Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech (58644 Views)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Chynwe(f): 9:01am On Oct 25, 2020
Femi! Femi! Femi!(How many times I call you?).Na you write that nonsense speech give this old man wey everybody dey hiss?
Give me reason why they shouldn't remit your one year salary and allowances into Chimamanda's account.
Most times I ponder why the illiterate in Aso rock was chosen out of the sound minds in Nigeria.
The thing dey do me like say they use juju on this country.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Oketwin(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Lanre0:
Thanks to Chimamanda but should however reserve her speech till when they all get back to their dubious Biafra state.
calling u an idiot wud be a compliment

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by dimexy247(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by dimexy247(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2020
nograv:

No one cares about what you say anymore. You are like the boy who cried wolf..
out of almost 500 comments on this thread, I am the only one you took your time out to quote, and you are lying to yourself that you don't care about my post grin grin grin. Na lie, tell ursef d truth,
u care about my post die. grin
It gives you nightmare every night.
I go keep hitting the truth on your head, you and your wailing friends here.
Truth is bitter tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Chommybaby(f): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2020
I've always loved and adored this woman

And if that robot in Aso rock has said this... I think we would have been calming down small small. grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by goodychet: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2020
IamPlato:
You get time...

Who cares?

What were you people expecting?

Like say una no know how buhari speech dey be... All of una sha won use the man shine

Kindly listen to this audio and let the youths up their game, we must own this country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeuybkUdLKc

They tell u say the police are not youth?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by bergs2: 9:14am On Oct 25, 2020
Sister Chimamanda, I understand ur use of poetry(fictional imagination) in describing what the ideal response of a sane leader could have been, but the truth is that ur expectation was too astronomical of the person at the helm of affair in our country:
But permit me to ask: Do u think a leopard will suddenly lose its skin coloration? (Just asking)

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by DaCharis2016: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Thanks to the president of the federal republic of Nigeria (we never had).
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Positivepoint(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Ikorodurealtor:

What's all this tribalism about?
Who in his right senses would reject a Good talk because the person that said it isn't from his/her tribe?
That's foolishness to me.

Same way they are saying it's igbos that looted and burnt places in Lagos.
Playing the tribalistic games to distablize the calls for the end to bad governance and protests.

Nigerians wake up and stop falling for tribal sentiments.

People like u reject a good speech coz it ain't from one of urs. Look in the mirror and u ll see a big tribalistic human staring right back.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by kayodeadeniji2(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2020
Wonderful speech���
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by meliziz12(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2020
lalasticlala:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/the-address-president-buhari-could-have-given-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie/amp/
.. This is just apt. I wish and wish we will create a youth political party, sponsor it and help learned citizens we have to run for us. If we don't do it this way there is no head way!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by josiegirl27: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2020
Seerade029:
Lol cheesy

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for president.

Honestly, if Buhari read this speech to everyone.
Most Nigerians will applaud him.
not just applaud him ...but the crisis would have subsided ..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by henzy4life: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2020
codedguy1:
My take is that you cannot say/give what you don't have.

If this was the speech and it came from a sincere place then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place because it would be assumed we have reasonable people at the helm.

The truth is this govt cannot be reasonable either in their actions or what they say. They have demonstrated it time and time again.

When there are people like Adesina, Garba and Onochie speaking on behalf of the presidency how would anyone expect anything reasonable from them.

This speech can only be given by a govt that has been reasonable from time and we can't say same about this govt.

They can't even pretend to care.
U are on point
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by InvertedHammer: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2020
lalasticlala:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/the-address-president-buhari-could-have-given-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie/amp/
/
Buhari cannot read all that...too long.

That will take atleast 6 months of rehearsal.

/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Halo22: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2020
I am thinking that all the people advising president Buhari are unreasonable irrespective of their status and qualifications. How could Someone write such a speech for him, cos I am pretty sure he didn't write it himself. A cue from Chimamanda's write in case of another incident, won't be bad.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by chimeremodlyn: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2020
But he would not be able to read this. Even if he tried, trust me u won't understand what he's reading
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by chimeremodlyn: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Buhari cannot read all that...too long.

