Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses (67839 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Water Entered Shops At The Jankara Market, Lagos, Damaged Goods. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blacknp(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

Dont be stupid
He is a Democratically elected president and is accountable to us
You dont "take a president for granted " when you tell em to do his job

What kind of archaic mentality do u have
After all the talk who declared the curfew in your state, President Buhari or your Governor? You would have waited for the Federal Government till the pope visits Nigeria again?

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Dansuqi: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:

They are trained to stand their ground! That's part of their training! Don't know where you guys got this impressionn that's it's right for the police to take to their heals at the slightest attack..

17 police stations In lagos have been burnt down,several policemen and some dpos killed in that same lagos.the marauding hoodlums are ready to lynch any policeman they sight.why should they stand their ground? Who does that? I recall you supported the attack on police stations and you arw here blaming them.nonsense

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Neot77(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
PraiselyPraise:
I sympathize with them. It's well. Had there been Buhari daft government took the protest seriously and tackled squarely, it wouldn't have aggravated to what it has become. .

So, because Buhari did not talk means we should destroy private property? At least we said it is peaceful protest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Yankee101: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
We need to embrace insurance in nigeria

This is heartbreaking
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
samunaka:

you people took Buhari for granted because he quickly succumb to your demand and proscribed SARS, you were thinking that you can intimidate him to resign, all of you are living in fool's paradise

[/s]

Polithiefcians and Policemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use guns to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by zanshi: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sanwolu should be forced to pay compensations from the state coffers.

This is the second time malls are being burgled and you have failed to take adequate leadership and put things in control, and you do is speak fine english.

All business affected should send an invoice to that state so they can pay compensation from the Lagos state security trust fund.

Or best till create State Police since you have little or no control over the security affairs of the state.
[s]
samunaka:

you people took Buhari for granted because he quickly succumb to your demand and proscribed SARS, you were thinking that you can intimidate him to resign, all of you are living in fool's paradise

[/s]

Polithiefcians and Po.licemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use guns to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Greatzeus(m): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nbotee:
I asked to what end were the looting and burning of properties and a whole lot of senseless ediots were in my mentions to insult and even threaten me... These are private businesses and hoodlums now have the momentum.. Wen dey are done with business dey will face houses...
Don't mind them. Don't be surprised some of these shop owners would have cursed you out for criticizing the hoodlums,not knowing what goes around comes around. I stopped supporting the protest after SARS was dissolved. Look at it now,what did the protest achieve? Death, looting,more suffering for the masses, sources of income of many lagosians put on hold because of curfew.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blacknp(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

17 police stations In lagos have been burnt down,several policemen and some dpos killed in that same lagos.the marauding hoodlums are ready to lynch any policeman they sight.why should they stand their ground? Who does that? I recall you supported the attack on police stations and you arw here blaming them.nonsense
Don’t mind that rugaria, I believe he is the same farah aideed? Thrashing way of reasoning no common sense application.

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by dennisworld1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by brainhgeek(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
So sorry for your losses. Insurance companies should be the ones crying now and not biz owners but .......make I keep quiet.
However, is it so difficult to catch one of these hoodlums and extract useful info from them?

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by excomarow(m): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
PraiselyPraise:
I sympathize with them. It's well. Had there been Buhari daft government took the protest seriously and tackled squarely, it wouldn't have aggravated to what it has become. .
must u mention buari in anything bad that happens, or was he the one that created SARS. Useless comment from the pit of hell

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Greatzeus(m): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
seunmsg:
So sad. It is the height of wickedness to break into other people’s properties and loot their means of livelihood. We are not different from the leaders we criticize. Majority of the protesters would steal far more than the current crop of leaders if they find their way into public office. Our young people really needs to do better.
The genuine protest stopped after SARS was disbanded, everything that came after was nothing but show of hatred for Buhari,Tinubu and LASG.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by ganiyu26(m): 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
Don’t be surprised if you see any of the looters in this forum grin
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
Healthquest:
I don't want to call u a fool, but I'm sure u ve watched video where ur fellow protesters pursued police out of d community and even kill some of dem?
They maim and declare dem unwanted...
Dats how protest bcom in Nigeria, since all of us r mad ,let's count our loss and see who will die first

I resisted the urge to call him an idiot too grin

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by mank1234(m): 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!

I laugh. How many police do we have per head? They are inadequate.
Even at that they are grossly underpaid and very few would want to risk their lives confronting mob of looters.

