Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? (85444 Views)

300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) / Stray Bullets Kill UNILAG Final Year Student And Staff In Lagos / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Brunicekid(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Naijabad:
They defy the law of gravity and hang in the air.
MY CONCLUSION HERE IS THAT YOU ARE NOT SCIENTIFICALLY SERIOUS!!
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Eidris01(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2020
ReluctantAdult:
The bullets fall and that's dangerous. Falling bullets can pierce roofs, wound and kill people. Firing blanks is safer.
I've witnessed this before. It was our last paper, during junior waec. We heard a loud sound all of a sudden. I'm a person who gets frightened quickly. So, I and some candidates around the spot ran out in fear. It was a bullet that just pierced the roof, desk and the question paper of a candidate. It almost hit him, only God saved him. We all made thanksgiving after the exam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Alhajiemeritus: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Lala Turukus
Ile lumbus.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
They are fired up to 15000 feet at 1500m/s. They fall back at 200m/s and can still be quite deadly, that's why people are killed by stray bullets.
. Misinformation! As far as its not Anti Aircraft Gun, it can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000, you people should take this your misinformation easy
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by InvertedHammer: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2020
/
Throw a small pebble in the air and see what happens. Simple. It will give you an idea.

/
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by oyeb15: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2020
Bullets can be fired without gun.

Put some inside fry pan and heat it up. Once d gun powder heats,it will explode and d force will fire d bullets to different direction.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by franklingud(m): 6:48am On Oct 24, 2020
Too many misinformation here.
The bullet, when fired up straight in the air, will fly up and get to a point where it will loose velocity, loose it's members and scatter, then fall down in pieces.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by oyeb15: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2020
Bullet fired into d air cannot kill
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by oyeb15: 6:52am On Oct 24, 2020
Bullet fired into the air cannot kill on earth but in space you have to leave d firing position cos gravity will push it back to d source at firing speed within 15 seconds.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by hardbody: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2020
donkilidon:
Every gun has its range "distance covered" by the bullet. Once that distance is met the bullet drops to the ground. Hence the bullet becomes harmless after required speed and distance is met.

This sounds most plausible and logical
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by amazingspiderma: 7:14am On Oct 24, 2020
Liposure:
It goes up, obeys the law of gravity and returns in free fall

A bullet leave the nozzle of an AK 47 at about 670m/s and depending on the angle of projection return with 10% of it speed after the effect of viscous drag in air. That is about 67m/s. That is enough to kill.
The speed of an arrow is 89m/s, when you compare those value, you will see how dangerous it can be.
Shooting into in the air should be a crime.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/02/15/firing-a-gun-into-the-air-can-kill-someone/#b015be3d22e0

http://www.bluebulbprojects.com/MeasureOfThings/results.php?comp=speed&unit=ms&amt=86&sort=pr&p=1#:~:text=In%20other%20words%2C%20the%20speed%20of%20an%20Arrow%20(archery),times%2086%20meters%20per%20second.&text=A%20250%20gram%20arrow%20will,%2C%2028-inch%20draw%20bow%20.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2020
Wait, why does this thread interest me like this?

Oops! Because I am a huge fan of bullet

Black bullet
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:27am On Oct 24, 2020
adanny01:

You are wrong.

A bullet shot does not travel indefinitely. Air will resist its movement. Gravity wants it to fall down. A bullet shot at 45 degrees will either meet an object or travel at the same 45 degree until the momentum it has drops to that which gravity will start to pull it down. From the moment gravity starts acting the line of travel bend towards the center of the earth. At that moment, the momentum it has cannot penetrate human skin.

Myth busters did an episode on it. Study physics, you will understand.

