Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman (57504 Views)

Festus Keyamo: How I Bought My House In The US / I’ve Been In The Police Force For 14 Years And I Still Earn N64,000 Monthly, / Nigerians And Hypocrisy: How Come Noone Is Protesting RUGA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Lexusgs430: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
micflo28:
He is right. I am a staff of FRSC. The least rank amongst us takes home 42,500 naira and you are posted out of the state without a dime paid to you. They sack you for taking bribe on the road but you all won't know what we go through. I am just building myself to get another job and quit. I happen to even reside in abuja where things are very hard and expensive. It's not just the police, the salaries of people serving you all is messed up and prices of stuffs keep increasing.

So the lazy yoots are protesting for you too...... Join the picket line, carry a card, voicing your concerns too....... cheesy
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2020
Miracle2020:
the moment you begin to politicize this protest,I consider you to be a fool. What was the police collecting when PDP and the drunkard were in power? During gej time 40 people were killed and their bodies were thrown in Ezu river in Anambara state. Your foolish ohanneze kept quiet up till now. Why?
you are blessed man. kill dem with the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by andyanders: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Our problems are the law makers and the senators. Youths should attack them.

One person collecting about 30million every month for doing nothing, while a policeman is collecting 64k and states cant pay 30k which is less than $100 per month, yet the leaders collect jumbo sallaries 4 doing nothing.

They should be chased out of Abuja.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
The government need to increase police salary and welfare packages
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by DPricey1(f): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
My husband is a police officer as well, all what the man said is true.
But that doesn't excuse police brutality! Stop killing of innocent civilians out of frustration!
#IStandAgainstPoliceBrutality #ReformPolice

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by tosomaju(m): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davash222:
First child in 2017 and now has 4 kids.

4 kids in 3 years

We shouldn’t blame everything on government.
He probably has two sets of twins
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by HRMK: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
does it make sense to be on low income and still av 4kids in 3yrs?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by HRMK: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
did he say that?ur his lawyer?
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by FlordFlorez(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
Same problem everywhere. Corrupt infested society! This protest must not end #EndSars doesn't really and only mean to end SARS but to end all forms of corruption aren't in all ramifications. Our leaders have been pushing us for a while but now, they have pushed us to the wall. Enough is a enough.

#Restructure

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by toye440: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2020
junketer:
oboy me self see the thing o. First child in 2017, 4 children by 2020. Imagine. Maybe the man miscalculated.
No Spacing, He probably had twins in btw.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Amonijosh1: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2020
If our reps are collecting hardship allowance, then we the citizens who experience real hardship must demand our own hardship allowance. If we don't get it, theirs should be removed too.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by bizzibodi(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
dokie:

Have you met Frank Mba, Dolapo Badmus or Abba Kyari?

When you do, you will realize that it is poverty that is making most of the policemen you meet look the way they look.
Those people are false image makers na.they are models on d runway.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Drizzy5001(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
First child = 2017
2nd child = 2018
3rd child = 2019
4th child = 2020
Wow... Sharp shooter grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by bizzibodi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
The policeman fail to mention that they paid heavily to be posted to lucrative cities like Lagos,rivers & Abia even banks.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by ABIODUNOLAOPA1(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
[quote author=Amotolongbo post=94993873]If these have been their reasons for brutalizing and extorting the citizens, why can’t they just also join and support this protest or arrange their own protest to present their demands to the government instead of disrupting ours.[/quote
Exactly my point or better still, turn d guns against their bosses that have been stealing d resources.]
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Ogaonos: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Some idiots are still satisfied with the status quo of the country...

Somebody is receiving 29m monthly just for shouting yee or nay but a police officer is receiving #64,000 after more than 10 years in service with poor living conditions

The protest is making the govt sit up because most of the activities Esp to get revenue has been disrupted...

So if u are angry at protesters, u can as well give us better ideas to get govt attention or just shut the fvck up

Be there complaining abt the protesters infringing ur rights when the govt tramples ur rights every day and u can't say anything
even one fool taxi man DT was my teacher yrs back was condemning d protester DT they all doing illegal biz.and his always supporting APC

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by rotile247(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2020
Danzakidakura:
restructuring is better than disintegration, each region should have their government managed their resources provide security for their citizens, except army, airforce and Navy should be control by the federal government, every region should generate their income and pay tax to the federal government. With this you will enjoy what we called united in diversity. You will know that our population alone is an asset and that's why the whole world still respect Nigeria.

Very apt! State and community policing should be part of the restructure with every policeman and policewoman posted to their immediate community where the hail from. The people in the community know them just as they know the community which enables effective policing.

Also police salaries especially the junior staff should be increased, things like kits and uniforms provided yearly, insurance provided as well as medical access HMO.
The living standard of the masses should be increased. Prices of essential commodities should be regulated.

