Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. (23745 Views)

Bago calls for social media regulation to check fake news / Gov Zulum's Aide Blasted For Posting Old & Fake Pictures Of APC Katsina Rally / Labour Party Accused Of Spreading Fake Pictures Of Nasarawa Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 7:45am On Oct 22, 2020
PVision2020:

The way it was craftily coordinated attest to the fact that there's more to it.
Less than an hour after the alleged massacre, this pictures were already circulating and notable celebrities and influencers were posting and retweeting this fake pictures, tagging every body.
It wasn't a coincidence. This pictures were already on ground, what they needed was the right scenerio and the foolish govt. played into their hand. The pictures were all out in minutes and it achieved it purpose to incite.

Buhari hasn't help issue too, as usual.

He's too hands off and his communication people are the most useless and redundant public officials.

They should have been out there coordinating and communicating the government's position and desire to resolve the issue, but they cluelessly though accepting the 5 demands was the end of their effort.

The protesters too must accept their own part of the blame because their actions after the FG met their 5 demands should was just needless, the whole thing turned into a jamboree with no goal or end game, just people chanting and and posing for social media fame and pictures. The whole thing was pointless and over done.

The activists, celebrities, influencers and organizers should have dispersed the crowd instead of inciting them to remain out there for no reason, that was a disaster waiting to happen especially with other actors on the sidelines waiting to unleash chaos, destruction and anachy under Endsars.

They saw what was coming, but their own ego and desire for 15 minute of fame and glory blocked their views.

I've never in my life seen activists and protesters creating chaos after their demands are met. They even refused to dialogue or talk to the government, so what exactly was their goal and end game?

They mismanaged the whole protest all because of their misguided and overblown collective ego.

5 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by CilicMarin: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2020
Seun lalasticlala Mynd44...Why is thread yet to be on front-page?

4 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by DontBullshitMe: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2020
The most painful thing was the so called celebrities who were at the forefront of the #endSARS protest falling for it

I'm starting to believe some of them are co-conspirators.

I mean, look at Falz! A foreign educated lawyer spreading fake news, caught in the web of carefully planned propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 7:50am On Oct 22, 2020
FriendNG:

Eyewitness or eye liars. Who are the people that get Killed?

Eyewitnesses also saw and reported deaths and killings, but failed to show proof and the dead rose up on social media to say they are in fact alive and not dead.

The thing is, you can not show me pictures of massacred protesters.

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by MRAKBEE(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2020
NGpatriot:
Not even a Nigerian and not based in Nigeria.

You are not a Nigerian but you are so much interested in spreading lies about Nigeria for nothing. Ain't you one of the paid bmc agents?
Can u answer these questions?
Why were the cctv cameras detached from the protest ground?
Why were the lights put off and network providers were forced to deactivate their networks?
Wasn't there any sinister intention by this evil government?
If this same government could order soldiers to shoot unarmed shiite protesters who happened to be members of their faith, then what could stop them from unleashing the same havoc on southerners who were only demanding lasting reforms in the police force??

May the same atrocities befall you.. Idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Sonnik212(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:
No doubt, this is 2023 election game plan.

The protest was a decoy.

So far, those who saw and carried the corpses can't tell us where they carried them to and strangely no family has declared officially the death of their loved ones.

This Lekki incident will be seriously investigated and if established that no one actually died,those who posted those pictures and video will be subpoena to face the judicial panel and once established that they are fake, they will have their day in court. They will get very long prison term if found culpable.

This Lekki incident as is playing out tells me that those behind the whole thing may be worse than the bad cops. They are vicious state actors.
Tony died in lekki shootout. Google it
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by PVision2020(m): 8:11am On Oct 22, 2020
plaindealer:

He's too hands off and his communication people are the most useless and redundant public officials.

They should have been out there coordinating and communicating the government's position and desire to resolve the issue, but they cluelessly though accepting the 5 demands was the end of their effort.

The protesters too must accept their own part of the blame because their actions after the FG met their 5 demands should was just needless, the whole thing turned into a jamboree with no goal or end game, just people chanting and and posing for social media fame and pictures. The whole thing was pointless and over done.

