Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? (85448 Views)

300,000 Live Bullets Concealed In Trucks Intercepted By Army In Ogun (Photos) / Stray Bullets Kill UNILAG Final Year Student And Staff In Lagos / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
I'm the one who wrote that. In my reply I still meant to say 15,000ft. The 1500feet was a mistake, bullets will double that in a second. Just take a little time and research on what I said.

Please still misinformation, unless anti aircraft gun, the weapon soldiers use like the Ak47 can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000ft, before I quote you, I'm very well informed about that.

let me just break it down for you, effective range of the weapon our army uses in terms of higher is 1300ft, and it could get to above 2700ft but not effective rage.

only anti aircraft gun can achieve such night and above (15,000ft).

Police helicopter can easily take out anyone using ak47 at 3500ft, because you bullet from down below using ak47 can never get to that height.

50Calibre can get to 11,000 and above.

I hope that helps so you will know the differences between Anti Aircraft Gun and normal Aks.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Faithful007: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Please still misinformation, unless anti aircraft gun, the weapon soldiers use like the Ak47 can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000ft, before I quote you, I'm very well informed about that.

let me just break it down for you, effective range of the weapon our army uses in terms of higher is 1300ft, and it could get to above 2700ft but not effective rage.

only anti aircraft gun can achieve such night and above (15,000ft).

Police helicopter can easily take out anyone using ak47 at 3500ft, because you bullet from down below using ak47 can never get to that height.

50Calibre can get to 11,000 and above.

I hope that helps so you will know the differences between Anti Aircraft Gun and normal Aks.
man, I get you. That's when they are fired straight, when you fire a gun a lot degrees up, things get very interesting. The trajectory changes and it goes a lot farther. It will not hit ground easily as straight fired bullet, rather keeps going till gravity brings the velocity to zero. Then it begins to fall back, it straightens due to streamlined shape and picks up speed due to g-force, it becomes deadly again and can do damage. Have you not heard of people saying that a bullet struck through their house without them even being near the gunshot at all?
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by harrend(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2020
Enwhen:

You r wrong ... Stray bullet is because they fail to maintain vertical position of the gun while shooting mostly for AK47... If properly shot at a vertical position , once the bullets gets to its maximum height , it loses all it force , and falls down lightly with no direction of either sides of the bullet ends, which when compared to the upward movement where it move with the side of the penetrating face of the bullet.
but there are still some probability that it lands on the penetrating side and if that happens its kills.. an average falling bullets has a velocity of 300mps which is very dangerous..
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Midas01: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Give me a few minutes, I will show you and clear your foolishness.
ivolt:

Why don't you show us those wounded and killed by bullets? Not another dark video or narration please.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Midas01: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Olodo...only speak on what you know.
donkilidon:
Every gun has its range "distance covered" by the bullet. Once that distance is met the bullet drops to the ground. Hence the bullet becomes harmless after required speed and distance is met.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Midas01: 10:03am On Oct 24, 2020
You are wrong oga. Even when vertical position is maintained, the bullets travels and gets to it's maximum height where it attains a final velocity of 0 and begins a downward movement.

During that downward movement, the force of gravity acts on it and causes the velocity to increase. The bullet then attains it's maximum downward velocity shortly before hitting the ground (or in this case, a person) it is that maximum downward velocity that makes it fatal and kills.
Enwhen:

You r wrong ... Stray bullet is because they fail to maintain vertical position of the gun while shooting mostly for AK47... If properly shot at a vertical position , once the bullets gets to its maximum height , it loses all it force , and falls down lightly with no direction of either sides of the bullet ends, which when compared to the upward movement where it move with the side of the penetrating face of the bullet.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
man, I get you. That's when they are fired straight, when you fire a gun a lot degrees up, things get very interesting. The trajectory changes and it goes a lot farther. It will not hit ground easily as straight fired bullet, rather keeps going till gravity brings the velocity to zero. Then it begins to fall back, it straightens due to streamlined shape and picks up speed due to g-force, it becomes deadly again and can do damage. Have you not heard of people saying that a bullet struck through their house without them even being near the gunshot at all?

