Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion (53217 Views)

#EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport / EndSARS: Sowore Returned To Police Headquarters, Create EndSARS Avenue / Why Sowore Deserves To Be Forgiven By Goodluck Jonathan Supporters – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ajl: 10:52am On Oct 16, 2020
SeriouslySense:
They have a funny way of thinking.

They are attacking someone who is trying to help them, and praising those who oppress them.

And they wonder why progress is slow.

That's the reason Jerry Rawlings of Ghana said in an interview that Nigerians are madly in love with their oppressors. It's an unending Valentine day for them and their oppressors.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Thetruthalways: 10:53am On Oct 16, 2020
Eriokanmi:
he supported same govt in 2015 remember? He's a flip-flopper
So if he supported them and now he feels the government has failed, he shouldn't be against them now?....
Haba how do you guys do politics...
Hope you are aware same sowore supported GEJ when Yaradua died....

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SeriouslySense(m): 10:57am On Oct 16, 2020
Are the youths experienced in this, Sowore could be very useful, at one moment or another.

Do you think this government respects or regards your opinions as youth, and they will listen to you simply because no opposition is there, the government would look for another way to deceive you, Just like how you are looking for excuses to drive Sowore away, the Government will look for ways to deceive the protesters.

Sarmiz24:

A United Youths is bigger than Ten Thousand of Sowore cuz the Government see us the Youth as Citizen voicing out but they see Sowore, Dino and the rest as opposition Party and that’s not the message we are conveying... we simply saying enof is enof, we are not advocating any politician simple

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by ajl: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2020
CzarChris:
Sowore and his use of Sahara Reporters to blackmail Nigerians into supporting this government from hell we have is more than enough reason for him to receive real good quality beating in the first place. In saner climes he would hid his head in shame, but what we have in this country is a group of shameless mofos.

Most of you are brainless. When does reporting election results become supporting one candidate over the other? I am sure you have no clue about what truly happened during the 2015 election.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Kaycee9242(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2020
zionmde:
Sowore is a politician who lost an election period!!!
politics should steer away from this protest
moreover d guy is confused.

I wish u are close by i for give u drink, d idiot is totally confused. He should get out of d protest ground
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by kayjay69(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2020
True. But he has the guts to call them out which means not only is he human as the rest of us are, he is not a minion loyal to this administration. If he were, then I would totally fault him but he atleast had the good conscience to speak against this present government.

GEJ had respect for the rule of law, he made good strides in some areas and is a perfect gentleman however he is not the type of leader Nigeria needed at that time neither is the totally inept, nepotist, coward, backward thinker Buhari. One does not make the other look good, both are incompetent leaders, both are bad but then maybe one to a worse degree than the other.

Sowore for all of his errors in judgment has not occupied any real position of power nor is he a politician, he is an activist at best, and as such I do not think he deserved to be treated that way.

Eriokanmi:

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by BlackBaron: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2020
Sowore could be a tad over passionate sometimes I think. Noteworthy is the way SR is being run where some news reports has been suspect.

I agree he should not be part of this so as not to politicise the whole movement. If all goes right,
He'll have a chance to showcase later his capabilities to rule or not.

Until then, politicians should support from online.
#Endbadgovernance
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by SeriouslySense(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2020
My Advise is that Nigeria, should be divided, before disaster happens, Time is of the essence.

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by CzarChris(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2020
ajl:

Most of you are brainless. When does reporting election results become supporting one candidate over the other? I am sure you have no clue about what truly happened during the 2015 election.
I want to say a very big thank you to you for this wonderful insult you just meted out to me in your response to my comments. I would have loved to educate you on the intrigues that happened behind the scenes before the election proper, but since you clearly won't listen to the voice of reason, no need responding to you.
Do have a nice day, and continue insulting people you don't know online, you'll definitely go far.

Thank you.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Oketwin(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:

whatever happened 2015 has since passed and he was not the determining factor for Buhari winning the election then. He is a good man with good intentions, let's not pretend like someone else is going to become president without becoming a politician. We will still elect a politician at the end of the day. The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know and he is no devil. He has a track record of doing the best to hold the government accountable. I'll take him anyday and anytime over anybody.
na d sufa we dey so devil u knw ko d buhari angel u dnt knw.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by UtuokeAlcoholic: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Awol1:

It hasn't passed o!

He will never be forgiven for helping enthrone Buhari.

Some publications by Sahara Reporters helped damage GEJ's reputation in the international community.

He's educated enough to know the history of Buhari. His nepotism, his bigotry and the fact that he's an illiterate.

