Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG (43542 Views)

Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Dangote Tomato Factory Closure: Aroms Was Right - Opinions.ng / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Farki:

It's not by farming that we will make the naira strong, primarily agrarian societies are some of the weakest economically. I've come to notice that having less farmers while still having sustained food production is a sign of a growing economy.
We are diversifying not focusing primarily, if agriculture can produce the richest black man in the world. Dangote is more or less a farmer. We still got brains, oil, other form of resources.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
Bro, we only started growing a substantial amount of rice. It will take continuity to make it lucrative.
so people should die because they want to eat local rice that wont be sufficient for the country in the next five years? Na who dey alive dey talk of nationality
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fourwinds:
so people should die because they want to eat local rice that wont be sufficient for the country in the next five years? Na who dey alive dey talk of nationality
That is the thing, no one wants to suffer but we want to enjoy. It is not possible, this is the same mistake that brought us here. 1986
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Bigchristo: 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
eventually we are going to ban all Import.
Thats why you and the country government don’t have sense, before banning importation of a particular goods and commodities, the government first need to make sure such locally produced is sufficient to meet with the demands of it citizens, same thing happens with rice the Nigeria rice is not up to standard of human consumption even if Nigerians chose to manage the locally produced rice it’s not sufficient for every citizens that makes it scarce, right now those who have local rice sky rocket the price almost with the price of foreign rice, let me tell you country as Nigeria don’t even need to be banning importation of anything improve your locally made good to a standard of the foreign goods make it cheaper and affordable then place high tariff on that same imported goods when the price is high everyone will turn and patronize the local one na sense Nigeria government nor get na make dem Dey suffer us.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by SpicyMimi(f): 11:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

And after banning the importation of rice, what is the current price of rice, compared to when rice was being imported??
How self sufficient is Nigeria now on rice compared to when rice was being imported??

Dangote is just a bully, who doesn't consider struggling businesses
simple.
I’m speechless...you just spoke out my mind. These people are deeply selfish.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Fourwinds: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
That is the thing, no one wants to suffer but we want to enjoy. It is not possible, this is the same mistake that brought us here. 1986
dey grow your rice or tomatoes... Let people have choices.... Imagine local rice is #30000. How much is minimum wage... Ask yourself this question... Wickedness everywhere....

2 Likes

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chamboy(m): 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Bigchristo:
Thats why you and the country government don’t have sense, before banning importation of a particular goods and commodities, the government first need to make sure such locally produced is sufficient to meet with the demands of it citizens, same thing happens with rice the Nigeria rice is not up to standard of human consumption even if Nigerians chose to manage the locally produced rice it’s not sufficient for every citizens that makes it scarce, right now those who have local rice sky rocket the price almost with the price of foreign rice, let me tell you country as Nigeria don’t even need to be banning importation of anything improve your locally made good to a standard of the foreign goods make it cheaper and affordable then place high tariff on that same imported goods when the price is high everyone will turn and patronize the local one na sense Nigeria government nor get na make dem Dey suffer us.
i said eventually - meaning in future.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Kingspin(m): 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Shut up Dangote, you want to increase the price of tomato like cement
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by romenna: 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
My friend go n do ur biz n stop disturbing govt.
Until d govt ban importation of vehicles to support ivm, go n compete with others in d mkt.
If ur product is better u'll enjoy a larger mkt share.
Stop using d govt to condition d mkt

2 Likes

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
alibiguy:

Erisco group was producing the paste but got no concession from govt. Hence, they left the country.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/erisco-foods-shuts-down-relocates-to-china/
Erisco food was facing the same challenge Dangote Tomatoes is facing, meanwhile GBfood had join the gang obviously it is cheaper to produce in China and dump finish product here in Nigeria but would that help us on the long run, may be it is time I tell Alhaji to come and be my guarantor with the BOI and Dangote fund.. bad as e bad I would be able to build small cottage plant in one local government and since he is my off taker loan repayment would be easy. I hope someone can just tell me when he is in a good mood. By the way Dangote Tomatoes never got any concession there was a time I was at the plant in Kano and there was zero activities, I checked around and I started questioning who actually did the Plant design if they ever thought about how they would get feedstocks,because all I saw was rice farms but that won't have been a problem if Chinese import wasn't making their situation critical.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by LikeAking: 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
Baning rice in Nigeria was a big mistake.

Nigeria is not a rice bed like those asian coutries.

