Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,980 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs (77952 Views)

NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development / Oil Bloc: Mass Sack Looms As More IOCs Mull Exit / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Nchenches: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin cheesy
If Zamfara can control 100% of their Gold, if CBN can buy gold from zamfara with money that was gotten from South ,
Then Niger delta should control their own resources too, this is simple logic.

International companies that mine gold in Zamfara cooperate with Zamfara state government;

International Oil Companies cooperate with the federal government owned by Sokoto Caliphate irrespective of where Nigeria’s President comes from.

Sokoto Caliphate owns Nigeria after the civil war, worse, after Caliphate soldiers created 20 new political units in northern region but created 17 new political units in the two southern regions.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by bergs2: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin cheesy
If Zamfara can control 100% of their Gold, if CBN can buy gold from zamfara with money that was gotten from South ,
God bless u bro.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by emperor863(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
All these actions, anger and resentments is nothing but Northern attitude towards the one Nigerian project.

There is a saying that you can fool some people sometimes but you can't fool all the people all the time. Thank God even the Yorubas are waking up to the scam of one Nigeria. My very top Yoruba friend who wouldn't let me hear word about the need for one Nigeria now can go to any limit to say a break up is the way forward.

How can Zamfara state be selling their gold to CBN after secretly mining their gold for so many years? How can a president see rail connection to Niger republic as a priority in a dwindling Nigeria economy? Same way Buhari spent billons of dollars searching for oil in the North at a time the oil revenue was low and our economy was about going into recession. Why do the north always see Nigeria from the prism of the north first whenever they are in power? Why? I also blame corrupt southern leaders especially in the South South who fail their people despite the 13% allocation. But Northern attitude in the government cannot but be described as leeches. Their ever growing uncontrollable population is their priority. A place where a man boasts of 30 children. How will Nigerian revenue be enough to satisfy such population? How will poverty leave their region.

We urgently need to restructure as a nation so that every region will sit up to avoid all these implosion. God forbid we start war in Nigeria. We are tired of every year every trouble. The north will always chose to threaten everyone whenever break up is mentioned. Why? Because they have upper hand in the military. Do they really think the 21st century world is same as 1960?

To build our nation, we need a new structure, a new attitude and a unifying leader. I advice Igbos to stop further investment outside Igbo land. The present problems all over Nigeria is seriously a bad signal for such investments. To be forewarned is to be fore armed. We are not building a nation, we are living a nation.

When people suffering from dementia make submissions, their identities are not far fetched. What is the meaning of the thrash you wrote?

"Thank God even the Yoruba are waking up to the scam of one Nigeria. My very top Yoruba friend who wouldn't let me hear word about the need for one Nigeria now can go to any limit to say a break up is the way forward."

The Yoruba has always stood on their own since independence in 1960 because they believed in their capabilities, possibilities and God given advantages. If not for the despicable manner the Yoruba was treated by the kleptomaniac oriented administration of the drunken master (2011 - 2015), we may not talk if an alignment with the North.

On the contrary, the south east and the south south has always been willing tools to be used as slaves by the Hausa/ Fulani oligarchy. It is a pity that a lot of people on this forum think Nigeria was birthed in 2015. I do not have the luxury of time to you down memory lane. You may ask your elders.

For our principled stand on true federation, the Igbo had always frustrated the south west by choosing to align with the Fulani oligarchy to subjugate the people. For the first time, the Igbo found itself out of power due to political foolishness and miscalculation they suddenly woke up to 'realise' the imbalance of the federation - the imbalance that has been there since 1960.

Sheer hypocrisy

So, the Yoruba is not just waking up to any reality as you erroneously put it on your comment.

The one thing I am sure of is that the much desired true federation that the Igbo destroyed (out of greediness) through Aguyi Nrosi (Head of state and commander in chief(and Nwabueze (the attorney general who drafted a constitution that transfered all regional power to the Federal government)n 1966 is about to be re established.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Crownstar01: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2020
It is a good omen. Fraudster government would be brought down soon. Nigeria can never be united. If the gold in Zamfara State could belong to Zamfara, it means the oil and gas should belong to the Niger Delta too. One plus one is equal to two.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Coldie(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2020
Mouth... Nothing will happen.

