Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos (59600 Views)

Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
DCatt:
Ok ask all the govts to resign or what do you want to do?

Nigerians youth deserve this government, their indifferent tolerated elections between the likes of Buhari v Atiku, GEJ vs Buhari and OBJ vs Buhari. Less than 30% turn out to vote, now they have an incompetence ruling government class that is indifferent to their future.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Earnonline7: 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
Joker
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by membranus: 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

Hahahaha fight for others Mr defender of the universe...
Like I said na only mouth u get. if u see knockout u go run not to talk of gun...
Even the army at war do retreat at times when things are not goin their way...
Pls go out and protest it is your civic right and pls try post a picture of urself here oooo.
Stay Safe sir..

Like I have earlier surmised,

Your mouth is your god: as long as you are feeding it, any other hungry mouth can go to hell.

We will prevail, we will triumph: people like you who believe the status quo should remain because you are enjoying from it will be put to shame.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
I agree with first part of your comment but let me add this, the youths are the main problem of Nigeria and they are wasting their time right now.

I said earlier that they should have put an official list together because it's easy to monitor what has been done on the list and what is lacking just as we make notes to ourselves with checklists.

If a list is sent to the govt, the protesters can then ask the govt to give them schedules on when all the things will be done with actual by dates not something thrown in the air. The youths can then follow each and every thing on the list, there are things that can be done next Monday like cutting representatives salary and adding that to the minimum wage. Complete police reform can be scheduled for 2 weeks since Sars is disbanded and swat too will be. Eletricity and security are the 2 main problems.

The govt can't be forced to do anything this way and can just keep saying they are working on it. But if they have it on paper and the govt skips one or miss a deadline, then they can take to the streets again and will get people's support because it's the govt that refuse to keep to its end of the bargain.

So for now the protesters are just larping, they are not serious.
sulaak:

Nigerians youth deserve this government, their indifferent tolerated elections between the likes of Buhari v Atiku, GEJ vs Buhari and OBJ vs Buhari. Less than 30% turn out to vote, now they have an incompetence ruling government class that is indifferent to their future.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:

Good luck to you

Mumu boy

Ode. You uncle has reviewed the time.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
DCatt:
I agree with first part of your comment but let me add this, the youths are the main problem of Nigeria and they are wasting their time right now.

I said earlier that they should have put an official list together because it's easy to monitor what has been done on the list and what is lacking just as we make notes to ourselves with checklists.

If a list is sent to the govt, the protesters can then ask the govt to give them schedules on when all the things will be done with actual by dates not something thrown in the air. The youths can then follow each and every thing on the list, there are things that can be done next Monday like cutting representatives salary and adding that to the minimum wage. Complete police reform can be scheduled for 2 weeks since Sars is disbanded and swat too will be. Eletricity and security are the 2 main problems.

The govt can't be forced to do anything this way and can just keep saying they are working on it. But if they have it on paper and the govt skips one or miss a deadline, then they can take to the streets again and will get people's support because it's the govt that refuse to keep to its end of the bargain.

So for now the protesters are just larping, they are not serious.

If the youths are the problem then Nigeria has no future.

The youths are not wasting their time, they have finally realised that they have mortgaged their future to irresponsible politicians that view politics as a business opportunity. The protest has nothing to with the corrupt police but with hunger, unemployment and poverty and let be honest the current political class are incapable of fixing the country problems.

The youths have no choice but to stay out and fight on the street because I can bet my bottom dollar that comes 2023(if we get there) the next two political candidates will be Tinubu vs Atiku
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 12:40am On Oct 21, 2020
If it takes the youths this long to realise that they have mortgaged their future, then they are equally responsible for the problem.

Again the youth are still responsible for the system that makes it boil down to two presidential candidates they don't want if that is the case but I believe Tinubu will do a good job.

The youths had the opportunity to change the system that made Abuja this powerful. We don't even know the kind of govt we have in Nigeria, it's nothing like federal system in the US or parliamentary system in the UK or Ghana. Because we are separate nations, the British left us with their kind of system but this system that worked well was suspended because some regions wanted to steal from others, Ghana and UK still have the same system till today and it works great. Ghana does not have much money but their system of govt put them in the same level as Nigeria. In all my dealings with Ghana, I never once hear them say govt this govt that, the system makes things possible for them.

The system is the problem it can never work, though some govt have contributed to it. If we can go back to regional govt like we were left with as Ghana and UK still have, Ngeria will do well. If every region control their resources and police, Nigeria will work out fine.

Going to Abuja for everything is stunting the growth of the people, everything is over centralized. Nigeia has no identity, it look's like one big jungle where nothing will ever work.
sulaak:

If the youths are the problem then Nigeria has no future.

The youths are not wasting their time, they have finally realised that they have mortgaged their future to irresponsible politicians that view politics as a business opportunity. The protest has nothing to with the corrupt police but with hunger, unemployment and poverty and let be honest the current political class are incapable of fixing the country problems.

The youths have no choice but to stay out and fight on the street because I can bet my bottom dollar that comes 2023(if we get there) the next two political candidates will be Tinubu vs Atiku

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by TheCork(m): 1:24am On Oct 21, 2020
airminem:
Thanks for asking this We move!

sweery i cant sleep...so wot u wearing? cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 6:00am On Oct 21, 2020
DCatt:
If it takes the youths this long to realise that they have mortgaged their future, then they are equally responsible for the problem.

Again the youth are still responsible for the system that makes it boil down to two presidential candidates they don't want if that is the case but I believe Tinubu will do a good job.