The activists, celebrities, influencers and organizers should have dispersed the crowd instead of inciting them to remain out there for no reason, that was a disaster waiting to happen especially with other actors on the sidelines waiting to unleash chaos, destruction and anachy under Endsars.

They saw what was coming, but their own ego and desire for 15 minute of fame and glory blocked their views.

I've never in my life seen activists and protesters creating chaos after their demands are met. They even refused to dialogue or talk to the government, so what exactly was their goal and end game?

They mismanaged the whole protest all because of their misguided and overblown collective ego.

You're right.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 22, 2020
social media bill is needed to curb fake news. one day we might kill ourselves due to fake news we spread

3 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2020
alezzy13:
Na wa o. Me sef don't dey confuse.

Was there a massacre or not??
The shooting happened quite alright but I suspect that nobody died.

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by XXXXTENTACION: 8:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Mynd44 seun lalasticlala
rule 8 broken this thread should be closed
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2020
Sonnik212:

When the say google it, it's code word for fake and it doesn't exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by philip2014(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2020
Who knows wether the president's intelligence/sss is fully aware that's y he kept quiet
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Miracle2020:
you thought hausa are like Yoruba? If anything happens to Buhari or his family, the whole east will be burnt down. I swear
Keep quiet my friend and stop letting emotions lead you by the hand, you want to become like the idiots you are berating.
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Sonnik212:

Google is a search engine mumu, it would only bring out sites that have posted such things, google is not a news site, just search why is the earth flat, bet me you'll see sites that actually agree with such bullshit.

5 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by aminusodiq(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Simply change d topic... It still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people were killed during the struggle.... Majority, from the Nigerian forces!!! So stick that to your brain
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by yinchar(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2020
But why is this fake news evidence thread not on the front page?

And unconfirmed news are pushed to the front page, we need to quench this fire....

Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Mekudi: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2020
Difrent:

And the dead don't have relatives that can give their names.....people died but not as over exaggerated as you all make it seem. This is a real psychological warfare .
at least you agreed that people died
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2020

A young Nigerian man has described as fake a viral photos of him been murdered in the Tuesday night massacre at the Lekki Toll Gate.

Naija News understands that some photos of a ‘corpse’ fully dressed in National Youth Service Corps uniform had gone viral on Wednesday, October 21 with claims that he was killed by men of the Nigerian Army in the Lekki incident.

However, the middle-aged man has debunked the reports, noting that he was at his resident sleeping when the attack happened. He noted that the viral photos of him dead in the NYSC outfit were taken from a movie he featured in not too long ago.

He urged the general public to distance themselves from spreading fake news around in other not to escalate the current chaos in the nation.

Watch the video below;
https://www./2020/10/22/lekkimassacre-i-am-not-dead-its-fake-news-man-dismiss-been-killed-in-lekki-shooting-video/

One of the massacred protesters in LEKKI resurrected, he's alive and well, he was actually at home sleeping during when he was fake news killed. Now he's begging Nigerians not to fall for fake news.

I thought only Jesus resurrected?

I'll support death penalty for fake news people, it's just too evil.

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by salt1: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2020
This is a most unfortunate post. I think that the op is placing his emphasis on the wrong place.
Instead of condemning the use of brute force on unarmed protesters, you're hairsplitting on images which people used to illustrate their stories and trying to spin a tribal twist to a national catastrophe.

Nigerian youths were shot by those who are paid to protect them. Is that not enough bad news?
So you expect that if I lost an adult son on Tuesday night, I should be on social media first thing on Wednesday morning showing my grief?

I guess you don't even believe that there was a shooting. As for the injured, they faked their injuries.

Please don't bother to reply or quote me. Even if the casualty figure is blown out of proportion, is the death of even one person not enough for mourning? Where's your humanity?

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by OneKinGuy(m): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you very much for this thread. Some people derive joy in spreading fake news and causing panic. Some even do it just to "Trend".

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by FriendNG: 8:35am On Oct 22, 2020
yinchar:
But why is this fake news evidence thread not on the front page?

And unconfirmed news are pushed to the front page, we need to quench this fire....

