Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos (59598 Views)

Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigerians have watched in shock how during covid-19, governors across the country were sharing houses and SUV, while millions of Nigerians were suffering.

The Lagos State Government on Wednesday handed over 51 Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and eight houses to judges of the State High Court.
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/gov-sanwo-olu-hands-over-51-vehicles-8-houses-to-judges/wt9pgwd

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
Miracle2020:
I believe you are speaking under your mother skirt now. Just come outside and protest nah.

Oponu, you think everyone is like a coward like you.come and meet me in Gbagada. Ode.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Incognito403: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
SoftP:
Just some few buildings burnt and u guys are crying foul.

Can you equate it with the number of lives lost?

Peaceful protest koor, peaceful protest niii;

They think by sending hoodlums to hijack the process by burning protesters cars and sporadically shooting will make us relent; Una lie

I’m sure those guys who were victims of SARS brutality had a peaceful death

May the blood of those innocent souls u guys greedily sent to early grave speaks violent against all ur lives.

Curfew or no curfew, we’ve already gotten use to their shootings
Against all odds, we will keep fighting for a better branded Nigeria

#EndSARS
#EndBuhari’s Reign

Please STFU!!!

Just some buildings burnt?!

People were lynched! A pregnant woman was prevented from going to the hospital! Criminals were released into the society! Guns were stolen from police stations! Law enforcement agents were killed and uniforms stolen! Osun shopping mall was robbed in daylight. Hundreds of millions worth of goods were stolen! Dozens of youths have died in different states!

Una body go hear am. All these criminals will visit your houses one after the other.

You better STFU. If dem born you well, go out tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Dansuqi: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Eriokanmi:
who's causing lawlessness, government sponsored thugs or the peaceful protesters? Sanwoolu simply proved he was the one who sent those hoodlums to disperse and unleash injuries on the well-coordinated protesters, which he earlier on denied.

Why not talk about thugs unleashing mayhem in edo?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

Why not talk about thugs unleashing mayhem in edo?
I did in earlier post. I even commended the efforts of the youths protesting for defying our governor's 24-hour curfew order because they weren't the thugs who set the prisoners free. Those thugs needed to be arrested and investigated alongside the fully-armed warders who watched why they carried out their dastardly act without responding. Those who sponsored them to distract the genuine protesters so the government could use the opportunity to say the protesters had gone violent, must be fished out and investigated as well.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Dansuqi: 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I did in earlier post. I even commended the efforts of the youths protesting for defying our governor's 24-hour curfew order because they weren't the thugs who set the prisoners free. Those thugs needed to be arrested and investigated alongside the fully-armed warders who watched why they carried out their dastardly act without responding. Those who sponsored them to distract the genuine protesters so the government could use the opportunity to say the protesters had gone violent, must be fished out and investigated as well.

They cannot be fished out.the protest is over.things will get worse.there is nothing like genuine or sponsored protests.if you like,defy the curfew
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
wonder233:
I disagree. There is no deliberate effort to disenfranchise anyone. The plain truth is that many youths in the south are apolitical. They seek alternative reality in entertainment and social media. During my nysc days in Kebbi, I saw what it was for citizens to turn out for registration and elections. As early as 6am after their morning prayers, they made the long trips from interior places like Gawasu, Gura-guri, that had no registration centers to Birnin Kebbi the capital. They waited patiently under the scorching sun, they didn't get discouraged and start insinuating that the Jonathan regime was trying to disenfranchise them. Look, we make too many excuses in the South.

You have a point

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Yomboy4ever(m): 3:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
membranus:

Who tells you it has ended?

Not by a long rope.

Quit your dreaming.

It is just starting.

We Shall Triumph!!!!

Mouth action we knw u type the choice is yours.. Don't forget to send us pictures of ur self inside your bedroom shouting we no go gree oo

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
The summary of the whole bruhaha is post-lock down frustrations has brought this disorder.We warned you govt ppl about prolong lockdown of businesses you didnt listen.
How can you lockdown businesses for over 6months in an ailing economy and stil expec normal behaviour of citizens ppl.?Yyou wil breed plenty violent criminals too much to handle.
MR.GOVT OF NIGERIA,
GIVE SOFT LOANS TO THESE VIOLENT YOUTHS TO START BIZ AND TRACK THEIR PROGRESS.
INDUSTRIZE NIGERIA AND PUT YOUTH TO MANAGE INDUSTRIES.
IDLE HANDS ARE DEBILS WORKSHOP.
ARE YOU DUMB HEADS?Why is sanwo olu still locking shops in lagos if not to breeed criminalGod help us tame this criminals oppressing their fellow poor masses instead of their slave masters d politrickcians. sad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by ibedun: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
Acidosis:

To end bad governance, you need to stand up for your right. How many PVC centres have you seen in the South since the last election? It's all part of what we are saying. 4 months to the election, new centres will emerge and millions of people would be told to leave their jobs to go queue, sweat and labour under the sun. Some states would even declare a work free day for collection of PVCs they failed distribute in 3 years.