Rice is not our thing.

Na yam,cassava,beans and co.

Nigeria import less of food sef.

We are sustainable when it comes to agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Farki: 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
chamboy:
We are diversifying not focusing primarily, if agriculture can produce the richest black man in the world. Dangote is more or less a farmer. We still got brains, oil, other form of resources.

Not exactly Dangote's business platform is really smart when you think about it but he's not a "farmer" as we call it.

He sells people the basic things they need to start their own business, sugar,flour, cement, salt, raw pasta products.

If I were to start a restaurant from nothing I would have already paid Dangote millions from buying the items I needed without even making a dime myself.

But we can't all be producers, if we don't consume (reasonably) and create other things people value what we produce won't be valued.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Donair(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Remember you're not a Nigerian so you're imported too. FG ban this man!
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by ikdaddy01(m): 12:23am On Oct 23, 2020
Apart from govt favorable policies, what can this people do well
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Egbi2020:
These people will kill us in this country, tomatoe paste that the price is already 2* the initial price? so, if the barn the importation of tomatoe paste the price will now be 4 times the initial price abi? Due to lack of availability in the market. This people think the world revolve around them only.
no wonder I went to market last week I did not see a single fresh tomatoes, they said what is only obtainable now is tomatoe paste. Now the govt has banned importation of the paste. This means the smallest derica tomatoes paste will soon shoot up N1000! The people that package this man for us ehn. angryThese guys are just heartless.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Midadeola(f): 12:44am On Oct 23, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Eeeya
A little favour please!

How did you colour your signature?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by BigIyanga: 1:36am On Oct 23, 2020
Hardship profiteers talking as usual. Image if govt had banned importation of cement and sugar when Dangote was only an importer He would have been an ordinary rich importer..
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by lexikul(m): 2:15am On Oct 23, 2020
May God punish u for this nonsense....that was how they said ban rice importation and now we can't afford rice.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Freelane33(m): 2:45am On Oct 23, 2020
This is the real meaning of life no balance
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Myself2(m): 3:40am On Oct 23, 2020
So says the over pampered Shylock that wants to strangle and control the economy of Nigeria by all means and at all costs
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by ceejay80s(m): 3:58am On Oct 23, 2020
Veqtor:
That was how they said they should ban St Louis sugar because it didn't have vitamin A...
Where as, d company drew the eye and vit A der on their carton.

Imagine Namma saying that...as if he knows what vitamin A is... Just because he is producing sugar.

They drove anapurna salt out of the market when he started selling salt.

He wants to b producing everything...datz how he nd govt chased away Eagle cement and ibeto. Bloody parasitic thieves.
One day we will descend on him too , revolution loading
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Princessogaraya(f): 4:30am On Oct 23, 2020
You are a fool
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by friday2011(m): 4:40am On Oct 23, 2020
So that you and your other producers can have monopoly abi?

Same way rice import was banned... We all know how much rice is in the market now.

No problem, thank God, I have gotten a road map to Canada, if you want to go with me, let me know.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by enemyofprogress: 5:03am On Oct 23, 2020
So that you can do whatever you like with the price in Nigeria
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Godpikin4real(f): 5:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Whatz wrong with this Dangote guy? Is this what we need@dis critical time?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Wettoid123: 5:50am On Oct 23, 2020
wicked people everywhere enemy of the masses!
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by Onnasucs1(m): 5:55am On Oct 23, 2020
See this fool! You just gave out tomato seedlings to farmers and you're saying ban tomato. Does it make sense?

The ban on rice, what good has it brought?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by chatinent: 5:56am On Oct 23, 2020
This has always been the plan.
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by 12345baba(m): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2020
High time we boycott dangotes products
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by MickzyDonald: 5:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Midadeola:
A little favour please!

How did you colour your signature?
Ok...These are the colour codes,but remove the + after the first [ ...Then input your text at the middle of the colour, remove the names of the colour after the codes,i just put it there so you could understand which colour it is
Eg....[+color=#006600] input your text here[/color] remove the colour names
[+color=#006600][/color]green
[+color=#000099][/color] blue
[+color=#770077][/color] purple
[+color=#550000][/color] brown
[+color=#990000][/color] red
don't forget to remove the + ,with the colour names only,I hope you get it?
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by MickzyDonald: 6:02am On Oct 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG by MickzyDonald: 6:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Ok seen ...,.next pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes / I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.