Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG (43548 Views)

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Dangote Tomato Factory Closure: Aroms Was Right - Opinions.ng / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by kareemkamil(m): 6:22am On Oct 23, 2020
Dangote, must have license to everything
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Munzy14(m): 6:30am On Oct 23, 2020
The day we Nigerians go reason Dangote matter eeh, he wont see it coming

3 Likes

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Willie007: 6:37am On Oct 23, 2020
baritereign24:
Monopoly na your dey always like

Don't mind them... After monopolizing every booming businesses and using FG might to stifle and kick others out of business, he will be claiming Africa's richest man... Tueh
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Bulleye(m): 6:43am On Oct 23, 2020
baritereign24:
Monopoly na your dey always like
I pity Dangote because of his unguarded statements, either directly by him or his company management. The man does not read the mood of the nation at all. So, without being a Monopoly he cannot survive? Dangote seems to be stretching his luck too far.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by govomotors: 6:46am On Oct 23, 2020
Give and take is the key.

Stop importing workers from India and other countries, we have qualify Nigerians.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Unbreakable007: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2020
Selfish Danmumu
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Joygift3666: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2020
Actually, this is irrelevant at the moment.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by icedbreez(m): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2020
Always claiming genius yet can't operate in a free market.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CoolAmbience(m): 7:04am On Oct 23, 2020
JokeAdeleke:
Hustlers

Leave the country alone

That would be a good development.

Nothing wrong with this kind of hustle.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CoolAmbience(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Monopoly kill you there..

Nonsense...

Because obasanjo allowed u to flourish with your cement monopoly.....u feel u can fool everyone all the time.

Well, trust me....Buhari will see this as a wonderful idea....

Says a lazy man.

Did anyone or law prevent you from going into the cement or tomato business?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by dpumppy(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Let there be competition. Bring your price down and see if your production won't flourish. After all, all this pastes are not purely tomatoes.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CoolAmbience(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

And after banning the importation of rice, what is the current price of rice, compared to when rice was being imported??
How self sufficient is Nigeria now on rice compared to when rice was being imported??

Dangote is just a bully, who doesn't consider struggling businesses
simple.

Oga, but for greed, the price difference between foreign and local rice should be over 100% by now. It is around 50% or slightly more currently.

Banning the importation of any kind of agricultural produce is certainly always a huge opportunity for local producers and farmers. Do you know how much foreign exchange would be saved for the country?

I really cannot explain the hate that greets such laudable ideas in Nigeria, yet people complain about unemployment and underdevelopment.

How much rice do Nigerians consume annually? What is the current size of local production of rice?

Give me your facts and sources to justify your claims of insufficiency.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by payloader(m): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2020
Let the south block the production of oil so that everyone can go into farming. We are not fools to be allowing Northern Cabals and their Southern Slaves to be enjoying the oilmoney alone, while the rest of the populace wallow in abject poverty. Wicked and unprofitable rulers. I just feel more sorry for the Northern youths. Ignorance and illiteracy is their watchword. Their leaders have effectively brainwashed them with religious and tribal sentiments and cliches, meanwhile, na dem suffer am pass with the extremely high levels of insecurity.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Xzellentgraphic: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2020
Govt should ban tomato so that it will become very expensive like...rice.
Useless man
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Midadeola(f): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Ok...These are the colour codes,but remove the + after the first [ ...Then input your text at the middle of the colour, remove the names of the colour after the codes,i just put it there so you could understand which colour it is
Eg....[+color=#006600] input your text here[/color] remove the colour names
[+color=#006600][/color]green
[+color=#000099][/color] blue
[+color=#770077][/color] purple
[+color=#550000][/color] brown
[+color=#990000][/color] red
don't forget to remove the + ,with the colour names only,I hope you get it?
Awwn awn, thank you so much!!!
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by osusuallstars: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2020
And now a sachet of tomato is N120 as against 50 naira 3months ago
You can only ban when we have produced enough for local consumption

Share this country let every region pursue what is of utmost importance to them
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by DamnnNiggarr: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Oga, but for greed, the price difference between foreign and local rice should be over 100% by now. It is around 50% or slightly more currently.

Banning the importation of any kind of agricultural produce is certainly always a huge opportunity for local producers and farmers. Do you know how much foreign exchange would be saved for the country?

I really cannot explain the hate that greets such laudable ideas in Nigeria, yet people complain about unemployment and underdevelopment.

How much rice do Nigerians consume annually? What is the current size of local production of rice?

Sir CoolAmbience, what I'm interested is the prices of these commodities, what is the essence of banning all of them when poor masses can't afford them??

Between 2007 - 2014, a bag of rice goes for as low as between 4k - 8k but when they(rice farmers) lobbied the govt. into banning the importation of rice knowing fully well their production can't sustain a population of between 180million - 200million, the price of rice skyrocketed to the extent that poor masses, even if employed, can't afford to get them.

