020
MainJoe:

If there is something we gained from this protest is the approach Folarin "Falz" Falana has given it.

Coming up the a 5 Plan Agenda and getting the Governor to present it to the president was a turning point.

If the protest maintains momentum until the agendas are achieved, we might carve out a route for better governance.

His letter for the President to constitute the Board of the National Human Right Commission is another sign of the same approach.

With a clear demand from the government and Mass action, we might have a return from this protest.

I just finished watching an AIT breakfast program where a professional talked about the Human Rights Commission. The Commission is an advisory Commission, it can only make recommendations which may or may not be enforced by the court. Now let's be honest, the court of law is way higher in the scheme of things than the National Human Rights Commission because the decisions of the human rights commission is subject to adjudication by the court.

Let me explain what I mean with an example. If the National Human Rights Commission constitutes a panel to free Ibrahim El-zakzaky , Shia Muslims leader, in Nigeria still under detention they can only give an advisory decision to the President or the DSS boss. If the President does not act on it, the parties can head to court to challenge the refusal of the president to accept the advisory decision from the NHRC.

Imagine that even the decisions of the court which are made binding by the Constitution did not make the DSS to release El-zakzaky , how then do you expect the "advisory decision" of a Commission setup by an executive order without the backing of the law to receive enforcement by the President?

What's happening now is that the protesters do not even know what their problem was. They thought it would be hard for the government to end SARS and after the Government did exactly what they asked for , they then realized that what they stated was not their biggest problem and started making new "mild" demands. The reshuffling of the NHRC is a mild demand and would change little or nothing.

The Government will yield to it and they will make another demand.

The real point of this protest is that the protesters are tired of this regime.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by HAccord: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Another f00l, ass thinker like the one above.
Because he supported Buhari he can't criticize him again?

You all these PDP miscreants are even giving us concern to think about this protest.

What you love is PDP not Nigeria.
NUISANCE

You are a useless mongrel, if it were the Easterners who brought this calamity of a government into power, you would have continued to remind the whole world how they are myopic, just to victimize and scapegoat them.

Now you can't stomach a fraction of your own wickedness as it is being forced down your yoruba muslim throat.

Thunder fire ya scrotal sac!
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Lewisalexander(m): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2020
ERockson:
They should have flogged him publicly

Lol
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Kyase(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
Which is worse?

Have you seen pictures of the slaughter before?

Who gave Fulanis the guts to rise?

Who voted that person into power?

What did you do when they rigged election?

SARS have been oppressing youths long ago, why did you chose to act now and ignore for so long?

Is it because celebrities cajoled you to?

What do you think celebrities will do if a bloody revolution breaks out?

Do you think they will stay here with you?

Bro before you push for something make sure you understand and prepare for the results so you are not overwhelmed.

These ones the youths are doing, protesting, blocking road, camping and eating chicken is just you guys enjoying yourself as always. Selfish desires and interest...

You have no idea what you are chasing after and how heated up it can get

Maybe you don't know my position on this endsars and Fulani herdsmen issues.
I'm not even protesting this SARS, that's for the starter, because it's the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob kinda thing.
And for that killer herdsmen, their days are numbered, take this from me
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by cmecproblem(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2020
All you've worked for can be lost in a day if you lose your way.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Starzo: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2020
Wisdom grin
Skinnienigga:

Lool. My guy!

They probably didn't follow the protests from the onset that's why they are still seeing Sowore as a saint. The dude is a two-faced fellow.

I remember after he lost the election, Baba didn't say anything until after Bubu's ministerial list came out. Sources claim that he was clamouring for a cabinet appointment. When he saw that there was nothing for him, he started shouting revolution yen yen yen.

He's a typical Nigerian politician to the call.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Sarmiz24(m): 10:10am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

In as much as we believe GEJ is better than Buhari, his government was flawed and corruption thrived so he believeding to win the last election. He didn't give up. How is he confused?
Man U sound like you are his PR manager nawa o, the point the youth are trying to make is he is a Politician which he is activist or not so he should stay clear off or else this Yeye Government will label the whole protest an opposition politics... Besides this guy sowores looks like a pained man who is trying so hard to take his revenge on the APC for Dumping him
What I know is Winter is Coming, And it gonna be long

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SeriouslySense(m): 10:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Sowore started the protest, that is enough for me, and if I look at his history as a whole, he is the type of leader that we can trust, since there is consistency.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ultimateprof: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Assuming that Buhari government compensated sowore with an office he wouldn't have gone against them. Was he not the one who concurred to Buhari's winning? Sowore is a no go area.
End SARS
End SWAT
End police brutality
End this govt.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by IamPlato(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2020
Kyase:

Maybe you don't know my position on this endsars and Fulani herdsmen issues.
I'm not even protesting this SARS, that's for the starter, because it's the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob kinda thing.
And for that killer herdsmen, their days are numbered, take this from me
i Hope Their Days Are Numbered, i Really Hope So
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SeriouslySense(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2020
How are you different from Sars with such statement.

ERockson:
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Guest911: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2020
HAccord:
Anybody who supported this government in 2015 is very much part of the problem that currently bedevils us.

There is no mincing words here.
ogbeni a lot of young people voted for change, are you saying it’s wrong that we gave them benefit of doubt in 2015? We all know that the 2019 election was rigged and no good candidate. In 2face voice even if you can’t trust nobody you still have to trust someone.

