Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha (74535 Views)

Fatima & Her 4 Children Killed By IPOB In Anambra: Adamu Garba, Shehu Sani React / Youths Celebrate Dpo Of Fegge Csp Rabiu Garba. / Police DPO Trying To Run Into A Hotel After His Station Got Burnt In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by CountryTireMan(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Rugaria:
I still ask: when are we going to see igbo DPOs in the far north? Not to talk of igbo police commissioners and co?

The immediate past commissioner of police in Borno state is Damian Chukwu.

3 Likes

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Beetobee(f): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Bkayyy:

It is better to have people like this even if he is a native of sambisa forest than CSP Nwafor in the name of having fellow Igbo man.
We believe in meritocracy

True. I went for a burial in Orifite, Anambra State and the son of the deceased and other bigwigs like OB Jackson had only Northern policemen guarding them. In fact, OB Jackson's convoy had over 15 of them. I asked them why and was told that they refused to have any other policemen except Northerners.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by CountryTireMan(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
ODUBEZE:
This one apply sense

But ehn na northerners full army and police ooooooo

Can an Igbo man be a DPO in the North

No read meaning to my question, just asking for the sake of unity and ONE Nigeria grin grin grin grin

The immediate past commissioner of police in Borno state is Damian Chukwu.

1 Like

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by idiagbo86(m): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Diplomatic approach .if other men in uniform can use same approach. Truth is,no matter how aggrieved the youths are,they still gat some sense. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by mecussey(m): 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Bkayyy:

It is better to have people like this even if he is a native of sambisa forest than CSP Nwafor in the name of having fellow Igbo man.
We believe in meritocracy

Thats the difference between igbo and other tribes. Igbo people dont hate or like bc of tribe or ethnicity, they hate or like you because of what you do unlike other tribes that hate you bc of the tribe you come from. Igbos just want things to be working, if Nigeria starts working today, ipob will die a natural death.

2 Likes

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Rugaria:

I'm not playing tribal... Just trying to squash those who all a sudden are blaming the igbos for the unrest.. That's not fair

Pls leave those doing the blame game after all the reasonable ones have countered that. Only a fool like some CERTIFIED ZOMBIES like keep peddling that. But we all know them. So don't bother about that

1 Like

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Nostradamus1: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2020
DamZik:
Diplomacy at its peak. I remember the wise soldier at Osogbo.

Like for Garuba.

Share for Buhari/Osinbajo
Bros you dey stay around benin
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Seebrian(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
sixtus3606:

whoever has that DPO's number, should please reachout to me. I wish to bless him with a token.

well done CSP Garba.
Truly, the man deserve commendations and encouragement.

1 Like

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Blessedassuranc(f): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
IamPlato:
if lekki protesters had listened to advice of obeyin the curfew they would still be alive

YOUR HEAD NO CORRECT COS SAND SAND FULL AM
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fsekillmonger:
Ok maybe am the one missing something here ...boys came to the station to burn it..and while the cops were flying fence .some one set up a podium and mic and speakers for the DPO in the heat of the moment?
This reportage seems fake to me, story no dey add up
How long does it take to set up a podium in this situation? Less than five minutes. A table and a recharge loudspeaker they already have in the station. I don't think the news is fake.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
thotsofnaij:
I couldn't stop laughing at this cheesy grin

grin grin grin
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
ODUBEZE:

Nepotism is evil, it's corruption

It's killing ONE Nigeria!!!

Kiss the truth.

I will have a thousand Garba than a single devilish Nwafor in any police formation in Anambra state. There is no basis for comparing them. One is a human being and the other a satanic agent out to kill joy in families

God punish Nwafor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nostradamus1:
Bros you dey stay around benin
No
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by dratine(m): 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
Disarming personality. IGP in making. Kudos.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
ODUBEZE:

Nepotism is evil, it's corruption

Kiss the truth.
Bigotry is evil, it's corruption

Kiss the truth.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by yultater: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
it pays to be good
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by vickydevoka(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
jumper524:
the current DPO of kuje in abuja is igbo and his name is Allison.
there are many more of them.
Lol. Dpo Igbo stops at Jos or southern kaduna.
Show me one dpo Igbo for maiduguri or zamfara even sokoto
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by siegfried99(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
I'm impressed
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by bestman09(m): 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
RABIU GARBA: A CHEERY PIECE OF INFO

A friend who lives at Onitsha told this story and it was a refreshing departure from the usual narrative, considering the harrowing experience of the past week.