We need to begin to hold our current rulers at all levels accountable. Why would a senator be collecting hardship allowance, newspaper allowance running into millions? When it's the people that faces hardship and can hardly afford a mean daily?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by ojialo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ahmed0336:
NPF !!!!!!

Chai!!!!!!!
not only NPF, other paramilitaries suffer same fate, I was a prison officer I left because of same thing he complained about. I joined 2006 and my salary was 8200 it grew to 34k when ya'adua approved the special salary called COMPASS, imagine as a family man you have to pay your rent, pay your kids school fees pay utilities bills and still feed from 34k, at times before the month runs out I have borrowed close to my salary. With same 34k you buy your uniform your boot and other things yourself, this country is messed up.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by uglodoh(f): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davash222:
4 kids in 3 years
After 11 years of waiting. I do not think it was easy for him.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by mechanics(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
So the pronouncement of increase in their salaries by President Buhari has not be effected, that's serious, no wonder they keep collecting bribe.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Eriokanmi: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
Ahmed0336:
NPF !!!!!!

Chai!!!!!!!
There's nothing like chaiiii. Uncle Sunday of blessed memory used to sew police uniform for them. They buy almost everything they wear, including shoes. What a country!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by lagosrd: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davash222:

4 kids in 3 years

An what is that suppose to mean?
Blame the man again?
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by yaki84: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Some idiots are still satisfied with the status quo of the country...

Somebody is receiving 29m monthly just for shouting yee or nay but a police officer is receiving #64,000 after more than 10 years in service with poor living conditions

The protest is making the govt sit up because most of the activities Esp to get revenue has been disrupted...

So if u are angry at protesters, u can as well give us better ideas to get govt attention or just shut the fvck up

Be there complaining abt the protesters infringing ur rights when the govt tramples ur rights every day and u can't say anything
May u live long.
We will live to see a better Nigeria Amen.
I graduated since 2007, till now am not on any payroll.
Currently I am in my mum's house cos of house rent.
Imagine what ordinary Nigerians are facing yearly.
I can't do crime, it isn't in my nature.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by handh: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2020
Danzakidakura:
restructuring is better than disintegration, each region should have their government managed their resources provide security for their citizens, except army, airforce and Navy should be control by the federal government, every region should generate their income and pay tax to the federal government. With this you will enjoy what we called united in diversity. You will know that our population alone is an asset and that's why the whole world still respect Nigeria.

You spoke my mind.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davash222:

4 kids in 3 years

it might be twin nah pls use your head abeg
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by mushystuff: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2020
Davash222:

4 kids in 3 years

Do you know if there was a multiple birth at some point? Besides you need to stick to the main point which is that he has to pay rent and still buy his pen own uniform including boots that cost 18000! Is he supposed to be bearing such expenses while FG officials and NASS members have allowances for everything including newspapers and hardship! Between them and the Police who faces more hardship?
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by DRPAIT123(m): 5:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
Amotolongbo:
What if there is twins or triplets in the births?

This Nigeria isn’t safe for the citizens again. Hence the need for multiple birth cos of our low chance of survival.
Anything (like SARS) can kill any of them before adulthood reducing the children to 3 or even nill before the parents die cry cry cry
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by gulfer: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2020
I worked with an expat in the past and he told me that if you go into a country, her Police force will tell you a lot about the country. He went further to say until we have a professional police force, Nigeria can never achieve meaningful progress.....he told me this over 10 years ago. It will be like magic when our police is truly reformed; the society will transform
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
Is that not how NYSC gave 1500 naira for bycicle allowance.

The Nigerian government and senators are very wicked and selfish. They earn so much and allow the rest of the people to suffer. Even the ones that do as if they support the masses like Dino Melaye are still wicked. If not, why will they not cut their salaries and use it to pay others.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by Abbanazeeza(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2020
Thunder will fire those idiots collecting millions monthly for doin nothing!!!

In my view nigeria is the worst nation globally, a place where the masses live in hell!!! The fatherland of all sorts of corruption! What are those idiots doing there that worth millions, leaving behind the masses living under slavery?! Imagine how we are enslaved in our own fatherland!!! spit!!

Well i'm glad GOD created the hereafter. You must sow what you reap!
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by greenguy: 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
One of the best thing that can happen to Nigeria is that the police should not be attached to individuals, politicians, celebrities and organizations. There are so many security companies meant to do that in Nigeria.

If you need private protection, go and pay and get it from private companies.
Re: EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman by udomma1005(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
Amotolongbo:
If these have been their reasons for brutalizing and extorting the citizens, why can’t they just also join and support this protest or arrange their own protest to present their demands to the government instead of disrupting ours.
Sorry bro, they can't! Who tries it is tried in an Orderly room trial and charged for conspiracy/mutiny sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket / Ella Ada Celebrates Nigeria At 60 (Photos) / Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan (Governorship Candidate) Shines At APC Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.