They just want a little attention to themselves
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Rugaria: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2020
felzokugo:
Do u knw zamfara state controls thier gold? Bought by CBN... Wats wit niger delta controlin their own resources? Rugaria....wat a name...wat a thouht!
We are saying the same thing! The "thouht" here is saying it's wrong for the Niger Delta militants to accept pipeline security contracts and be paid by foreigners who lift the oil and develop other areas at the detriment of the host communities in the Niger Delta.. They should fight for full control of their resources just like the people of zamfara are doing with their gold...ok?
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Coldie(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2020
emperor863:

When people suffering from dementia make submissions, their identities are not far fetched. What is the meaning of the thrash you wrote?

"Thank God even the Yoruba are waking up to the scam of one Nigeria. My very top Yoruba friend who wouldn't let me hear word about the need for one Nigeria now can go to any limit to say a break up is the way forward."

The Yoruba has always stood on their own since independence in 1960 because they believed in their capabilities, possibilities and God given advantages. If not for the despicable manner the Yoruba was treated by the kleptomaniac oriented administration of the drunken master (2011 - 2015), we may not talk if an alignment with the North.

On the contrary, the south east and the south south has always been willing tools to be used as slaves by the Hausa/ Fulani oligarchy. It is a pity that a lot of people on this forum think Nigeria was birthed in 2015. I do not have the luxury of time to you down memory lane. You may ask your elders.

For our principled stand on true federation, the Igbo had always frustrated the south west by choosing to align with the Fulani oligarchy to subjugate the people. For the first time, the Igbo found itself out of power due to political foolishness and miscalculation they suddenly woke up to 'realise' the imbalance of the federation - the imbalance that has been there since 1960.

Sheer hypocrisy

So, the Yoruba is not just waking up to any reality as you erroneously put it on your comment.

The one thing I am sure of is that the much desired true federation that the Igbo destroyed (out of greediness) through Aguyi Nrosi (Head of state and commander in chief(and Nwabueze (the attorney general who drafted a constitution that transfered all regional power to the Federal government)n 1966 is about to be re established.

Mind your business
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by FILEBE(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2020
GTkester:
Let them scatter everything!

Oga let us be calming down o. It is very easy to begin, the end is what we don't know. Please , let us calm down. I blelieve there are better ways to go about this .

Omo. We like violence for this country o. And. A we go church and mosque pass for the world. Where is the love?
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by smileyoo: 9:36am On Oct 25, 2020
these niger-delta militants are jokers.
though they have a just cause to fight for, but they are too selfish and corrupt to fight for the good of their people.
why is it that they don't raise a finger to fight for their people against the marauding terrorist herdsmen killing their people ?
or is it only oil they know how to fight for ?
may be they only fight for the oil because of the money involved, and when the govt give them money they stop the threats, abandon their people to their fate on what ever they are passing through.
they don't bloody care what happens to their people or their native land, all they do is always blackmail the govt and oil companies to obtain money and the audio fighting ends.
since they really don't care about their people, i wish the govt can refuse to be blackmailed any more.
let the govt use the money made for settling these few greedy lots in taking good care of the suffering communities.
because i really don't see any difference between these greedy fighters and the greedy politicians in their midsts.
presently oyigbo community in river state is on fire due to the activities of terrorist-herdsmen, what's the response of these so-called freedom fighters ?
oh i forgot you fight for only oil and not for the people. enough of this rubbish.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Crownstar01: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2020
FILEBE:

Oga let us be calming down o. It is very easy to begin, the end is what we don't know. Please , let us calm down. I blelieve there are better ways to go about this .