That will take atleast 6 months of rehearsal.

/
Yeah, they wrote what was easy enuf for him to read
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:
sad

They all know the right thing to do when they are not in power..
Uncouth fool. You that know what to do while in power (as a BMC) what have you done
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Liposure: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2020
Fair speech not like the crap baba at the top made few days ago
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:
sad

They all know the right thing to do when they are not in power..

Thank you. The minute they get power everybody get amnesia.

The need the Igbos have to be using Nigeria to make money abroad by painting us constantly as wild animals is why I cannot respect people like Chimamanda. We have other authors with film projects who don’t feel the need to constantly vilify any Nigerian not of their tribe so I could care less about her speech. Will sweet speech stop what happened?

Sitting up here thinking the real world na Nollywood movie

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by otomatic(m): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2020
specialmati:
I guess the presidential speech was written before the lekki incident. it didnt shock me.abi did it shock you

Wrong guess otherwise how did they manage to include the Oba in it?. The Oba incident happened after the Lekki incident.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Celebsnews2: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2020
Beauty and Brain
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2020
IamPlato:
You get time...

Who cares?

What were you people expecting?

Like say una no know how buhari speech dey be... All of una sha won use the man shine

Kindly listen to this audio and let the youths up their game, we must own this country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeuybkUdLKc

Very good. Enjoyed it

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Rotji(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2020
lalasticlala:

Chimamanda should be appointed SA on Presidential speeches to avoid speeches like wawahwkodbdjnawaahjaaabbj of Buhari 2 days ago
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by kingtip(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2020
Chimamanda for president!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Blessedassuranc(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:
Nigeria missed a great chance to force change. Protests of this sort are not just organized haphazardly like it was done with the #EndSars. I blame the organizers.

After getting the attention of the whole world, the organizers failed to clearly define a motive. Eventually, everyone tried to take credit not knowing they were dealing with politicians.

The cause of the protest failed when the IGP cleverly isolated Davido and later leaked a video of the singer denying ever being part of the protests. That was the day that the politicians poured water on the protest. The thugs were sent to cause mayhem and eventually, some state sponsored hoodlums were made to do all the bad things that later got blamed on the protests.

What the politicians have succeeded in doing is that they have carved a bad name for the protests and nobody wants to be associated with it again. A failed revolution is very dangerous because this generation may not get this chance ever again.

The organizers failed big time. They never realized that the game that they have started is a 3D chess and it can only be played when you use your head and not emotions.

I weep for this country

And what makes you feel that the protest now has a bad name to it and no one wants to associate with it? Sorry you are so so wrong. Go make your findings again
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Oracleforce: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2020
She wants to collect Femi Adesina's job. .....

Ijebu people will swear for you. .

The truth is that presidential speech is callous. And whoever wrote it for him must be callous and wicked
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Blessedassuranc(f): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

You are wrong. Spontaneous killing , looting, burning etc that followed lekki shooting shows that the protests were successful as oppressed who were hoping that government would do needful lost hope and reacted angrily. People are convinced that politicians are greedy.
Senseless shooting in lekki and president speech make people to loose hope in government.

Thank you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Blessedassuranc(f): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2020
SmartPolician:

Stop writing NONSENSE

The protest had no organizers

It's a protest of a bunch of Nigerians who were frustrated by police brutality

They made it clear that there were no leaders

However, one point they always made clear was that they would always remain peaceful

Abeg no mind am. For him mind him don't write long epistle wet make sense. Lol

Ahead ahead we move
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Blessedassuranc(f): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2020
anonymous1759:

You've sense bro I reasoned the same thing the Theme End SARS stayed for too Long I was expecting a Front Runner to change the Narrative to clearly state our needs . I pity the dead ones it was a waste of time. The policians had the last laugh .
With this current Generation anything can still happen until that comes to light the end SARS protesters died in vain.

You and your likes are so so wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blood Bath In Ibadan APC Rally / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election / PHOTOS: Senators Visit Ekweremadu At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.