If the government only remembers to give you PVC few weeks to a new election, it means they don't rate you in the first place. When you learn to stand up for your right, they will rate you.

You people should return to your home state!

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
ibedun:

You people should return to your home state!

Lol

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Miracle2020: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:

Oponu, you think everyone is like a coward like you.come and meet me in Gbagada. Ode.
fuuuuul. and who told you that life started and ended in Lagos. Akuya
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

They cannot be fished out.the protest is over.things will get worse.there is nothing like genuine or sponsored protests.if you like,defy the curfew
protest over my foot.

Curfew already defied in lagos and edo states. Please always talk based on realities . You're too emotional about APC grin

You should rather be concerned about your future and that of your children. The majority of those in the party you're dying for, including that of the PDP cannot guarantee you this hence, the need to send them packing. The future of this country is bleak, with those we have in the helms.

https://www.nairaland.com/6193395/edo-people-defy-obasekis-24-hour

https://www.nairaland.com/6193299/endsars-oba-epe-sent-back

Revolution has begun, take it or you leave it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by ibedun: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
Acidosis:

Lol

You don’t like your potopoto, abi?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Dansuqi: 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Eriokanmi:
protest over my foot.

Curfew already defied in lagos and edo states. Please always talk based on realities . You're too emotional about APC grin

You should rather be concerned about your future and that of your children. The majority of those in the party you're dying for, including that of the PDP cannot guarantee you this hence, the need to send them packing. The future of this country is bleak, with those we have in the helms.

https://www.nairaland.com/6193395/edo-people-defy-obasekis-24-hour

https://www.nairaland.com/6193299/endsars-oba-epe-sent-back

Revolution has begun, take it or you leave it.

The curfew has only been defied in your edo state not lagos.lagos curfew started by 4pm.the oba of epe was sent back around 3pm.you have never experienced strife or war so you can afford to talk carelessly.the aim of the protest has been defeated.if anarchy engulfs the nation,your edo will suffer more than my crs.up buhari
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by membranus: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

Mouth action we knw u type the choice is yours.. Don't forget to send us pictures of ur self inside your bedroom shouting we no go gree oo

Keep on waiting for that, you will wait forever.

I am not here to please you, I am not fighting for you, I am fighting for others that are far better than you.

That are wishing good turn around for the masses of this nation.

Not selfish people like you, whose mouth is their god.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.

Then they can be killed and tagged enemies of state. Curfew means your rights is limited to your room or house if you're a landlord

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
Miracle2020:
fuuuuul. and who told you that life started and ended in Lagos. Akuya

Am sure you will be one stupid ipob. You people cannoy get what you want from this protest.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

The curfew has only been defied in your edo state not lagos.lagos curfew started by 4pm.the oba of epe was sent back around 3pm.you have never experienced strife or war so you can afford to talk carelessly.the aim of the protest has been defeated.if anarchy engulfs the nation,your edo will suffer more than my crs.up buhari
Stop being emotionaaaaaaal, I reiterate. Ending SARS is just one of the steps on the youths' ladder. We don't even know how many more steps to go yet. What would the police and military who aren't up to 3 million do in a population of over 120m people? Tell me. I'm always being realistic and without preference for a particular political party. Any performing political office holder is on my preference list. Our youths constitute over 65% of our population, remember? Oya make i shock you again. Read the below and come back to tell me again that curfew hasn't been defied yet . Lool.

https://www.nairaland.com/6193468/2-police-stations-burnt-lagos
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Dansuqi: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Stop being emotionaaaaaaal, I reiterate. Ending SARS is just one of the steps on the youths' ladder. We don't even know how many more steps to go yet. What would the police and military who aren't up to 3 million do in a population of over 120m people? Tell me. I'm always being realistic and without preference for a particular political party. Any performing political office holder is on my preference list. Our youths constitute over 65% of our population, remember? Oya make i shock you again. Read the below and come back to tell me again that curfew hasn't been defied yet . Lool.

https://www.nairaland.com/6193468/2-police-stations-burnt-lagos

Old news.moreover burning of police stations shows that the protest is defeated.how am I sure you arw not a culprit
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Eriokanmi: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

Old news.moreover burning of police stations shows that the protest is defeated.how am I sure you arw not a culprit
lool. Go and sleep joor grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by emperor863(m): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.