Sowore should never have supported such a man over GEJ.
Oga take am easy na, even jona himself has moved on
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by MainJoe: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

I just finished watching an AIT breakfast program where a professional talked about the Human Rights Commission. The Commission is an advisory Commission, it can only make recommendations which may or may not be enforced by the court. Now let's be honest, the court of law is way higher in the scheme of things than the National Human Rights Commission because the decisions of the human rights commission is subject to adjudication by the court.

Let me explain what I mean with an example. If the National Human Rights Commission constitutes a panel to free Ibrahim El-zakzaky , Shia Muslims leader, in Nigeria still under detention they can only give an advisory decision to the President or the DSS boss. If the President does not act on it, the parties can head to court to challenge the refusal of the president to accept the advisory decision from the NHRC.

Imagine that even the decisions of the court which are made binding by the Constitution did not make the DSS to release El-zakzaky , how then do you expect the "advisory decision" of a Commission setup by an executive order without the backing of the law to receive enforcement by the President?

What's happening now is that the protesters do not even know what their problem was. They thought it would be hard for the government to end SARS and after the Government did exactly what they asked for , they then realized that what they stated was not their biggest problem and started making new "mild" demands. The reshuffling of the NHRC is a mild demand and would change little or nothing.

The Government will yield to it and they will make another demand.

The real point of this protest is that the protesters are tired of this regime.

I think you missed the context of the point I made.

I am saying being proactive to things happening in the government and reaching out to them to correct their actions or inactions.

What Falz did was to point out a loop hole in the promise dished out by the presidency through Adesina.

With the Mass action going on, the youths can finally have a voice to get the government to act to their needs.

Pulling down the government might be difficult but the point is that achieving an avenues to curtail the government's actions or inactions is a big deal.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by obailala(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2020
IamPlato:
Do you want a nation with or without religious segregation?

Is removing the hijab a sin?

Don't you know that something as little as Hijab can divide a country like Nigeria?

Are you not a Nigerian? Don't you know the beef going on between Christians and Muslims?

This is a simple thing. It's basic psychology
What sort of religious intolerance is this? undecided Are you not aware that Muslim women mandatorily have to cover themselves all the time in public? But you're asking if removing hijab is a sin.

Someone isnt blocking your way, someone isnt trampling on you, but you just feel uncomfortable with the person's presence because they wear a hijab? My brother this is the purest form of religious intolerance.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Follybanty: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Sowore brought light to every Nigeria who dear to oppose this present government if not sowore, he sparking the mind of every Nigeria's.give respect to who respect is due to when was every body when he was busy fighting this bad government he as always be fighting for the people sowore deserve much respect

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by CodeTemplar: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:
No one had seen terrorism in Nigeria pre Jonathan era so it was normal to think that he was a weak president. The Federal Capital Territory was bombed almost everyday. The Police Headquarters, United Nations building etc were all bombed. Boko Haram attacked Kano and other Northern States not even in the North East.

The soldiers were also complaining of inferior weapons and once they even claimed " tactical manoeuvre " when the Boko Haram fighters pursued them away from the Lake Chad. Chibok girls were kidnapped and even the United States were angry with Jonathan.

Sowore and every other person with the interest of Nigeria at heart could not change government through any other means apart from elections.

Everybody did not think about Buhari's economic policies while he was Head of State. They thought about his disciplined nature as even foreign observers have noted that his period as Head of State witnessed the least amount of crimes in Nigeria. He was successful with War against Indiscipline in 1984 and even the most stubborn people were afraid to exhibit simple bad behaviors like jumping queues.

A person with a military background to defeat terrorism and a history of discipline to quench the burning fire of corruption was the prerequisite for the next Nigerian President. Only Buhari fulfilled that qualification then and that was why he became President.

Sowore didn't support Buhari he supported change .
Sowore has always been one to put govt on their toes and make them improve whatever they are doing.
Some bitter element saw those call for improvement as opposition to the seating govt and support for the main opposition.
It is sad how personal interest can totally erode the reasoning power of some section of the country. Sowore is a just a journalist with the zeal of a rebellious ex-student leader he is. He has also criticized Buhari as much as he did Jonathan but the pain of election lose won't allow so many people see that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Sarmiz24(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Are the youths experienced in this, Sowore could be very useful, at one moment or another.

Do you think this government respects or regards your opinions as youth, and they will listen to you simply because no opposition is there, the government would look for another way to deceive you, Just like how you are looking for excuses to drive Sowore away, the Government will look for ways to deceive the protesters.