The youths had the opportunity to change the system that made Abuja this powerful. We don't even know the kind of govt we have in Nigeria, it's nothing like federal system in the US or parliamentary system in the UK or Ghana. Because we are separate nations, the British left us with their kind of system but this system that worked well was suspended because some regions wanted to steal from others, Ghana and UK still have the same system till today and it works great. Ghana does not have much money but their system of govt put them in the same level as Nigeria. In all my dealings with Ghana, I never once hear them say govt this govt that, the system makes things possible for them.

The system is the problem it can never work, though some govt have contributed to it. If we can go back to regional govt like we were left with as Ghana and UK still have, Ngeria will do well. If every region control their resources and police, Nigeria will work out fine.

Going to Abuja for everything is stunting the growth of the people, everything is over centralized. Nigeia has no identity, it look's like one big jungle where nothing will ever work.

Nigeria has a military government.

The men that created the military constitution in 1977 (includes OBJ and Buhari) are still in power today. Nigerians are fully aware of their problems that why they are requesting for restructuring to move the country back to regional government pre-1966 before the military government created the unitary system of government, which today is the foundation of our government.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Pecuman: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2020
Incognito403:

Please STFU!!!

Just some buildings burnt?!

People were lynched! A pregnant woman was prevented from going to the hospital! Criminals were released into the society! Guns were stolen from police stations! Law enforcement agents were killed and uniforms stolen! Osun shopping mall was robbed in daylight. Hundreds of millions worth of goods were stolen! Dozens of youths have died in different states!

Una body go hear am. All these criminals will visit your houses one after the other.

You better STFU. If dem born you well, go out tomorrow.

And almost all by the same hoodlums that the Nigerian government paid to attack the protesters but have now lost control of.

The same way that they give gangs guns to rig elections for them and after which they become notorious gangs.

We have video evidence that the incident in Benin was not by protesters,
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ok!

But only Yoruba are calling for regional govt and the reason being that other regions depend on the money from Yorubaland. Niger delta is another region that should be hot on this call because it can survive on its own but I don't know why they are not pushing for it.

Anyway, our prayer is to let this protest lead to either regional govt or secession.
sulaak:

Nigeria has a military government.

The men that created the military constitution in 1977 (includes OBJ and Buhari) are still in power today. Nigerians are fully aware of their problems that why they are requesting for restructuring to move the country back to regional government pre-1966 before the military government created the unitary system of government, which today is the foundation of our government.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
DCatt:
Ok!

But only Yoruba are calling for regional govt and the reason being that other regions depend on the money from Yorubaland. Niger delta is another region that should be hot on this call because it can survive on its own but I don't know why they are not pushing for it.

Anyway, our prayer is to let this protest lead to either regional govt or secession.

The demand for political and economical restructuring is not only from the South West but also from the middle belt, SS and SE. The request is based on the understanding that Nigeria cannot be developed as one unitary nation. China economic miracle was achieved by first developing the coastal regions as FTZ and over the next three decade slowly integrated the coastal regions into the wider economy.

Another unfortunate reason for restricting is the concern with Fulani hegemony in Nigeria. This is not only a problem in Nigeria but across West Africa.

It's scary that during the ongoing ENDSARS protest, last week Friday the three Fulani's presidents were more interested in the events in Guinea and CIV where the oppositions are Fulani's.

https://punchng.com/buhari-hosts-senegal-guinea-bissau-presidents-to-dinner/

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Thursday, hosted Presidents Macky Sall of Senegal and Umaro Embalo of Guinea Bissau to a private dinner at the State House, Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria gathered that the two West African leaders are in Abuja on official engagements when the Nigerian leader invited them for the dinner.

NAN reports that the Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, some cabinet members as well as presidential aides also attended the dinner.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 4:43am On Oct 22, 2020
No! Go and check what the each region requested at the national conference.

Yoruba are the only people that asked for regional govt which is basically restructuring and then maybe Niger delta.

Yoruba - regional govt/police

Niger delta - resource control

Igbos - additional states

North - didn't take any position
sulaak:

The demand for political and economical restructuring is not only from the South West but also from the middle belt, SS and SE. The request is based on the understanding that Nigeria cannot be developed as one unitary nation. China economic miracle was achieved by first developing the coastal regions as FTZ and over the next three decade slowly integrated the coastal regions into the wider economy.

Another unfortunate reason for restricting is the concern with Fulani hegemony in Nigeria. This is not only a problem in Nigeria but across West Africa.

It's scary that during the ongoing ENDSARS protest, last week Friday the three Fulani's presidents were more interested in the events in Guinea and CIV where the oppositions are Fulani's.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2020
DCatt:
No! Go and check what the each region requested for at the national conference.

Yoruba are the only people that asked for regional govt which is basically restructuring and then maybe Niger delta.

Yoruba - regional govt/police

Niger delta - resource control

Igbos - additional states

North - didn't take any position

Since the 2014 National conference, each region has modified their position, especially the middle belt or former North Central.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 5:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Ok I hope every region will join mouth and push this right now that the iron is hot. But I doubt it o!
sulaak:

Since the 2014 National conference, each region has modified their position, especially the middle belt or former North Central.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Unserious: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2020
uptimum123:

You are really an unserious person without doubt..I wonder what your family is still waiting for before sending you on a suicide mission to Syria.

You are of no benefits to your family and this great nation. It's only a matter of time before you meet your Waterloo

Just going through the post again and I can see some facts in it. Was just so covered with emotions seeing all those post on social media.

Hereby apologies! You will not be miserable in life IJN.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Unserious:

Just going through the post again and I can see some facts in it. Was just so covered with emotions seeing all those post on social media.

Hereby apologies! You will not be miserable in life IJN.

Amen bro... One love

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

“buhari Was Accused Of N2.8 Bln Scam As Oil Minister” – Madueke / Cardi B Nigerian Citizenship Tweet: Abike Dabiri, Bashir Ahmad React / Victims Killed That Led To The Killing Of Major Alkali (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.