You've asked good questions. To find out the answers, go out and protest (abi na demonstrate). If you don't get "one" on your head, you're lucky.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
emperor863:

You've asked good questions. To find out the answers, go out and protest (abi na demonstrate). If you don't get "one" on your head, you're lucky.
It’s past 4pm it’s even past 5pm and protesters are live on the streets. Go give them “one” in the head.
Come back and tell us how it went if you make it out alive

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
They need to haul them to jail if they violate the curfew.

It's no longer a protest if a sick child can't get to hospital on time if they need to and people can't go about their daily lives. Some people need to move around to feed their children.

If they want to let the govt feel it, Apapa port is a good place for them and let people move freely for their daily lives.

It is their rights to protest but the moment it is causing problem for others or on the way of other people's rights of free movement, it's now a riot.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lets say it's true! Your governor did the same and all governors do, why the obsession with Lagos governor?

Send your official request to Buhari, he's still waiting.
sulaak:
Nigerians have watched in shock how during covid-19, governors across the country were sharing houses and SUV, while millions of Nigerians were suffering.

The Lagos State Government on Wednesday handed over 51 Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and eight houses to judges of the State High Court.
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/gov-sanwo-olu-hands-over-51-vehicles-8-houses-to-judges/wt9pgwd
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
membranus:

Keep on waiting for that, you will wait forever.

I am not here to please you, I am not fighting for you, I am fighting for others that are far better than you.

That are wishing good turn around for the masses of this nation.

Not selfish people like you, whose mouth is their god.

Hahahaha fight for others Mr defender of the universe...
Like I said na only mouth u get. if u see knockout u go run not to talk of gun...
Even the army at war do retreat at times when things are not goin their way...
Pls go out and protest it is your civic right and pls try post a picture of urself here oooo.
Stay Safe sir..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Teargas, rubber bullets backed by ones with life ammunitions incase they take advantage of the rubber bullets and charge at the soldiers, high pressure water hoses and 20 street cars that have been used as pig pens to take them to jail.

All govts in Nigeria are bad and should all governors, president and all govt officials resigns at once or what exactly are you saying?
Jack005:
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
DCatt:
Lets say it's true! Your governor did the same and all governors do, why the obsession with Lagos governor?

Send your official request to Buhari, he's still waiting.

It's true, the evidence is in the link. I can't understand why Nigerians will support corruption and incompetence.

BTW this is what I said....
governors across the country were sharing houses and SUV, while millions of Nigerians were suffering.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
I'm sure you support corruption and incompetence and that's why Nigeria is the way it is. Imagine the amount the houses of representatives make when compared to the US for example and it's not the first on the demands of the protesters.

Why can't the protesters put the request together and be specific instead of different things different day?
sulaak:

It's true, the evidence is in the link. I can't understand why Nigerians will support corruption and incompetence.

BTW this is what I said....

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by executive12: 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:
Way to go

We need sanity on our roads, enough of this chaos

God bless Sanwo Olu

God bless Baba Buhari

God bless Nigeria

God bless Buhari Are you alright?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sulaak(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
DCatt:
I'm sure you support corruption and incompetence and that's why Nigeria is the way it is. Imagine the amount the houses of representatives make when compared to the US for example and it's not the first on the demands of the protesters.

Why can't the protesters put the request together and be specific instead of different things different day?

Why should the protesters put a request together?

Look at the state of Nigeria and the behaviour of government official whether they are PDP or APC. If the government doesn't know what to do they should not be in government.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DCatt: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ok ask all the govts to resign or what do you want to do?
sulaak:

Why should the protesters put a request together?

Look at the state of Nigeria and the behaviour of government official whether they are PDP or APC. If the government doesn't know what to do they should not be in government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet / Market Woman Tries To Pour Garri On VP Osinbajo's Hand At Ikenne Market / “buhari Was Accused Of N2.8 Bln Scam As Oil Minister” – Madueke

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.