Seun, OAM4J, Mynd44

Fake news sells more. More traffic
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Many have internet but can't use it. If you watched DJ Switch live video, this nonsense thread won't have open. Truthfully, some of the photos posted were fake but you cannot ignore the obvious just for that reason.
After we end babes governance, we will end stupidity in Nigeria
Victoria Ascerta ✊✊✊
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by patani(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2020
aminusodiq:
Simply change d topic... It still doesn't change the fact that a lot of people were killed during the struggle.... Majority, from the Nigerian forces!!! So stick that to your brain

Half told truth is lie.

why share those pictures to spark outrage...Now 'not enough' infrastructures are being burnt by thugs
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by TimeTraveler369: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2020
The real fake news could be the debunkers.

Fake news does not have to be the original posts, it could be the reaction to the OPs.

These days, propaganda is a business. May be I should set up my own shop.
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by OneKinGuy(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2020
salt1:
This is a most unfortunate post. I think that the op is placing his emphasis on the wrong place.
Instead of condemning the use of brute force on unarmed protesters, you're hairsplitting on images which people used to illustrate their stories and trying to spin a tribal twist to a national catastrophe.

Nigerian youths were shot by those who are paid to protect them. Is that not enough bad news?
So you expect that if I lost an adult son on Tuesday night, I should be on social media first thing on Wednesday morning showing my grief?

I guess you don't even believe that there was a shooting. As for the injured, they faked their injuries.

Please don't bother to reply or quote me. Even if the casualty figure is blown out of proportion, is the death of even one person not enough for mourning? Where's your humanity?
OP is doing a good work. I even had plans of creating something like this. If someone was killed and it was recorded on video, then it should be posted. Using fake images or video is very disrespectful to the deceased person and even creates more panic than the people who do the shooting. Everyone should avoid spreading fake news if we don't want this country to enter more chaos.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Sweetgirlmimi(f): 8:44am On Oct 22, 2020
NGpatriot:
Fake news and fake pictures everywhere.

But this movie no get name make we see with our korokoro eyes
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Tillatalk: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2020
we saw video where alot of people where hit with bullets and some struggling for lives at least we watched it live
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Sweetgirlmimi(f): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2020
LegendHero:
Another fake news.

The first picture is people saying the boy was part of the Lekki killings.

https://twitter.com/eghenimose/status/1318811659587256321?s=21

Second/third picture was a tweet dated 10/19 stating that the boy was killed by a Truck a day before the Lekki issue.

https://twitter.com/5singlegirls/status/1318335233121570817?s=21

The second tweet was actually october 20th not 19th as u try to misinform us.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2020
OneKinGuy:

OP is doing a good work. I even had plans of creating something like this. If someone was killed and it was recorded on video, then it should be posted. Using fake images or video is very disrespectful to the deceased person and even creates more panic than the people who do the shooting. Everyone should avoid spreading fake news if we don't want this country to enter more chaos.

You nailed it.
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Sweetgirlmimi(f): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Benesis:

shebi dey can edit on Photoshop and backdate it do when you check on twitter it will show an old date ?

AchalugoNwa please ignore Benesis this was october 20th I checked the date on twitter. Pls click the link and see for yourself before they add u on their deceiving chain
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by Sweetgirlmimi(f): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2020
LegendHero:
Another one!

The guy already died in Akwa-Ibom few weeks ago but suddenly resurrected in Lekki protest.

Who are the people using all this fake pictures to drive agenda?

Now it’s even hard to know what is true or fake!

Give us the link lets see the back date. Because the twitter own is 20th October u failed on that bring bring another. Buhari puppet
Re: ENDSARS. Fact Check Fake News And Fake Pictures Here. Pictures And Captions. by plaindealer: 8:58am On Oct 22, 2020
I'm really glad that all the fake news dead people don resurrect, they are all alive and well.

Fake news did not prevail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Militants Kill Army Captain & 4 Policemen In Lagos / Video & Photos Gov Oshiomole Dancing And Grooving Wit His Newly Wedded Wife / BREAKING: Court Grants Dino Melaye Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.