Please don't try to change the narrative or argument at hand, The argument was that bullet our military used can get to 15,000 ft you said, only anti aircraft guns can attain such height and above. Ak47 can't get to 3000ft, talkless of 5000ft , not even to mention 15,000ft.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ugwum007(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2020
Liposure:
It goes up, obeys the law of gravity and returns in free fall

Depending on the maximum height it attains, the fall can be quite dangerous if it attains terminal velocity.
Remember that falling bread fruit(ukwa) and coconut can be lethal.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ugwum007(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Please don't try to change the narrative or argument at hand, The argument was that bullet our military used can get to 15,000 ft you said, only anti aircraft guns. Ak47 can't get to 3000ft, talks as of 5000ft , not even to mention 15,000ft.

Those rounds were looking like amour piercing rounds and can't be from AK-47. The wounds I saw online were looking like motor accident sounds which means that the rounds were actually tearing people apart.

Amour piercing rounds are more deadly and can travel a far more distance
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Sirmwill: 10:25am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:
Next time please just STFU on what your brain does not know

You decided to show further:Your mental bankruptcy

Even the Wikipedia sources you brought still contradict your claims that a bullet will move 15000 feets vertically above the ground
Please check it there that only large guns can do that and in this case the bullet will be a ballistic which is mostly rocket powered.
The maximum range in the standardized speeds that you are claiming from this source is what looks like 1500m/s... That's a standard velocity they have provided and most notably that should be when the bullet's velocity is monitored horizontally with minimal gravitational impact and little air resistance...
You people will just go and read something from somewhere and then "come and be" spewing dust "upandan"
Go and browse and see that large guns collectively refer to guns mounted on War aircrafts and tanks and not guns used by some Nigerian Soldiers in Lekki

If Vertical velocity is determined for a fairly used AK-47 rifle(and not the ones with modern propulsion such as rail and eelectromagnetic tech as with the "thing" you brought as proof) considering gravity and air resistance,a gun shot by a Nigerian soldier in these constraints will not even hit 90m/s before falling down...

Rubbish!
*spits*
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ugwum007(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2020
Midas01:
You are wrong oga. Even when vertical position is maintained, the bullets travels and gets to it's maximum height where it attains a final velocity of 0 and begins a downward movement.

During that downward movement, the force of gravity acts on it and causes the velocity to increase. The bullet then attains it's maximum downward velocity shortly before hitting the ground (or in this case, a person) it is that maximum downward velocity that makes it fatal and kills.

Once it attains terminal velocity, it becomes deadly again just like a space craft re-entering the earth.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Sirmwill: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Please don't try to change the narrative or argument at hand, The argument was that bullet our military used can get to 15,000 ft you said, only anti aircraft guns. Ak47 can't get to 3000ft, talks as of 5000ft , not even to mention 15,000ft.
Thank you ooo
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by petitejolie(f): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2020
ivolt:

Why don't you show us those wounded and killed by bullets? Not another dark video or narration please.
go to sanwaolu page and see some of d wounded he went to visit
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2020
ugwum007:

Those rounds were looking like amour piercing rounds and can't be from AK-47. The wounds I saw online were looking like motor accident sounds which means that the rounds were actually tearing people apart.

Amour piercing rounds are more deadly and can travel a far more distance

Another misinformation. Armour piercing round or not, as far its the regular military rifle, it can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000ft. And what you say you saw is amour piercing rounds its not, ak7 can tear one apart in a close range. And why would the military use armour piercing round protesters, did the protesters came with armoured body lolz.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ugwum007(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Another misinformation. Armour piercing round or not, as far its the regular military rifle, it can't get to 5000ft talk less of 15,000ft. And what you say you saw is amour piercing rounds its not, ak7 can tear one apart in a close range. And why would the military use armour piercing round protesters, did the protesters came with armoured body lolz.

I didn't mention any range here. If you are asking why will military use armour piercing rounds on protesters, you should also ask why were the military there and why were they shooting even if it is bangers.