Rabiu Garba is the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at Fegge Onitsha. He built a borehole for the neighbourhood without any fund raising.

He organizes soccer tournaments for the youths of Fegge at their stadium where he also goes to play table tennis weekly.

For Rabiu Garba, Fegge is his home. Fegge is his community.

He has attended almost every church and every event in the area as he is invited because he is accepted as one of them.

When the rampaging youths came to burn his Police Division yesterday, he neither fought nor fled.

While his men were panicked, he walked out to meet the mob with the courage of a man who had nothing to fear.

They recognized him and the angry chants were silenced! Most of the youths could vouch for him as a professional cop and a role model for many young men in the community.

They even granted him audience to address and counsel them before the mob dispersed.

It had nothing to do with his tribe.
It had nothing to do with his religion.
He was just a model cop.

Yes, there are still good cops.

Thank you DPO Rabiu Garba.

3 Likes

Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by mechanics(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
blazepascal:
lol dpo get mind o
hahhaha, Na so o.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by mechanics(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
Wow, he's the people's favourite.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by subcbouy: 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
blazepascal:
lol dpo get mind o
He is a grassroots policeman, he did borehole and often play football with the youth of fegge, Onitsha on Saturdays. Even attend occasions, if he was invited.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by guru90: 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
Intelligent Dpo.....

Kudos to you Sir....

This is the way to talk.... I said it yesterday that 9ja police will keep on respecting the youth.

He said that we don't want SARS anymore.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by GoodGovernance: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fsekillmonger:
Ok maybe am the one missing something here ...boys came to the station to burn it..and while the cops were flying fence .some one set up a podium and mic and speakers for the DPO in the heat of the moment?
This reportage seems fake to me, story no dey add up

Very interesting cheesy
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by babamadiba(m): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
Commentor:

That's why I take my cane with me everywhere I go.

grin
lol
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Celly2020: 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
Just check well his mum must be an Igbo woman
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by LeitaP: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Your insanity is legendary. I don't even know how to converse with you. It's so impossicant.

You misunguided in every ramifications.

Pathetic!

wonder233:
May you be unfortunate if you say the lekki incident triggered the hoodlums. The policeman that was hacked to death in that morbid video in mushin-olosan. Didn't that happen before lekki? The ones that were killed and their stations burnt in ajeromi-ifelodun, didn't those happen before lekki? Wasn't it after the hoodlums you invited with your rhetoric of "revolution" embarked on wanton killings that the governor declared curfew? Till now, all we saw in lekki is soldiers who shot into the air. And that's what you hypocrites are putting forward as the face of the protest, you've withdrawn the initial fake videos,.pictures and casualty figures. All you pseudo-woke fools deserve to be shot.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by LeitaP: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fortunately, I didn't.

Ohizman73:

Did soldiers kill any protester in Benin ,Edo-state before they started their orgy of violence that was copied in lagos ,which prompted the gov to declare a curfew ,which lead to the incident.Evertbody is now using the Lekki incident to justify the wave of violence. hoodlums and all had started unleashing mayhem before the Lekki incident.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by subcbouy: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
This is what I tell all corps members posted to any remote villages, don't go and oppress but go and make an impact. Engage the community and the people therein. You are doing all that for the rainy day.
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by LeitaP: 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Now when you begin to benefit from their supreme sacrifice.....

For your enlightenment, protest is a civil right irrespective of curfew or whatsoever.

IamPlato:
if lekki protesters had listened to advice of obeyin the curfew they would still be alive
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by Xantel(f): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
Long may you live sir
Re: CSP Rabiu Garba Addresses Hoodlums That Came To Burn His Station In Onitsha by citygarden(m): 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
It’s good idea but my fear is the community leaders and indigene. Who will be hiding there children all because it’s community issues. Most of the community leaders will be biased on this. And the party in power at the state level will hijack the police to oppress the opposition.

uuzba:

Community policing.
That is the solution. Let each state and region police themselves.

What we have now is disconnected Federal Police sent anywhere in Nigeria anyhow. All of them disconnected from the indigenes. Hence all the issues and that's why people just burnt all the stations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

JUMIA Delivery Man Killed In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Sunny Mike Beaten To Death In India, Nigeria Reacts / Kenyan Man Found At A Bar Drinking On The Day Of His Burial (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.