What I'm saying in essence is that, Dangote should learn to compete to int'l standard, thereby giving the poor masses options to choose from, not banning it so that the masses can take any shit thrown at them by Dangote.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by yemmywesey(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2020
friday2011:
So that you and your other producers can have monopoly abi?

Same way rice import was banned... We all know how much rice is in the market now.

No problem, thank God, I have gotten a road map to Canada, if you want to go with me, let me know.

show me the way to Canada, abeg

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by iTommysco: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2020
As them take ban rice wey make rice cost now

Your own is how to make money all this killing happening you talk anything
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Joseph08(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Oya make we do am like #EndSars..Enough is Enough!

#EndDangoteMonopoly

#EndBadGovernment

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by fineboynl(m): 8:24am On Oct 23, 2020
when gangote start refining crude. fuel will be sold for 500N
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Octobertwentysix(f): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2020
Omezif:
Tomatos are very cost in the market now the flesh ones are had to see and if you see it very cost, the carton of sachet tomatoe paste i bought was #5000 easted of normal #2500 i used to buy it before last month. Stopping inportation of it will makes it skyrocket more in coming weeks to come. But i don't know if they still importing it into nigeria since it's under ban and the ones they producing here in nigeria some of them are tastless.
Kai, this your writing just increased my head ache.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by tnerro1(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2020
We need to change the system that allows someone like Buhari to to President of Nigeria,if not ,others like Buhari from the south and north will emerge to our detriment
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by DeBish1818: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2020
Na ogun go kill you and your generation with that statement your made. Sachet tomato of 50 naira before is now 120 naira. Tell your father and your uncle to open border let people be happy again. Fools everywhere
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by mahvellux(m): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2020
#End dangote! #End monopoly!!
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by CoolAmbience(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
Sir CoolAmbience, what I'm interested is the prices of these commodities, what is the essence of banning all of them when poor masses can't afford them??

Between 2007 - 2014, a bag of rice goes for as low as between 4k - 8k but when they(rice farmers) lobbied the govt. into banning the importation of rice knowing fully well their production can't sustain a population of between 180million - 200million, the price of rice skyrocketed to the extent that poor masses, even if employed, can't afford to get them.

What I'm saying in essence is that, Dangote should learn to compete to int'l standard, thereby giving the poor masses options to choose from, not banning it so that the masses can take any shit thrown at them by Dangote.

I don't agree with you.

I am very well privy to how these things work.

All that is required to lower the prices is, increased production and competition.

There is nothing international or rocket science about rice production. Dangote isn't the only one allowed to grow and package rice in Nigeria.

We have got Lake, Umza, Coscharis and several other rice products.

Currently the two biggest challenge with rice prices, particularly down South, is greed and transportation costs.

For the challenge of transportation, a well connected rail system across the country will substantially address that. As you know, rail infrastructures don't get developed overnight. What we are facing is a culmination of bad leadership.

At least, we can now see the rails springing up and being revitalized: from Kaduna to Abuja; Lagos to Ibadan; and now, Warri to Itakpe, with an extension to the Main market in Onitsha at Agbor.

Conveying agricultural goods and produce on massive scales through railroads, no doubt, will certainly deliver cheaper and affordable prices to people. What you will need 100 trailer trucks to convey in two or three days could be transported in one rail movement. Think of that.

So, all this your 2007, N4000 analysis aren't really how these things are analyzed. Economic conditions never stay the same, same applies to prices. Has Nigeria's population remained the same since 2007? What about housing and other services? Use a family economy to do your analysis. Once, a married couple welcome a child, things change significantly, especially in the economic sense for them. Let alone, two or more children.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by AbuAeesha: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
SLOVFO:
Say no to monopoly
not until u make ur own innovation
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by TheOtherRoom: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2020
chamboy:
I don't care if it's monopoly, I only care about who is making profit.

Black wealth must stay in Black Nation.
if only it was like that
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Vicdgreat556(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2020
And this fool will think he's a business Mogul... They haven't ban tomatoes ,and a sachet is 120 to 150, that's how his dumb brother called president ban rice importation,and he's so feeble to fund agricultural sector..now rice is unbuyable..govt dat can't provide food for her citizens is as worst has SARS and swat..
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Revolva(m): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2020
Tomatoes no be wahala ok make food plenty for naija

Tomatoo full every region for naija
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by slizzyb(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2020
CoolAmbience:

Shut up. So all nigerians will now be farmers? Monopoly is evil in any economy. I blame Obasanjo that started this rubbish..
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by amakadlite(f): 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
chamboy:
OK, there a strategic move, we are the highest customer more the the herdsman. We have to detect the price or rather still collaborate.
tell how I will be going to the farm without being sure to make it back home alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.