Stand under bread fruit tree, let it hit you. Then you will understand.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by omohlexy: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2020
Some come down in a motion described in physics as projectile. It's point is as leathal as direct shots. Velocity could decrease but impact will still be very high.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2020
ugwum007:

I didn't mention any range here. If you are asking why will military use armour piercing rounds on protesters, you should also ask why were the military there and why were they shooting even if it is bangers.

Normal ruffle
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2020
ugwum007:

Normal riffle is more than enough to do damage, armoured piercing round is not a cheap rounds to use, and you are not fighting bullet proof body.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ivolt: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2020
petitejolie:
go to sanwaolu page and see some of d wounded he went to visit
I already saw that. Wounded does not mean massacre from shooting.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Sirmwill: 10:58am On Oct 24, 2020
Faithful007:

Wrong!!!
Very Wrong!!!
Instead it goes less farther because it is fired up considering gravity and air resistance.
And if it is that you are talking about a straight line vertical motion under gravity,you are terribly wrong...
The gun shots can not be at a perfect 90 degrees due to recoil Velocity of the gun which will displace the direction slightly...so this is simply a projectile situation...

Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Sirmwill: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2020
ugwum007:

Once it attains terminal velocity, it becomes deadly again just like a space craft re-entering the earth.

Very wrong!!!
A spacecraft re entering earth has higher mass than a bullet
Momentum is the product of mass and velocity
A body must have a higher mass to be able to gather a higher momentum in relation to the velocity it attains...

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:13am On Oct 24, 2020
DaFuhrer:

They lie small small abeg....how can an object falling under the influence of gravity travel for 200m/s

grin grin grin

na shooting star
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by unadeymadkwa: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Heaven
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by adanny01(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Who told u this rubbish, abeg I don't have energy to argue, just googled it.

Rather, you don't know anything to argue about.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2020
Stocktrader1:

Please don't try to change the narrative or argument at hand, The argument was that bullet our military used can get to 15,000 ft you said, only anti aircraft guns can attain such height and above. Ak47 can't get to 3000ft, talkless of 5000ft , not even to mention 15,000ft.

grin do they even know what is 15,000 ft, is equivalent to 4miles and only one rifle newly produced by Russians military can attend to that.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2020
adanny01:

Rather, you don't know anything to argue about.

Shut up
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Stocktrader1: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2020
victorazyvictor:

grin do they even know what is 15,000 ft, is equivalent to 4miles and only one rifle newly produced by Russians military can attend to that.

we are not talking about newly produced Russian riffle not verified yet, we are talking of Nigeria Army riffles here.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by adanny01(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Shut up

Children these days.

If you had anything upstairs, you wouldn't be telling me to shut up, you would have been quoting Newton's laws of motion, gravity, air drag, ballistic design etc

Only empty heads result to such an empty and arrogant remark as "shut up". WTF, did you buy my data?!

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by ibuildstuff(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2020
adanny01:

Children these days.

If you had anything upstairs, you wouldn't be telling me to shut up, you would have been quoting Newton's laws of motion, gravity, air drag, ballistic design etc

Only empty heads result to such an empty and arrogant remark as "shut up". WTF, did you buy my data?!
I don't need to argue with u, I already said what I said. From previous comments, go back n read it.
Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Enwhen(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2020
Midas01:

Go calculate the mass of a bullet... It can't kill... Bullets have landed on peoples head countless of times, it doesn't injures let alone kill, tho, its painful , I have experience it ones in Warri... Even when it lands on your roof , it can't penetrate it, after the maximum height , the bullet falls with no particular side movement like when shot, and very high possibility that it not land with the penetrating side... If bullet it your house wall or penetrate any roof r wall, it's a direct shot or stray bullet...don't forget , calculate the mass of a bullet, thats what u don't know...

1 Like

Re: Where Do Bullets Go When Fired Straight Into The Air? by Peppermintflav: 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKa9ZcOYGLI
Watch this video. Stop arguing

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor And Apostle In Gay Sex In Enugu (photos) / UNIBEN Aficionado Having Fun Before He Was Killed By Cultist. Friends Mourn / MC Real Abah Poisoned To Death By Friend In Abuja (Disturbing Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.