A bullet shot at 90degrees will be more dangerous. You will never see a trained gun handler shooting vertically in the air. The bullet will stall when it lost all momentum, gravity will return it to earth at a speed higher than a 45degree bullet. It may still not penetrate but will certainly hurt more.
Who told u this rubbish, abeg I don't have energy to argue, just googled it.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2020
franklingud:
The bullet, when fired up straight in the air, will fly up and get to a point where it will loose velocity, loose it's members and scatter, then fall down in pieces.
Go n educate urself jor, u are the misinformed person here

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Peppermintflav: 7:33am On Oct 24, 2020
franklingud:
Lol who is misinforming who?
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2020
oyeb15:
Bullet fired into d air cannot kill
So how do we have stray bullet killing person

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by miketayo(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2020
donkilidon:
Every gun has its range "distance covered" by the bullet. Once that distance is met the bullet drops to the ground. Hence the bullet becomes harmless after required speed and distance is met.

About 2 years ago a falling bullet pierced the roof of our office and hit d ground hard, if someone was on that spot he could have easily died.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 7:34am On Oct 24, 2020
hardbody:

This sounds most plausible and logical

Google this topic n get the right answer

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Peppermintflav: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2020
What baffles me is how in this day and age of internet at our finger tips some people still choose to remain ignorant. Do some research by yourself. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by BlackTrice: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
They soldiers shot into the air and all the wounded and dead people jumped up and caught up with the bullets

Lolz no be small jumped up
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by mrkings84(m): 7:45am On Oct 24, 2020
PaChukwudi44:
They soldiers shot into the air and all the wounded and dead people jumped up and caught up with the bullets

Epic!
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 24, 2020
miketayo:

About 2 years ago a falling bullet pierced the roof of our office and hit d ground hard, if someone was on that spot he could have easily died.

Obviously the bullet was still traveling to cover its limit. Once the limit is attained it becomes weak and drops.

Ask....can a bullet be fired in Maryland to target stadium in surulere....it will sure become weak and drop after it covers it's range
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Faithful007: 8:14am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

. Misinformation! As far as its not Anti Aircraft Gun, it can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000, you people should take this your misinformation easy
bullets can approach that height. 1500ft is still too low for planes which travel at 35000ft, so they are not a threat to planes. It is not misinformation, research it.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Faithful007: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2020
donkilidon:

Obviously the bullet was still traveling to cover its limit. Once the limit is attained it becomes weak and drops.

Ask....can a bullet be fired in Maryland to target stadium in surulere....it will sure become weak and drop after it covers it's range
falling bullets do kill

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ivolt: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2020
UrekaTruths:

https://twitter.com/12dddd3356/status/1319328078502498305?s=19
Read my comment again. Stop being gullible. Those are not dead people from bullet wounds!
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
bullets can approach that height. 1500ft is still too low for planes which travel at 35000ft, so they are not a threat to planes. It is not misinformation, research it.

Please read well next time before you reply, he wrote 15,000ft and not 1,500ft hence my reply for misinforming people, thank you.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by remsonik(f): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2020
iCode2:
Aaahhhh Remsonik!!!! E don tey oooo cheesy cheesy How you dey na

I am fine
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by miketayo(m): 8:33am On Oct 24, 2020
donkilidon:

From the angle it fell we could tell it was a falling bullet, except someone shot from a plane or helicopter it was a falling bullet. It went straight down made a mark on the tiles too.
Thugs were fighting around oshodi that period and my office was at illupeju.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by God2man2again(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2020
Summarily, it depends on the angle and range of firing the bullet.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by NadiaR(m): 8:49am On Oct 24, 2020
ALLFATHER14:

Go on twitter and search for yourself, Omo ale
No b him fault if one of his family had died he won't be saying trash
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Faithful007: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Please read well next time before you reply, he wrote 15,000ft and not 1,500ft hence my reply for misinforming people, thank you.
I'm the one who wrote that. In my reply I still meant to say 15,000ft. The 1500feet was a mistake, bullets will double that in a second. Just take a little time and research on what I said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor And Apostle In Gay Sex In Enugu (photos) / UNIBEN Aficionado Having Fun Before He Was Killed By Cultist. Friends Mourn / MC Real Abah Poisoned To Death By Friend In Abuja (Disturbing Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.