Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria (29197 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by emkz: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
Is there any reason for creating this thread?
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Yankee101: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
Oracleforce:
African marriage is a scam... You can hardly see genuine love in African marriage...it is either the man is exploiting the woman or otherwise. ...

The leeching and preying mentality have destroyed so.many relationships or marriages..
And that is the reason you can see a lasting marriage.

You don see oyinbo marriage? Checking credit scores etc. African and Asian marriages are still the least manipulative

1 Like

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by adadike(f): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
Wives, respect your husbands and husbands, love your wives just like Christ love the church and their will be no need for divorce

4 Likes

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Saao(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
People hardly divorce in this part of the world especially our ladies.

1 Like

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Davash222(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Abiababe:
Thanks for the information, really helpful.
Fight for your marriage, sister.

2 Likes

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Abiababe(f): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
Davash222:
Fight for marriage, sister.
Are you married or single?
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Davash222(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Abiababe:

Are you married or single?
Not yet married.
Why do you ask?
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by holutee(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks OP, want to divorce Nigeria, gonna look for a good lawyer and follow the steps u stated, thanks once again
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Thebwoy: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Oracleforce:
African marriage is a scam... You can hardly see genuine love in African marriage...it is either the man is exploiting the woman or otherwise. ...

The leeching and preying mentality have destroyed so.many relationships or marriages..
And that is the reason you can see a lasting marriage.

Lie
African marriage has been working perfect b4 the Western influence

1 Like

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by myettiallah: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ghk
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by WiszyFraud: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
Marriage is just a scam used by women to milk men.
in my opinion, we should just bleep around, and have as many children as you can take care of.....instead of deceiving ourselves in the name of marriage

There's this rest of mind and happiness when you don't have any permanent dealing with African women. grin

5 Likes

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Abiababe(f): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
Davash222:
Not yet married.
Why do you ask?
Nothing, just wanted to know. Thanks though
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by abbey621(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Just like all laws and functions in Nigeria, even divorce laws creates confusion, God who did we offend cry cry. Look at this:

e. That both parties have lived apart for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition.

f. That both parties have lived apart for a continuous period of at least 3 years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition.

What's the difference

6 Likes

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Dayvidblue: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Burgerlomo:
cool

Chair pls.
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Queseda: 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
HealthDiary:

Source: https://www.opinions.com.ng/2020/10/how-to-file-for-divorce-in-nigeria.html
My friend has been seperated from his wife for over 3years, the marriage produced no kids. They did court marriage, will he have to share his property with the wife? The wife is the petitioner
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Oracleforce: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It is a lie. Stop spreading lies

You are typing this lie because of your low self-esteem

Your comments depict your stupidity and fuddles...because you and I have a divergent opinion about African marriage... You resort in revealing your animalistic trait in you....

Oni kuure

3 Likes

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
Oracleforce:

Your comments depict your stupidity and fuddles...because you and I have a divergent opinion about African marriage... You resort in revealing your animalistic trait in you....

Oni kuure

For disagreeing with you, i revealed my animalistic trait.

Imagine.

Seriously you have a lowself esteem.

Africans with lowself esteem starts everything with how Africans are this and that, every thing negative.

I had to reveal your disease before it ruin you.

1 Like

Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by mannasseh(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
what about Traditional marriages
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by samuelpeters(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
What if i do only traditional marriage or white wedding??
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by bizhop01: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
I want to know how i can divorce Nigeria
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by adontcare(f): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks op. Needed this
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Good piece. I enjoyed reading every but of it as I'm about to file for divorce from my ex wife. Maybe it's the spirit that led me to this post telling me it's time.
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by MSGAMBLE9: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
CocoaOla:
Nigeria men go share their properties keep dream ing in uk
yes, that why most men prefer separation..divorce is pro-women ( you end up beign poorer)
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by gungab(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Gmmmm
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by JustforMen: 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
emkz:
Is there any reason for creating this thread?

Yes, because divorce is a real, but unfortunate, reality of life. And statistically, every 1 in 4 marriages will end in a divorce!

https://gillespieshields.com/20-divorce-facts-for-2020/#:~:text=60%25%20of%20couples%20who%20get,less%20likely%20to%20get%20divorced.
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by sammirano3: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
Divorce is wrong. No matter how you put it. And note God does not recognise it. So stop deceiving yourself.
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Anyiamaka: 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
mrkings84:
In a union ordained by God Himself, divorce is a NO NO!!
Lmfao
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
Lagosianswag:
Divorce is not for me undecided

Marriage is not for Me Too grin
Lmfao
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
No Divorce - this is hate speech
Re: How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
God bless you op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happened That Made You Believe Spiritual Is Real / Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.