Some may even prefer to change to mofty and join in the loot, especially the SARS that have been molesting people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by shankara7: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
UDUJ:

Exactly.

We live in a country where if you are lucky to attain some amount of success in life like having a good job, house, cars et al you automatically attract hatred from people for no just reason.
Living a comfortable life in the midst of hungry or poor people is a risk anywhere in the world. That's why other nations are fighting poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Rugaria: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
Dansuqi:

I supported the uprising! And I still support that! If that to you means I support the killing of policemen, I can only pity your brain! You don't Know jack about the workings of the police force! Unless when superior force is involved, otherwise the police should never allow their barracks to be breached. Obasanjo once warned the divisional police heads that he will fire any that allows such to happen! Most barracks were burnt down because the police were nowhere to be found! That is wrong and portends danger! Imagine if Nigeria was facing invasion, so at the slightest fire, the police should run? Is that how you organise a nations security?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Kinikini: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
I do not dispute that the FG could have prevented the carnage if they were proactive. But sincerely, do we need to be told that looting other people's properties is stealing? Did the looters think they were looting the national cake? Imagine most commentators were blaming the hardships in the land and also that when riots come, nothing is sacred. And, I was like, what an excuse. Most people who proferred this excuse are not business owners and hence do not know the pains that go into building a business. It is easy to excuse the thieves when we were not the ones whose properties were looted.

PraiselyPraise:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blacknp(m): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
DamZik:

Polithiefcians and Policemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use guns to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.
You are the one oppressing yourself, go and educate your mind more, life is a race, prosperity is never guaranteed, you work for it. You sound like a bitter Failure?

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Rugaria: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
mank1234:

I laugh. How many police do we have per head? They are inadequate.
Even at that they are grossly underpaid and very few would want to risk their lives confronting mob of looters.

Some may even prefer to change to mofty and join in the loot, especially the SARS that have been molesting people.
You do have a point
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Greatzeus(m): 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
LilyColin:
The lifeless vegetable in Aso rock and opolo eyes d desperado caused all these chaos. Kiss the bitter truth

Nairaland is a BIASED forum.

Be like say APC get shares for this forum.

BTW, this is the official PRESIDENTIAL speech below.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGr9MZcjm7w/?igshid=13ot45s8swdib
[/s]
You didn't mention Nwafor who killed your cousin's in Anambra,and Peter obi and Obiano that gave him appointments. Their rotten corpse still inside the river.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by airoport: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
hammer3:
GOD PUNISH THOSE SHOP OWNERS CRYING.

Y DONT DEY GO AND SET THEIR STOMACH FOR ARMY TO SHOOT.

WE CRY OVER THE PEOPLE WE LOST AND NOT BLOODY STINKING SHOP FULL OF RUBBISH.

EVERYTHING IN THAT SHOP CAN BE REPLACED BUT WE CANNOT REPLACE LIFE.
20/10/2020; Power play gone wrong. Think deep. Those who know, know what played out.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by zoghys: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
MickzyDonald:
It's a pity sha

Pity?, some asshole should go to jail for that.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blacknp(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
Kinikini:
I do not dispute that the FG could have prevented the carnage if they were proactive. But sincerely, do we need to be told that looting other people's properties is stealing? Did the looters think they were looting the national cake? Imagine most commentators were blaming the hardships in the land and also that when riots come, nothing is sacred. And, I was like, what an excuse. Most people who proferred this excuse are not business owners and hence do not know the pains that go into building a business. It is easy to excuse the thieves when we were not the ones whose properties were looted.

Just reiterates my point, the purported protesters are 100 times worse than the people that are purporting to be agitating against, even worse than pot calling kettle black, hypocrisy at the highest level of deceit.

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Greatzeus(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2020
UDUJ:

Exactly.

We live in a country where if you are lucky to attain some amount of success in life like having a good job, house, cars et al you automatically attract hatred from people for no just reason.
Like Tinubu is attracting hatred from 99.9% of all Igbos walking the earth? You are right then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
Humanace:
His is GRA Ikeja ...people running as thugs loot computer village please help ..happening right now ...please help make this front page so the appropriate authorities can go there

Lol... Una never see anything. Na the opportunity be this.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by crackhouse(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:
We live in a country where the poor sees the rich and they are reminded of their failure and would look a for a way to either defraud that rich person or bring them down.
word
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by dingbang(m): 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
Just the sad part of life. We toil and toil only for another person to reap.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? / Is POS Business Profitable? / Bet9ja’s Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group, LASG Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.