Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG (43531 Views)

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Dangote Tomato Factory Closure: Aroms Was Right - Opinions.ng / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by mkpologwu(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
No need banning anything again!! Let the price determine the demand. They should simply equip drug and food agency better to make sure the consumables are fit for consumption.

Ndi ara who think they are smart because the South refused to unite....!!

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by OlujobaSamuel: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
A sachet of tomato paste is now between ₦120-150.
What will be the effect should there be a ban?
I don't understand why our so called leaders of thought know nothing except Ban, Fine, Tax and Waiver.
Pls, is there no better way to develop an economy?

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by ambitiousLord(m): 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
Una wan turn tomato to rice abi Ban kee you dia

If I hear peem again all gods will b unleash
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by leisuretym: 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dangote will milk us to death

#EndBadGovernance

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Benwallt(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
my broda help us ask the president and his advisers, they are the ones responsible for the high cost of rice. Bag of rice is not supposed to be more than N15k
one thing I still don't understand is, why the border closure? Will it remain closed for next 3years?. Lets go for #openbordernownow.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Alwaysachick: 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
If it will take the price back to 2 for 50 naira, no wahala
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Soleye24(m): 9:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
You are planning to monopolize tomato, then make Nigerians suffer by increasing the price just as you did to rice, cement and others.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by nnamdi640: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ogun kill you there!!! Mr MD. Later you will hold us on ransom and start selling it at a very high cost just like the way Nigeria rice farmers made us to believe that they can produce rice that will be sufficient for Nigerians unknown that they were laying ambush for hungry Nigerians who likes to eat rice. Now foreign rice and local rice are competing on who cost pass.

3 Likes

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Franking: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
As usual so u can have monopoly abi?

#Endnepotism
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
Benwallt:
one thing I still don't understand is, why the border closure? Will it remain closed for next 3years?. Lets go for #openbordernownow.
it is closed to the public, but these same people go behind the scene and import the same banned rice turning the whole thing to a family business and sell to the public at very high exorbitant prices like 200-300% cost price.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
it should be ban. I'll show you video soon.
it can't work. Banning of more things will lead to protest and rioting... Tell me what has become of rice after more than one year

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Angrymode: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
They should ban it so that you will monopolize the market and kill us with exorbirant prices for rubbish just like we have for rice abi
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
it should be ban. I'll show you video soon.
it can't work. Banning of more things will lead to protest and rioting... Tell me what has become of rice after more than one year
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by TheOtherRoom: 10:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Monopoly
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Benwallt(m): 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
it is closed to the public, but these same people go behind the scene and import the same banned rice turning the whole thing to a family business and sell to the public at very high exorbitant prices like 200-300% cost price.
can you imagine the profit while millions of ppl wallow in poverty n hunger. I find this quite disturbing if true.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Mensch86631: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
dangote rice wey dem ban nobe hunger de kill us so, now you no wan make we enjoy tomatoes
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
We need to grow the local market first and completely get rid of the international market.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
Bans on importation of anything he ventures into is how he made his wealth. That will soon end.
There has to be an equal playing field for all Nigerian entrepreneurs.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Local Products can't grow overnight, no way on earth.

Any country with good mindset for his people will always take a strong standpoint on clamping down on importation that is bartadizing their economy.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CodeTemplar: 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Trying to force the south to patronize the north so they are dependent on them. Let the south control resources and choose where they buy from.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Matrimonous:
That's how he made his wealth. That will soon end.
Tomato is an open market, if you want to join no one is stopping you. Self hate will kill us in Africa.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
TheOtherRoom:
Monopoly
He is kicking out the white benefactors. We should be happy we're enriching our own
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CodeTemplar: 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
Local Products can't grow overnight, no way on earth.

Any country with good mindset for his people will always take a strong standpoint on clamping down on importation that is bartadizing their economy.
Importation isn't bastardizing economy as much as nepotism. Will I have land in the north to farm like a northerner ? They take your oil, give you some of the earnings then make you buy food from them with what they gave you. That is bastardization.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
We need to grow the local market first and completely get rid of the international market.
Oga...i said it won't work... My blood dey boil.... Tell me why rice hasn't come down.... To be sincere tomorrow I'm going to NEPA office to tell them something
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Don't be surprised Buhari would listen sharply
yes, he will. Buhari administration is fully into trapping the naira in Nigeria.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
Oga...i said it won't work... My blood dey boil.... Tell me why rice hasn't come down.... To be sincere tomorrow I'm going to NEPA office to tell them something
You think na miracle, if you want miracle go to TB joshua.

It won't work because an average Nigeria don't like Nigerian Made Products and How many Nigerians are into farming sef. We need to start saying the truth to ourselves joo.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by alibiguy: 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
uruba23:

Let get something clear Mr Abdulkarim Kaita is not Alhaji Dangote and the problem of Tomato processing goes beyond that small plant at the outskirt of Kano. There is nothing wrong in demanding a ban on importation of Tomato but have we put the necessary tools in place to ensure tomatoes in our rural areas are converted to paste so as to increase their shelf life before getting to the main plants, do we have cottage processing unit in our local governments.I know the Chinese keep dumping on us but to be candid this is not the time or place for this now.

Erisco group was producing the paste but got no concession from govt. Hence, they left the country.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/erisco-foods-shuts-down-relocates-to-china/
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by 1759ademola(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
Same way they did for you on cements and handed over Nigerians to you. You want to make tomato expensive again. God punish that your mouth.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Importation isn't bastardizing economy as much as nepotism. Will I have land in the north to farm like a northerner ? They take your oil, give you some of the earnings then make you buy food from them with what they gave you. That is bastardization.
In one word, you prefer a white man to make money more than your fellow blacks.

If we continue to tribalise this things we won't go anywhere.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by TheOtherRoom: 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
He is kicking out the white benefactors. We should be happy we're enriching our own
Monopoly is Monopoly... And Monopoly is bad for a place such as our country.
Heck the satchet tomatoes he makes which was 60naira is now 100 Naira over night

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
yes, he will. Buhari administration is fully into trapping the naira in Nigeria.

Whatever makes you a Buharist is fine with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.