The guy has been detained, assaulted which we know it’s because he has no money and refused to be sponsored by wealthy politicians which candidate have gotten that far?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ultimateprof: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2020
Sarmiz24:

Man U sound like you are his PR manager nawa o, the point the youth are trying to make is he is a Politician which he is activist or not so he should stay clear off or else this Yeye Government will label the whole protest an opposition politics... Besides this guy sowores looks like a pained man who is trying so hard to take his revenge on the APC for Dumping him
What I know is Winter is Coming, And it gonna be long

You've said all, sowore is trying to revenge on the APC government, because the wicked APC table turned against him.

Kikikikikikiki, let him go and leak his wound.

Let him go and sin no more.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by hotwax: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2020
27Pushing30:
You no get sense

Until your Jonathan Military men took over occupy Nigeria protest grounds across the country.

Under Buhari Military remains uninvolved.

Sometimes I wonder what Nigerians want really.

Did we have light under PDP? Security nko? Under PDP you can’t even protest after all even a PDP Governor had the effrontery to BAN #ENDSARS protest in his state.

Yet na APC Una hate . Continue

we protested oil subsidy and jonathan was to reverse his decision
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Loandbehold: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2020
SeriouslySense:
How are you different from Sars with such statement.

Many of them are as barbaric as SARS. You don't lynch someone because of opposing views or simply because you disagree with them. If you try that in a sane climate, you'll be locked up for a long time. If you have an argument, bring it to the table instead of talking about flogging him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Guest911: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2020
ultimateprof:

You've said all, sowore is trying to revenge on the APC government, because the wicked APC table turned against him.

Kikikikikikiki, let him go and leak his wound.

Let him go and sin no more.
APC government turned on all of us. The change mantra was very convincing to people who were dying for a change.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Kyase(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
i Hope Their Days Are Numbered, i Really Hope So
It's my brother, wait and see the coming raining season

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by zuto4u(m): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2020
U are just heartless
ERockson:
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Oyiboman69: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2020
ERockson:

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by zuto4u(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2020
Most of the people protesting also supported this government in 2015
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2020
meetme01:
If he was accepted to the rally, the focus would change and govt may use force which might lead to extra judicial killing and clamping down on posters with DSS or Army.

It was done to avoid any political undertone. He would use the platform to push for revolution which would actually come as the protest persist. You can see the government is finding it hard to pitch the protest to anyone. NO LEADER protest. That's the consensus and awesome strategy.

If Sowore is disgruntled, he should understand what the protest is all about and respect the views of the youth.

You are very intelligent.

If Sowore is accepted, once they arrest the leader, the protest ends.

Nobody is responsible for the protest.

Hahaha.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SweetCunt97(f): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.

He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him.

In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.

Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XpNymShJ1I
Forget that thing! He as a young activist supported this same govt! He's simply voicing out because nobody gave him any appointments.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by dangotesmummy: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Funny enough, wearing off sunshades and sagging of trousers is an offshoot of drug inspired hippy culture. They should have attacked their fire and not smoke.
them get sense? Them be abok1 na.Abok1 in Yoruba means a person that cannot think.something lower than an animal.why do you think Yorubas shout "abok1" when insulting someone?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by obailala(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
You are right

About her religion, I have no problem with anyone's religion but the rest of Nigeria wouldn't see it so especially in a country like Nigeria.

For wisdom sake, she should put her religious representation aside and stand solely as a Nigerian.

I still don't trust her yet, let's see where this is all going
It's her religious obligation to cover her and face at all times in public. So are you saying for wisdom's sake, she has to go against her religion by taking off her hijab?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SweetCunt97(f): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Sowore started the protest, that is enough for me, and if I look at his history as a whole, he is the type of leader that we can trust, since there is consistency.
Just like the khaki wearing former governor of Edo state? Don't let their seemingly activism fool you
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by LordFaraday(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2020
We do make mistakes in life that what makes us human. And from what have read about Sowore from his uni days he's being fighting for the rights of others. He made a very big mistake in 2015 just like most of us but he's out for redemption. I pray he finds that redemption if his heart is truly pure.
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ajl: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2020
Cyberterror:
The only thing I liked about Sowore was that he helped us to remove the corruption-infested regime of Jonathan. But since then, he has lost his way believing the government should have compensated him with an office.

I can only feel sorry for Nigerians like you each time I read comments like this. Apparently, you all do not know your left from your right and would eventually get lost. You said Sowore is seeking for compensation from government. Obviously you all assume all Nigerians are the same. Do you know his track record. This guy as student union leader turned down N800,000 gift from Abiola. Thats like $800k of today. Even Babangida was offering student union leaders cars, he also turned it down. Nigerians are known to be lovers of darkness and enemies of light and truth. I am not surprised. They abhor so much negative things within them that. You can imagine someone blaming Sowore for 2015 loss of Jonathan. Did you remember to praise him for helping bring Jonathan to power through his platform report on Yaradua death? Look at the protesters now. Haven't they loss focus already. I sorry for you all.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by LordFaraday(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2020
We do make mistakes in life that what makes us human. And from what have read about Sowore from his uni days he's being fighting for the rights of others. He made a very big mistake in 2015 just like most of us but he's out for redemption. I pray he finds that redemption if his heart is truly pure.
HAccord:
Anybody who supported this government in 2015 is very much part of the problem that currently bedevils us.

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SweetCunt97(f): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2020
HAccord:

Which they trying to fix. Apc sold a fake dream to gullible Nigerians unfortunately. Imagine tomato paste is now 100naira!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari's Letter To Fayose Demanding Retraction & Apologies / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together / Tony Kabaka Gives His Life To Christ! (full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.