That’s not for me to say if they listen or not, what I know is if dey refuse to listen to our voice we make it louder until they listen... In the history of protest it always has to go louder b4 the government start listening.. Same thing happened at Black Lives Matter, dey didn’t hear the people until the voice became louder... same thing will happen here, if dey don’t hear us we go louder until dey start listening simple

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 16, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Sowore has always been one to put govt on their toes and make them improve whatever they are doing.
Some bitter element saw those call for improvement as opposition to the seating govt and support for the main opposition.
It is sad how personal interest can totally erode the reasoning power of some section of the country. Sowore is a just a journalist with the zeal of a rebellious ex-student leader he is. He has also criticized Buhari as much as he did Jonathan but the pain of election lose won't allow so many people see that.

Exactly. Banky-w gave the new five demands ,he also contested in Lagos State and lost woefully. Even YUl Edochie also ran for Governor. Why are they angry with Sowore who has criticized successive regimes?

It goes beyond being a politician. It shows the youth still believe in "the leader that favours my selfish desire should not be criticized".

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by CodeTemplar: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2020
obailala:
What sort of religious intolerance is this? undecided Are you not aware that Muslim women mandatorily have to cover themselves all the time in public? But you're asking if removing hijab is a sin.

Someone isnt blocking your way, someone isnt trampling on you, but you just feel uncomfortable with the person's presence because they wear a hijab? My brother this is the purest form of religious intolerance.
You are not being honest here. Someone who sees me as inferior and one to be eliminated in order to attain peace must be closely watched. Hijab may look harmless but what happens when they duplicating elements of govt like the police(hisbah), the court and justice system(sharia), laws(Quran), encroachment of territories etc?

What happens when jihad hits full swing and I become less that a chicken in their eyes?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by obailala(m): 11:36am On Oct 16, 2020
CodeTemplar:
You are not being honest here. Someone who sees me as inferior and one to be eliminated in order to attain peace must be closely watched. Hijab may look harmless but what happens when they duplicating elements of govt like the police(hisbah), the court and justice system(sharia), laws(Quran), encroachment of territories etc?

What happens when jihad hits full swing and I become less that a chicken in their eyes?
What da hell are you all about? Aisha Yusuf is wearing her hijab for her self yet it's troubling and biting you like this? What did Aisha Yusuf do to you to warrant this sort of public prejudice against her solely because of her hijab?

I ask again, how did Aisha Yusuf wearing a hijab affect your life?
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by CodeTemplar: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2020
obailala:

What da hell are you all about? Aisha Yusuf is wearing her hijab for her self yet it's troubling and biting you like this? What did Aisha Yusuf do to you to warrant this sort of public prejudice against her solely because of her hijab?

I ask again, how did Aisha Yusuf wearing a hijab affect your life?
And what does she have on you to be defending her ? I have no personal issues with her but with her beliefs.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by obailala(m): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

Exactly. Banky-w gave the new five demands ,he also contested in Lagos State and lost woefully. Even YUl Edochie also ran for Governor. Why are they angry with Sowore who has criticized successive regimes?

It goes beyond being a politician. It shows the youth still believe in "the leader that favours my selfish desire should not be criticized".
Something I've noted from the recent trends is that the people angry with and criticising Sowore are just bloody Jonathanians who haven't recovered, and who (as obviously seen here) can never recover from their election loss of 2015. These same set of people are also angry with folks like Oby Ezekwesili, Charly Boy etc who never relented in criticising GEJ and even the current govt. Their anger is, "why should GEJ have been criticised". These group of persons have taken the #EndSARS protest as an avenue to come wail openly over their 2015 loss. Unfortunately this is why a real revolution can never happen in Nigeria; too many Nigerians wallow in meaningless political, tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by IamPlato(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2020
obailala:

if You Say So
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Optional09: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Eriokanmi:

give us evidence that he supported this government
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by obailala(m): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
CodeTemplar:
And what does she have on you to be defending her ? I have no personal issues with her but with her beliefs.
I'm simply defending humanity, human rights, religious freedom and the reign of common sense. That's what democracy and even the #EndSARS campaign is all about.

Like seriously, did you just openly admit to disliking someone purely because of their religion? I hear this woman is even a Deltan (but probably just married to a Muslim husband), and you just hate her cos of her chosen religion? How do you sleep at night knowing you're no different from bokoharam ideologists?