Omo. We like violence for this country o. And. A we go church and mosque pass for the world. Where is the love?
The only way to fight the kind of corruption in Nigeria, is to bring the country down. Similar thing happened in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China in 1989. And today, China is better off.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by PROPHETmichael: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2020
Rugaria:
Jokers gaurding pipelines that drain oil from their lands angling for more security contracts with empty threats...

It's their "Oyel", wetin concern you? You don't have a problem when Zamfara State is controlling their resources.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by OyinO: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2020
Rugaria:
Jokers gaurding pipelines that drain oil from their lands angling for more security contracts with empty threats...

haaaahaaaahaa!!!
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by michoim(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Terrywaya(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2020
ehinmowo:

Am of a strong opinion,that the militant recruit more men with good welfare,training and salary.omo I go just travel go join start training. Serious fight must happen for this country.enough of all dis let's pray for Nigeria shit
Even the millitary knows that sending her will end up.ij disaster. If he tries that, then it's game over.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by shevy878: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2020
Kuginzi:

Or they will give themselves heat. Do u think Buhari give a Damm about them. They just want to visit their ancestors.

Lol, buhari can't do anything. The lekki tollgate shooting has thought bubu some lesson on how to deal carefully with agitation & protest in the South, the more he involves the military the more the demand for restructuring continue to gain weight & momentum.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Kaybenny(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2020
iLegendd:
As a Niger Deltan, I hate hearing all these noise. I love action before noise. Blow 5 important oil facilities first before you make demands, else no one will take you seriously. Boko Haram takes action before demand and that's why FG respect them.

They should just blow like 10 major pipelines and 5 Platforms first before all this messages and demands.

Resource Control is the key.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by FILEBE(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Crownstar01:
The only way to fight the kind of corruption in Nigeria, is to bring the country down. Similar thing happened in Tiananmen Square in Beijing, China in 1989.

If it is brought down. Is it worth your life? Hasn't it been tried before everywhere? You just cited one example out of all that had tried and many lives were lost. Assuming it is brought down, do you think we may even be alive to see it if we weren't killed in the " bringing down".

The beginning of war you know, the end you don't know.

Check other African countries and see for yourself. Sudan? Libya? Serria leone?... Uganda... and many more.

There are better ways to resolve this bro. Better ways. Peacefully without blood shed. Example is with Technology
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by OyinO: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
idiots
these are periods IOCs are struggling to survive in business. oil prices are now low and a lot of IOCs wouldn't mind packing up.
The FG has done enough for d Niger delta in sincerity. IOCs pay the communities, IOCs contribute their quota to NDDC, IOCs give out contracts to local indigenes due to NCDMB rules even though those local contractors make a mess. but in all their elites embezzle these funds. they should go for their elites.
a huge percentage of their youths are employed in these companies
a huge percentage of their students are on scholarships. wat exactly is their problems.

they are threatening destruction wen they should be wooing investors to their region. era of oil relevance is coming to an end and these idiots dont know dat

You missed the points and your analysis is totally off key.
Oil is still relevant till tomorrow. Stop been swept off your feet by Western propagandas. Woo which investors? What has the past investors and investments done to them and their environment since 1954 when crude oil was first discovered in Oloibiri by Shell?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Crownstar01: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2020
FILEBE:

If it is brought down. Is it worth your life? Hasn't it been tried before everywhere? You just cited one example out of all that had tried and many lives were lost. Assuming it is brought down, do you think we may even be alive to see it if we weren't killed in the " bringing down".

The beginning of war you know, the end you don't know.

Check other African countries and see for yourself. Sudan? Libya? Serria leone?... Uganda... and many more.

There are better ways to resolve this bro. Better ways. Peacefully without blood shed. Example is with Technology
With technology? What are you talking about? For me, you are still native about what is happening in Nigeria. This country needs a total eradication.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Nyanabo(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Abegi e don tay yansh de for back. When the IOC's give their chiefs $10m and the chiefs in return give these millitant leaders $4m for them to share case close. you won't hear from them until they need more money.

I'm a Niger Deltan thats how they do. its one of the many reasons the region can't move forward despite its resources.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by iLegendd(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2020
Kaybenny:

They should just blow like 10 major pipelines and 5 Platforms first before all this messages and demands.

