Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos (59598 Views)

Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by heendrix(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

Yes but for now we need to restrategize. The original protest has been hijacked. I almost lost my phone yesterday at ketu to the stupid miscreants..
I am in support of this move for now..

i lost my phone to and still paid virgo to pass grin but we're not backing down
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Temptee101(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I don't blame youths. I have been protesting in front of government house before things went out of hand and idiots joined us in large numbers. They smoke everywhere without regard for some of us who are allergic to the smoke and drink alcohol. They threaten road users with planks and sticks. They messed it all up. I stopped going.

When I see people saying some protesters are government sponsored thugs, I laugh at their ignorance because they've most likely not been to any protest physically. Many of these guys are capable of cause breakdown of law at the slightest opportunity as even on the protest ground, we experienced fight. That was also another reason I stopped going.

I am all in for reform and this fight but honestly, it's bullshit already. On the tarred road to my house, EndSars-inclined thugs are now mounting roadblocks, taking monies from motorists and chanting EndSars. The police aren't even coming to our aid.

What we have now is not a protest. It should end before it gets worse.

When the govt does the right thing, it will be clear for everyone to see and the protest will die a natural death.

Even our so called president hasn't deemed it necessary to address the protesters or taken any action to pacify them.

He was captured laughing with rubber stamp Lawal and Femi in his office yesterday.

Nigerian youths are tired of promises, visible action is what is needed to quell the rising anger and tension.

I still don't believe thugs have hijacked the protest. Our govt is ready to do anything to whip up sentiments against the protesters.

Nigerian youths have kept quiet for so long, we are tired of suffering, smiling and acting like all is well.

#EndCorruption
#EndBadRoads
#EndHopelessness
#RestructureOrDivideNigeria

No retreat No surrender

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Antoeni(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
See planned work! They are all the same. They started it in Edo yesterday, today its Lagos. Una well done � ooo.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DonCandido(f): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Please STEP ASIDE. YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED & DISGRACED YOUR FAMILY AND FUTURE KIDS; LET REASONABLE NIGERIANS FIGHT FOR THEIR FUTURE

It will end in TEARS for you, your family and future generations.

Unreasonable, heedless and violent mobs CANNOT fight for anyone's future.

I will end in TEARS for them all...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
wonder233:
To end bad governance, go get your PVC. It's not to be forming "woke". Majority of protesters from the south do not have PVCs. Stop being delusional you can have a revolution.

To end bad governance, you need to stand up for your right. How many PVC centres have you seen in the South since the last election? It's all part of what we are saying. 4 months to the election, new centres will emerge and millions of people would be told to leave their jobs to go queue, sweat and labour under the sun. Some states would even declare a work free day for collection of PVCs they failed distribute in 3 years.

If the government only remembers to give you PVC few weeks to a new election, it means they don't rate you in the first place. When you learn to stand up for your right, they will rate you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

What are you typing? I was one of the very active protesters during the first 5 days. After SARS was disbanded and its officers recalled, sensible people like myself figured out that the best strategy to adopt is to withdraw from the demonstration and await further policing reform from the government. If there will not be any, we then return to the streets.

For the fourth time, when do you suddenly believe the Nigerian government?

People have occupied major roads, denying other citizens freedom of movement. They have beared the inconveniences the demonstration posed for more than a week, it is logical that protesters withdraw and see what shape the situation will take eventually not the mindless vandalism and extortion going on in some part of the country.

And please stop "killings no dey tire you" blackmail? Do you know how many people have lost their lives because of the unavailability of urgent medical care since the roads are blocked?

I respect and follow your posts alot but please rest!

Well, anything una see, please take it like that.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by EmmyCC: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
As a government that is alive to it's duties where were they when thugs attacked peaceful protesters?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by dalongjnr: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
cynthia9:
It will not work
The one in Benin city right now is not working

Ugbowo lagos road is blocked

Youth have succeeded in chasing away police officers deployed to the place. Uniben main gate to be precise

I will keep you guys updated
Lagos should not be scared of the curfew
Green boyz never show na!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by heendrix(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
FARA4GA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzk6D6K7VQw

Well... It has overflow to Ekiti state.... Gradually, the whole southwest..... Make them pray say e no enter Oyo state ooooo..... Cause Ibadan boys no dey hear at all at all

ibadan wey i no fit comot today cuz of the protest sad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Okoroawusa: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Long over due
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:

You no get sense...if you cant meet up then start living in your office na

Come and tie me up there. or stop me when am moving on the way. mumu man.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by OAUTemitayo: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
Eriokanmi:
who's causing lawlessness, government sponsored thugs or the peaceful protesters? Sanwoolu simply proved he was the one who sent those hoodlums to disperse and unleash injuries on the well-coordinated protesters, which he earlier on denied.
Look at the man that exonerated Obaseki accusing Sanwo-Olu. You people want the country to burn down so that you can be happy and taunt those that voted for APC.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by OriOko88(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
In Trump's voice ''restore law and order now'.
The aim of d movement hv been truncated by miscreants. I almost fought one protester holding cutlass yesterday. Why cutlass at protest ground. #endprotest now.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Harmlesspill(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
I have honestly look at the way our politicians came out and play dirty to end this SARS and as it stands,,,youths can never win this fight.
What Nigerian youths needs to do is to restrategise and form a new political party and wait for them come 2023.
That battle field will determine who has the loudest voice

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Godson32(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
Newman20:
Still won't stop us from protesting.

