Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences (46463 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Mania04(m): 10:10am On Dec 05, 2020
You are doing well bro
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by noskcid(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
Cue64 you no dey reply to pm
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2020
noskcid:
Cue64 you no dey reply to pm
yes sir I Dey reply, but I Dey try get access to my mail...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by HassieMalcomson(f): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
I have mixed feelings about the Chinese. If I look at their progress and development in the past few decades then I would have to say they are very hardworking and resilient people. But I noticed they don't accept outside things easily and prefer to live in their own communities and prefer their own culture only. Is it true? Share your experience regarding Chinese people.

2 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Fidelismaria: 1:37am On Dec 11, 2020

well-done op, well-done

could anyone pls mention me when op resumes his updates

Thanks

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Cutealexio(m): 2:43am On Dec 11, 2020
As I was heading out this morning, something came on my mind. In Africa and Nigeria especially we don't usually do proper family planning and we don't really plan for the lives of our children. Most parents will only plan to get their Children educated then they can find a good job and start hustling for life on their own and the circle continues. I'll like to talk about how I prefer the Chinese way. As you all know most Chinese have just one or two kids, I have met some with four kids but not common. According to Chinese culture if your child is getting married you must buy a house for him or you give him/her a substantial money to get a mortgage. It's only the elite that does this in Nigeria but with proper family planning I think the middle class can also do this. I have met a lot of Chinese couple with one kid with a lot of properties registered on their names, this means the child is already a millionaire before 18, the parents would have started saving for their child immediately they gave birth to the child. You wonder why Chinese real estate is growing everyday and why poverty is declining daily?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by themaestro08(m): 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Cutealexio:
As I was heading out this morning, something came on my mind. In Africa and Nigeria especially we don't usually do proper family planning and we don't really plan for the lives of our children. Most parents will only plan to get their Children educated then they can find a good job and start hustling for life on their own and the circle continues. I'll like to talk about how I prefer the Chinese way. As you all know most Chinese have just one or two kids, I have met some with four kids but not common. According to Chinese culture if your child is getting married you must buy a house for him or you give him/her a substantial money to get a mortgage. It's only the elite that does this in Nigeria but with proper family planning I think the middle class can also do this. I have met a lot of Chinese couple with one kid with a lot of properties registered on their names, this means the child is already a millionaire before 18, the parents would have started saving for their child immediately they gave birth to the child. You wonder why Chinese real estate is growing everyday and why poverty is declining daily?

Do you suggest we here in Nigeria imitate the Chinese newly embraced-culture of giving birth to one or at most two kids? Do you think it will have a profound effect in significantly curtailing the rapid rise of poverty currently plaguing Nigeria?

Thanks in advance as I await your response.
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
There some people I actually wanted to talk about, but the iPhone I’m managing now didn’t let me get good pictures of them, I’ll still try and get their pictures and post but first I want to explain their job description
To me this people have the most funny job description I have ever seen. You’d find them everywhere in the city on top their small bikes wearing a green reflective vest.
They are mostly seen around places where there are bars, clubs and pubs. They just go about drive around for 1 year I didn’t know the job they do, and I didn’t bother to ask, until curiosity made me asked this year.
And I found out that their job is actually to drive around, looking for people who too drunk to drive their cars, so they help them drive home and get payed. Funny thing is, it’s actually a company and not just an individual thing, they are trained, registered and safe. They had to do that cos drinking and driving in china attracts a very serious penalty, and Chinese people love to drink and they are also easily drunk..

19 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Just like the bicycle and power banks, I have always seen these umbrellas too, and wondered what they do,
So about a month ago I decided to try it and find out.
It’s actually just same like the power bank, when you’re stranded somewhere and it begins to rain, if u don’t have enough money to buy an umbrella just find one of these it’s actually mostly in front of hotel, apartments and big Shops you scan with your Alipay and input a code then one pops out when your done using, you return to any similar bus around the city

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Cutealexio:
yeah the actually learnt their mistake but after their population has exploded, just like Nigeria’s own will. But the problem now is there is no any reasonable plan for the future in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by noskcid(m): 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
cue64:
yes sir I Dey reply, but I Dey try get access to my mail...