Resource Control is the key.

That's it. Action before noise is the fastest way to be taken seriously.

When EndSARS started, Buhari just laughed and ignored, but when he saw action and violence, he called IGP to do something.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Midas01: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2020
What happened to all the money Nigeria has been stealing from my region?
Donedeal1:
Militants or military, what happened to àll the amnesty money given to them? this is the outcome of the jail break , lots of effort needed clean up the space of criminality
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Princedapace(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
idiots
these are periods IOCs are struggling to survive in business. oil prices are now low and a lot of IOCs wouldn't mind packing up.
The FG has done enough for d Niger delta in sincerity. IOCs pay the communities, IOCs contribute their quota to NDDC, IOCs give out contracts to local indigenes due to NCDMB rules even though those local contractors make a mess. but in all their elites embezzle these funds. they should go for their elites.
a huge percentage of their students are on scholarships. wat exactly is their problems.

they are threatening destruction wen they should be wooing investors to their region. era of oil relevance is coming to an end and these idiots dont know dat

Zamfara has their gold and CBN buys the gold with money mainly gotten from South. I mean, southerners are mad o. Very mad o.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by fineboynl(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Donedeal1:
Militants or military, what happened to àll the amnesty money given to them? this is the outcome of the jail break , lots of effort needed clean up the space of criminality
amnesty is a temporary relief. and running away for the permanent solution which is resources control.

few elite are benefiting so the boys only want to join in the loot. the permanent solution is restructuring.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Etinosa1234: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2020
timebomb02:

this the best approach, i av said it times without number peaceful protest is a joke. war is the only thing that can reset this country. but the cowards would always think otherwise.

U that is brave, how many soldiers u don kill

U think war is child's play,... Why not go as a mercenary to the Armenia if it's war that's Sweeting u...
I heard they are paying well
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by FILEBE(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Crownstar01:
With technology? What are you talking about? For me, you are still native about what is happening in Nigeria. This country needs a total eradication.

Total eradication? Well since you are clamoring for war. I hope you get it and others are left out of it.

Like seriously! Is everything have to be violence? Is it? Ehn? If it happens now.. you will be running helter skelter to other peaceful countries. Just listen to yourself. Total eradication...listen to yourself. Are our lives experiments to you?

Eradication by violence. Damn. This is sad to know some people are thinking your path. But bros, you dey go church o. Don't u?
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Mayniaa: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Moganajoe: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2020
Jdbrasco2:
I hope they are not just barking? Cut off the oil and they will scramble and restructure the country. Hence you live as slaves forever.

That's the simple truth both on Earth and in heaven.
We must use force on them, force them to do what is expected of them to do.

The only thing that give Nigerian politicians Joy is that broad gap between the rich and the poor.
We the common people must bridge that gap by force.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by FILEBE(m): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U that is brave, how many soldiers u don kill

U think war is child's play,... Why not go as a mercenary to the Armenia if it's war that's Sweeting u...
I heard they are paying well

I swear. I dont how we got to this. People are just saying we need war. I can't comprehend that reasoning . Is this have we have lost regards for human lives?

He said WAR, like he might live 2 days after the begin to tell the end. Sudan are still facing it as we speak. Seen the documentary called CRY FREETOWN ? If after watching and they don't have a change of mind then.... their hearts are made of stone.
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by ihustlehard: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin cheesy
Good one
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by Blessedassuranc(f): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Bigchristo:
Have you thought of the underdevelopment in Niger delta states today? Places like Delta state and Bayelsa they can not manage their allocations and budget not to talk of managing their resources

YOU ARE SO STUPID . And how is that your business? I say again YOUR HEAD NO CORRECT
Re: Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs by LikeAking: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
idiots

Dont develop your region,continue depending on SS oil

E go shock una.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic / President Buhari's New Official Portrait Approved By Him / Nigerian Burns Nasco Cornflakes Over Terrorism Sponsorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.