Gather here if you hate our corrupt polithiefcians.
We don gather, wetin be next.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by dododawa1: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
It maybe sanwo olu plan
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
tongue
jagzyukay:

Oga come outside Nd say it naa. I’m very sure u won’t even leave your house. But you’d be encouraging others to do so. Hypocrisy at its peak
Why naa. U mean say the guy dey fear like MrCork. . . oga-o
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by NGpatriot: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
I saw this coming, this is a great move. Many of our youths are senseless and thoughtless, shows that they are not ready to lead,

What is their point now and what are they asking for. Total collapse of the the country, destruction of jobs and businesses that the same youths and their parents depends on to survive?

I just don't get the sense and wisdom in endless day after day distraction of daily activities, I'd understand if the government is saying no to your demands or attacking you and your demands.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by naiuw: 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Join the trending online business in the internet today and start making money. 100% Legit! DISCOVER this business I’m currently doing every day that gives me atleast ₦21,000 weekly using phone and working from home legitimately. Check my Signature for more details
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by NGpatriot: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
What is going on right now has nothing to do with ENDSARS, it's basically mindless looting, destruction and economic sabotage. You can not keep shouting all over the place that you are the leaders of tomorrow while destroying your tomorrow.

If this is really about bad governance , why not just organize and strategize, start a youth centric political part, draw up a list of competent and credible youth leaders and get rid of these old politicians from top to bottom?

It's obvious that we have the power, the votes and the drive to change things for good, but shouting, disrupting and destroying the country is counter productive, it shouldn't be the only tools in the box or even our endgame.

The end game is total eradication of bad leadership and if you think that bad leadership will disappear or yield peacefully because you are blocking the streets, disrupting an destroying the country, you are sadly mistaken because you are effectively losing goodwill and inviting the government to move in and install law and order.

Leave the streets and go to the nearest drawing board to draw up a plan to take power respectfully, credibly and legitimately at the polls.

Stop being lazy, get off he streets, start thinking and behaving like responsible adults, start acting like real leaders with sense of duty, mental competence and leadership qualities to lead 200 million people , show the world that you are ready to lead.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Farki: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
djon78:

Defy ke?
They should go out now
And all of them will be apprehended

They think to fight government easy
They think na by gra gra

Is there a jail that can hold even 1% of the people protesting?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sidonlook: 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
fergie001:

Babajide Sanwo-olu

Edo people defied Obaseki's curfew order.

The police are running for safety.

Lagos government and police need to learn from this.

Do not provoke the youth further.

If government will listen to my advice......

All senators and all reps should go back to their constituencies and talk with the people that voted them to office.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by rollandben(m): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigeria politicians are very Smart and cunning, see the way they planned to pocket the youths from actualizing our positive agenda towards this Protest.

What they did is; they make sure that in every group of a peaceful protesters, they (Politicians)organized some sets of hoodlums to mixed up and hijacked the protest from Nigeria youth. That's was just it. They are trying very hard to destroyed all our positive aims to deliver this country called Nigeria from her present dilapidated states of it.
Nigerian politicians having big and selfish interest of the current states of this Nigeria
Therefore, all they want for their selfish interest is retains corruption's on the land, They called themselves ruler not leader.
they make Nigeria uncomfortable for people to live.
Imagine,For the past 2 weeks Nigeria president haven't call to address the Nation!!
I hope the whole world is watching what is happening here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
dalongjnr:
Green boyz never show na!
Barrack boy what do you mean? angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Farki: 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gerrard59:
At this point, anything Nigerians esp those who supported the government see, they should take it like that. If you are less than 30 years, work out a way (legally) and leave the country. It is of no point, we have tried. We did not spoil it, we met it so and tried our best at salvaging the situation. Unfortunately, the gerontocrats backed by sufferheads decided otherwise.

Oh well the country will continue to descend into mediocrity as more skilled workers, leaders and visionaries go to improve other countries and eventually collapse on itself.

Africa is truly a cursed continent.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dinirojones:
Thunder fire u and buhari

Thunder fire you and your cohorts
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Munzy14:

optimum sycophant...

optimum scumbag
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for asking this
Farki:

Is there a jail that can hold even 1% of the people protesting?
We move!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:

Come and tie me up there. or stop me when am moving on the way. mumu man.

Good luck to you

Mumu boy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Openbusiness:
If by Mathematical laws, 2 > 1, then

the People > Government

QED! You work for us, we don't work for you! Sanwo Olu no provoke the masses oh, otherwise you might be the Last APC Governor of Lagos State in 2023.
[img]https://media1./images/0c25134ac0eb8d0328603d54b5d0a6d5/tenor.gif?itemid=18850719[/img]
#EndSARS
#EndSWAT
#EndPoliceRobbery
#EndPoliceBrutality
#EndPoliceGestapoKillings

No mind the fool
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Gerrard59(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Farki:

Oh well the country will continue to descend into mediocrity as more skilled workers, leaders and visionaries go to improve other countries and eventually collapse on itself.

Africa is truly a cursed continent.

Well, that should not be your concern. Rather, you and your family's survival should be your concern. As you can see, nothing can change the situation except a bloody revolution. At this stage, you have to be selfish.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Miracle2020: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:

Idiots like you are the reason why govt behave anyhow to citizens. because I cannot imagine how someone coming from lekki will arrive at Ifo before 4pm now. but in your divine stupidity you expect them to fly. were!
you talk like a fool. Why? When you were blocking the road did you consider the people that are going to IFO from lekki?
Many people are angry with the protesters now because of the road block and now the protest will not get the sympathy they are supposed to get.
Anybody that defy the government order will die in vain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet / Market Woman Tries To Pour Garri On VP Osinbajo's Hand At Ikenne Market / “buhari Was Accused Of N2.8 Bln Scam As Oil Minister” – Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.