Okay man take your time and i wish you all the best.
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Cutealexio(m): 2:50am On Dec 12, 2020
Personally, I'll suggest we shouldn't have more than we can cater for and planning for our kids future goes beyond just getting them educated, it also requires empowering them to start life.
themaestro08:

Do you suggest we here in Nigeria imitate the Chinese newly embraced-culture of giving birth to one or at most two kids? Do you think it will have a profound effect in significantly curtailing the rapid rise of poverty currently plaguing Nigeria?

Thanks in advance as I await your response.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
Activist001:

I'm beyond dumfounded. Whattt the hell??,??

Are you paying the guy for the thread? What kind of entitlement mentality is this?

Jesus fucking Christ. Damn.

To the OP, i know say na man you be so ignore all these entitled trolls. This is the same thing they did to DanielHouston and the other guy (I've forgotten his name) some months back. Share what you want to share and post whatever pictures you like, it's your thread and no one should dictate what you should post.

Peace.

All these shows you how a lot of Nigerians are so stupid. And it's going to have it's toll on the future of this country. Imagine animals like these guys saying nonsense at the OP eventually becoming Governor's or Legistlators tomorrow with their stupidity.

How would someone come to someone's thread without reading about what the thread is all about and start making demands as if the OP is under his father's payroll.

The problems of Mods on Nairaland is that they actually don't know people they should ban.

It's all Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
aduhube:

Why will you talk about life in China without mentioning migration and visa concerns? You do not want people back home to travel and make money?

A good way of knowing if you're making impact is to check your ability to write what your audience likes. And as things are presently, most nairalanders want to leave Nigeria. Hence, immigration and visa concerns are important.

Only kindergarten kids enjoy picture and stories the way you give the stories. We are adults, and we have bills to pay. We look for ways of leaving the country. As a result, migration and visa concerns are necessary.

Thanks to alexio for giving more light to some migration and visa concerns. That is what is expected. He is a nice man. Please do not relent. Your information has helped us in many ways.

Thanks

Aduhube is my name.

Will you keep quiet!

You are a fool and a very big one at that.

You are as senseless as the next monkey in the forest.
If I were a Mod I could ban you for life for displaying gross stupidity as if you inherited it.

If you are so frustrated to the point of wanting to leave Nigeria ASAP, it is not on the OP you would vent you anger.
They keep telling you there are other threads that treated your problem, that you should go and look for such and you keep barking like a bulldog denied food for days.

Leave the thread if you are frustrated and go shout your useless moniker else where.

Aduhube is my name, Aduhube is my name.

What's so special about Aduhube?

I guess Aduhube means senselessness.

Nonsense!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Cutealexio(m): 6:03am On Dec 14, 2020
According to recent research,our population will
China by 2100. If Nigeria still exists by then I hope government can start introducing policies that will meet up with the population boom
cue64:
yeah the actually learnt their mistake but after their population has exploded, just like Nigeria’s own will. But the problem now is there is no any reasonable plan for the future in Nigeria
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by zuzman(m): 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2020
Do this:

Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvement >Analytics Data

There are logs here in alphabetical order, kindly locate logs under P if there is Panic Full

cue64:
Guys i’m Sorry it’s not that I choose not to update or abandon the thread, this seriously are just trying times, my iPhone 11promax just suddenly started rebooting by itself over and over again, so over the weekend I went to Shenzhen to fix my girlfriend’s phone and had it checked too, they couldn’t find any fault and gave it back to me, I called apple, explained to them they asked me to do an update which I did, still same, called them back again they said do a restore, which I painstakingly did even though I lost all my data cos I haven’t done a backup in a while, the problem is still same even then at apple repair center now, they are confused.. for the past 2 weeks now I have been like a dead person. So please anyone who also knows anything I can do please share... I have a lot written on my notepad that I wanted to post but the phone took all, now I have to start writing again. But i’ll Definitely find a way to make this thread fun again please bear with me
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
zuzman:
Do this:

Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvement >Analytics Data

There are logs here in alphabetical order, kindly locate logs under P if there is Panic Full

the phone won’t even turn on for 30 seconds that’s the problem
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2020
Canton tower located at the banks of Zhujian river in Haizhu district, is the tallest structure in Guangzhou and one of the tallest in china and Asia... it’s an observation tower used also for communications and also houses Exotic restaurants

4 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Whenever I have too much thoughts in my head and I feel like clearing my mind, I just take my bike and drive to the banks of the river, standing on the bridge and and takin a walking around the river banks helps me to clear my mind and think straight.

13 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by themaestro08(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
cue64:
Whenever I have too much thoughts in my head and I feel like clearing my mind, I just take my bike and drive to the banks of the river, standing on the bridge and and takin a walking around the river banks helps me to clear my mind and think straight.

Great thread!. I Wish you the best man.
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by zuzman(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
It’s very likely the phone has panic full. Even apple can’t repair it, they issue replacements instead. I suggest u drop it off at the store u bought it and request for a replacement
cue64:
the phone won’t even turn on for 30 seconds that’s the problem

1 Like

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
zuzman:
It’s very likely the phone has panic full. Even apple can’t repair it, they issue replacements instead. I suggest u drop it off at the store u bought it and request for a replacement
youre right I just was able to check it now

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
I took a one day trip to Shanghai, it’s my first time in this city, it’s really a beautiful place, but at this moment very cold and expensive

7 Likes

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by Alexgeneration(m): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
cue64:
I took a one day trip to Shanghai, it’s my first time in this city, it’s really a beautiful place, but at this moment very cold and expensive
Bro, please can I send you a mail?
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by LOGICALKEN: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please I need a Wechat account for my business. can anybody help?
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by LordFarquaad(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2020
cue64:
Would you love this topic to make front page, should I quote any of the mods on your behalf?.
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by LordFarquaad(m): 12:49am On Dec 21, 2020
cue64:
Hello brother, if you would not mind.
How often do you see black one the street.?
If extremely rare do you ever feel not properly welcome in China, put differently, do you ever feel like the Chinese see you as a parasite or leech?.
Thanks..
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2020
LordFarquaad:
Hello brother, if you would not mind.
How often do you see black one the street.?
If extremely rare do you ever feel not properly welcome in China, put differently, do you ever feel like the Chinese see you as a parasite or leech?.
Thanks..
in Guangzhou, depends on the area you’re living in, there are blacks everywhere and if you read back you’d see that I stated there the most black dominated areas, you should know Chinese people have a very closed mind and most of the way they act is as a result of what they’ve been told, still you’ll find nice and welcoming once as you will also find stupid and awkward ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2020
LordFarquaad:
Would you love this topic to make front page, should I quote any of the mods on your behalf?.
no really bro just leave them on their own.... thanks
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2020
Alexgeneration:
Bro, please can I send you a mail?
yeah sure but this period I might take a little longer to reply
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by noskcid(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
cue64:
yeah sure but this period I might take a little longer to reply

I have sent mails to cue64 but no response cool
Re: Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences by cue64: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
The line 6 metro in Guangzhou is actually one of my favorite lines of all the metro, not cos it’s beautiful, or cos it’s the best but cos simply it just fascinates me. Of the kind of architectural prowess they showed on this line, many of the stops on this lines I guess they didn’t have enough space to build a very large metro station so they had to utilize the little space they have, there by building one metro line underground, another on top and another until again... I just didn’t know how well to snap the pictures to properly illustrate it..

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

My Trip To Prague, Czech Republic / My Trip To Dubai | Best Places To Check Out! / Water Leakage Inside Nigerian Plane While Raining (Photo/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.