Oga, I don't need to know her personally before I speak up against this sort of senseless bigotry and intolerance you've exhibited here... *spits*
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Minjim: 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
Those protesters didn't try at all.
How many of us voted for Gani Fawehinmi when he was alive?

But then again, this FG is very dubious. If they had given Sowore a stage there the FG would have said that the protest is funded by failed political enemies of the govt

May God open our eyes to identify out real enemies

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
obailala:
I'm simply defending humanity, human rights, religious freedom and the reign of common sense. That's what democracy and even the #EndSARS campaign is all about.

Like seriously, did you just openly admit to disliking someone purely because of their religion? I hear this woman is even a Deltan (but probably just married to a Muslim husband), and you just hate her cos of her chosen religion? How do you sleep at night knowing you're no different from bokoharam ideologists?

Oga, I don't need to know her personally before I speak up against this sort of senseless bigotry and intolerance you've exhibited here... *spits*

I'm getting tired of the hype surrounding this hijab wearing woman.

I don't give a damn about the Political activism of any person who is a slave to religion. Politics and religion are intertwined in this country.

It's hypocritical to go about fighting to end SARS fully clothed in the regalia that Hisbah police in some Northern States recommend for women .

Fight to make those women and minorities suppressed by your religion in Northern States to be free first all and you won't have people vote for candidates whose only qualification is being a devout faithful.

The concerns about Arabic writings in the emblem of the Nigerian Army is the same fountain which my worries flow from.

A woman who wears a dress stereotyped as suicide bombs hiding linen by enslaved Middle Eastern Women in bondage of extremism can never be the STATUTE OF LIBERTY of a secular nation that has suffered from terrorism.

I don't fucking do sentiments neither do I subscribe to herd mentality. My signature states clearly the bane of always trying to be politically correct.

CodeTemplar , Iamplato

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Sleekfingers: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2020
He is lucky they didnt shaped his face with slaps....yeye dey smell.....

He should stay clear from the protest....he contested and lost in the election....2023 is coming...he should wait till then......as far as i am concern he is a politician and should not be allow to participate in the protest.....the youth should remain focus .before people like sowore hijack the protest......
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
Sleekfingers:
He is lucky they didnt shaped his face with slaps....yeye dey smell.....

He should stay clear from the protest....he contested and lost in the election....2023 is coming...he should wait till then......as far as i am concern he is a politician and should not be allow to participate in the protest.....the youth should remain focus .before people like sowore hijack the protest......

Didn't Banky W and Yul Edochie also contest elections? The new five points were made by Banky W , why have you guys stood by it?

You hate Sowore because of his democratic role in the 2015 elections. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
Screw sowore bringing intersectionality into politics.

He's lost my vote, make he just join the protest like ordinary citizen.

In addition the guy na Communist who believes in absolute egalitarianism.
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Ogaonos: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
Loandbehold:
It's really disappointing to see how the protesters in Abuja treated Sowore. This guy has literally been fighting the government of Nigeria and has tried his best to stir the people to take matters into their hands and protest. He was even locked up for the cause.

He joined politics to try to fight them but yet some Nigerians are against him. They tagged him "just like every other politician". He's not like others. He went in there to fight them. Let's not lose sight of that. He might have made some errors just like everyone of us. But time and time again, he always stood by the people. He never turned on the people but now that he and several others have succeeded in waking the sleeping giant, the people are trying to turn against him.

In as much as you might have something against him, at least, show the man some respect. He has done enough to warrant it and he shouldn't be treated like that.

Sowore, "forgive them for they know not what they do," and don't loose faith in the people. We need you in this fight wether we like it or not. Keep up the good work and don't let this little hiccup deter you. There are a lot more people that support you and will continue to support you. Your service is appreciated.
#appreciatesowore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XpNymShJ1I
op u forgotten how sowore Sahara reporters gave false information on Jonathan administration on the 20 billion dollars reserve.and brainwash d pple of Nigeria to vote buhari.we youth are wise now.the internet doesn't forget
Re: EndSARS: Sowore Deserves Better Than What He Got In Abuja - Opinion by Sleekfingers: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
ethicallyright:

Didn't Banky W and Yul Edochie also contest elections? The new five points were made by Banky W , why have you guys stood by it?

You hate Sowore because of his democratic role in the 2015 elections. Simple.

have no business with the role he played in 2015......i voted for buhari, because of that mumu ex president jonathan.....now buhari too got nothing to offer.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

"Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive" - Kemi Olunloyo / Fashola, Ngige’s Convoy Crashes In Delta. Four Policemen Feared Dead / More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.